PDA

View Full Version : Attention Laukarbo... Malaysian Hung Ga

diego
03-12-2008, 08:06 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=DPwNSi5hQ3E&feature=related

Does the Malaysian Hung Ga have any Hop Ga influences?

Laukarbo
03-12-2008, 08:49 PM
Hey Diego,

yes it does...although its pre wong fei hung..we have this form called Wun Jing Fook Fu Kuen and it has those long range upward swinging strikes..like pow choi while moving forward..then when going back the arms swing down again..Im pretty crap at discribing when I have time i will just film that technique and putit onto youtube..Im sure u will recognise it...anyway I believe that the pre wfh has less influence of hop gar than the Wong Fei Hung hung fist..
Im with one foot in the plane going to HK ..will ask my sifu there for more info.

diego
03-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Hey Diego,

yes it does...although its pre wong fei hung..we have this form called Wun Jing Fook Fu Kuen and it has those long range upward swinging strikes..like pow choi while moving forward..then when going back the arms swing down again..Im pretty crap at discribing when I have time i will just film that technique and putit onto youtube..Im sure u will recognise it...anyway I believe that the pre wfh has less influence of hop gar than the Wong Fei Hung hung fist..
Im with one foot in the plane going to HK ..will ask my sifu there for more info.

Dope:D...So, I always thought one guy from hop hung out with hung:) and that was that...it seems there was an exchange between schools, not just masters, over a long period of time is this correct?.

This is all very fascinating to me because the hop ga i do was blended with Kajukenbo which already has some blend of southern gung fu...so it's like in the 1800's hop ga exchanged with the south...in the 70's kaido put some hop ga back into the southern techniques within the kajukenbo...does this make any sence, lol?:) it's all quite interesting.

Have a good trip,

James

diego
03-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Great time for a plane ride:) take care mang.

Flu outbreak shuts Hong Kong schools for two weeks

2 hours, 40 minutes ago

HONG KONG (Reuters) - More than half a million Hong Kong schoolchildren stayed at home on Thursday after the government shut all kindergartens and primary schools for two weeks to contain an outbreak of flu.
ADVERTISEMENT

A government-appointed panel of experts is investigating the deaths of three children, aged 2, 3 and 7, over the last two weeks. All three had flu-like symptoms.

The health scare is not linked to bird flu in the former British colony where 21 birds were detected with the H5N1 virus last year.

But the government's decision on Wednesday night to close the schools brought back memories of 2003, when an outbreak of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome hit Hong Kong.

Experts say there was no reason to panic.

"This year, there seem to be slightly more flu cases. But from what I can see, we get a bad flu year every few years. I don't think it is very unusual or different from previous years," said Leo Poon, a virologist from the University of Hong Kong.

"As to whether these strains may be more severe, we have to sequence (analyze) them to see if there are any changes."

(Reporting by Tan Ee Lyn; E

diego
03-25-2008, 03:17 AM
To The Top :)

Great interview series update with your Sifu!.

diego
04-03-2008, 09:12 AM
To The Top :)

Great interview series update with your Sifu!.

bump bump, buka:cool:

Laukarbo
04-25-2008, 08:45 AM
yo Diego,

sorry been undercover for a while...(bird flu aftermath hahaha na just joking):D

heres a clip where u can see some parts of a pre wfh form,its actually the one where I think some movements resemble to hop gar..
check it out.. the guy in the clip learned this form within a weekso it doesnt look good yet..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ym5ah9jmA

diego
04-26-2008, 02:30 AM
yo Diego,

sorry been undercover for a while...(bird flu aftermath hahaha na just joking):D

heres a clip where u can see some parts of a pre wfh form,its actually the one where I think some movements resemble to hop gar..
check it out.. the guy in the clip learned this form within a weekso it doesnt look good yet..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ym5ah9jmA

Awesome man, this is just what I needed right now been bored:) Did a good hour of basics at the beach today, going back tomorrow. I need to watch this video a few times, it's interesting looking at Bak Hok videos online and Kaido's Kajukenbo Hop Gar videos...seeing they are so different but very similar:) Now I'm looking at Hung Ga and it has me thinking. Most Long Arm methods in the north us chambered fists or palm and fist outstretched. Hung Ga and Hop Ga are all about the Tiger Claw and Pheonix Eye fist or the Lama fist...is this like a gang hand from back in the day or was it just popular fighting frame in the South during the revolution?.
What fists did the Hung Ga GM's use before they shared with the Tibet fighters?...I'm guessing basic horse stance sun fist, bow stance cross fist...cat stance up cut...twist stance up cut...It was the Tiger Claws from Shaolin that made Hung Ga special along with the Iron Wire skill am I correct?...also did you guys get the steal stance back fists from Hop Ga?.

Gonna watch a few more times:cool: