PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Self Defense on March 8 (Free Lesson )

javem
03-01-2008, 11:40 PM

做妳自己的“護花使者”
Be the master of yourself !

Hello, dear friends(esp. ladies)!

A big day is coming.How will you pass your special holiday?

There will be a Self Defence Lesson prepared expressly for you,it's a chance to discover the power in your slim body as well as to get into the magic world of Chinese Kungfu!

Come on! Rise to the occasion and be the master of yourself with Chinese Kungfu. All ladies will be admitted free.

Gentlemen are welcome too for sure ;)

時間:三·八 婦女節 下午3:00~4:30
TIME: Women's Day on March 8, 3:00~4:30pm

女士免費入場
All ladies admitted free.

Reserve and Ask for more: 13401005512 javem
or visit www.5ikungfu.com (http://www.5ikungfu.com)

地址:北京海淀区,五道口,王庄路5号。
ADDRESS: No.5 , Wangzhuang Road , Wudaokou , Beijing , China.

轨道·Subway:
地铁13号线 五道口站 出站 成府路向东2分钟,王庄路向北5分钟。
Line 13 , Wudaokou Station.
Directions: From the Wudaokou Subway Station, walk down Chengfu Road to the east for about 2 minutes and turn north on Wangzhuang Road. 5 more minutes of walking and you're there!

详细地图如下·MAP:

Seppukku
03-02-2008, 12:37 PM

做妳自己的“護花使者”
Be the master of yourself !

Hello, dear friends(esp. ladies)!

A big day is coming.How will you pass your special holiday?

There will be a Self Defence Lesson prepared expressly for you,it's a chance to discover the power in your slim body as well as to get into the magic world of Chinese Kungfu!

Come on! Rise to the occasion and be the master of yourself with Chinese Kungfu. All ladies will be admitted free.

Gentlemen are welcome too for sure ;)

時間:三·八 婦女節 下午3:00~4:30
TIME: Women's Day on March 8, 3:00~4:30pm

女士免費入場
All ladies admitted free.

Reserve and Ask for more: 13401005512 javem
or visit www.5ikungfu.com (http://www.5ikungfu.com)

地址:北京海淀区,五道口,王庄路5号。
ADDRESS: No.5 , Wangzhuang Road , Wudaokou , Beijing , China.

轨道·Subway:
地铁13号线 五道口站 出站 成府路向东2分钟,王庄路向北5分钟。
Line 13 , Wudaokou Station.
Directions: From the Wudaokou Subway Station, walk down Chengfu Road to the east for about 2 minutes and turn north on Wangzhuang Road. 5 more minutes of walking and you're there!

详细地图如下·MAP:

How much are drinks? And, what is the dress code? Casual? Business casual?

When's last call?

javem
03-02-2008, 10:07 PM
How much are drinks? And, what is the dress code? Casual? Business casual?

When's last call?

It'll be a trial lesson for ladies. Nothing you must pay for. Any reservations will be welcome and accepted before 3:00pm, on march 8.

javem
03-05-2008, 12:04 AM
課程概述:圍繞女子防身朮的主題,提供傳統和現代兩种解決方案。
Course Overview: For centering on the theme “Ladies Self Defence”, we provide traditional solution and modern solution to fit you all.

Discover More Here: (http://www.enjoybeijing.cn/beijing/www/14/2008-03/62.html)
http://www.enjoybeijing.cn/beijing/www/14/2008-03/62.html

SevenStar
03-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Why differentiate between women's and men's self defense? What would you teach a woman that you would not also teach a guy and vice versa?

冠木侍
03-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Why differentiate between women's and men's self defense? What would you teach a woman that you would not also teach a guy and vice versa?

If it is just for ladies, then I'm guessing rape prevention or defense against sexual predators. Yes, it doesn't just happen to just women (for any wiseguy who was thinking of trolling).

In any case, we await a response from said topic starter. Or better yet, a woman's POV would definitely add to this conversation.

SevenStar
03-18-2008, 08:41 AM
If it is just for ladies, then I'm guessing rape prevention or defense against sexual predators. Yes, it doesn't just happen to just women (for any wiseguy who was thinking of trolling).

In any case, we await a response from said topic starter. Or better yet, a woman's POV would definitely add to this conversation.

right, but the techniques are the same. The only thing (if any) that would really differ is the discussion on awareness, how not to get into the situation, what to look for, etc. Judo and BJJ both fit into that space really well. The women's seminars I taught (it was a women only gym that called us) was all judo based. They loved it.

zapruder_bjj
03-18-2008, 11:31 PM
right, but the techniques are the same. The only thing (if any) that would really differ is the discussion on awareness, how not to get into the situation, what to look for, etc. Judo and BJJ both fit into that space really well. The women's seminars I taught (it was a women only gym that called us) was all judo based. They loved it.

The guard is the position the attacker is going to attempt to obtain!so bjj and judo work great for that worst case scenario.

冠木侍
03-19-2008, 06:40 PM

What you say makes a lot of sense and you experience with it is def a plus. BJJ i can see because there are techniques to fight off someone who has mounted you, which would be a common thing to learn...man or woman. Judo is fun and grappling is an interesting learning experience.

I can only venture a guess as to why women's self defense....

Throughout history, in other countries and in the US, woman have had a different experience than men. The way they were (are) treated, judged based solely on their gender would probably tend to make them have a different view of the world (compared to their counterparts). Issues regarding equality, voting, feminism, job advancement and evaluation, sexual harassment (yeah, guys get that as well) and the like are a part of their history.

Just some thoughts that I strung together.

With that being said, the basic principles of self defense would probably be the same. Punching, kicking, groin shots...etc. However, there may be minor differences regarding things like awareness of specific things or forshadowing of possible trouble specific to a woman's situation. Those I would like to know.

Like i said, I don't know the intention that Javem had for posting this. It could be very possible he's just out to pick up women.

Afterthought...A good deterent for attacks against women...they could wear a sign announcing that it is that time of the month....

Sorry. :eek:

SevenStar
03-19-2008, 10:26 PM
ever heard of red wings?

onehawaiian
03-19-2008, 10:27 PM
defense against the *****/pimp slap... :p

f'real tho, you gotta make the women feel comfortable enough to attend.
if it's a "men's defense" class some women may feel intimidated.
throw in "it's for women" and all of a sudden you've got loads of female customers

冠木侍
03-20-2008, 10:53 PM
ever heard of red wings?

I actually wasn't referring to that...interesting response though.

PMS seems to give women superhuman strength, which is what I was thinking about when I posted.