PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Ring Dagger Seminar, Indiana

Ngfamilymember
03-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Don't know if this is a proper place to state this but here I go, if it is going against any rules then moderators or Admin. can cut it out or post it where it belongs. So anyways....

I'm pleased to announce that Instructor Daniel Eckart (owner and operator of the Laughing Monkey - TCMA School) has agreed to let Master Ricky Pickens (Ng Family Style) host a Ring Dagger seminar on March 29, 2008 at location in Muncie, Indiana.

Master Pickens, published author of the collectable book "Chinese Ring Daggers: The Ultimate Close-Quarter Weapons" will be sharing his knowledge on the concept and combat applications of this rare weapon for all those who attend. Master Pickens (along with the guidence of his teacher; Great GrandMaster John W.L. Ng) has spent many years understanding and developing his skills with the usage of the Ring Dagger and is now, for the very 1st time offering to showcase this unique weapon to the open public.

The Chinese community is said to hold the Ring Dagger in high regard, considering it a lost golden treasure. Few schools claim knowledge of the Ring Dagger and very few hardly teach it, keeping it held back as a heirloom to only a selected handful. Don't miss this opportunity to be amongst great martial artist for a fun filled day of becomming acquainted and/or perfecting your skills with this amazing weapon.

Again the details are:
Date: MARCH, 29, 2008
Location: Laughing Monkey, Muncie, IN (www.trainingmethods.net)
Fee: $25.00 per participating individual
Time: Estimated at 5 hours. (12:30/1:00 pm - 5:30/6:00 pm)

Whomever would like to attend, can prepay at the website listed or pay at the door. No extra fees are applied. Just for safe measure, if attending and pocess ring daggers, please bring them.

Take care and hope to see some of you there!
-Jeff (Ngfamilymember)

Snake77
03-17-2008, 12:48 PM
That is Very Cool!! This is a Very Rare opprutunity and all should take advantage of it. My forecast for that weekend is work, but you never know. Maybe ,I'll see you there.

taichidragon1
04-21-2008, 02:48 PM
I attended this seminar and I have to say in 34 years of martial arts training it was one of the best I've ever attended. The material was A++. If this seminar is ever held again I would highly recommend it!!

nuxia
04-21-2008, 05:58 PM
This sounds cool. Anybody know a place in NYC where a girl can train in close quarters weapons like these?

Ngfamilymember
04-21-2008, 08:13 PM
If this seminar is ever held again I would highly recommend it!!

More are comming! Another one is in the works that dig deeper in the actual combat usage of these knives...I'll post up more info once everything is crystal clear. Glad you enjoyed it. Take care.
-Ngfamilymember (aka Jeff)