PDA

View Full Version : OT: a car with no exhaust

SPJ
03-10-2008, 12:26 PM
http://www.morgan-motor.co.uk/lifecar/lifecar.html

it uses and mixes hydrogen and oxygen and vents steams.

no carbon dioxide exhaust,

no global warming.

--

:eek::D:):cool:

SanHeChuan
03-10-2008, 12:33 PM
So, instead we get global humidity? :eek:

Water vapor is a green house gas too.

bodhitree
03-10-2008, 12:41 PM
So, instead we get global humidity? :eek:

Water vapor is a green house gas too.

well

Steem would not necessarily turn into humidity, depending on the temperature surrounding. The water cycle my friend, the water cycle. Water vapor is NOT a gas that is causing a hole in the ozone. Water vapor also does not contribute to pollution. I think some people attack anything to do with global warming as soon as they hear it, and try to discredit the MAJORITY of the scientific community that believes global warming is a dangerous threat to the future of the world. Liberal, conservative, nazi, communist, islamist, anarchist, theocratist, we should all be concerned with what effects pollution, deforestation, un-sustainable agricultural practices, and other environmental issues will have on our future.

SanHeChuan
03-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Bah

Everybody knows that global warming is a plot by the Illuminati to kill off the mob and replace us with robots while turning the whole world into a tropical paradise, that will be perfectly sustainable with the new low population total. :p

CLFLPstudent
03-10-2008, 07:53 PM
Hydrogen Fuel cel's LOOK very promising and exciting.

What is the estimated cost of hydrogen/gallon? Is that how it's sold?

How long to build new hydrogen filling stations/add the option to existing gas stations?

I saw one program about how sexy they are re: emissions and such.

Saw another program ( well, bits of "Who Killed the Electric Car") and they seemed to be extremely down on hydrogen - cost and such.

Anyone have real figures?

-David

Mook Jong
03-10-2008, 10:54 PM
I heard a big thing holding back H2 cells is the fact that it costs alot to get pure hydrogen and transporting it can be very dangerous if there's a crash. The very thing that makes it such a good fuel makes it very dangerous as well

David Jamieson
03-12-2008, 05:44 AM
global warming/cooling is a defunct term.

I believe the concern is climate change and even then, I really think the big danger to us is ourselves and the poisons we release into the air and food and water around us.

we are all hell bent on conserving energy when we should be regulating companies that dump effluence into water tables, companies that create food stuffs atht are carcinogenic, laws that allow for questionable or untested practices such as alcohol consumption unchecked or ciggarette smoking etc etc etc.

Car manufacturers need to put more efforts into clean fuel burning and fuel efficiency, but so long as soccer moms want suvs because they feel safe driving them :rolleyes: there will be this constant step towards our own demise and at our own hand.

we are killing ourselves and this planet by the very construct of self interest and inherent lazy behaviour.

the solution is to get rid of more humans, it is obvious that you cannot teach everyone to behave properly an dthere is no point in you not using your dishwasher if china insists on burning plastic by the ton to extract copper.

unfortunately, the solution lay in world war and decimation of the human race the same as any other special correction is made. :(

Black Jack II
03-12-2008, 07:29 AM
we are killing ourselves and this planet by the very construct of self interest and inherent lazy behaviour.

Christ, go smoke some pot or something you depressing hippy.

btw-zero proof of the above statement but as common, you never use any.

Drake
03-12-2008, 07:39 AM
global warming/cooling is a defunct term.

I believe the concern is climate change and even then, I really think the big danger to us is ourselves and the poisons we release into the air and food and water around us.

we are all hell bent on conserving energy when we should be regulating companies that dump effluence into water tables, companies that create food stuffs atht are carcinogenic, laws that allow for questionable or untested practices such as alcohol consumption unchecked or ciggarette smoking etc etc etc.

Car manufacturers need to put more efforts into clean fuel burning and fuel efficiency, but so long as soccer moms want suvs because they feel safe driving them :rolleyes: there will be this constant step towards our own demise and at our own hand.

the solution is to get rid of more humans, it is obvious that you cannot teach everyone to behave properly an dthere is no point in you not using your dishwasher if china insists on burning plastic by the ton to extract copper.

unfortunately, the solution lay in world war and decimation of the human race the same as any other special correction is made. :(

You lose points for use of words such as "construct" and "demise". You also lose points for lamenting about things the world is actively trying to change, instead of trying to lend a hand out there.

Stop moping and help us.

Becca
03-12-2008, 08:18 AM
He's not moping, he's letting it be known that he thinks we are focusing too much our efforts in the wrong direction. This is a valid opinion. I'm not sure how smoking and unchecked drinking are doing more to damage the world than uncheck energy usage, but the rest of his rant made perfect sence.:)

sanjuro_ronin
03-12-2008, 08:22 AM
Bah

Everybody knows that global warming is a plot by the Illuminati to kill off the mob and replace us with robots while turning the whole world into a tropical paradise, that will be perfectly sustainable with the new low population total. :p

**** it !!

Nothing to see hear people, keep moving along, matter of fact, focus on this:

RD'S Alias - 1A
03-12-2008, 09:30 AM
The problem is that hydrogen requires a large amount of electricity to separate it from the oxygen in water.

Now, if you can get 50 miles out of that hydrogen, due to inefficacy ratios, the electricity it took to make the hydrogen would give you 100 miles in the same car if you ran it direct to electric motors instead of using it to make hydrogen and then running the car on that.

You guys want the ultimate solution to the problem? Read my signature.

Mook Jong
03-12-2008, 09:45 AM
I like SR's pic better :p

RD'S Alias - 1A
03-12-2008, 09:47 AM
Me tooo!! :D

golden arhat
03-12-2008, 09:51 AM
i cant believe they are focusing on cars and planes for global warming

when the livestock industry produces more green house gasses than all of the transport industries combined

and nothing has been dopne to curb that !

sanjuro_ronin
03-12-2008, 09:53 AM

when the livestock industry produces more green house gasses than all of the transport industries combined

How can anyone have issues with meat?

CLFLPstudent
03-12-2008, 09:55 AM
The problem is that hydrogen requires a large amount of electricity to separate it from the oxygen in water.

Now, if you can get 50 miles out of that hydrogen, due to inefficacy ratios, the electricity it took to make the hydrogen would give you 100 miles in the same car if you ran it direct to electric motors instead of using it to make hydrogen and then running the car on that.

You guys want the ultimate solution to the problem? Read my signature.

But how do we produce that electricity in the first place? Burning oil?

The same can be said about the ethanol myth, I've seen figures saying it takes more than a gallon of oil to produce a gallon of ethanol. Pointless.

Saw my first +$4/gallon price today ( $4.19), it was for diesel but I'm sure gas isn't far away....

-David

Becca
03-12-2008, 10:00 AM

Are you volunteering to go and be a Livestock Flatulance Inspector after you finish school? And just what kind of school would prepare you for that?:confused:

On a side note, a group of wack jobs actually tried to sue the state on Wyoming (U.S. intermountain west region for all you who aren't familiar with U.S. georgrphy). They claimed that the cattle in Wyoming alone fa rted enought to cause the hole in the Ozone layer. The suit litterally got laphed out of court.:rolleyes:

Black Jack II
03-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by golden arhat View Post

Leave my meat alone....man did that just sound queer or what.:D

BTW-Jessica has the best body in Hollywood....**** baby.

golden arhat
03-12-2008, 11:38 AM
methane is more potent than carbon dioxide in terms of heat retention (ie it is more of a green house gas than CO2)
FACT

more of it is produced than co2, FACT

there fore if you actually care about your environment stop worrying about jets and oil and cars

and just stop eating meat

it makes sense

sanjuro_ronin
03-12-2008, 11:41 AM
methane is more potent than carbon dioxide in terms of heat retention (ie it is more of a green house gas than CO2)
FACT

more of it is produced than co2, FACT

there fore if you actually care about your environment stop worrying about jets and oil and cars

it makes sense

Stop eating meat ???
Dude, what issues do you have against oral sex ???

golden arhat
03-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Stop eating meat ???
Dude, what issues do you have against oral sex ???

haha not that kind of meat

as long as its not a teen from chicago ;):eek:

Black Jack II
03-12-2008, 11:51 AM

it makes sense

Not really:rolleyes:

Becca
03-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Not really:rolleyes:
Yes it does. Everyone knows that only the animals that we humans eat far,t and that they didn't before we started eating them. Therfore, if we stop eating meat the animals will all stop far,ting. :D

I guess we can then go after another naturally occuring sorce of greanhouse gases. Because I bet them pesky marshlands make more than us humans, too. Never mind that the planet was doing just fine with far,ting animals and stinky swamps and messy mashlands long before the iron age. It doesn't mater that the world's ecco systems have been failing at alrming rates one humans started gaining technology. It's really just far,ting cows.;):D:D:D

golden arhat
03-12-2008, 01:44 PM
Yes it does. Everyone knows that only the animals that we humans eat far,t and that they didn't before we started eating them. Therfore, if we stop eating meat the animals will all stop far,ting. :D

I guess we can then go after another naturally occuring sorce of greanhouse gases. Because I bet them pesky marshlands make more than us humans, too. Never mind that the planet was doing just fine with far,ting animals and stinky swamps and messy mashlands long before the iron age. It doesn't mater that the world's ecco systems have been failing at alrming rates one humans started gaining technology. It's really just far,ting cows.;):D:D:D

does it not occur to you that they wouldnt be around in such numbers if we hadnt farmed and bred them so that they did ?

bakxierboxer
03-12-2008, 02:12 PM
does it not occur to you that they wouldnt be around in such numbers if we hadnt farmed and bred them so that they did ?

I can see that you've never considered the possibility that it's all part of a plot to take over our world by the insidious methane-breathing aliens from the Planet Arsehat.... possibly hiding in complete anonymity amongst our vast herds of cattle; which, thankfully, are still somewhat readily distinguishable from Joe Average citizen.

In any case, if we now stop killing and eating them, their number will increase unchecked and their färts will foul the air at an ever-increasing rate, thus hastening the fearsome take-over.

Of course, someone could suggest simply slaughtering them for no good reason other than letting their rotting corpses fertilize the soil....... an act of wanton/depraved/senseless MURDER MOST FOUL!!!!........

Lucas
03-12-2008, 02:16 PM
at the rate we are going, the only thing left to reincarnate as will soon be only Humans and Cows...

what a choice :eek:

bakxierboxer
03-12-2008, 02:34 PM
at the rate we are going, the only thing left to reincarnate as will soon be only Humans and Cows...

what a choice :eek:

OTOH, it could be worse.... you might come back as a know-it-all teenaged Brit.......

golden arhat
03-12-2008, 04:31 PM
I can see that you've never considered the possibility that it's all part of a plot to take over our world by the insidious methane-breathing aliens from the Planet Arsehat.... possibly hiding in complete anonymity amongst our vast herds of cattle; which, thankfully, are still somewhat readily distinguishable from Joe Average citizen.

In any case, if we now stop killing and eating them, their number will increase unchecked and their färts will foul the air at an ever-increasing rate, thus hastening the fearsome take-over.

Of course, someone could suggest simply slaughtering them for no good reason other than letting their rotting corpses fertilize the soil....... an act of wanton/depraved/senseless MURDER MOST FOUL!!!!........

no there numbers wont increase

we artificially inseminate them

thast why there are so many of them

it is an undeniable fact that the livestock industry produces more green house gasses than anyone else

that is a fact

so we should be focusing on that not transport

makes sense no ?

golden arhat
03-12-2008, 04:33 PM
OTOH, it could be worse.... you might come back as a know-it-all teenaged Brit.......

shut up ***** just because i know more than you do,

oh and there is nothing worse than coming back as a cow
well other than a pig

what they go through is just plain old horrific

Lucas
03-12-2008, 04:34 PM
shut up ***** just because i know more than you do,

well other than a pig

what if you come back as a cow in india? :p

RD'S Alias - 1A
03-12-2008, 04:59 PM
But how do we produce that electricity in the first place? Burning oil?

Reply]
No silly, we paint the car with the new super efficient spray on solar collector and let it sit out in the sun.

bakxierboxer
03-12-2008, 05:54 PM
"... insidious methane-breathing aliens from the Planet Arsehat.... possibly hiding in complete anonymity amongst our vast herds of cattle; which, thankfully, are still somewhat readily distinguishable from Joe Average citizen."

Hmmmm.... if you drop the "se" from Arsehat.....
Jeepers! That's not a very good "disguise"!

no there numbers wont increase

we artificially inseminate them

Generally to ensure the genetic qualities desired.
The cows would be preggers anyway.... just ask the bulls.

thast why there are so many of them

You actually think that bovines won't have procreative sex on their own?

it is an undeniable fact that the livestock industry produces more green house gasses than anyone else

"anyone".......?
"Greenhouse gases include, in order of relative abundance: water vapour......"

that is a fact

"Who'll stop the rai-ain?"

so we should be focusing on that not transport

makes sense no ?

No.

bakxierboxer
03-12-2008, 05:59 PM
shut up ***** just because i know more than you do

You're 'way short of showing anything like that, you punkoid little pinko.

well other than a pig

I dunno.... I've never heard any of them b1tch about their existence nearly as much as you do.........

golden arhat
03-12-2008, 05:59 PM
yes they would still be pro creative

but their numbers would decrease simpley because they wouldnt be being artificially inseminated the whole time

their numbers would level out not grow to meet demand

livestock produces more green house gas than any other industry
FACT
why arent we doing anything about it ?

golden arhat
03-12-2008, 06:02 PM
You're 'way short of showing anything like that, you punkoid little pinko.

I dunno.... I've never heard any of them b1tch about their existence nearly as much as you do.........

when have i *****ed abotu my existance moron,

what kind of name is a punkoid ?? when the **** were you born??, a pinko ? your seriously calling me a pinko ?

seriously have you got a book beside you entitled "phrases that make you sound like an old out of touch retard"???

bakxierboxer
03-12-2008, 06:11 PM

but their numbers would decrease simpley because they wouldnt be being artificially inseminated the whole time

"Left to themselves".......
The local bull's nose and erection is a faster indicator and "treatment" of the cow's fertility/estrus than messing about to herd them through gates to even begin to determine if they are "in heat".

their numbers would level out not grow to meet demand

Without humans, they no longer have any natural predators in the numbers required to keep their population from exploding.

livestock produces more green house gas than any other industry
FACT

Actually, water vapor is the largest component of "green house gases".... go b1tch at Mother Nature.

bakxierboxer
03-12-2008, 06:19 PM
when have i *****ed abotu my existance moron

About 50% of your posts.

what kind of name is a punkoid ??

"Dictionary:
–oid

a suffix

1. Resembling; having the appearance of; related to: acanthoid.
2. One that resembles something specified or has a specified quality: humanoid."

Used in combination with "punk" seems to describe you quite nicely.

when the **** were you born??

Probably before your father.

a pinko ? your seriously calling me a pinko ?
Your lame-brained "politics" put you closer to being a communist than most folks.

seriously have you got a book beside you entitled "phrases that make you sound like an old out of touch retard"???

Don't need a book, I have a memory that works well enough.
Common sense tells me that the kids who can't spell are usually the "retards".

golden arhat
03-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Actually, water vapor is the largest component of "green house gases".... go b1tch at Mother Nature.

I SAID INDUSTRY YOU IDIOT

i know that the ocean is the biggest contributor, in fact i dont even believe inglobal warming being down to man

i just think that if you do believe in that then if you wanna change sumthing it should be the livestock industry as that produces more co2 than any other man made changeable INDUSTRY

bakxierboxer
03-12-2008, 06:31 PM
I SAID INDUSTRY YOU IDIOT

AGRICULTURE is a "business" (art & science).
Animal Husbandry is a branch of Agriculture.

The only part of today's food supply chain that is "industrial" is processing and distribution.

i know that the ocean is the biggest contributor, in fact i dont even believe inglobal warming being down to man

OK... if you don't believe that global warming is "man-made" what makes you think that changing anything we do can have any effect on it?
Why waste time/energy/effort/whatever arguing over or promoting a solution to what you now say is a non-problem?

i just think that if you do believe in that then if you wanna change sumthing it should be the livestock industry as that produces more co2 than any other man made changeable INDUSTRY

Perhaps you should find something to do that would help to convince people that you're worth listening to.... like spell.

zapruder_bjj
03-12-2008, 07:06 PM

FACT

Um have you even looked into what you are talking about? Renewable cow energy is a new industry with some crazy potential. From actually harnessing all the gas a cow excretes, to just collecting the manure into gigantic vats and harvesting the gas there. There are several dairies that are completely off the grid because of this source of energy. So I say we eat more meat and have a cheap and easy source of renewable energy :D People have such a hard time thinking outside the box, whether it be the tree hugging hippy or the crotchety old man shaking his fist at the **** loud music listening teenagers that wont stay off his lawn(did I mention the black socks with the house shoes? cuz that is what crotchety old men wear while shaking their fist at teenagers that wont get off their lawn)

Becca
03-12-2008, 07:52 PM

Did domestic animals? No, there were no domestic animals before we bred them. But there were always vast herds of grazing animals. Are you suggesting they didn't also far,t?

RD'S Alias - 1A
03-12-2008, 10:34 PM
The other thing to think about is that we have destroyed such vast amounts of eco system that all the aboriginal animals that used to be there are gone, so farming cows just brings it back to an equilibrium.

Since the animal factor was originally part of the eco system we must look to new additions that cause green house gasses. Remove the things that were never part of the original eco system in the first place because THOSE are the things throwing it off balance.

The BEST way to do that is to invest in Solar powered cars. We now have the technology to make them. We have the batteries, we have the new solar collectors, and we have the motors to make it all work. All we need to do now, is just put them all together and we will have cars that cost NOTHING to power.

Chosen-frozen
03-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Don`t worry about those cows messing up the environment Asshat. I`m doing my part to get rid of them. BBQ at my place tonight!!!!!! (Bring your own beer.)

golden arhat
03-13-2008, 01:22 AM
OK... if you don't believe that global warming is "man-made" what makes you think that changing anything we do can have any effect on it?
Why waste time/energy/effort/whatever arguing over or promoting a solution to what you now say is a non-problem?

Perhaps you should find something to do that would help to convince people that you're worth listening to.... like spell.

because i believe that if you do believe in global warming you should be tackling the biggest factor you can change i dont believe in it but everyone else does, tackling the livestock industry should be their first port of call

and pointing out spelling mistakes as part of your argument is the last recourse of idiots everywhere idiot

golden arhat
03-13-2008, 01:25 AM
Don`t worry about those cows messing up the environment Asshat. I`m doing my part to get rid of them. BBQ at my place tonight!!!!!! (Bring your own beer.)

yayyyy what an intelligent reply!, never heard that one before really fresh! :)

wow you must have an !Q of what 4? no maybe 5? i'm impressed

would you like some crayons ???

Drake
03-13-2008, 01:47 AM
I don't think methane production from animals is our biggest threat. It's a distraction technique.

Drake
03-13-2008, 01:58 AM
Myth: Concentrations of atmospheric methane are now nearly triple what they were when they began rising a century ago. The primary reason is beef production.
Landfills are the number one source of methane emissions. In fact, landfills, natural gas and oil systems and coal mining accounted for about two-thirds of U.S. methane emissions in 2003 (Environmental Protection Agency’s “U.S. Emissions Inventory 2005: Inventory of U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions and Sinks, 1990-2003”).

In terms of pollution and ozone depletion, the focus should be on total Greenhouse Gasses (GHG). EPA data show 2003 methane emissions from all sources accounted for just 9 percent (8.9%) of all 2003 GHG emissions in the United States. In addition, methane emissions decreased 10 percent between 1990 and 2003. Eating less beef would have an insignificant effect on greenhouse gas emissions since methane produced by all domestic livestock accounted for less than 3 percent (2.5%) of the total U.S. greenhouse gas emissions in 2003.

Source: http://www.beeffrompasturetoplate.org/mythmeatproductiondestroysnaturalresources.aspx#Co ncentrations

7. METHANE PRODUCTION
Myth: U.S. cattle produce large amounts of methane, a “greenhouse” gas,
thereby contributing significantly to possible global warming problems.
Fact: Methane represents only 18% of the world’s greenhouse gases, and
only 7% of world methane production is attributable to cattle. Beef cattle
in the U.S. account for only 0.5% of world methane production and only 0.1%
of total greenhouse gases. Because of highly efficient production methods,
U.S. beef cattle emit much less methane per animal unit than do cattle in
other countries.
Background: It has been said that the world’s 1.3 billion cattle produce
almost 100 million tons of methane a year. However, cattle’s contribution to
the possible methane and greenhouse gas problem is less than sometimes
stated. An analysis shows that, because of the carbon dioxide produced,
driving six miles each way to buy a hamburger would result in 100 times as
much greenhouse gas as the methane generated in producing a hamburger in
the U.S. Controlling methane emissions from cattle, even if it could be done,
would provide little or no benefit from the point of view of global
atmospheric biomass burning, fossil fuel exploration, landfills and coal mines.
If efforts were made to reduce cattle’s methane production throughout the
Page30
world, the best approach would be to follow production systems in the U.S.
Modern technology, including products and programs to improve feed
conversion, reduces methane production and improves animals’ use of feed
energy. U.S. cattle go to market at younger ages. All of this means that
U.S. cattle contribute relatively much less to any possible global warning
effect than do cattle in other countries.
Concern about methane emissions from cattle often is based on projected
increases in world cattle numbers. These assumptions overlook the fact
that the U.S. cattle herd has decreased in size and is expected to remain
stable. Because of the efficiency of U.S. production methods, the industry
is producing more beef per animal unit than in past years.

Source: http://www.fresnofair.com/fair/faireducation/documents/6-8MythsFacts.pdf (which references some Federal docs)

bakxierboxer
03-13-2008, 02:18 AM
because i believe that if you do believe in global warming you should be tackling the biggest factor you can change i dont believe in it but everyone else does, tackling the livestock industry should be their first port of call

and pointing out spelling mistakes as part of your argument is the last recourse of idiots everywhere idiot

"everyone else" does NOT believe it.

"Thesaurus: idiot
noun - One deficient in judgment and good sense"

Sounds like the definition of someone who "goes along to get along" with "everyone else".

"Devil's Dictionary: idiot
n.

A member of a large and powerful tribe whose influence in human affairs has always been dominant and controlling. The Idiot's activity is not confined to any special field of thought or action, but "pervades and regulates the whole." He has the last word in everything; his decision is unappealable. He sets the fashions and opinion of taste, dictates the limitations of speech and circumscribes conduct with a dead-line. "

Definitely sounds like you.... (would like to be)
(or any other card-carrying "Liberal")
You've got a really good start.
Keep working at it, you'll "get there" yet.

sanjuro_ronin
03-13-2008, 04:19 AM
Speaking of beef, I love that commercial with the bull singing:
" can you imagine, how much I love you, Mo mo mo mo...you know the only one for me, will ever be, you..."

Becca
03-13-2008, 07:09 AM

and pointing out spelling mistakes as part of your argument is the last recourse of idiots everywhere idiotDo you think that from a researched scientific point of veiw? Or from a pig-headed force-everyone-to-be-vegan-like-me point of view?

bakxierboxer
03-13-2008, 10:10 AM
Do you think that from a researched scientific point of veiw? Or from a pig-headed force-everyone-to-be-vegan-like-me point of view?

Awwww.... C'MON!
Even PIGS aren't stupid enough to want to confine themselves to being VEGAN!

Besides, when taken in a certain context, assuming that "pigs" are stupid is even worse than "racism", since you're slandering an entire Suborder (Suiformes)!

It'd be far less "prejudicial" to simply drop that on a smaller sub-segment of "humanoids"... such as poorly educated punk Brit-kids. :D
(ok, that was redundant) :D :D
(although it must be said that they are thoroughly suited to a life on the dole (a Brit "invention"))

golden arhat
03-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Do you think that from a researched scientific point of veiw? Or from a pig-headed force-everyone-to-be-vegan-like-me point of view?

simple logic

livestock produces more green house gasses han anything else you can change

so if you believe in global warming being down to man

go after the biggest culprit first

surely that makes sense ?

i'm not a vegan yet

i will be eventually, atm i'm sticking with vegetarianism

Drake
03-13-2008, 10:25 AM
simple logic

No, no, no... a website TOLD you that and you believed it without so much as a second thought...

Becca
03-13-2008, 10:27 AM
simple logic

so if you believe in global warming being down to man

go after the biggest culprit first

surely that makes sense ?

i'm not a vegan yet

i will be eventually, atm i'm sticking with vegetarianism
But changing something just because you think it is easiest to change will not nessisarily bring about the outcome you want. I'm a middle aged mother of 2, and I look it. Dying my hair may be easy, and it will cover the grey, but in the long run it won't make me look younger... Stop raising grazing animals for a food source my reduce the methane emissions from cattle herds... but it won't reduce the methain emissions from, say, water bufilo or wild cattle or any other grazing animal. It will deplete the world of a source of healthy food. Dairy cows "emit" just as much as beef cattle, and much of the western world is heavily dependant on dairy. Getting rid of only those domesticated animal people directly eat will not get rid of all mathane emissions from domestic herds, grasshopper....

Mook Jong
03-13-2008, 10:33 AM
we should really just kill more people, as they exhale and produce CO2. According to our friend across the pond, it's ok to do that to the jews
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49360&highlight=christmas+turkey&page=8

golden arhat
03-13-2008, 10:36 AM
No, no, no... a website TOLD you that and you believed it without so much as a second thought...

and you know that how ?

incidentally here is a good article on it

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/27/weekinreview/27bittman.html?_r=4&ref=weekinreview&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

golden arhat
03-13-2008, 10:37 AM
we should really just kill more people, as they exhale and produce CO2. According to our friend across the pond, it's ok to do that to the jews
http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49360&highlight=christmas+turkey&page=8

jesus christ

i never said it was ok

i just said what we do to animals is worse

so you can **** off right now

golden arhat
03-13-2008, 10:39 AM
It will deplete the world of a source of healthy food.

WHAT ?

half the grain and water used in the US goes to feeding LIVESTOCK we are already feeding them with a source of healthy food which is in much more abundance

and meat has been linked to heart disease, numerous cancers, liver disease etccc

Mook Jong
03-13-2008, 10:48 AM
What, if we kill ppl there will be fewer people driving and fewer breathing, that gets rid of 2 sources of CO2

btw, this tends to be as close minded and stupid as you come off to me

Drake
03-13-2008, 10:54 AM
and you know that how ?

incidentally here is a good article on it

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/27/weekinreview/27bittman.html?_r=4&ref=weekinreview&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Because for every article you have saying what you think is true, I can find 5 more to refute it. Essentially, you don't know this to be a fact, and you are shooting this data from the hip. Funny how the media is always telling the truth when it supports our arguments. All other times it is a tool of corrupt politicians and slander.

Drake
03-13-2008, 10:56 AM
WHAT ?

half the grain and water used in the US goes to feeding LIVESTOCK we are already feeding them with a source of healthy food which is in much more abundance

and meat has been linked to heart disease, numerous cancers, liver disease etccc

Funny how us omnivores aren't dying off en masse. Funny also how all the meat eating animals in the world also are doing so well. I've been eating meat for decades and I'm in wonderful condition, unlike the vegan folks I've seen that are basically shells of human beings. They don't look healthy, the ones I've seen.

Becca
03-13-2008, 10:59 AM
WHAT ?

I beg to differ, much less than half of the grain actually produced. And the U.S. government subsidizes farmers not to plant all of their fields because it causes the market to flood and the grain prices tank... As far as half out water going to live stock? No, not even all agricultural industries combine get half. And most of our agricultural industry is in grain, sugar beats, and veggies.

And you are still ignoring the fact that not all cattle are raised for beef. Some are raised for dairy. As a “vegetarian, but not yet vegan,” I bet you still consume some dairy. And dairy cows far,t too.

Mook Jong
03-13-2008, 11:01 AM
And dairy cows far,t too.

difference is they sh1t ice cream

golden arhat
03-13-2008, 11:31 AM
Funny how us omnivores aren't dying off en masse. Funny also how all the meat eating animals in the world also are doing so well. I've been eating meat for decades and I'm in wonderful condition, well how come its linked to so many diseases huh ?, we arent designed to eat it, the meat eating animals are simple as
unlike the vegan folks I've seen that are basically shells of human beings. They don't look healthy, the ones I've seen.

you havent seen alot have you ?

there are vegan cage fighters which are just as built as everyone else
explain that away

Lucas
03-13-2008, 11:46 AM
we arent designed to eat it,

Wrong.....

Mook Jong
03-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Well the same can be said of eating only plants. If all you eat is one or two things in extreme excess, you will not be healthy. I doubt any one disagrees with that. It's the same thing with meat, people eat too much or don't have it properly prepared. There are many people who do not suffer any ill effects from a diet, from being omnivorous or vegan, so long as it's done right

RD'S Alias - 1A
03-13-2008, 12:01 PM
6 million jews

1939- 1945

70 billion animals (USA alone)

Reply]
Animal and fish have been eating eachother...often live...since life came to be on this planet.

Did you think about Rome, or Gengis Kan? WWI? Vietnam?

Your numbers are severely short when you take it all into account.

golden arhat
03-13-2008, 12:15 PM
I beg to differ, much less than half of the grain actually produced. And the U.S. government subsidizes farmers not to plant all of their fields because it causes the market to flood and the grain prices tank... As far as half out water going to live stock? No, not even all agricultural industries combine get half. And most of our agricultural industry is in grain, sugar beats, and veggies.

And you are still ignoring the fact that not all cattle are raised for beef. Some are raised for dairy. As a “vegetarian, but not yet vegan,” I bet you still consume some dairy. And dairy cows far,t too.

i tried being vegan

its really hard
especcially living with my family

my aim is to go vegan

at least i am doing something to change things

what have you done ?

Drake
03-13-2008, 12:18 PM
i tried being vegan

its really hard

my aim is to go vegan

what have you done ?

You haven't done anything scientifically or even empirically significant. Your entire attempt at a guilt trip is based off faulty and usually nonexistant data.

golden arhat
03-13-2008, 12:21 PM
You haven't done anything scientifically or even empirically significant. Your entire attempt at a guilt trip is based off faulty and usually nonexistant data.

shut up you know nothing of my life

go back to sleep

sanjuro_ronin
03-13-2008, 12:45 PM
i tried being vegan

its really hard

my aim is to go vegan

what have you done ?

I stopped burying people in Jersey.
:D

Becca
03-13-2008, 01:05 PM
i tried being vegan

its really hard

my aim is to go vegan

what have you done ?
I fail to see why making a personal life style change makes you any different from anyone else. There is good change and there is bad change. Choosing not to eat red meat can be either. Trying to justify your personal choice to other as being the only right way is pretty goofy. Humans have been consuming animal flesh since before out ansestors were technically humanoid. Now I know there are things our ansestors did that we no longer do, but eating meat is not one we need to ditch at this point. We no longer eat it raw, but it is still a viable source of nutrition for us. Just because we can servive and thrive without it does not make it wrong to partake in it.

Lucas
03-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Some people are just very full of themselves, and view their actions above all others.

Act like they know other people, then say "what do you know about me"

hypocritical IMO

RD'S Alias - 1A
03-13-2008, 01:15 PM

what have you done ?

Reply]
I haven't done anything...but I think for starters I will make plans to go small game hunting with Black Jack.

golden arhat
03-13-2008, 01:35 PM
I fail to see why making a personal life style change makes you any different from anyone else. There is good change and there is bad change. Choosing not to eat red meat can be either. Trying to justify your personal choice to other as being the only right way is pretty goofy. Humans have been consuming animal flesh since before out ansestors were technically humanoid. Now I know there are things our ansestors did that we no longer do, but eating meat is not one we need to ditch at this point. We no longer eat it raw, but it is still a viable source of nutrition for us. Just because we can servive and thrive without it does not make it wrong to partake in it.

hold on

a personal CHANGE doesnt make us diferent ??
well thats a bit of a contraditcion isnt it ?
change infers that something is different to how it was before thats what it means

so because we no longer need it and can survive without it and benefiting from that (we statistically live longer than meat eaters) ur saying it isnt wrong ?

killing wehn we dont need to for what are basically just our taste buds ?? that isnt wrong ???

WTF

unnecessary killing ? not wrong ?

what planet are you from ?

golden arhat
03-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Some people are just very full of themselves, and view their actions above all others.

Act like they know other people, then say "what do you know about me"

hypocritical IMO

i believe my actions are worth more than yours
get over it

you consume meat and take part in the slauughter of billions

i dont

that makes me superior to you (sorry but it does)

get over it

golden arhat
03-13-2008, 01:38 PM

what have you done ?

Reply]
I haven't done anything...but I think for starters I will make plans to go small game hunting with Black Jack.

another intelligent reply from you

right on go use advanced weaponry on things you dont need to kill to survive for no reason other than your own enjoyment

your really civilised
:rolleyes:

you should hunt each other

leave the animals out of it

Mook Jong
03-13-2008, 01:52 PM
get over it

i dont

get over it

wisdom from our humble resident buddhist. I'm curious, Mahayana or therevada?

Becca
03-13-2008, 02:03 PM
hold on

a personal CHANGE doesnt make us diferent ??
well thats a bit of a contraditcion isnt it ?
change infers that something is different to how it was before thats what it means

so because we no longer need it and can survive without it and benefiting from that (we statistically live longer than meat eaters) ur saying it isnt wrong ?

killing wehn we dont need to for what are basically just our taste buds ?? that isnt wrong ???

WTF

unnecessary killing ? not wrong ?

what planet are you from ?
Reading comprehention is a bich, ain't it. I said it doesn't make you different from anyone else. I didn't say it made you different from what you were before you chose to make a change.

You choose to say that slautering animals for food is wrong. I choose to view your ranting as immature. You say tomato, I say.... well, you get the point.

On second thought, maybe you don't. And won't till you've lived a few more years.

RD'S Alias - 1A
03-13-2008, 02:10 PM
another intelligent reply from you

right on go use advanced weaponry on things you dont need to kill to survive for no reason other than your own enjoyment

your really civilised

Reply]
I was thinking of using primitive bow and arrow personally. Hunting, especially for Men, is a healthy return to visit our inner caveman. You should try it sometime, you might actually grow a few pubic hairs.

Lucas
03-13-2008, 02:21 PM
get over it

i dont

get over it

This is all a matter of opinion. Oh, and BTW, you know jack all about me. Kid.

This statment here shows how ignorant and foolhardy you are. You are a stuck up punk little boy.

Edit: So sorry, but its true.

Lucas
03-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Boy...how much meat do I consume?

Answer me, since you know all.

RD'S Alias - 1A
03-13-2008, 02:27 PM
If we are not meant to eat animals, why are they made of meat?

Black Jack II
03-13-2008, 04:26 PM

No it is not.

I would glady kill a cow for my own personal pleasure or to feed my family. Animals and humans are not on the same playing field, no matter what cult movement you happen to have fallen into with at the moment is telling you.

your really civilised

Their are a LOT of other reasons to hunt than just personal enjoyment, though personal enjoyment is as good a reason as any. One main aspect of hunting is conservation and ecological management.

you should hunt each other

leave the animals out of it

Wow, that one is a doozy.

People are not animals, we are not created equal, to think so is a great folly. It would tickle me pink to stomp to death a thousand kittens into a fine pink paste, just to have one aborted baby become whole or rear naked choke any number of cute seals to give someone with cancer a cure.

We still need it, it helps to sustain families and support life on the planet, your immature for even thinking otherwise and a fool for having fallen in with this PETA cult think.

btw-those statisctic's are horse ****.

Black Jack II
03-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Royal,

I may get a chance to go Turkey hunting later in the year:D

I was thinking of doing a crack at it with blackpowder. I hear it is really a blast, pardon the pun.

RD'S Alias - 1A
03-13-2008, 06:04 PM
Let me know when you are going. If my arrow misses, you can shoot it. :D

I am actually thinking about going to the archery range this weekend. I have to see how i feel though.

What do you have that shoots with black powder? Are you talking like an old Musket?

Their are a LOT of other reasons to hunt than just personal enjoyment, though personal enjoyment is as good a reason as any. One main aspect of hunting is conservation and ecological management.

Reply]
This is an excellent point. Our forefathers basically extincted all the predatory animals, so now we must take thier place to restore the natural balance. if we don't, they animals we stop hunting will over populate and eat thier habitat to oblivion. Then they will ALL dissapear due to not having a food source. If we trim thier numbers, then they will stay at healthy population levels and the eco system is preserved.

So, hunting in modern times is essential to the eco system.

Black Jack II
03-13-2008, 06:12 PM
So, hunting in modern times is essential to the eco system.

Yes it is, along with it being an excellent and time honored bonding system for fathers and their kids.

http://www.mainehuntingtoday.com/magazine/articles/Vasquez/try_blackpowder.html

http://www.americanlongrifles.com/

Drake
03-13-2008, 09:38 PM
shut up you know nothing of my life

go back to sleep

WTF does what I said have to do with your life? Your data is faulty, your logic is flawed, and you are using your "attempted" veganism to make yourself out to be better than others. You are a plague on humanity.

Really, though...you come across to me as a stupid teen. I'm right, aren't I?

bakxierboxer
03-13-2008, 10:15 PM
Really, though...you come across to me as a stupid teen. I'm right, aren't I?

IIRC, he's gotten increasingly uppity now that he's managed to accumulate a whole 17-ish years.....
(at least that's what he claims)

Drake
03-13-2008, 11:01 PM
Plants are living things too. You don't mind eating them because you can't hear them scream. Do I even need to go into what you are really, technically eating when you eat an apple?

golden arhat
03-14-2008, 04:49 AM
your barbaric

i am civilised

if you dont like it

i simply dont care

because i am better than you are
therefore i dont care about your opinions until you have at least shown some measure of human compassion

eat what you want to eat

you are all going to hell

thats the simple truth

the end

Drake
03-14-2008, 07:02 AM
your barbaric

i am civilised

if you dont like it

i simply dont care

therefore i dont care about your opinions until you have at least shown some measure of human compassion

eat what you want to eat

thats the simple truth

the end

Always nice to see someone dissolve into a mess of self-righteousness and self-induced mistruths right in front of me. Too bad it's just some stupid teenager from the UK with no sense of reality.

Dude...you are a killer. You choose to kill plants because you don't have to know they are suffering, and for some odd reason, you think that makes you better than those of us who actually recognize our place in the food chain, and how our bodies are designed. You aren't civilized. And you definitely aren't a buddhist. Maybe a confused kid who likes to think he's a buddhist, but that's about it.

RD'S Alias - 1A
03-14-2008, 07:10 AM
your barbaric

i am civilised

if you dont like it

i simply dont care

eat what you want to eat

thats the simple truth

the end

Reply]
Not barbaric....at least it's been a very long time since my marauding scoundrels and I descended on a small village and plundered it killing all the men, women, children and raping thier goats.

Of course, we are Vegetarian marauding scoundrels, so we only kill people. We never kill or eat animals...but we raid thier vegetable gardens and eat their carrots, beans, potatoes and fresh picked tomatoes live in front of them as a form of torture.

Becca
03-14-2008, 07:12 AM
your barbaric

i am civilised

if you dont like it

i simply dont care

eat what you want to eat

thats the simple truth

the end
Am I the only one who can hear the childish "You're not the boss of me!" in this post? Statements backed up by facts are not opinions, GA. And rants that are not backed by anything be a few news articles are not undisputed truth. Dire threats for failing kiss won's shiny hiny are what I expect from my 6-year-old.:rolleyes:

Drake
03-14-2008, 07:27 AM
Am I the only one who can hear the childish "You're not the boss of me!" in this post? Statements backed up by facts are not opinions, GA. And rants that are not backed by anything be a few news articles are not undisputed truth. Dire threats for failing kiss won's shiny hiny are what I expect from my 6-year-old.:rolleyes:

Hopefully your 6-year old isn't still like this 11 years later!

SPJ
03-14-2008, 07:48 AM
like it or not.

we are part of the food chain or eco system on the planet.

no matter what we eat.

when we pass away, some little worms would consume our remains, too.

--

in the ocean, small shrimps eat planktons, bigger fishes eat smaller fishes etc.

--

seals and dolphins eat fishes, whales eat seals, seagulls pecks on whales, --

on and on.

--

:D;)

Drake
03-14-2008, 07:50 AM
like it or not.

we are part of the food chain or eco system on the planet.

no matter what we eat.

when we pass away, some little worms would consume our remains, too.

--

in the ocean, small shrimps eat planktons, bigger fishes eat smaller fishes etc.

--

seals and dolphins eat fishes, whales eat seals, seagulls pecks on whales, --

on and on.

--

:D;)

You can't reason with adolescent pompousness.

RD'S Alias - 1A
03-14-2008, 08:12 AM
OMG!! I made Becca's Siggy! :D

Becca
03-14-2008, 08:42 AM
Sorry, that was just too good not to quote in its entirety.:D

Mook Jong
03-14-2008, 09:03 AM
your barbaric

i am civilised

if you dont like it

i simply dont care

eat what you want to eat

thats the simple truth

the end

actually we are showing human compassion, we're not eating them. You want us to be compassionate to animals, there is a difference. I thought buddhists don't believe in hell, in any permanent sense, we would just be low born in our next lives.

Mook Jong
03-14-2008, 09:04 AM
And i would like to point out, not all teenagers are as dumb and ignorant as he is. I feel like he gives us a bad rap, thank god i'm turning 20 this year:)

Lucas
03-14-2008, 09:27 AM
I just ate an Orange.

Should I lament the devouring of the Unborn Tree Child I just consumed?

It was tastey though.

RD'S Alias - 1A
03-14-2008, 09:31 AM
I thought buddhists don't believe in hell, in any permanent sense, we would just be low born in our next lives.

Reply]
Don't lower forms of life eat each other?

bakxierboxer
03-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Don't lower forms of life eat each other?

"[I]Soixante-neuf"?
Is this supposed to be something you're trying to say about "the French"?

bakxierboxer
03-14-2008, 02:45 PM
Sorry, that was just too good not to quote in its entirety.:D

'Fess-up!
It was actually the part about raping their goats!

Becca
03-17-2008, 06:26 AM
'Fess-up!
It was actually the part about raping their goats!
Nope, it was the part about the veggi torture.:eek::p

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ByZqx30OvVs

bakxierboxer
03-17-2008, 06:49 AM
Nope, it was the part about the veggi torture.:eek::p

Hmmm....I don't/won't "do" Monty-anything.

So, I gotta guess it was the rutabagas screaming/shrieking in their own inimitable high-falsetto?

Becca
03-17-2008, 06:59 AM
What you got against Monty Python? That troupe of goof balls could make anything stupidly funny.:D

That sketch was about how to defend yourself against an attacker armed with a piece of fruit. RD was talking about torturing his victoms by eating thier fresh picked tomatos. Maybe the Flying Circus needs to do an episode on how to keep Vegetarian Marauding Scoundrels from raining your veggi patch.;)

sanjuro_ronin
03-17-2008, 07:09 AM
FYI:
I went to a local farm and punched out a cow, I am doing my part !

bakxierboxer
03-17-2008, 07:25 AM
What you got against Monty Python? That troupe of goof balls could make anything stupidly funny.:D

I gotta small problem, in that anything that remarkably STOOPID is NOT "funny".... at least not to me.

I gotta guess that it's an inner fear that seeing that nonsense will convince some number (any is too many) of fools that it's "cool" to actually BE "that stupid".

That sketch was about how to defend yourself against an attacker armed with a piece of fruit.

Lemme guess.... you LEARNED something from it and it's now an integral part of your own "art"?
No? well..... then, why "recommend" it?

RD was talking about torturing his victoms by eating thier fresh picked tomatos.

RD talks about lots of stuff.

Maybe the Flying Circus needs to do an episode on how to keep Vegetarian Marauding Scoundrels from raining your veggi patch.;)

I don't have a veggi/veggie/veggy patch
(pick one.... (psssst!) the "right" one is the one in the middle!)

As for the Flying Circus, the one to really watch out for is in NYC and is comprised almost entirely of sea gulls who choose to poop, not rain, on "your parade".

bakxierboxer
03-17-2008, 07:29 AM
FYI:
I went to a local farm and punched out a cow, I am doing my part !

This might lead to your consideration for the role/part of "cowpuncher" or "cowpoke" in the upcoming sequel to "Brokeback Mountain".... one proposed title for this epic is possibly "Brokeback Mounting".....
(or would that be a "freakquel"?)

Black Jack II
03-17-2008, 08:40 AM
I went to a local farm and punched out a cow, I am doing my part

Was it by chance a donkey punch?:D

bakxierboxer
03-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Was it by chance a donkey punch?:D

"ARCHIE BELL AND THE DRELLS lyrics - Tighten Up
Do the tighten up
Come and tighten it up
Tighten it up now...... "

Becca
03-17-2008, 10:08 AM
I gotta small problem, in that anything that remarkably STOOPID is NOT "funny".... at least not to me.

I gotta guess that it's an inner fear that seeing that nonsense will convince some number (any is too many) of fools that it's "cool" to actually BE "that stupid".

Lemme guess.... you LEARNED something from it and it's now an integral part of your own "art"?
No? well..... then, why "recommend" it?

RD talks about lots of stuff.

I don't have a veggi/veggie/veggy patch
(pick one.... (psssst!) the "right" one is the one in the middle!)

As for the Flying Circus, the one to really watch out for is in NYC and is comprised almost entirely of sea gulls who choose to poop, not rain, on "your parade".
Hey, who pee'd in your Wheaties this morning? You were generally in a good mood last week...:confused:

bakxierboxer
03-17-2008, 10:27 AM
Hey, who pee'd in your Wheaties this morning? You were generally in a good mood last week...:confused:

Nobody... this IS one of my "good moods". :D
(besides, I don't eat Wheaties) :D :D
(at least not ever since I discovered that they were one of the primary instruments of torment/torture/death of the so-deadly "cereal rapist"......)
(BWA-HA-ha-ha-ha-ha-hak!-spit!-choke!sptui!)
(there! thass mo' bettah!)
(always helps to "get a load off yer chest"!)

((besides, I wannit to see if I could slip that bit about the seagulls past ya... it's really da pigeons!))
(((which is easy to tell, since the larger gulls' poop would result in having lots more N'yawkahs kayoed on the ground, lying around the streets, etc)))