PDA

View Full Version : Don't know if it's been posted yet - Kimbo vs. Tank Abbot

IronFist
02-18-2008, 03:34 PM
http://www.sho.com/site/sports/KimboVSTank.do?source=SEP_banners_2/16media#video

Egg fu young
02-18-2008, 03:46 PM
Back to the barstool for tank.

rogue
02-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Looks like he was there to collect a check and get back in a hurry to watching last seasons Desperate Housewives that he got from Netflix.

HtownShaolinBum
02-18-2008, 06:57 PM
Is there anyone in the world that thought Kimbo would lose.

Kimbo is scary. It will take someone with some serious technique to take out that beast.

mickey
02-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Greetings,

Found a better view on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_fudcy7I9s

mickey

zapruder_bjj
02-19-2008, 12:56 AM
Is there anyone in the world that thought Kimbo would lose.

Kimbo is scary. It will take someone with some serious technique to take out that beast.

If he fought a real opponent right now he would more than likely lose, BUT in a year or four he should be a force.

HtownShaolinBum
02-19-2008, 01:33 AM
If he fought a real opponent right now he would more than likely lose, BUT in a year or four he should be a force.

True dat. Kimbo has been working hard on improving his technique according to interviews, so he should be pretty bad-A.

What he needs to do first though is learn how to NOT hit your opponent in the back of the head repeatedly while they are down.

xcakid
02-19-2008, 08:33 AM
What he needs to do first though is learn how to NOT hit your opponent in the back of the head repeatedly while they are down.

He's a street fighter. :p

Shaolinlueb
02-19-2008, 08:35 AM
just put him i the ring with fidor already and get it over with.

MasterKiller
02-19-2008, 08:47 AM
just put him i the ring with fidor already and get it over with.

LOL. Right.

Kimbo hasn't even fought a top 20 fighter yet.

Shaolinlueb
02-19-2008, 08:56 AM
exactly, kimbo is all hype. he hasnt fought anyone good yet. he might be good against the amatures but who knows against the good guys.

i mean tank abbot. come on, he was "good" 10 years ago.

Takuan
02-19-2008, 01:05 PM
Kimbo's training and workin' hard. He fights whoever the hell they tell him to. Him dropping Tank and the other fool they gave him is a sign to elitexc to give him people that don't suck.

But EliteXC is gonna match him up with whoever is going to draw the biggest crowd. Next I'm assuming is Shamrock.

HtownShaolinBum
02-19-2008, 01:22 PM
But EliteXC is gonna match him up with whoever is going to draw the biggest crowd. Next I'm assuming is Shamrock.

Haha, hopefully not Ken. Does he still fight anymore?

But yeah, you guys are right. Kimbo has not fought any top notch fighters yet. But I think that they are just testing the waters with him. And with how easily he beat Tank, I think that the message is clear, GIVE HIM A BETTER OPPONENT.

But yeah, Kimbo, once properly trained and gotten out of his streetfight mentality, he could be a great fighter. I'll be tuning in, ON YOUTUBE THAT IS!

banditshaw
02-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Meh.
Would rather see Kimbo duke it out street style really.
The MMA stuff is kinda childish and boring.

HtownShaolinBum
02-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Meh.
Would rather see Kimbo duke it out street style really.
The MMA stuff is kinda childish and boring.

Yeah, there is alot of hype and buildup for usually very short matches. And I cringe alot of the time at seeing these two sweaty men rolling around on the ground together. But I still catch the highlights on the ole YOUTUBE.

And yeah, I like the bareknuckle boxing matches, but hey, the man has to eat, and I doubt there is any money in streetfights.

David Jamieson
02-19-2008, 07:19 PM
tank's only a symbol and not much of a fighter anymore. I'm sure that off the record even he would admit that he did that for the money.

kimbos done some shock vids beating up people in backyards. Not fighters regular like, just people.

But, let's see how he does. It's entertaining and so far, I haven't spent dime one watching kimbo do anything other than what he is doing in all his vids, fighting. except i heard there's some pron out there too, but ewww, kimbo+pron = the brown acid @ woodstock