PDA

View Full Version : Grandmaster Jim Fung 1970s Memorial Footage

Ernie
03-14-2008, 07:28 PM
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=9CFayWM-OPc

enjoy ;)

anerlich
03-14-2008, 08:26 PM
I lived in Canberra in the late 1970's and my KF instructor at the time, David Crook, was friendly with Jim's students there.

I saw some of that vid as excerpts from a longer film, with such vignettes as Karen Armstrong (I think that was her name, she was one of his top students at the time) beating up a couple of hoons in a muscle car who hassled her at a bus stop - they careered off with tyres squealing and V8 roaring, another guy who was walking around a pile of old tires at a dump kicking them and beating up in self defence some supervisory bully who was about to throw him off the dump, the scene where Jim beats up the three guys who tried to nick his stereo, etc.

Interesting stuff ... also shows how much easier it is to edit video than film :cool:

He visited Canberra that year also, and we went to his pretty impressive demo as well.

Liddel
03-14-2008, 09:47 PM
I saw some of that vid as excerpts from a longer film, with such vignettes as Karen Armstrong beating up a couple of hoons in a muscle car who hassled her at a bus stop - they careered off with tyres squealing and V8 roaring,

Sounds like another typical weekend on the four X in Auz eh Andrew :D
Let me guess.....was it a holden ? :rolleyes:
LOL

I took my girlfriend to the sunshine coast and gold coast a few years back, i was amazed at the amount of Jim Fung Wing Chun T-shirts i saw on people all over the place....
I guess he's quite big there huh ?

DREW

anerlich
03-14-2008, 10:48 PM
Sounds like another typical weekend on the four X in Auz eh Andrew :D
Let me guess.....was it a holden ? :rolleyes:
LOL

Yeah, a Monaro ... or was it a Falcon GT? :p

I took my girlfriend to the sunshine coast and gold coast a few years back, i was amazed at the amount of Jim Fung Wing Chun T-shirts i saw on people all over the place....
I guess he's quite big there huh ?

DREW

I went to Noosa with my missus in August last year - didn't see any. They might have all run away because I was wearing my Will-Machado BJJ T shirt though :D

(Not really - I never wear MA T shirts on the street - not an attention seeker, especially the wrong sort of attention)

He is/was fairly big in Sydney - one big school in the city and quite a few suburban. Turned out I'm training BJJ with one of his senior guys as a fellow student. Small world.