prana
09-16-2001, 02:27 AM
www.fpmt.org (http://www.fpmt.org)

Spiritual Qi-Gong

Scott R. Brown
09-16-2001, 10:07 AM
Anything by Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming

http://www.ymaa.com

Especially his book: "The Root Chinese of Chi Kung".

Sincerely,

Scott

dezhen2001
12-09-2001, 09:00 AM
'Qigong for health and vitality' by Michael Tse. It has some very good theory and good beginning exercises that you can do.

Also 'Dayan Qigong 1st 64', again by Michael Tse. It is very well thought out and has good diagrams for the movements

thanks,
david :)

redfist
12-10-2001, 04:36 PM
" qi empowerment " by liang shou-yu describes the 5 catagories of chi kung.

Mister Hansome
12-11-2001, 12:05 AM
OK :D :D

What about the book by Lam Kam Chuen , " The Way of Energy."
Can anyone rank this book? How does this book rank against others of it same stature?

OK :D :D

Alvar
12-11-2001, 03:34 AM
For example:

300 Questions on Qigong Exercises
Lin Housheng & Luo Peiyu

"This book is meant for popularizing the common knowledge, basic forms and therapeutic patterns of Qigong exercise. It contains an introduction to Qigong's features, principles, and essentials for practice. Qigong exercise forms, therapies for diseases and methods to correct deviations are also covered. There are illustrations in the sections of Qigong forms and movements. The book is composed of questions and answers, rich in content and fit for practical needs. "

Chinese Qigong Therapy
Zhang Mingwu

Qigong - Essentials for Health Promotion
Jiao Guorui

"This book is a detailed introduction to the fundamentals of Qigong exercise. Its purpose is to change certain erroneous views on this ancient art, eliminate mystification, assert the principle of Yin-Yang in TCM, and explain scientifically the theory and principles of Qigong, as well as the proper ways of practicing it. "

Repulsive Monkey
12-11-2001, 04:58 AM
Most of the books mentioned so far are good, however some people (and of course this is just my opinion) seem to hold Dr. Jang Jwing Ming with high regard. I have one or two of his books and do like the fact that he has a bulk of information in some of his books, but his lineage doesn't seem too amazing in my eyes. Maybe I haven't said this properly but he doesn't seemed to committed himself too much to internal training than others in that field. He does practice a lot of external stuff too. It just concerns me a little. Of course this does mean that I believe you have to choose one over the other, but especially with reference to his Classicsal/Traditional Yang Family Tai Chi Chuan book. I mean does his lineage go back directly to the Yang family? Where did he get any teachings directly himself in order to publish such a book.

Ky-Fi
12-12-2001, 04:17 PM
Dr. Yang has studied with a few different Yang Taiji teachers. His first was Kao Taou, and then in 1962 he started studying Yang Taiji and Northern Shaolin from Li Mao Ching, who learned from Han Ching-Tan, who learned from Yang Cheng Fu. This is listed in Dr. Yang's first Tai Chi book.
Li Mao Ching still teaches with Dr. Yang---he visited the Dr. Yang's Boston school in 2000, and I believe he's also overseen the teaching at Dr. Yang's annual European summer camp the last couple of years.

Qi dup
12-12-2001, 06:29 PM
Qigong Empowerment is easily the best Qigong book I have in terms of depth and information. The pictures are very easy to falow, highly recomended. I think it was already mentioned by redfist.