PDA

View Full Version : Buddhism and Falun Gong

o
09-18-2001, 07:20 AM
What have Buddhist masters said about Falun Gong? Its founder, Li Hongzhi, claims to be a Buddha with supernatural powers greater than Sakyamuni (the historic Buddha). He also claims the practice to be of the Buddha school. What is Buddhism's position on Falun Gong?

prana
09-18-2001, 07:37 AM
well I havent participated much in this Falun Gong discussion because it has much too much politics involved.
And I have seen very similar practises being used in Falun Gong.
Much of the practise of this lineage that I practise, begins with a yoga practise that is similar in many other lineages of yogas, including the Indian Kundalini awakenings.

But perhaps I am being cowardly, I do not know enough about Falun Gong's actual heart practise to describe or compare it.

I hold reference to a convo about rainbow light attainment. Although I have also seen a cult in ****** describing similar practises, but the heart practises (Yoga's) are suspiciously impure.

OOPS, BTW I have no right to answer this, cause I am NOT a Buddhist Master.

The mind is like a candle flame, blown by the 5 winds of distraction, to the past and future.

Scott R. Brown
09-18-2001, 07:56 AM
Prana,

We are all Buddhist masters we just don't realize it.

Sincerely

Scott

Nexus
09-18-2001, 08:34 AM
Scott, Prana, Speak...

What is the realization of Buddha?

What is the actualization of Buddha?

(Hint: Whats that?)

- Nexus

<font size="1">"Time, space, the whole universe - just an illusion! Often said, philosophically verifiable, even scientifically explainable. It's the <font color="blue">'just'</font> which makes the honest mind go crazy and the <font color="blue">ego</font> go berserk." - Hans Taeger</font>

[This message was edited by Nexus on 09-18-01 at 11:42 PM.]

prana
09-18-2001, 08:36 AM
Greets Scott,

I hope you are okay, haven't heard from you since the horrific tragedy. Anyway, take care. I hope you are well. But glad to know you are still typing (posting).

The mind is like a candle flame, blown by the 5 winds of distraction, to the past and future.

Scott R. Brown
09-18-2001, 01:08 PM
Prana,

Thank you for the kind words. I actually have a job now and I work 10 hour days so I may be posting less frequently.

Nexus,

Don't you mean, "What is this?"

Sincerely,

Scott