PDA

View Full Version : Taoist Meditation I need answers

dre_doggX
09-17-2001, 03:27 PM
I have studied some zen meditation but I wont to do Daoist Meditation.
I heard that some daoist meditations can make your body lighter or heavier, warmer .cooler, ettc you know what I mean

so some one give me a really go daoist meditation exercise please and also Whats a good book on Daoist meditation I have heard of Tai chi Classics already. but I have not read all of it. only a little.

Andre Lashley

Eight Diagram Boxer
09-17-2001, 07:42 PM
Taoist Yoga by Charles Luk is a good one, it's written in a question answer format too which should help.

Braden
09-17-2001, 09:46 PM
I haven't read them yet, but you might want to check out the Yin Shi Bagua meditations by Xie Peiqi. Check www.plumflower.com (http://www.plumflower.com) , they should have a video and book on their baguazhang page.

One of the things with taoist meditation is that if you're looking to do something, like making your body lighter, you'll never get anywhere.

Nexus
09-18-2001, 12:07 AM
Look for 3-centered meditation, that may be what you are looking for.

This is a method of connecting with energy of the earth and heaven, and then connecting your energy centers starting from above the head, moving to the third eye, then the heart center and finally the lower dan tien, then completing the process by embracing the golden pearl.

This is a good meditation to work with and a great one for activating the energy centers.

- Nexus

<font size="1">"Time, space, the whole universe - just an illusion! Often said, philosophically verifiable, even scientifically explainable. It's the <font color="blue">'just'</font> which makes the honest mind go crazy and the <font color="blue">ego</font> go berserk." - Hans Taeger</font>

origenx
09-18-2001, 01:39 PM
nexus - where do we find that?

dre_doggX
09-19-2001, 03:34 PM
yes please explain

Andre Lashley

prana
09-20-2001, 01:51 AM
Hmm I think Nexus is recovering from a vehicl accident, check out threads "For those who know Nexus IE. ME" thread.

kungfu cowboy
09-20-2001, 02:37 AM
From this (http://www.narrows.com/~ajayan/faq.htm) site.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I'd like to sleep less; will meditation reduce my need for sleep?

It is true that meditation has been shown to slow the metabolic rate to a point much deeper than even the deepest point of deep sleep. This profound rest and relaxation is wonderfully rejuvenating and restorative. Yet, it is not precisely the same quality of rest provided by sleep and dream cycles.
In meditation, though restful, one is also ordinarily completely alert. Further, the brainwave activity during meditation varies from either sleep or dreaming patterns. In a word, meditation and sleep are different states of consciousness; they serve different functions. Sleep cannot provide the benefits of meditation, meditation does not really replace sleep.
Nevertheless, over time, as meditation purifies, refines, and optimizes the functioning of the entire mind/body complex, one is likely to require less and less sleep. Many long-term meditators find that this happens naturally, as body and mind gain energy and function more and more efficiently.

[/quote]

"If do right, no can defense!"----Mr. Miyagi

kungfu cowboy
09-20-2001, 04:21 AM
Whoopsie! This was supposed to go somewhere else! :eek:

"If do right, no can defense!"----Mr. Miyagi

Repulsive Monkey
09-26-2001, 12:37 PM
Meditation from the Taoist fields should be taught one to one for clarification and edification, accurately. However if you want to get one of the the most definitive texts on it then look no further than Charles Luk's two books "Toaist Yoga" and "Secrets of Chinese Meditation". These contain the teachings of the most famous modern dat lay-Taoist meditation practitioner Yin Shih Tzu. Many Masters recognise his definitve work and documented exeriences in it at a very high level.