PDA

View Full Version : Satori Science's Travels

Satori Science
03-10-2008, 02:09 PM
Well I am currently a few weeks into my around the globe kung fu walk about & to be honest I am a little bit lazy these days when it comes to sitting down to journal (probably unconscious backlash from reading to much post-structuralism in college)
So I've been shooting a lot of video and plan to do semi regular posts over the course, of the different people I've met and had the good fortune to train & spar with.

Enjoy episode 1, hope the title isn't to mellow dramatic, its tuff to come up with something that doesn't sound really stupid and cheesy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUC1tO5GeFQ

diego
03-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Well I am currently a few weeks into my around the globe kung fu walk about & to be honest I am a little bit lazy these days when it comes to sitting down to journal (probably unconscious backlash from reading to much post-structuralism in college)
So I've been shooting a lot of video and plan to do semi regular posts over the course, of the different people I've met and had the good fortune to train & spar with.

Enjoy episode 1, hope the title isn't to mellow dramatic, its tuff to come up with something that doesn't sound really stupid and cheesy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUC1tO5GeFQ
lol, uno when it took me twenty minutes to get that claw the groin and face thing....I got to the seabus and I been getting the image of when you did the cat to horse chap choi form for warm up....I keep visualizing that mixed with the ice pick to the moustache:)...Shoulda asked you more about that drill!. We got something similar in kajukenbo...Emperado the founder of kaju knows CLF GM's, can't remember the names...anyway, buddy does a right punch and you step to the outside in left leg wieghted cat stance and right hand deflects his forearm down...just basic outward deflect and tiger claw grab the wrist and pull down to your hip like a karate chamber... as he bends over from the pull down, if he bends over, you stab a right hand ridge-hand strike to the throat...the pull down resembles the swing and float of pull back in cat, and the snapping of the ridge hand resembles shifting into horse with the Chap...the shape is different, but the loose power to stab is very similar.

Peace

WinterPalm
03-11-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm going to try that and then I'm going to be in the hospital for awhile.

Either of those things along is a great drill...but together. Wow!:eek:

Satori Science
03-12-2008, 02:13 AM
I'm going to try that and then I'm going to be in the hospital for awhile.

Either of those things along is a great drill...but together. Wow!:eek:

Believe me, that was 3 minutes out of a week of that kind of stuff, Sharif is a mad gung fu genius "gung fu people love to find new and inventive ways of torturing themselves"

WinterPalm
03-12-2008, 09:56 AM
Believe me, that was 3 minutes out of a week of that kind of stuff, Sharif is a mad gung fu genius "gung fu people love to find new and inventive ways of torturing themselves"

I agree to that quote. In fact it's going in the 'ol signature.

Training with him sounds like a blast. Maybe I'll see if I can visit his school when I'm in NYC. We'll talk...

Satori Science
03-12-2008, 10:19 AM
I agree to that quote. In fact it's going in the 'ol signature.

Training with him sounds like a blast. Maybe I'll see if I can visit his school when I'm in NYC. We'll talk...

I'll see you tommorow dude, Josh and I are planning to meet you guys at the airport:D

WinterPalm
03-12-2008, 02:31 PM
I'll see you tommorow dude, Josh and I are planning to meet you guys at the airport:D

Cool.
I've got a car to pick up there but maybe we'll head out later in the morn for some food or coffee.