PDA

View Full Version : Tim Van Orden the Raw Winner

Tainan Mantis
02-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Here is something I found interesting and thought I would share with my fellow martial artists.

Tim, A raw foodist who, at 40 years old will attempt to qualify for the Olympics is travelling America competing in running events.

I had the chance to attend his talk this weekend as he came to Tampa for a competition. He spoke of the benefits of eating raw food and the mission he is out to prove that it produces positive physical performance results.

Here is an excerpt from the Tampa Tribune,

Tim Van Orden climbed the fastest up the 42 floors of the downtown Bank of America on Saturday -- in 5 minutes and 11 seconds...

...Los Angeles resident Van Orden, 39, decided to vacation in Florida to join in the Bank of America event. He has participated in a number of stair climbs, including two events at the 110-story Sears Tower in Chicago.

He credits his diet of raw fruit and vegetables for the strength he said he didn't have two years ago.

He bounded up the Sears Tower in a little over 14 minutes, he said, coming in third on his fastest try.

http://www.citizens1st.com/story.asp?idstr=114957581

What the article fails to mention is that he had sliced off his heels in a snow shoe race in Vermont three weeks ago and hadn''t trained in all that time.

He couldnt wear shoes and was hampered by shower slippers as he climbed. Second place was a minute behind him.

His website is www.runningraw.com

Kevin

www.plumflowermantisboxing.com