PDA

View Full Version : In need of a bit of help

SUGREF
10-21-2001, 04:10 PM
Hi there!

I am kind of hoping that someone could perhaps give me some advice on meditation. Of late I have had little or no luck in 'post standing' qi gong meditation. I think I have forgotten what I should be doing and my mind is all over the place. All I end up doing is breathing unnaturally deeply and get sore arms.

Could someone please remind me what it is all about?

'He who says nothing, consents' JP Sartre

Castlevania
10-21-2001, 06:38 PM
I have done very little meditation,and some main rules are.
1.Relax,if your hands become sore,find another position for them,they may be lying on your thighs or something,depending on your position.
2.Don´t think(easy to say,though)breathing will become natural after some time.
3.Don´t eat meat before meditation(this is actually a question for the wise ones,why?)
Here we are.Hope this helps a bit.

Scott R. Brown
10-21-2001, 08:08 PM
SUGREF,

You may want to start with a simpler form of meditation such as sitting meditation. This will reduce the number of actions you are attempting to accomplish at one time. When you are better able to concentrate your attention then practice post standing.

Sincerely,

Scott

buddhistfist
10-21-2001, 09:09 PM
you shouldn't eat anything before meditation.

Nexus
10-22-2001, 02:57 AM
Might also want to add that doing meditation right after sex is not highly recommended either. Especially qi gong.

- Nexus

SUGREF
10-22-2001, 11:55 AM
After sex? How long afterwards, just as a matter of interest?

Also, does nei gong within a couple of hours of sex have detrimental effects on one's body?

'He who says nothing, consents' JP Sartre

Repulsive Monkey
10-22-2001, 02:00 PM
I was told by a fellow student that after doing the Deer form from the 5 animal Qi gong set, once shouldn't have sex for at 24 hours afterwards.

Nexus
10-22-2001, 05:50 PM
I would recommend putting at least a 5 hour gap between sex and any energy work, on your own body or on yourself.

There are several reasons for this, and this is often a hot subject so I won't get into the nitty gritty details of it, but in laymen terms you after sex, your body is depleted of a certain amount of qi (ie. semen), which is a life force, and should be given time to naturally rebuild. Usually I would say that a good rest between sex and meditation/qi gong would be beneficial as the during the time the body sleeps it does the most healing.

- Nexus

Scott R. Brown
10-23-2001, 05:49 AM
My Native American Medicine Man friend told me four days between sex and a a ritual involving spiritual energy.

Sinicerely,

Scott