PDA

View Full Version : Qi Gong and the weather?

phoenix-eye
10-05-2001, 02:21 AM
I was told that you shouldn't practice Qi Gong if there is any likelihood of thunder and lightning.

My first thought was "B0llocks!".

Then I thought about it a bit more - thunder/lightning = storage and release of large quantities of energy.

Qi Gong = storage and release of energy

Maybe there's something in this - what do you think?

Are there other weather conditions that might affect Qi Gong?

"We had a thing to settle so I did him"
Tamai, 43, was quoted by Police as saying.

Nexus
10-05-2001, 04:03 AM
I think that you are thinking about it too much. Maybe you should try practicing qi gong during thunder and lightning, and tell us what happens.

What if for instance, your qi gong class, which is once a week, which is taught by the "great taiji master" is during a thunder/lightning storm. Would you decide not to go, or do you think once you arrived your teacher would tell you, "Go home, the weather does not permit qi gong today."

:P

- Nexus

Xebsball
10-05-2001, 07:15 AM
I heard that when there is lightning, there is too much Yang energy.

Since in Qigong you have to balance the energies, too much Yang can be harmful.

-------------------------
"Faltou luz mas era Dia, o Sol invadiu a sala. Fez da tv um espelho, refletindo o que a gente esquecia."

phoenix-eye
10-06-2001, 01:52 AM
Nexus

I'm not thinking too much about it at all (as we don't get a lot of thunder and lightning and I don't do an awful lot of Qi Gong at the moment).

It was just something I was told and was a bit curious about.

I like these odd bits of information that crop up now and again.

"We had a thing to settle so I did him"
Tamai, 43, was quoted by Police as saying.

Nexus
10-06-2001, 03:08 AM
While doing Qi gong you are struck by a bolt of lightning from the sky. Instantly, you are a taiji master :)

- Nexus

buddhistfist
10-09-2001, 05:44 AM
I have also heard it is bad to practice qigong in the rain and by stagnant water,ie. lakes,ponds, etc. The ideal place is under trees and by running water(river,waterfall)on a sunny day with no inclement weather

kungfu cowboy
10-09-2001, 09:39 AM
No, no, I think that has to do with vampires.

Pointy
10-09-2001, 11:51 AM
So that's why we have all those stake techniques and we use holy jow.

"Pain is only natures way of telling you're in terrible agony"