PDA

View Full Version : GM Lueng Lap Yau on Bak Hsing

Satori Science
03-15-2008, 05:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AATP_Fyt1qk

Its been my great honour and privilege to spend time with my Sigung in Vancouver this week, we discussed many things, he even took time out of his extremely busy business schedule to correct my fighting techniques & grant me this interview. :cool:

I would ask out of respect that should anything he says generate argument on issues unrelated to Bak Hsing or the discussion of CLF itself please start another thread to argue there. I have no interest in the political posturing that goes on here, if you listen carefully to the last minute of his interview, he shares his perspective on this type of public bravado.

enjoy,

jow yeroc
03-15-2008, 08:04 AM
Good stuff Satori. Keep the vids coming dawg!

nospam
03-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Word to all the Bak Hsing Kwoons around the world~

nospam
:cool:

Buck Sing Gwoon
03-16-2008, 01:33 AM
Well done Robert, keep up the good work!

Satori Science
03-16-2008, 05:18 PM
Awsome guys, thanks for the props.

Getting to meet Sigung was a blessing & a huge shot in the arm, we discussed many things and he gave me his blessing to open a kwoon, he even offered his assitance in getting started. Once I am finished my travling I will elaborae more but for the time being I will leave it at that as the best laid plans can often change.

I left Vancouver @ midnight last night on the redeye to Toronto & arrived in the West Indies late today. Training camp 2008 starts tommorow. Unfortunaley a poorly timed hip flexor pull prevented me from competing @ Tiger Balms. But I got a ton of priceless Sanda footage and had a fun day judging the Wushu forms divisions.

Also, my training brother Winterpalm showed up 100% ready to show and prove on Saturday for the Sanda and did jsut that:cool:, keep your eyes peeled for that footage.

banditshaw
03-16-2008, 09:31 PM
You guys are putting it down. Big respect!

Sung29
03-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Great stuff Satori! It's always a good lesson to listen to the senior Sifu's/Sigung's talk about their perspectives and experiences.

What I've come to really appreciate about Buck Sing/Bak Hsing CLF is (based on all the vids' and website info) how the philosophy, theory & application/techniques focuses on efficiency. Whether it be minimizing the number of "forms", or your overall perspective of martial arts (ie. no nonsense attitude). Would this be a fair assessment?

Anyway, looking forward to your next post.

Regards

WinterPalm
03-16-2008, 10:21 PM

Getting to meet Sigung was a blessing & a huge shot in the arm, we discussed many things and he gave me his blessing to open a kwoon, he even offered his assitance in getting started. Once I am finished my travling I will elaborae more but for the time being I will leave it at that as the best laid plans can often change.

I left Vancouver @ midnight last night on the redeye to Toronto & arrived in the West Indies late today. Training camp 2008 starts tommorow. Unfortunaley a poorly timed hip flexor pull prevented me from competing @ Tiger Balms. But I got a ton of priceless Sanda footage and had a fun day judging the Wushu forms divisions.

Also, my training brother Winterpalm showed up 100% ready to show and prove on Saturday for the Sanda and did jsut that:cool:, keep your eyes peeled for that footage.

Keep us updated on the training camp. There's nothing better than laying down a new track and picking things up and going in a new direction with training.

After the next week off of training (the past 7 weeks of brutal training have left me exhausted...not to mention being put through the paces Saturday, especially that groin shot!:eek:), I'll be regrouping and taking my training to new levels.

Props on the vid. You're meeting and training with a lot of people full of knowledge and skill and spreading the great word of kung fu across the land!:)

Satori Science
03-17-2008, 07:56 AM
What I've come to really appreciate about Buck Sing/Bak Hsing CLF is (based on all the vids' and website info) how the philosophy, theory & application/techniques focuses on efficiency. Whether it be minimizing the number of "forms", or your overall perspective of martial arts (ie. no nonsense attitude). Would this be a fair assessment?

Sounds about right to me man,

word

Satori Science
03-17-2008, 08:00 AM
Keep us updated on the training camp. There's nothing better than laying down a new track and picking things up and going in a new direction with training.

After the next week off of training (the past 7 weeks of brutal training have left me exhausted...not to mention being put through the paces Saturday, especially that groin shot!:eek:), I'll be regrouping and taking my training to new levels.

Props on the vid. You're meeting and training with a lot of people full of knowledge and skill and spreading the great word of kung fu across the land!:)

D,

forgot all about the shot to the nuts you took:eek: Still mine was better;)
I'll get @ you in the next week or two. Josh and I had a convo on you after your fights, by the time we cross hands again you'll be a total killing machine not a doubt in my mind. Rest up brother you deserve it, like I said to you after you fought, your my inspiration!

Unfortunaley the hip seems worse today than on Saturday, I got caught up discussing (ie showing out) Bak Sil Lum with a distant lineage relative at the tournament and aggravated it. Plus 10+ hours on planes and crashing in T.O. airport didn't help. So training is on hiatus for a few days to rest it up. I'll have to console myself @ the beach (I know I'm a jerk, sorry)

One:cool:

WinterPalm
03-17-2008, 09:45 AM
D,

forgot all about the shot to the nuts you took:eek: Still mine was better;)
I'll get @ you in the next week or two. Josh and I had a convo on you after your fights, by the time we cross hands again you'll be a total killing machine not a doubt in my mind. Rest up brother you deserve it, like I said to you after you fought, your my inspiration!

Unfortunaley the hip seems worse today than on Saturday, I got caught up discussing (ie showing out) Bak Sil Lum with a distant lineage relative at the tournament and aggravated it. Plus 10+ hours on planes and crashing in T.O. airport didn't help. So training is on hiatus for a few days to rest it up. I'll have to console myself @ the beach (I know I'm a jerk, sorry)

One:cool:

Yeah, your nut shot was pretty rough!

I much prefer going at it full tilt...to me sparring is putting together reflexs and techniques in a close to (but still far from) atmosphere as a fight. Blasting away without worry of hurting a friend or training partner is pretty fun, stressful, but fun!

Sucks about your hip, maybe there's some yoga out there?

Anyway, you went to the carribean and I went to the 'peg...I can't feel that sorry for you.:D

I look forward to seeing the vids from the Tiger Balms.

nospam
03-17-2008, 11:07 AM
..you went to the carribean and I went to the 'peg...I can't feel that sorry for you.

..no kidd'n. Send us a few snaps from the beach, yo. I'm just say'n...

nospam

Monkey Magic
03-17-2008, 06:38 PM

Getting to meet Sigung was a blessing & a huge shot in the arm, we discussed many things and he gave me his blessing to open a kwoon, he even offered his assitance in getting started. Once I am finished my travling I will elaborae more but for the time being I will leave it at that as the best laid plans can often change. .

Satori you have much love for cai li fo and big heart but your wrong intent. your cai li fo is skill level of student not Shifu. Your ging is like student, you play and understand like student only. Many better student have I seen on internet, Hung,Buk,Chan style.

Shifu is tytle of honor, much respect, make right decision, anwer question and responsible to style, students. Much knowledge must gain before title is received. you must train better waist understanding. Let ego not blind you.

As student you are good so this critisise not personal just help you train better and future can be Shifu.

nospam
03-17-2008, 06:52 PM
..yoda..??
:eek:
haha

nospam

Satori Science
03-18-2008, 04:42 AM
Satori you have much love for cai li fo and big heart but your wrong intent. your cai li fo is skill level of student not Shifu. Your ging is like student, you play and understand like student only. Many better student have I seen on internet, Hung,Buk,Chan style.

Shifu is tytle of honor, much respect, make right decision, anwer question and responsible to style, students. Much knowledge must gain before title is received. you must train better waist understanding. Let ego not blind you.

As student you are good so this critisise not personal just help you train better and future can be Shifu.

When did I call myself Sifu? & I suppose my ability to teach is up to those who I represent. Clearly someone has read my posts and created a troll to voice an opinion they dare not post themselves. I appreciate it and even agree that yes I am still a student, but as my sigung clearly pointed out to me as he introduced me to his caligraphy Sifu "so remember to stay humble, I am your Sigung but I am also a student"

In our style we believe that one learns and teaches simultaneously, the responsiiblity for my actions and word is mine but in future perhaps forward yourself instead of hiding behind a poor accent. I'm glad that you have seen many better than me on the interent, I'm sure it qualifies you to authorize me to to teach more than my Sifu and Sigung;)

For me as Mark Ho Sifu said in his interview, Sifu means some one who has spent years cultivating the life experience nessecary to impart a complete picture of life or at least a complete perspective to his studnets. At 24 years old I am still cultivating that for myself. But I'm a pretty good fighter and know how to teach:rolleyes:

Keepin The Faith:cool:

Drake
03-18-2008, 04:53 AM
I do like his screen name, though. Monkey Magic. Has a nice ring to it.

WinterPalm
03-18-2008, 08:47 AM
I'd say it's time for one of those prairie Bak Sing CLF jock and bag gloves only, and maybe rubber boots too, deatmatches! I'll ref or video.

Satori Science
03-18-2008, 09:26 AM
I'd say it's time for one of those prairie Bak Sing CLF jock and bag gloves only, and maybe rubber boots too, deatmatches! I'll ref or video.
Cheers bro, :D

This new vid isn't exactly southern but I thought the other Bak Hsing people out there would find it interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvsoqXgW75I

this one is another quick interview I shot with Sharif,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAIgdR-FLrI

enjoy

diego
03-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Cheers bro, :D

This new vid isn't exactly southern but I thought the other Bak Hsing people out there would find it interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvsoqXgW75I

this one is another quick interview I shot with Sharif,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAIgdR-FLrI

enjoy

interesting about the neural peptides...been doing this western fitness course, gotta pull out my anatomy almanac and check out this neural peptide line.

Thanks for sharing!.