PDA

View Full Version : OT: a true warrior

SPJ
02-29-2008, 09:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnirPJh6GKA

they protect the family, children, and the herds for thousand years in the great plains/grassland of western china, qing hai and tibet.

a few dogs against large number of wolves etc.

they would die for their owner.

they were almost extinct during cultural revolution.

they were "eliminated" as the 4 olds.

--

AJM
02-29-2008, 09:03 AM
Sad. So was my Shifu.

SPJ
02-29-2008, 09:03 AM
some tibetan friends asked me if I am interested in bring them over to southern california.

I sadly said, the desert like weather here is no good for them

they like to stay cool.

they are affraid of heat or dun like heat.

--

:(

SPJ
02-29-2008, 08:49 PM
http://www.tibetanmastiff.org/HTMLfiles/Breedfacts/briefhistory.htm

some info about them.

:)

GunnedDownAtrocity
03-01-2008, 12:51 PM
some tibetan friends asked me if I am interested in bring them over to southern california.

I sadly said, the desert like weather here is no good for them

they like to stay cool.

they are affraid of heat or dun like heat.

--

:(

this is something i know little about, but st. bernards and huskys seem to adapt to warmer climets pretty well.

golden arhat
03-06-2008, 02:14 PM
its good that someone is taking care of them

left astray they would almost certainly be picked up and skinned for their fur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14L9otvV0-U

David Jamieson
03-07-2008, 08:36 AM
people are always willing to look outside their own circumstances and complain about stuff, but when asked to reflect upon themselves, there is a loyt of silence.

having said that, there are problems with animal abuse everywhere and trent reznor b-it-ch-ing about china is more of the same stupidity in my opinion.

If our society can't get a handle on the abuses by our own corporations and we as a society continue to support the likes of corporations that in turn support factory farming, then we should just stfu about china and how it eats what we call pets.

In china, cats and dogs are not pets like they are here in the land of plenty. heck, my wife and i sponsor children in Africa and we are always asked that when we write them, we do not describe our pets because they live better than the people we sponsir for the most part.

all too often we attach emotional dross to siginificant news based on our own tiny and myopic world views. this doesn't excuse the activities that are taking place wherever, but the ultimate truth is "clean up your own stuff before you point at others".

This principle could apply to this forum as well in my opinion. :)

Seppukku
03-08-2008, 12:31 PM
people are always willing to look outside their own circumstances and complain about stuff, but when asked to reflect upon themselves, there is a loyt of silence.

having said that, there are problems with animal abuse everywhere and trent reznor b-it-ch-ing about china is more of the same stupidity in my opinion.

If our society can't get a handle on the abuses by our own corporations and we as a society continue to support the likes of corporations that in turn support factory farming, then we should just stfu about china and how it eats what we call pets.

In china, cats and dogs are not pets like they are here in the land of plenty. heck, my wife and i sponsor children in Africa and we are always asked that when we write them, we do not describe our pets because they live better than the people we sponsir for the most part.

all too often we attach emotional dross to siginificant news based on our own tiny and myopic world views. this doesn't excuse the activities that are taking place wherever, but the ultimate truth is "clean up your own stuff before you point at others".

This principle could apply to this forum as well in my opinion. :)

Okay, but to change the subject to something that isn't just flat-out boring and mundane, I was reading KFM's online article about Stephen Chow's CJ7 movie, and found this quotation:

"The fight between the "space dog" and the "earth dog" is hilarious as well as his curious use of the gentle giant Maggie's qi striking power and the judo-karate expertise of Storm Dragon that performs for lollipops (the lollipop being an important reference for the blind girl candy saleswoman in KUNG FU HUSTLE). Finally, there is also the almost obligatory bend it much more like Beckham shot."

It was only a matter of time before the Chinese turned back to the Japanese arts.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a judo katana make its appearance in the movie.

kfman5F
03-08-2008, 01:01 PM
Seppukku,
You are only making yourself look bad by constantly putting down other arts and people. You are very narrow minded. Being a sneaky Ninja in today's society is not very honorable. The art itself is good, like most other arts, without the sneaky stuff. I guess you walk down the street with your mask on or maybe you are a burglar at night breaking and entering. You only deal with self gratification because you must be very insecure. People who constantly put others down is a way to make themselves feel better for their own shortcomings. You should grow up and see the good in all arts. Japanese arts is not any better or worse than any other. It is the individula.

kfman5F
03-08-2008, 01:03 PM
For all others reading this, sorry for the typo..."individual".. I'm sure Seppukku would find fault with a typo as well.

David Jamieson
03-09-2008, 06:43 AM
kfman5f-

you need to understand what is a troll, what is an antagonist etc. Seppukku (amongst other accounts) is here to play devils advocate and in general muddy the waters and sully the soup.

that is his contribution.

Also, this forum is notoriously poorly moderated and dogpiled by leg-humpers on a regular basis. It has been left to the dogs.

So, you have to shovel a lot of snow to get to the cabin, but lately, there is little of informative value about anything on the main forum and there hasn't been for a couple fo years barring and announcement or two and an occasional post. Sorta like bullshido, but a little better. :)

just lettin ya know

SPJ
03-09-2008, 07:41 AM
I happened to have some tibetan friends.

and I like the story and the "value" of canine companionships with human thru out history and culture.

let us turn the thread around,

what would be your description, criteria of a true human warrior?

such as samurai in Japan.

musketeer in France.

Jin Yi Wei or imperial guard in Ming China.

green berets etc etc.

:D;)

SPJ
03-09-2008, 07:43 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musketeer

:):D

SPJ
03-10-2008, 08:04 AM
just read a story from Taiwan.

an akita mixed dog saved the daughter in Ping Dong.

there was a sedan speeding toward a girl that was playing on the street.

at the last moment, the dog jumped in front of the car,

it was hit by car but the girl was saved.

it was treated in veterinary hospital in Ping Dong science and engineer univsersity.

and then transferred to Chung Hsing university for MRI.

--

SPJ
03-22-2008, 09:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f97K0_f9HWY

a tibetan mastiff in taipei, taiwan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AlKYrl9_2s&feature=related

some puppies bred in taiwan.

:D

SPJ
03-22-2008, 10:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XowbEP7phog&feature=related

more and more people in tibet, taiwan and china

keep tibetan mastiff as a home pet.

they still need moderate exercise to stay healthy.

there are many colors,

they may live 16 or even 20 years old.

it is important to interact positively with them when they are puppies.

the link is an interview on pet channel in china.

unkokusai
03-22-2008, 10:44 PM
In china, cats and dogs are not pets like they are here in the land of plenty.

Loads of people in China keep dogs and cats as pets. Don't be stupid.

unkokusai
03-22-2008, 10:46 PM
There is a Tibetan Mastiff my dog always plays with at the park. Very nice dog.