PDA

View Full Version : hmmm

Ima Pseudonym
09-24-2001, 07:39 PM
not to digress, but i feel i must. i do believe in past lives, but isn't it amazing how everyone seems to have been something cool? no one ever seems to have been a **** house washer, or anything else unpleasant. the one time i have had a "past lives reading" was fun, but i don't feel worth the breath it took to tell me the story. now it was fine storytelling believe you me. i commend the practitioner on her ability, but i feel the actual skill or ability required to derive these types of facts is rare and hard to find.

i usually try to give no outward info for the person to work with so i can actually see where the info is coming from. for example, as soon as we started the session she said i was wild and adventurous. first of all, i am about as vanilla as they come, but i looked down at my feet and realized i had brought my motorcycle helmet in and laid it down by the chair. unfortunately my girlfriend chose this time to speak up and say "oh yeah, he does all that kung fu meditation stuff..." lol, thanks a lot. Anyways, the lightbulb that went on over my clairevoyant's head and the look of triumph as to having hit on something was almost comical. All the sudden i was a monk of one stripe or another all the way back to lemuria. from there i was a french ballerina, a missionary in south america swinging from vines like tarzan, and a few others. no shopkeepers, no street sweepers, and no stable boys. thankfully though, she didn't go the royalty route either.

now, as i stated at the beginning of this rant, i do believe in past lives, and i believe we as humans can build the ability to look into the psyche and past of another. i just believe it is hard to find anyone credible. we have a huge "new age" community here in san diego, but i haven't heard of anyone with true ability. the few other experiences i have had with the "psychic" community seems to be just an older form of psycho-therapy with a mystical turn to it.

that being said, if ya'll know anyone in san diego let me know how to contact them and i'll give it another shot.

D

I love the smell of iron palm in the morning, it smells like.... victory

Ima Pseudonym
09-24-2001, 07:43 PM
sorry guys, this was supposed to go under the past lives post.... i must have hit the wrong button.

D

old jong
09-24-2001, 07:48 PM
I guess you were that guy who pushed the wrong button and caused this universal catastrophy 65 millions years ago!...(in a past life of course) ;)

Les paroles s'envolent.
Les écrits restent!...

Ima Pseudonym
09-24-2001, 08:26 PM
lol, you must be right old jong, there is something to this past life stuff after all.... ;)

and to think i was god in a past life, or could i be the tao? the plot thickens... lol

thanx for the laugh old jong, i needed it

D

Cody
09-24-2001, 09:02 PM
Well, Ima Pseudonym, I too believe in the possibility of multiple life times. Not sure of how it comes about. I'm not prone to belief systems.
Okay. I went with a couple of friends to one of those gallery readings. I was in my 20's. We weren't asked to offer info about ourselves.
The lady was more interested in my past lives than in my current one. She told me I had been a severely deformed nun, who sewed beautifully. (In this life time I don't want to know from sewing.) So much for everyone being someone cool.
She also said I had been a very good musician in the middle ages or so, on a stringed instrument. I believe that was a male incarnation. (In this lifetime, I had loved baroque music, especially strings, from a very early age. Parents wouldn't let me study.)
I have a strong, but nebulous spiritual identity, a faithfullness about me, and an interest in sound and energy in martial arts along with other aspects of this discipline. My ears are musical, but practically speaking, uh uh. If what she said was true, I've gone on, and yet something remains.
In terms of current life, I would say my situation cries out for past life regression work, but I don't trust anyone to do this. Too much room for deception, even if the reader doesn't intend to mislead.

old jong, you are funny!

Cody

Ima Pseudonym
09-24-2001, 11:07 PM
you sorta' illustrated my point. by everyone "being someone cool" i meant that most of the time that i have heard of different readings my friends have had they always have some profound or different thing about them.

your severely deformed nun for example. though she was deformed, she sewed beautifully. so right there you have the feel good theme of conquering diversity or not judging a book by it's cover. i have never heard a description like "i used to be the guy who swept up the place", so if all that i have heard is true the ancient world must have been a huge mess with no janitors or maids around lol, but on the flipside of that one of my exgirlfriends did claim to have been a maid in a past life, but to royalty of course ;)

D

prana
09-25-2001, 02:29 AM
yes its true.

According to Buddha, becoming human occurs as rarely as a grain of sand in all the beaches and rivers of the world.

How so many only remember their "human" lifes.

Perhaps it is through their eyes they see as a being, but not necessrily human.

??

The mind is like a candle flame, blown by the 5 winds of distraction, to the past and future.

Repulsive Monkey
09-25-2001, 12:40 PM
but true. Yes you're right so many people seem to be of high standing in their past incarnations. It would seem then that their present incarnations of someone who is more lowly would highlight the amount of bad Karma they have accrued in their life and the backward steps they have taken. Be happy if your past life was more lowly than your present because that would suggest that you are moving up in celestial terms of getting closer to spiritual liberation.

As Prof. Cheng Man-ching exhaustably told his students "Invest in Loss".

shaolinboxer
10-02-2001, 07:23 PM
Lowly how?

You could have been a general-priest-poet-singer-painter in your past life, and now you are a garbageman.

Why is being a garbage man worse?

"She ain't got no muscles in her teeth."
- Cat