PDA

View Full Version : why is it my dog hates black people for no reason :S ???

golden arhat
03-10-2008, 10:26 AM
i totally dont get it

we havent directed him in such a way
he just sees a blackguy and starts barking incessently until he goes away and tries to attack if he has tyhe opourtunity

to no other group of people does he act like that

:confused:

anybody got any ideas ??

Eddie
03-10-2008, 10:28 AM
is your dog a south african boerbull?

golden arhat
03-10-2008, 10:35 AM
is your dog a south african boerbull?

haha nar man but those things are scary hahah

maybe you should take my dog he'd be of more use to you! haha

MasterKiller
03-10-2008, 10:42 AM
This is common. Probably why most black people are afraid of dogs.

SanHeChuan
03-10-2008, 10:47 AM
My guess would be fear. If you show fear, the dog thinks you have something to be afraid about and acts his part. More often than white people, black people develop a fear of dogs as children that carries over into adulthood. Not surprising since the favorite dog among black and even Mexican minorities is the most dangerous, Pittbull.

Your dog is not a racists, he is just reacting to the cues provided to him, maybe those cues are provided by you. :eek:

Eddie
03-10-2008, 10:48 AM
but i always thought that dogs dont see colour.

saying that most black people are affriad of dogs are ... erm lest just say you havent been to Joburg have you ;)

MasterKiller
03-10-2008, 10:53 AM
saying that most black people are affriad of dogs are ... erm lest just say you havent been to Joburg have you ;)

OK. Most black people in the Midwest and Southern U.S. are afraid of dogs. At least that's my experience. I have a neighbor whose 9 year-old boy cries when he sees my weenie dog.

Lucas
03-10-2008, 10:54 AM
haha, you have a weenie dog

Nebuchadnezzar
03-10-2008, 10:55 AM
This is common. Probably why most black people are afraid of dogs.

So, you know this how? I don't know anyone who's afraid of dogs. I know people who don't like dogs but to make this statement.......

Eddie
03-10-2008, 10:57 AM
dogs take after their owners. ;)

but i think you may have a point there.

im pretty scared of dogs too.

MasterKiller
03-10-2008, 11:00 AM
So, you know this how? I don't know anyone who's afraid of dogs. I know people who don't like dogs but to make this statement.......

That's my experience.

I had black friends that would not come to my apartment because of my lab pup.

When she rides in the back of my truck, a lot of black people walk WAY around my truck, and other people don't. One black guy even got in his car from the passenger side back door, then crawled to the driver's seat, to avoid walking by my truck when she was in it.

A lot of black kids in this area will run and cry from any dog, even non-threatening ones (see my weenie dog remark above).

I'm not saying every black person is, but in Oklahoma, Texas, et. al, it's pretty common.

I dated tons of black chicks, and most of them did not like me having dogs.

golden arhat
03-10-2008, 11:14 AM
My guess would be fear. If you show fear, the dog thinks you have something to be afraid about and acts his part. More often than white people, black people develop a fear of dogs as children that carries over into adulthood. Not surprising since the favorite dog among black and even Mexican minorities is the most dangerous, Pittbull.

Your dog is not a racists, he is just reacting to the cues provided to him, maybe those cues are provided by you. :eek:

wait are you saying i'm a racist ?

Eddie
03-10-2008, 11:20 AM
it wouldnt be new to have a racist englishman on a forum would it? :rolleyes:

and then you have roots in South Africa too.

You're one evil person

golden arhat
03-10-2008, 11:20 AM
yeah here in the uk ive found most black people to be not afraid of dogs

however the local pakistani and bangladeshi muslim community are literally petrified of dogs, one guy actually got down on his hands and knees and prayed to god to save his life as me and my bloodhound walked past him on the street ! which was promptly followed by cries of "allah akhbar" (god is great) that he let him live!

guess it just depends on the area

previously my dogs owner was a big black guy so i dont think its to do with their colour

it might be due to my mum whos south african and generally prejudiced against black people in general

meh i just hope i can get this behaviousr our of him before he mauls some poor guy

SanHeChuan
03-10-2008, 11:22 AM
wait are you saying i'm a racist ?

possibly but not necessarily.

Being uncomfortable does not equal hate.

golden arhat
03-10-2008, 11:22 AM
it wouldnt be new to have a racist englishman on a forum would it? :rolleyes:

and then you have roots in South Africa too.

You're one evil person

lolzzzzzzz

BruceSteveRoy
03-10-2008, 11:24 AM
i had a friend in philly that lived in a predominantly aferican american part of the city and when he would walk his dog on the sidewalk it was like parting the red sea. the majority (of course not all) of the african american people would press them selves up against buildings, walk in the street, etc. trying to get away form the thing. but in that neighborhood (it was rumored) there was a lot of dgo fighting so it makes sense to be wary. white people that would see im with his dog almost always tried to pet it and talk in baby talk to it. i don't get that. but it reminds me of this hilarious cartoon:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/cat_proximity.png

except with dogs instead of cats.

golden arhat
03-10-2008, 11:24 AM

yeah thats probably my mums doing

i have quite a few black friends, but my mum definitley knows how to get her hate on

takes more than the colour of someones skin to make me feel uncomfortable

Eddie
03-10-2008, 11:29 AM
careful now. are you implying that all south africans are racists? :eek:

We might just be more race concious than most others. :cool:

SPJ
03-10-2008, 11:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND_LmupGxa0&feature=related

we always like to think b/c we love dogs and dogs love us back.

personally,

I am also a cat lover and big cat fan/admirer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Hgi3EqF_j0

:D

Mike Sheng
03-10-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm sorry thought this was a forum about Martial arts not about racist dogs:cool:

SanHeChuan
03-10-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm sorry thought this was a forum about Martial arts not about racist dogs

It is a forum for Martial artists, but not necessarily about Martial arts so I can see where you got confused.

BruceSteveRoy
03-10-2008, 12:33 PM
I'm sorry thought this was a forum about Martial arts not about racist dogs:cool:

this is the general discussion /OT section of the forum. if you don't like discussing things that aren't MA related than don't read the thread. or better yet stay in the part of the forum that just suits your style. personally i think you should just be thankful this isn't a thread about one of RD's women.

and i know this :cool: says :c00l: but it isn't. it could just as easily say :smug:

bodhitree
03-10-2008, 12:48 PM

Then **** off newbie

bodhitree
03-10-2008, 12:58 PM
ok, sorry for the harsh words, but how do you get off being critical on what we've been doing for years when you've been here a whopping total of < 2 months.

sorry for the harsh language.

SevenStar
03-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Let me clear this up. the dog is afraid of black people because of our manhood. He senses our huge schlong and thinks we are actually carrying a weapon that can do both him and his master harm.

I thought everyone knew that. :eek:

BruceSteveRoy
03-10-2008, 01:17 PM
7* i think you might win poster of the month for that one.

MasterKiller
03-10-2008, 01:40 PM
7* wins this thread by reach-around 2:52 RD 1.

Becca
03-10-2008, 01:51 PM
That's my experience.

I had black friends that would not come to my apartment because of my lab pup.

When she rides in the back of my truck, a lot of black people walk WAY around my truck, and other people don't. One black guy even got in his car from the passenger side back door, then crawled to the driver's seat, to avoid walking by my truck when she was in it.

A lot of black kids in this area will run and cry from any dog, even non-threatening ones (see my weenie dog remark above).

I'm not saying every black person is, but in Oklahoma, Texas, et. al, it's pretty common.

I dated tons of black chicks, and most of them did not like me having dogs.
Around here, it's hispanics who are less likely to like dogs. Not all, just some. I think that has to do with the image the parents pass on to thier kids, and in Mexico, dogs are not generally treated with respect, not in the citys anyways. They are for sport, for status, or for work. Most Mexicans don't own dogs if they don't have money, and probably only come in contact with dangerous dogs because of that. So dogs become a bite looking for a place to happen. Then they teach thier kids that dogs are just bites looking for a place to happen.

lkfmdc
03-10-2008, 01:59 PM
Having recently rehabilitated an abused and abandoned dog, and having had to educate myself on the subject of dog behavior, I'd say that the earlier post about FEAR is right on.

bakxierboxer
03-10-2008, 04:51 PM
Let me clear this up. the dog is afraid of black people because of our manhood. He senses our huge schlong and thinks we are actually carrying a weapon that can do both him and his master harm.

Sooo.... lemme get this right.
A huge schlong (on "black people" (probably males - see "manhood"))
is NOT THE SAME as a "+7 magic missile"?
("RIP GG thread post #29)

So, what IS it?
also:
Which is what?

Eddie
03-11-2008, 12:45 AM
[QUOTE=SevenStar;847176]Let me clear this up. the dog is afraid of black people because of our manhood. He senses our huge schlong and thinks we are actually carrying a weapon that can do both him and his master harm.

QUOTE]

wow. i didnt know you guys also used the word schlong! :eek: (its a germanic word for snake - in different dilects of course)

Drake
03-11-2008, 12:52 AM
What style does the dog study? Because if it's TCMA, then he has an incomplete system that cannot stand up in UFC competition. It's all showy silk uniforms.

If you disagree with me I shall spawn a thousand threads where I insult you and threaten to come to your gym.

You won't know when, either... I'll just...show up... :D

gwa sow
03-11-2008, 07:00 AM
i had a neighbor who had a japanese chin, little fuzzy anckle biter dog. he was friendly to everyon and didnt bark that much. only time he would bark and get upset was when the apartments maintnance man would go in the apartment. the maintenance man was asian. we always thought that was kinda ironic.

bakxierboxer
03-11-2008, 11:36 AM
wow. i didnt know you guys also used the word schlong! :eek: (its a germanic word for snake - in different dilects of course)

FYI, an occasionally heard "synonym" is: "trouser snake".

As for whatever 7* meant... I'm still waiting.

Phil Redmond
03-11-2008, 02:38 PM
[QUOTE=SevenStar;847176]Let me clear this up. the dog is afraid of black people because of our manhood. He senses our huge schlong and thinks we are actually carrying a weapon that can do both him and his master harm.

QUOTE]

Yup, we're a pretty diverse people. Heck, I speak Spanish and Chinese fluenlty. I know a little Greek and Arabic. I'm learning Hebrew now and I know a few Yiddish curses. ;)

Phil Redmond
03-11-2008, 02:42 PM

I just had to say Semper Fi.

lkfmdc
03-11-2008, 02:50 PM
I know a few Yiddish curses. ;)

The first one to learn is "trust me" :D

Phil Redmond
03-11-2008, 02:53 PM
The first one to learn is "trust me" :D

That's so wrong . . . :)

zapruder_bjj
03-11-2008, 03:00 PM
First let me ask a few questions. How often do you take your dog out in public where he/she may interact with any other races?

What breed is it?

Is it the same black person everytime? or is it a number of them your dog goes after?

Not surprising since the favorite dog among black and even Mexican minorities is the most dangerous, Pittbull. . :eek:

And now for you. That is one of the most ignorant things I have ever read on this forum...and Rudy posts here. Pitbulls do NOT have the strongest bite, their jaws do NOT lock, the do not high the highest bite rate OR mortality rate when biten, and in fact pitbulls were bred to NOT be human aggressive, as in that was a specific trait bred for when developing this breed. In fact here is a few facts in a happy little video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdY9Z5ub9xw

I am a little touchy as I just had to give my sweet little pitbull because my landlord is an ignorant fearful fool. All she ever did was wag a lick( EVEN HIM!!!!) but he said "one day she would snap just like they all do..." Just mind numbing at how some people just refuse to look at facts, and cling to their own beliefs in spite on the truth slapping them in the face.

Seppukku
03-11-2008, 03:03 PM
I have a neighbor whose 9 year-old boy cries when he sees my weenie dog.

You're sick.

I've reported you to Gene Ching and petitioned to get you in the "Busted Teachers" thread.

You, sir, disgust me.

If you're joking, that only makes it more disgusting.:mad:

golden arhat
03-11-2008, 04:45 PM
First let me ask a few questions. How often do you take your dog out in public where he/she may interact with any other races?

What breed is it?

Is it the same black person everytime? or is it a number of them your dog goes after?

And now for you. That is one of the most ignorant things I have ever read on this forum...and Rudy posts here. Pitbulls do NOT have the strongest bite, their jaws do NOT lock, the do not high the highest bite rate OR mortality rate when biten, and in fact pitbulls were bred to NOT be human aggressive, as in that was a specific trait bred for when developing this breed. In fact here is a few facts in a happy little video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdY9Z5ub9xw

I am a little touchy as I just had to give my sweet little pitbull because my landlord is an ignorant fearful fool. All she ever did was wag a lick( EVEN HIM!!!!) but he said "one day she would snap just like they all do..." Just mind numbing at how some people just refuse to look at facts, and cling to their own beliefs in spite on the truth slapping them in the face.

yeah its sad

my neighbors pit bulls are being taken away to be destroyed tomorrow jsut because he failed to register them, without taking into account that he just got the dog and rescued it from an owner who made it fight and its still the most gentle dog i ever met

BM2
03-11-2008, 08:56 PM
FYI, an occasionally heard "synonym" is: "trouser snake".

As for whatever 7* meant... I'm still waiting.

Did anyone else laugh when they read that? Not that there is anything wrong with it, I mean its a personal lifestyle choice and all... But still it was funny:D

BM2
03-11-2008, 09:22 PM
Twenty two years ago I bought a rottweiler. He was huge and weighed 80+ at eight months. The guy sold him cheap. As I was taking him away, I asked why he was selling him. He replied that he was scared of him as he had jumped up and growled when he had hit him across the muzzle with a metal dish. I thought " Oh ****z what did I just buy?"
That was the smartest dog I ever owned. I had over a thousand dollars in his training and this was in the '80s. I wanted to compete him in schutzhound (sp?) but was laid off and didn't finish due to the cost.
The trainer said when a person is mad or scared they give off a different scent. The dog doesn't know wether you are going to attack or not.
Oh yeah, my dog didn't growl or bark or have his hair raised up when I took him to his protection (attack) classes. He just would have the drool pouring out of his mouth knowing he was going to get a bite in. It would pool up between his front paws. It was like getting into a football game for him. He loved it.
He did watch people who were drunk , ( I lived in a bad area ) or were mental and didn't like them because of how they acted. My dog did bite a VW tire and put his canine fang through the side wall.
I knew a guy who fought pits until they made it a felony here. He went to several states with his dogs. He had said the same thing about pits, that they don't do all that growling and hair raising. They were confident and wasn't trying to scare the other dog.

Sang Feng Fan
03-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Dogs tend not to like Postman or UPS drivers and they also appear to be one dark color.

golden arhat
03-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Dogs tend not to like Postman or UPS drivers and they also appear to be one dark color.

he generally hates anyone that comes in my front yard aswell haha

BlueTravesty
03-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Ok, this is the first time I've heard any of this stuff about African Americans and dogs. I've known lots of African Americans and Hispanic Americans who have dogs. Maybe I just never thought about it? Or maybe it's a regional thing?

BM2
03-13-2008, 05:40 AM
I know that in the Yucatan, there were many families that had dogs, they were even walking around the museum at Chichen Itza.
The guide said the Maya were superstitious and believed that spirits lived in the jungle. The dogs protected them from the spirits when they travelled through the jungle.

Becca
03-13-2008, 07:00 AM
Ok, this is the first time I've heard any of this stuff about African Americans and dogs. I've known lots of African Americans and Hispanic Americans who have dogs. Maybe I just never thought about it? Or maybe it's a regional thing?
I think maybe regional. I know plenty hispanic people who are good with dogs. I know others who tease the sh!t out of dogs who are behind a fence then are terrified when that dog is out on a leash for a walk. Seems to me, most people who are afraid of dogs have a reason, either a dog attacked them un-prevocked. Or they prevoked a dog and now suspect an attack. Then there are the truely moronic who act as if they're being mortally wounded when a dog jumps up on them and leaves a mark by accidentally racking them with thier claws.:rolleyes:

Shaolinlueb
03-13-2008, 11:07 AM
my dog doesnt hate anyone. he barks at everyone when they knock. when they get in the house, he loves them to death!! DEATH IS THE NEW WEAPON!

Seppukku
03-13-2008, 06:37 PM
It must be regional. My dogs only bark at Koreans and Basque separatists.

I always chalked it up to the "dogs can scent evil" credo. I guess I was wrong.

Golden Spider
03-14-2008, 12:30 AM
*snort* Does he need a reason?

Eddie
03-14-2008, 01:43 AM
*snort* Does he need a reason?

that might just get you into trouble

unkokusai
03-14-2008, 03:01 AM
OK. Most black people in the Midwest and Southern U.S. are afraid of dogs.

Got any proof to back that up?

unkokusai
03-14-2008, 03:08 AM
takes more than the colour of someones skin to make me feel uncomfortable

Sounds like that might not be the case as much as you would like us to believe...

unkokusai
03-14-2008, 03:23 AM
Ok, this is the first time I've heard any of this stuff about African Americans and dogs.

It has nothing to do with race, and everything to do with socio-economics. When most people in a given population sample have had most of their interactions with dogs via the local punks protecting drug routes or cops hunting those same punks, you are going to associate dogs with something dangerous. Shocking.

David Jamieson
03-14-2008, 04:11 AM
because of your english and south african decent, your racism is built in and subconscious. Because, if we can evaluate that all blacks are afraid of dogs, then all S.A anglophiles are racist!

easy math!

Eddie
03-14-2008, 05:23 AM
erm... you talking to me david jameson?

but all south africans ARE racists. Thats just the way it flows down here.
you should watch more news :cool:

David Jamieson
03-14-2008, 05:31 AM
im just talking sh1t because i have nothing better to do this morning. :)

golden arhat
03-14-2008, 06:29 AM
why are you all convinced i'm a racist

when this thread is about my dog ???

Eddie
03-14-2008, 07:09 AM
you and your dog are both racists.

you are one because you have south african blood, and your dog is one cause he is ... a dog.

;)

DJ, I like Canadians. So you're cool in my book.

SPJ
03-14-2008, 07:40 AM
my dogs like to howl/sing with me when I sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBMDX2sR27U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rab-nl9cUk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_MJYcBmB04

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCmMc0ZoLbQ

dogs may know friends, foes or strangers.

dogs may not know what ethinicity/nationality people are.

my dogs howl no matter what I sing in Chinese, Japanese, German, French or just mumbo jumbo.

--

:D;)

AJM
03-14-2008, 09:11 AM
why are you all convinced i'm a racist

when this thread is about my dog ???
Dogs generally echo their owners emotions.

Golden Spider
03-14-2008, 11:55 AM
Isn't a dog entitled to his OWN opinion?! Are we going to police K9 thoughts too?!:confused:

BruceSteveRoy
03-14-2008, 12:04 PM
Isn't a dog entitled to his OWN opinion?! Are we going to police K9 thoughts too?!:confused:

hmm thats a very interesting thought. it is very anthropocentric to assume tha tthe dog is in some way solely a reflection or an extension of you and your behaviors. though there is a lot of behavioral theory that suggests thats all any of us are. all of our opinions and behaviors are at first a reflection of our parents and later a reflection of our environments. that we are conditioned to behave certain ways and believe certain things. so i suppose there is a great deal of possibility that the dog has his own opinions. but given that pets in general tend have their 'owners' constantly around and interfering with their 'natural' development the likihood that their behavior will reflect their owner is high. if you everything you did, all of your rewards and punishments, all of the reinforcements etc were given to you by one person there is a good chance you will be how that person wants you to be to maximize the probability of rewards. but an interesting thought i will have to consider.