PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: ap Oweyn

Ralek
10-25-2001, 06:44 PM
When do you want to fight? Can you please list your stats?

Here are my stats.
wieght: 190 pounds
style: Video Games, mainly play street fighter2 turbo

My email is kaaar11@yahoo.com

Brazilian jiujitsu is superior.

apoweyn
10-25-2001, 07:04 PM
i'll email you.

and perhaps then we can bag this video game nonsense.

stuart b.

Ralek
10-25-2001, 07:38 PM
Ok apoweyn. But just so you know i really do train in video games. I don't train in anythign else. I get my skills from video game action.

apoweyn
10-25-2001, 07:42 PM
that's not true. spare me.

Ralek
10-25-2001, 07:43 PM
Hey. If you want i will bring my video games with me and show you them and prove that this is how i train.

apoweyn
10-25-2001, 07:53 PM
and how do you propose to 'prove' that's how you train? by showing me that you own those games?

fine, you learned from video games. nicely done.

stuart b.

Stranger
10-25-2001, 08:04 PM
Just because you own the games or play them well, doesn't mean that you only train via them.

Slighting your skills to draw in opponents is beyond cowardly. Why not whip out a tactical folder in the clinch and really surprise the next guy? Maybe your brother can jump out of the bushes and join in? If you are a tough guy and you have honor and balls, then you should be able to make an honest challenge. Gokor used to stick people into tournies under false lower ranks, and the BJJ community said he had no class. Kimo entered UFC III claiming to be trained in TKD only, and the BJJ community said he had no class.

You seem to respect the BJJ community and want to emulate their behavior, but you are a warped copy of the real deal. Somebody posted Sagat in action on this forum, and you did NOT learn MT from that character. Be a man, be straight up, and talk it like you can walk it (how's that for a variation on an old theme?).

Beating up on unsuspecting people can be done by practitioners of most arts- you aren't going to win any converts to your way of thinking that way.

Some day you are going to get a reply from a kung fu guy willing to fight you in Frederick. What would you think if after the first volley of blows, your opponent's movement looked a lot like that of a MMA fighter? If he broke your arm or leg and walked away, wouldn't you feel it is a little cheap that you were set up by a ringer like that. Ringers, hustlers, etc. are all part of the world of cons. If you want to prove a point (ie. kung fu sucks)don't start your case with a con.

You have already shown that when push comes to shove, you respect Shaolintiger (maybe as a person, maybe as a fighter, maybe as both). You shouldn't cheapen that offering of respect by maintaining that you beat him as an untrained fighter in a blood spilling streetfight.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

apoweyn
10-25-2001, 08:07 PM
stranger,

that's exactly my objection. i couldn't find a way to voice it properly. thank you.

stuart b.

Ralek
10-25-2001, 08:14 PM
Stranger. I deny your accusations. I do not train. All i do is play video games. I guess there is no way to prove that i don't train. But i gaurantee you, I do not train.

I believe that video games are a great way to enhace fighting ability. Why does everyone have such a big problem with this?

Stranger
10-25-2001, 08:15 PM
ap Oweyn,

"You be careful. People in masks cannot be trusted."
- Fezzik, The Princess Bride -

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

Ralek
10-25-2001, 08:16 PM
I will be wearing no mask. I will be wearing my Nintendo T-shirt and bring my super nintendo with me.

apoweyn
10-25-2001, 08:20 PM
Stranger,

Will do. Thanks man.

Stuart B.

Chang Style Novice
10-25-2001, 08:25 PM
Ralek -

Because thumbs are not arms and legs.

Ralek
10-25-2001, 08:29 PM
Kickboxing is a very effective style. I should be careful when i fight apoweyn. He might try to use some kickboxing on me.

Why is it that the people who do styles where you fight in a ring full contact like san shou, boxing, kickboixng, the only ones who accept my challenges?

So a kickboxer is willing to fight me. Where are all the kung fu guys? Where'd you go kung fu guys? Where are you?

Chang Style Novice
10-25-2001, 08:35 PM
You are working on a mistaken premise, one that you have stuck to so resolutely I must consider it a lie.

You believe kungfu includes no full contact fighting or sparring. This isn't true, and you have consistently labelled any kungfu that does include full contact fighting and sparring (ie: san shou) not real kungfu. This is also untrue.

So, shove your challenge the same place you get your information - up your backside.

apoweyn
10-25-2001, 08:40 PM
actually, that's his second mistaken premise.

i train in kickboxing. but i've never had a match. never fought full contact. never been roughed up in a parking lot. never even been bullied as a kid.

that's for the record. no grandiose claims that i'm a high-level competitor. that you bested a champion fighter.

just a regular guy. a 30-year-old, asthmatic editor who happens to live within driving distance of your lake.

suffer no illusions, josh.

stuart b.

Ralek
10-25-2001, 08:40 PM
Chang Style Novice.

San shou looks suspiciously like American Kickboxing and Free Style Wrestling.

nightair
10-25-2001, 08:41 PM
Ralek, so what you are saying is just because you sit on your a$$ all day and work out your thumbs that you have the skill to beat someone who physically trains everyday. That is asn dumb as saying that if I watch kungfu movies and quit training that I will automatically become a master. :rolleyes:

DOH!!

LEGEND
10-25-2001, 08:57 PM
STRANGER do u train at the fighter's garage or Yamasaki??? If u train at Yamasaki do u think we can roll together AFTER or BEFORE CLASS??? My school no longer carries the experience grapplers...they either off to college or work. SUCKs.

A

CD Lee
10-25-2001, 09:12 PM
I Challenge Ralek

Ralek,

I used to live in Frederick and I return regularly. If you wish to pit your skills and
strengths against an old school kung fu guy, I'm there. If you are concerned about my
physics, I am 5'8" 190lbs.

If you would like to meet at the base of Gambrill Mountain, I will give you a challenge.
Any times and dates are good.

We can discuss any conventions you may have.

Ben Wilson, Longquan "Dragon Fist"

CD Lee
10-25-2001, 09:19 PM
Why is it that the people who do styles where you fight in a ring full contact like san
shou, boxing, kickboixng, the only ones who accept my challenges?

So a kickboxer is willing to fight me. Where are all the kung fu guys? Where'd you go
kung fu guys? Where are you?

Here they are Ralek...you accepted a challenge yesterday from one...

Long Quan. So you want to fight? Just let me know with a post when you are coming.
My e-mail is kaaar11@yahoo.co

Taomonkey
10-25-2001, 09:29 PM
What an idiot, challenging yourself, ralek wrote on teh first post of this thread
"...ATTENTION: ap Oweyn
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When do you want to fight? Can you please list your stats?
Here are my stats.
wieght: 190 pounds
style: Video Games, mainly play street fighter2 turbo

My email is kaaar11@yahoo.com"

CDLEE wrote"...Here they are Ralek...you accepted a challenge yesterday from one...

Long Quan. So you want to fight? Just let me know with a post when you are coming.
My email is kaaar11@yahoo.com"

Posting the same email, how sad Joshey we busted your punk arse!!!!!!
HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

:D

Chang Style Novice
10-25-2001, 09:31 PM
WAAAH!

high-fives Taomonkey

Moderators, lock this thread now, as a permanent exhibit of Josh's lying, multiple-ID ways! I'm begging you! Don't let him edit the post!

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-25-2001, 10:03 PM
uhh guys ... i think he was just pasting part of the email or responce from ralek at the bottom of his post

where's my beer?

GunnedDownAtrocity
10-25-2001, 10:06 PM
yeah guys ... you missed the "when YOU ARE COMING"

that implys to me that it was something ralek wrote to cdlee who would be the one actually coming to ralek not the other way around.

im not saying its impossilbe rolls is chalenging himself again, just that this doesn't look like proof to me.

where's my beer?

Taomonkey
10-25-2001, 10:10 PM
you may be right, but I wouldnt put anything past ralek, he sucks you know.

Ralek
10-25-2001, 10:18 PM
CD Lee was quoting things that i had said. You can check our IP addresses.

Go look at the other threads. He cut and pasted the things i said to make a point.

Merryprankster
10-25-2001, 10:24 PM
nightair! You live in Alameda? I used to live there... at the Alameda beach and tennis club apartments right on the water. What a great place.

Is that little burrito place near lucky thirteen still there? It's kind of on a side street close to the high school...

MMmmm.... Carnitas Burrito... an exercise in heartburn, but utterly worth it.

Legend, I train at Lloyd Irvin's. If you want to train there sometime, let me know; I'll give you directions.

CD Lee
10-25-2001, 10:29 PM
Guess I was not very clear. Ralek is correct. But he had the benefit of knowing what he wrote, so that was easy.

So Ralek---are you gonna fight this Kung Fu guy that comes to your town every so often or not? He looks like your best bet for a genuine skilled kung fu fighter. Set it up let us know. And quit kuccin around. I am starting to recognize your posts from some other MMA board I used to inhabit. Same type style and technique of trolling. For real. Except on that board, instead of BJJ which was getting hot, you used WWF guys like Deisel daddy or something to **** those guys off, saying pro wrestlers could take all MMA and BJJ guys. Same exact type stuff

SevenStar
10-26-2001, 01:20 AM
when is this gonna happen? can it be taped?

"Just because I joke around sometimes doesn't mean I'm serious about kung-fu.
" - nightair

Stranger
10-26-2001, 02:24 AM
Legend,

I train far, far away. I am currently even slacking at that because I will be almost completely devoted to schoolwork for the next two months (trying to graduate in Jan.).

I've never been to Yamasaki's or the Fighter's Garage.

I've communicated with Lloyd Irvin via email. He is an excellent training option. I'd check it out.

I'll be back in training January. I'll let you know when school lightens up.

I don't get mad.
I get stabby.

LEGEND
10-26-2001, 06:47 PM
No biggie stranger I was looking for someone from Yamasaki's to train a little...but FREE...lol...I'm broke!

A

Ralek
10-26-2001, 08:52 PM
CDLee. Your saying that i troll other boards by saying WWF is better than BJJ? Go ahead and check that guys IP adress. You will find that it is not me that is trolling other boards.

And as for that kung fu guy who challenged me i gave him my email address and accepted his challenge. So why have you been saying that i ran away?

Ozihn
10-26-2001, 09:00 PM
You can have several different IP's in one home, i have 4 :) if you really want to know if it's him use an IP tracer. They can usually pinpoint the city he lives in.

Ralek
10-27-2001, 04:28 PM
So apoweyn. When can you fight?

FeloniousMonk
10-28-2001, 04:55 AM
i'm a kung fu guy who wants to fight you! You want to fight? Bring tekken 3 we'll warm up by playing some games, then we'll spar! After I smack you around a little, we'll take a break, watch some wrestling to warm up some more, then if you like WE can wrestle, your BJJ vs my long lost art of E.C.W. Yes I'm the whole fu(king show! :mad:

The unbeatable Felonious Monk

Merryprankster
10-28-2001, 05:35 AM
Felonius and Ralek... birds of a feather. :rolleyes:

apoweyn
10-28-2001, 03:31 PM
Ralek,

Email on the way.

Stuart B.

CD Lee
10-28-2001, 06:28 PM
But I do keep asking..."Are you gonna fight this guy or what...let us know what is going on"

This is the first I have heard anything. So you guys are in contact on this fight? When is is gonna happen...give some details? I may come.

apoweyn
10-28-2001, 09:40 PM
SevenStar,

The 10th, I think. I don't know about taping it. Hadn't really thought about it. I'm not really looking to make an event of it. Or to prove any points. I'm just trying not to shirk the experience.

Merryprankster and perhaps Legend will be there too. So there will at least be the accounts of several people not directly involved.

In any event, I don't have the equipment to tape it.

We'll see...

Stuart B.

Taomonkey
10-28-2001, 10:58 PM
Ap...
At least grab a disposable camera. take some shots before, during, and after(to validate any blood letting aka ralek vs. sholintiger) and either scan them into the computer, (yourself or a friend) or go to walmart or walgreens and have them put them on CD-ROM.

apoweyn
10-28-2001, 11:13 PM
Taomonkey,

I'd prefer not to make a fuss about it. If this goes through, and then Josh starts fabricating things, then I'd consider it. (I may have some pictures take for my own edification.)

Otherwise, I'd rather just take it for no more than it is. Two foolish people in a field.

Stuart B.

Rolick
10-28-2001, 11:55 PM
I am an experienced Kung Fu practitioner. I happen to have family in Frederick, and I travel there every other week (a little expensive I know). My email is in my profile. Email me and tell me where and when to show for a challenge. I expect you to show. I most honorably promise to use classcial Kung Fu moves on you, no kick boxing or wrestling. Although if you take me down, I will have to.

I have fought three challenge matches at the Rankin Martial Arts center in Frederick against skilled opponents. One was a BJJ practitioner two years training only. I defeated each person, and took some pusishment, but I did win each time no problem. You have to take some to give a lot.

Anyway, I am 6'1, 235lbs, and 24 yrs old. I will be in Frederick this weekend. I expect you to take this seriously. This will not be sparring. It is a demonstration of what Kung Fu can do to an aggressor in the event you are ever attacked and need to defend your life.

Ralek
10-29-2001, 05:13 AM
Sure. I'll fight you. But you your profile says your in Oklahoma.

And you fought a BJJ guy in Frederick? i didn't know there was any BJJ places in frederick.