PDA

View Full Version : Remote Viewing

MightyB
02-15-2008, 12:46 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_viewing

Thoughts?

There's a lot of people who think it's possible...

RD'S Alias - 1A
02-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Us Military proved it wasn't viable in the 1950's

1bad65
02-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Us Military proved it wasn't viable in the 1950's

He is right on that one.

And a few have taken the Randi challenge and failed.

MightyB
02-15-2008, 12:51 PM
"In the early 1990s the Military Intelligence Board, chaired by DIA chief Soyster, appointed an Army Colonel, William Johnson, to manage the remote viewing unit and evaluate its objective usefulness. According to an account by former SRI-trained remote-viewer, Paul Smith (2005), Johnson spent several months running the remote viewing unit against military and DEA targets, and ended up a believer, not only in remote viewing's validity as a phenomenon but in its usefulness as an intelligence tool."

MightyB
02-15-2008, 12:54 PM
"Professor Richard Wiseman, a psychologist at the University of Hertfordshire and a fellow of the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry (CSI) has said that he agrees remote viewing has been proven using the normal standards of science, but that the bar of evidence needs to be much higher for paranormal claims and thus he remains unconvinced:[25]

I agree that by the standards of any other area of science that remote viewing is proven, but begs the question: do we need higher standards of evidence when we study the paranormal? I think we do. ... Because remote viewing is such an outlandish claim that will revolutionise the world, we need overwhelming evidence before we draw any conclusions. Right now we don't have that evidence.

—Richard Wiseman, Daily Mail, January 28, 2008, pp 28-29"

MightyB
02-15-2008, 12:56 PM
so basically he's saying that the scientific method proves it, but he doesn't care 'cuz he don't believe in it anyway.

MightyB
02-15-2008, 01:12 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=510762&in_page_id=1770

1bad65
02-15-2008, 01:14 PM
Actually it was not a good test. You need to include someone with experience as a magician or conjuror.

John Edward has fooled Dr. Gary Schwartz of the University of Arizona into believing his claptrap. James Randi has seen pics and tape of the test and can show exactly how Edward fooled the doctor. Randi was a magician/conjuror, the doctor has no experience in it.

1bad65
02-15-2008, 01:19 PM
A shady mechanic may well be able to fool a great lawyer into thinking his car needs work done on it that it does not need. But if the lawyer asked another mechanic for his opinion he would see the first mechanic's scam.

SifuAbel
02-15-2008, 02:36 PM
Actually it was not a good test. You need to include someone with experience as a magician or conjuror.

John Edward has fooled Dr. Gary Schwartz of the University of Arizona into believing his claptrap. James Randi has seen pics and tape of the test and can show exactly how Edward fooled the doctor. Randi was a magician/conjuror, the doctor has no experience in it.

This is a non sequitur comment, as usual. Remote viewing and cold reading to con people into thinking you can talk to the dead are not compatible issues.

Randi's method is flawed. It only shows how HE could reproduce the phenomenon, not that the person actually DID it that way.

1bad65
02-15-2008, 02:43 PM
Actually Randi does not reproduce the phenomenon. Randi explains the trick that the con uses when the con is attempting to justify the phenomenon itself.

SifuAbel
02-15-2008, 02:46 PM
Actually Randi does not reproduce the phenomenon. Randi explains the trick that the con uses when the con is attempting to justify the phenomenon itself.

Which is as flawed as you ducking tom and then saying otherwise. :D

Randi didn't prove anything. Only how HE would do it.

1bad65
02-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Still trying to get Tom involved huh?

Are you gonna try and muck up this thread as well?

Just start 3 more of your own to whine and cry.

Black Jack II
02-15-2008, 03:24 PM
Operation Grill Flame and all that is interesting but let's not sound retarded.

Black Jack II
02-15-2008, 03:28 PM
BTW- Randy is the man.

He is so cool that when a woman is giving him head, he pulls out before ejaculation and blows his load in there eye's. Then he kicks them in the shin.

He call's it the Pirate and it is his signature move. Woman all over the globe pay him for the treat.

Women and sometimes southern monkey kung fu stylist's whose name we shall not say.

1bad65
02-15-2008, 05:58 PM
I admire what Randi does. He is so determined to fight con artists and scammers, he put up $1 million to do so.

Takuan
02-15-2008, 10:47 PM
This is a non sequitur comment, as usual.

http://img19.exs.cx/img19/2936/wambulance5fw.jpg

SifuAbel
02-16-2008, 02:27 AM
Women and sometimes southern monkey kung fu stylist's whose name we shall not say.

While I was in line with your mother...............

SifuAbel
02-16-2008, 02:28 AM
http://img19.exs.cx/img19/2936/wambulance5fw.jpg

Wow, you joined last month, wow. Are you cool yet? :rolleyes: Stupid *****.

1bad65
02-16-2008, 02:31 AM
You sure are popular around here SifuExcuses. ;)

MasterKiller
02-16-2008, 09:02 AM
Wow, you joined last month, wow. Are you cool yet? :rolleyes: Stupid *****.

2008 - 2007 = 1 year.

SifuAbel
02-16-2008, 09:25 PM
Oops my bad.

So you joined last year, are you cool yet? stupid *****.

1bad65
02-16-2008, 11:43 PM
So you joined last year, are you cool yet? stupid *****.

Unlike you he hasn't been making a fool of himself online for 5 years.

1bad65
02-16-2008, 11:45 PM
Oh yeah SifuExcuses, remember this?

I doubt "your" gym would let you either. Its not "your" gym, is it? I wonder if your gym even knows you freely use their name and location as the site for your demise, er, I mean fight.

You did see the reply right?

First off the pic in your sig is me, not Mike. Our gym would love for you to come down and make a fool of yourself, as you see this is a gym of actual fighters, that know how to fight and do it for a living. It would be great to see you come in a break the daily grind with the joke that is you. I have told you you are more than welcome to come down and fight, but we all know you Rudy, you will just puff and bluster and put on a big internet show, then when it comes down to doing something about it, you will be gone in a puff of Ashida Kim smoke

So when can we expect you?