PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun in Texas?

Ultimatewingchun
03-10-2008, 08:04 PM
...I have a student who's originally from San Antonio, Texas. He and his fiancee came here to Brooklyn, NY a few years ago - but have decided to go back to San Antonio - and he's interested in continuing with wing chun.

But there's no TWC schools in Texas.

What about HFY? Or other wing chun systems?

Any schools in or around San Antonio?

KPM
03-11-2008, 07:31 AM
I'm in El Paso. But Texas is a big state and that's quite a distance! :)

RGVWingChun
03-11-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm in the Rio Grande Valley, about 4 hours south of San Antonio. I'm certified under the Samuel Kwok Wing Chun Martial Arts Association to teach. I teach privately only for now.

The area is the McAllen, Mission area.

God bless,

Moses Flores
Senior Texas Representative
Ip Chun and Ip Ching style

RGVWingChun
03-11-2008, 08:54 PM
RGVWINGCHUN@yahoo.com

El Zorro 71
03-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Hello,

Master Samuel Kwok has a certified instructor in Mission, Texas.

He is my kung fu brother and I can attest to his abilities and his passion for the art of Wing Chun. Regardless of lineage, I would at least evaluate those in your surroundings then make the decision.....

He can be reached at rgvwingchun@yahoo.com......

Ultimatewingchun
03-12-2008, 06:17 AM
How far is Mission from San Antonio?

El Zorro 71
03-12-2008, 10:57 AM
Hello Victor,

Mission, Texas is about 3 hours south of San Antonio....and just before you get to the Mexican border.....

SAAMAG
03-13-2008, 11:02 AM
In San Antonio:

LT WT on Austin Hwy.

EBMAS on Broadway.

Both are the same basic stuff as far as core movements go...but you'd have a better chance at learning to fight and being in better shape for it at the Boztepe place.

There may be a couple of transients too...but those (like myself) are probably cross-trainers and don't specialize in it any longer.

DMK
03-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Sifu Gilbert Leal is in San Antonio

SAAMAG
03-17-2008, 09:20 AM
He came from the LT group on austin hwy--my understanding is that he doesn't do straight wing tsun anymore--but more of a composite style now.

I don't remember if he was an older brother of Parker's, or Parker's student though....

cobra
03-17-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm in Temple, 2 Hrs North of San Antonio. I used to train LT/WT, now I get my personal training from Sifu Gary Lam.

Sifu MASS
03-17-2008, 09:08 PM
I have a student named Moses Flores, who was just certified by my Sifu, Master Samuel Kwok. We are under the Ip Man - Ip Ching - Samuel Kwok lineage.
His contact info was listed in an earlier post here. I will be visiting his group sometime in April or May for a seminar. If you are interested in Ip Man lineage Wing Chun contact Moses about attending the seminar. We are currently looking for instructors who are interested in becoming certified under the Traditional Ip Man Wing Chun Association. If you have an interest contact us.
www.ipmanwingchun.com (http://www.ipmanwingchun.com)

Sifu Tony Massengill

AmanuJRY
03-18-2008, 01:19 PM
I'm in Temple, 2 Hrs North of San Antonio. I used to train LT/WT, now I get my personal training from Sifu Gary Lam.

Nice, cobra...you and I share similar backgrounds...:D:cool:

RGVWingChun
04-01-2008, 10:47 PM
Master Tony Massengill (certified through the Samuel Kwok Wing Chun Martial Arts Association and recognized master instructor VTAA) will be hosting his first ever Wing Chun seminar in the Lone Star state of Texas!!! Master Massengill is also the co-author with Master Samuel Kwok of the new book and DVD series "Mastering Wing Chun: The Keys to Ip Mans Kung Fu".

The date will be Saturday May 10,2008. The location will be in Mission, TX which is in DEEP SOUTH TEXAS at the Sharyland Bantworth park...this is the kind of place where all the stories you’ve heard of Texas are TRUE!!! Bigger food, bigger drinks....EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS even the comradery.

If anybody is interested in attending the seminar feel free to contact me at RGVWINGCHUN@yahoo.com.

Seminar fees are only $50. Books and DVD's covering the empty hand forms will be available as well.

Master Massengill also has some slot time available for private instruction. As a senior Rep. for the Traditional Ip Man Wing Chun Martial Arts Assocation, Master Massengilll along with his sifu, Master Samuel Kwok, are always looking for people who are interested in spreading the Ip Family Traditions. No one knows them like Master Samuel Kwok who has had the privilege of training with the Ip family since 1978 being a disciple of Ip Chun and then becoming a disciple of Ip ching in 1994. Master Kwok has the best of both worlds and more and is graciously passing on that knowledge to his disciple, Master Tony Massengill and on to me as well. If you are looking to be a part of this, this is a chance to learn and inquire. You can email him at sifu@massmartialarts.com for more info on instructorship and private training.

If traveling from out of town, the closest airport would be McAllen (MFE) or in Harlingen (???).

God bless and train hard,

Moses Flores
Certified Instructor, Samuel Kwok Wing Chun Martial Arts Association
Senior Texas Representative, Tradition Ip Man Wing Chun Assocation

Ho-gai-sai-ya
04-03-2008, 01:54 PM
Hi,

Houston is about 3-3.5 hrs from San Antonio. Houston Wing Chun, Leung Sheung Lineage is on the westside. I also teach privately from my house on the southside. Your student is welcome anytime. You can pm me for more info.

Rudy :D

Dragonhand
04-03-2008, 04:22 PM
SiFu James Sasitorn
5627 Royalton St.
Houston, TX 77081
832-212-8549
sifusasitorn@ gmail.com

Beginner's Classes: Tuesday 7:00pm-8:00pm
Thursday 7:00pm-8:00pm
Saturday 11:00am-12:00 noon

shadowhandwingchun.com