PDA

View Full Version : My CLF Sihang

extrajoseph
03-03-2008, 11:02 AM
My Sihang Howard Choy, whom I have not seen for many years, managed to combine CLF with Taijiquan in a unique way, just saw him on Youtube and caught up with him last weekend. He is worth watching, especially how he in-corporated the Lap Sow in the Taiji form.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIb59GTiF1s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4pWv-sj96Q&feature=related

diego
03-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Thank you for sharing Joseph:), I'd love to see more.

James

JAZA
03-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the link Joseph.

I think his Tai Ji is very Chen, everything directed from the Dan Tien. But don't know how different from the popular Yang line is Yang Shou Chung Tai Ji. Were you sihings under Yang Shou chung too?

Take a look at this Ching Jong vid with Sifu Mark Whelan too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky70E88tFrU

extrajoseph
03-03-2008, 10:05 PM
Choy Sifu studied with Yang Sou-Chung. He also studied CLF with Wong Ying-Sum and that was where we met. I knew of Mak Wai-Lum, he is one of Chan Wing-Fat's best students.

CLFNole
03-04-2008, 09:29 AM
XJ, I thought Sifu Choy studied with Li Iu Ling? That is where I thought you might have met. Pure speculation of course but that is what I thought for some reason. I have never heard of Wong Ying-Sum could you provide us with some insight (history/background)?

extrajoseph
03-04-2008, 11:37 AM
He did studied with Li but also for a very short time in HK with Wong, who was a student of Chan Yiu-Chi as well. My father was a contemporary of them, so they are my sisuks.

hskwarrior
03-04-2008, 11:48 AM
is the late Li Iu Ling your father joseph?

extrajoseph
03-04-2008, 11:54 AM
No, he is my sisuk. He left China long before my father did. I am not sure he has any children. My name is not that difficult to work out if you know Chinerse. :D

hskwarrior
03-04-2008, 11:58 AM
sorry, i know some chinese.....but i don't know chinerse:D

how's it going joseph? how was your chinese new year?

CLFNole
03-04-2008, 12:54 PM
XJ isn't extra - dau di (as in more or additional).

extrajoseph
03-04-2008, 12:57 PM
sorry, i know some chinese.....but i don't know chinerse:D

how's it going joseph? how was your chinese new year?

I put on 4 kg from eating during the CNY and now I am still on a diet to get back to normal.:D

extrajoseph
03-04-2008, 12:59 PM
XJ isn't extra - dau di (as in more or additional).

For good luck (extra left over for the new year) the Chinese always have it for the CNY's meal. Ask your wife.

CLFNole
03-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Law bat go?

extrajoseph
03-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Law bat go?

:D:D:D:D:D

Eddie
03-05-2008, 02:23 AM
My name is not that difficult to work out if you know Chinerse. :D

Been wondering about this for many eyars now, even spoke to CLFNole abotu it when I went to the usa two years back.

I dont know cantonese but im ok with mandarin. I've always thought this is your last name - 余 (Yu) as I actualyl have a friend with the same last name :cool:

Am I close?

If not, my only other guess would be Ling or maybe Hsu

:D

extrajoseph
03-05-2008, 02:02 PM
So close you caught the fish (yu)!

Eddie
03-06-2008, 01:15 AM
hehe. ;)

Out of all the people on this forum I really think it would be very cool to actually meet you in person. Think it would be awsome to actually chat to someone like you.

Well, there are a few people on here that i wouldnt mind meeting.

extrajoseph
03-06-2008, 01:27 AM
That is what wemen do to us, the more mysterious they are, the more we want to meet them.

Most of the time, it turns out to be disappointing.

So I am going to keep up the mystery, I hate disappointments!

:D

Eddie
03-06-2008, 01:44 AM
actually you are right there. :rolleyes:

The mystery thing has worked so far. Rather dont mess it up now.

hskwarrior
03-06-2008, 10:51 AM
you guys ain't gonna kiss are you? this is a little wierd.......just kidding.

Eddie
03-06-2008, 12:17 PM
I'm from Joburg not San Franscisco :rolleyes:

hskwarrior
03-06-2008, 12:18 PM
i heard the only things that come from Joburg are steers and queers.....LOL.

how ya doing eddie?

Eddie
03-07-2008, 12:32 AM
steers queers and criminals it seems.
alls well, things in SA are looking really bleek at the moment. Theres this beeeeg uproar about racism now (basically going both ways), from some recent events, and everything down here are in a complete mess. Honestly, I think give it another year and we might have a civil war …. Or mass genocide or something bad like that.

Was watching a program on Travel Channel about San Franscisco on Monday night. Seems so **** nice to live there now. If only your country wasn’t so strict on immigration, I’d be there in a flash.

How are you doing sir? training going well?

hskwarrior
03-07-2008, 02:04 PM
training is going well. i cut most of my students execpt for Iron Ox. he's the only one showing the most potential.

Iron Ox keeps me on my toes though. He's so dahm big and strong that he can send me flying. But I won't let that happen ;)

Sifu has been visiting us out at the park too, which is great.

although i'm in the process of finishing my first book, i'm working on a 3 part series of fighting with Choy Lee Fut. it's basic, very general and to the point. It includes all the mindsets and theories and so forth as passed down starting with Lau Bun.

I do feel that the market need more CLF books out there. new and fresh ones.

gwa sow
03-07-2008, 02:05 PM
hmmm student visa to come train?????:) wonder if that works for kung fu. you run a school over there so you need to come and update, certify whatever???:confused::confused:

Eddie
03-08-2008, 01:23 AM
I meant immigration visa to come live there.
I still have a holiday visa thats valid till 2014, so im ok for a few years still.
Lats year I used my savings to go to China with the SA team to the WWC in beijing, hence me not comming to the usa. Maybe next year tho.

money is tight at the moment, but I miss you guys allot.

Eddie(gwa sow), you need to get Facebook to keep in contact with us.

gwa sow
03-08-2008, 10:31 AM
yea, seems though any time i get to get on the computer i'm here or gaming(world of warcraft is a bad thing lol). i would imagine there would be a way to get residency if you were to establish yourself and show proof that you were contributing to society. but the laws here have changed recently i believe. i have some relatives on the west coast of florida which are in an area which has a high poulation of people who are in not so legal status and always are looking for loopholes to get legal. seems like as soon as people figure a way it doesnt take to long for someone to come up and find out how they did.

CLFNole
03-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Eddie it might be easier for you considering the political unrest in your home country. That could have some influence. It is not like you would be coming off a plane from Iran or something. :D

Eddie
03-09-2008, 03:18 AM
yeah the politcs sux here. Im busy working on a plan, but we will see.

our countrys presidential elections works differently to that of the USA. Here we have a ruling party thats an organisation. The Party chooses a new president and that president then becomes the president of the country once that party wins. So unless you are in the executive of the party, you have no say in who the president will be.

They had their presidential elections recently, and chose a new president for the party. Which pretty much means that the president of the country is no longer the president of the party (until election time next year).

Well, the new president….

He is currently up on fraud charges. While back he was up for sexual assault, and was described as having a general corrupt relationship with some hardcore businessmen. Also, our Police Chief commissioner, is currently under investigation for being involved in a major drug running cartel, all of which was alleged to have been known to some major players.

Anyways, so our National Elections are next year march. There is no doubt that the ruling party will still win the race, as this is one thing that is always sure in Africa. The new president to be, is very much anti everything, and has even been asked in a recent BBC news interview whether or not he is corrupt. His answer was simply something like ‘ show me a dictionary to tell me what the word crook mean, and maybe ill answer your question”.

Either way, things look pretty bleak down here. This place is run by completely different rules than any other continent on earth. Crime rate is high, everything is up, and life is pretty much getting more difficult by the day.

Anyways, Im sure no one really wants to hear about how bad things in Africa are. Im making my plans to leave soon, lets just hope it will work out. My wife may be able to claim German ancestral visa as her grandfather was born and raised in Deutchland, but there seem to be some technical glitches still.

Hold thumbs for me.