PDA

View Full Version : Ip Man Video

diego
03-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Does anyone have a link to video footage of Grand Master Ip Man?.

http://ca.youtube.com/user/holyevil

"The Master Yip Man's wooden dummy video has been removed by youtube, because of a copyright infringement complain by.. you guess it Master's Leung Ting

Dear Member:

This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by Great Grand Master Leung Ting claiming that this material is infringing:

Wing Chun - Yip Man Wooden Dummy Form: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =d455WmUngZE

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to avoid future strikes against your account, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide."

Phil Redmond
03-05-2008, 01:49 PM
Those clips are easy to find in many places on the web. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjwVDmmAJBM

diego
03-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Those clips are easy to find in many places on the web. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjwVDmmAJBM
not if the good doctor has his way:D Thanks man, I appreciate it...searched for twenty minutes with no luck.

Sifu MASS
03-06-2008, 05:46 AM
Why did Leung Ting complain, The copyright on those videos belongs to Ip Ching's wife. At least that is who Ip Man gave them to.

-Tony Massengill

diego
03-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Why did Leung Ting complain, The copyright on those videos belongs to Ip Ching's wife. At least that is who Ip Man gave them to.

-Tony Massengill

in yip man's wooden dummy book published by leun ting it says Ip didn't want to show the public his style, but people were claiming wing chun and adding things, so he filmed his set and took his pictures in order to prove what is what...

glad I got to see the video without paying millions of dollars:)

diego
03-06-2008, 01:37 PM
Hello Phil, you wouldn't happen to know where I can download clips of Yip Man's weapons would you?...I only found a five second clip of the dragon pole:(

Phil Redmond
03-06-2008, 04:03 PM
I have lots of stuff on Yip Man. I'll check. If I find something else online I'll download it and send it to you. PM me an email addy.

taiwan8me
03-08-2008, 08:20 AM
I currently am a student of Yip man's nephew in Taiwan, Lo Man Kam, and I learned that Yip man was really sick at the time of those videos, they are a poor version of what Yip man was really able to do and they are edited as well with parts missing lol. His nephew and oldest surviving student, (Lo Man Kam) started training 10 years before YIp mans own children started training, has been teaching Yip mans true style with his own 60 years of improvements ever since.

So with the video's they are not Yip man's best, but it is still good that they alive and well on the net.

Matrix
03-08-2008, 09:28 AM
... I learned that Yip man was really sick at the time of those videos, they are a poor version of what Yip man was really able to do and they are edited as well with parts missing lol. I think this is pretty much common knowledge amongst Wing Chun practitioners.
Cheers,
Bill

taiwan8me
03-08-2008, 08:12 PM
I have learned in the past couple of days that there is a lot of info here and I think it best if I look and read before I post again lol.

Thanks for the gentle chiding Bill!:o

Live and Learn lol

Wingchun4ever

Matrix
03-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the gentle chiding Bill!:o

Live and Learn lol

Wingchun4everSorry, I didn't really mean for it to be a chiding. I just wanted to let you know that the information was out there. As you noted, this group is well informed, but there is a lot we don't know - I'm sure of that. Don't hesitate to speak your mind. Just know that others may challenge your point of view, but that's half the fun. ;)

Cheers,
Bill

tjwingchun
03-10-2008, 04:09 AM
in yip man's wooden dummy book published by leun ting it says Ip didn't want to show the public his style, but people were claiming wing chun and adding things, so he filmed his set and took his pictures in order to prove what is what...

glad I got to see the video without paying millions of dollars:)

The Dummy book was written by Yip Chun though Leung Ting helped getting it published and had his name put on the front as "Technical Advisor", as Yip Chun does not read or speak English he had no idea until after it was published what it said on the cover.

The book follows the edited version both YC and his brother decided to sell to Leung Ting for his video and Big Red Book, they did this to prevent people claiming to be taught the dummy by Yip Man when they had not been, it still amuses me how people follow the mixed up 7th and 8th sections while claiming it is true the Yip Man version.

In that video LT claims to be the "one and only" posessor of the video footage, LT also edited Yip Man performing the opening of SLT to fit in with the way he teaches it by first crossing the hands high, then low, you can see it is a reversal of the original of Yip Man doing the form.

Also in the original of Yip Man doing the dummy, you see no breaks in the form, unlike the LT version which he claims is because of "poor quality" 8mm film.

History is such that in time the truth comes out and those who rely on the ignorance of the masses get found out, Wing Chun in the ´70´s ´was full of those claiming many things and because at that time it was still known only to few, they got away with the lies.

Today it is much more difficult for those who rely on falsehood and especially when there are forums like this one with respected, knowledgable practitioners available to ask questions and get honest answers.

diego
03-10-2008, 04:51 AM
The Dummy book was written by Yip Chun though Leung Ting helped getting it published and had his name put on the front as "Technical Advisor", as Yip Chun does not read or speak English he had no idea until after it was published what it said on the cover.

The book follows the edited version both YC and his brother decided to sell to Leung Ting for his video and Big Red Book, they did this to prevent people claiming to be taught the dummy by Yip Man when they had not been, it still amuses me how people follow the mixed up 7th and 8th sections while claiming it is true the Yip Man version.

In that video LT claims to be the "one and only" posessor of the video footage, LT also edited Yip Man performing the opening of SLT to fit in with the way he teaches it by first crossing the hands high, then low, you can see it is a reversal of the original of Yip Man doing the form.

Also in the original of Yip Man doing the dummy, you see no breaks in the form, unlike the LT version which he claims is because of "poor quality" 8mm film.

History is such that in time the truth comes out and those who rely on the ignorance of the masses get found out, Wing Chun in the ´70´s ´was full of those claiming many things and because at that time it was still known only to few, they got away with the lies.

Today it is much more difficult for those who rely on falsehood and especially when there are forums like this one with respected, knowledgable practitioners available to ask questions and get honest answers.
:) Thanks for the info, I've been a fan of Wing Chun since I was around 15 years old...any info on that Drunken style book LT put out?.

James

tjwingchun
03-10-2008, 05:14 AM
:) Thanks for the info, I've been a fan of Wing Chun since I was around 15 years old...any info on that Drunken style book LT put out?.

James
I have no information on that sorry I only talk about what I DO know, though I am known as a Drunken Wing Chun Master :eek::D:confused:

I started Wing Chun in 1974 at the age of 14 and I continue learning every day I teach.

Enjoy your Wing Chun as it was meant to be, real, but don´t forget to have fun also. :D

couch
03-10-2008, 05:30 AM

James

While some might be able to get it to work, I personally didn't like the applications or learning the drunken form from that book. Although the photos were pretty well in sequence, there did seem to be a few gaps here and there.

Again, to each their own, but I feel that Drunken Style Kung-Fu is a demonstration kung-fu and the apps in the book wouldn't work. Maybe it's just my "direct" Wing Chun mind talking! Consequently, I no longer have the book.

Best,
Kenton

tjwingchun
03-10-2008, 05:34 AM
Again, to each their own, but I feel that Drunken Style Kung-Fu is a demonstration kung-fu and the apps in the book wouldn't work. Maybe it's just my "direct" Wing Chun mind talking! Consequently, I no longer have the book.

I no longer get drunk :D:D:D