View Full Version : Streetfighter - Legend of Chun Li

SevenStar
03-19-2008, 05:39 PM
http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e080319.html

Vash
03-19-2008, 06:24 PM
NO.

I mean, sex fantasy, yes, workable, no.

Bison, if it's that killer from Hitcher, is going to rock. Same with Balrog.

Everything else sucks.

sanjuro_ronin
03-20-2008, 04:22 AM
Wow, that casting sucks.
Sure I love to see KK in a skimpy mandarin dress but seriously, have you seen her fight in Smallville ?
Yikes !
Lana-Fu !

Now, the top of her head is beautiful to see...:D

GeneChing
03-20-2008, 09:20 AM
No one can do a better Streetfighter than Jackie (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/47757/jackie_chan_street_fighter/).

Kreuk was good as Snow White (http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4005/1wi8.jpg). Maybe she should take on Snow and the Seven (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50299).

bakxierboxer
03-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Kreuk was good as Snow White (http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4005/1wi8.jpg).

'Fess up!
You just liked the shot of her when she bent forward......... :D

BlueTravesty
03-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Looks interesting. Despite the interesting casting choices, it would take a very very very "special"* effort to make this worse than the Jean Claude Van Damme one.

I'd have to say, that Jackie Chan clip- was that from City Hunter?- is better than the other Street Fighter movie in its entirety. Any Street Fighter-based movie that shows Ryu as anything other than a total kick-butting-fighting god (I think he was some kind of petty con-artist in the movie) and has him taking a backseat to Guile is fraudulent and should be shunned at all costs.

*By "special" I mean in the same sense that some Education, and some Olympics are "special."

Zenshiite
03-24-2008, 02:38 PM
How can you make Chun Li the focus of this movie? And as for this movie at all.... WHY? Isn't Street Fighter kind of at the all-time low of its popularity? And didn't they learn from the last time they made a movie of this? Raul Julia? Van Damme? C'mon. News reporter Chun Li? How about that peice of crap that was DOA? I played DOA for one thing and one thing only, hilariously unrealistic breast physics. There weren't any actresses larger than a B cup in that movie.

I predict Street Fighter will suck, probably worse than the Van Damme stinker.

GeneChing
03-24-2008, 03:31 PM
I've never been a big fan of movies based on videogames, but D.O.A. (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46817) was very entertaining

SevenStar
03-25-2008, 11:32 AM
Any Street Fighter-based movie that shows Ryu as anything other than a total kick-butting-fighting god (I think he was some kind of petty con-artist in the movie) and has him taking a backseat to Guile is fraudulent and should be shunned at all costs.

you gotta remember though, in the original SFII and SFII championship edition, guile was the strongest character, and thus was immensely popular. That's always been my guess as to why they focused on him. Either that or they wantd to be different, since the game focuses on ryu. Of course, it's also possible that they just really wanted van damme, and couldn't have played ryu...

Overall, the casting for this new movie doesn't impress me, but michael clarke duncan will be a badass balrog.

Zenshiite
03-25-2008, 05:38 PM
I've never been a big fan of movies based on videogames, but D.O.A. (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46817) was very entertaining

In what way? Don't get me wrong... Jaime Pressley plays a white trash wrestler girl great! She's an awesome white trash trailer park girl in My Name Is Earl. She does what she knows!

Still, I felt DOA was weak. Of course, the games have WAAAAAAY less story than Mortal Kombat. I was bummed that my favorite video game character of all time... Ryu Hayabusa of Ninja Gaiden fame... had almost nothing and didn't look cool at all. For shame young Kosugi, for shame!

GeneChing
10-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Meanwhile, here's an odd Japanese promo (http://streetfighter-movie.gyao.jp/) of Streetfighter: The Legend of Chun Li.

ShawnObi
12-29-2008, 06:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9jhMwF-Q28&feature=channel_page

doug maverick
12-29-2008, 06:40 PM
booooo!!!! that sh!t is whack. which why i didnt bother posting it.

RAYNYSC
12-29-2008, 09:28 PM
I second Dougs sentiment on this one....

SimonM
12-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Although she is attractive I don't know what is worse:

Watching Kristen Kreuk try to act for 1.5 hours straight or watching Kristen Kreuk pretend she knows anything about martial arts.

The "Lana-Fu" bits of smallville represent the single most whack fight coreography in any major network program.

Shaolinlueb
01-15-2009, 10:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1DxKVLVOJ4&fmt=18

looks better then the street fighter 2 movie with van ****e.

ktkungfu
01-31-2009, 05:18 PM
Just saw the trailer looks chezzy!

GeneChing
02-26-2009, 11:23 AM
If you meant cheesey, yea, I have a few thoughts on Kristen Kreuk and nachos (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37625)....
:p

New Street Fighter Anime Movie Announced (http://www.animenation.net/blog/2009/02/23/new-street-fighter-anime-movie-announced/)

The official Japanese website for the Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li film has announced that Japanese theatrical screenings will be followed by a short new Street Fighter anime feature produced by Studio 4°C. The supplemental anime film will feature the fighting schoolgirl character Sakura Kasugano. The double bill premieres in Japanese theaters on the 28th.

Studio 4°C recently produced the anime footage included in console versions of the Street Fighter IV game, and the 65 minute long Street Fighter IV: Arutanaru Kizuna OVA included in limited edition copies of the Street Fighter IV game for the Xbox 360 and PS3.

doug maverick
02-26-2009, 03:58 PM
this film just seems so bad bad bad....i never like to pre judge. but yea horrible. even the additions of robin shou and kane kosugi dont change my mind. ill wait till this thing goes to the 2 dollar movie theater over in new jersey before i watch it. and even still ill buy a ticket for another movie and sneek in.

GeneChing
02-26-2009, 05:02 PM
...there were no screeners, which is always a bad sign. When promoters aren't confident in the film, they don't hold screeners in an effort to stave off the bad reviews until after the film opens.

Nevertheless, we have an 'official' review. STREET FIGHTER: Robin Shou at it a-GEN (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=805) by Dr. Craig Reid just went live.

Hey Doug. I'll race you to the first review.
NOT! ;)

doug maverick
02-27-2009, 11:18 AM
...there were no screeners, which is always a bad sign. When promoters aren't confident in the film, they don't hold screeners in an effort to stave off the bad reviews until after the film opens.

Nevertheless, we have an 'official' review. STREET FIGHTER: Robin Shou at it a-GEN (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=805) by Dr. Craig Reid just went live.

Hey Doug. I'll race you to the first review.
NOT! ;)

usually i lways race to get the first review of films gene. but you can have it.lol, a friend of mine actually thinks this film is going to do some box office. mainly because the so called film analyst have been dead wrong for the last year and a half or so. thy expected tyler perry's film madea goes to jail to open up at 12 mil and it blew them away by opening up at 41million. same thing for the friday the thriteenth movie the week before and there are numerous other cases. but here's the thing this movie hasn't a leg to stand on really, its predecessor was horrible, they once again ignored the fan favorites and the main **** characters of the game ryu and ken. i mean honestly how freaking hard is that to make into a bad ass modern day martial arts film. i mean even the premise that dr. reid put in his articles reeks of garbage.

GeneChing
02-27-2009, 12:20 PM
Hollywood has been talking about the bumper month they've had with Feb. When the economy is down, the film industry offers some solace. Taken (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=801) did really well. However, there's been no press on this that I've seen - no ad campaigns, no screeners, nothing. Craig couldn't even secure an interview through proper press channels and had to call in a favor with Robin, who is a personal friend. So we'll see.

Perhaps this will be a race to see who sees it last. No cheating now, doug. Review it here when you see it. I'll do likewise. If I see it...

Meanwhile, first review is up for grabs. Anyone?

doug maverick
02-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Hollywood has been talking about the bumper month they've had with Feb. When the economy is down, the film industry offers some solace. Taken (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=801) did really well. However, there's been no press on this that I've seen - no ad campaigns, no screeners, nothing. Craig couldn't even secure an interview through proper press channels and had to call in a favor with Robin, who is a personal friend. So we'll see.

Perhaps this will be a race to see who sees it last. No cheating now, doug. Review it here when you see it. I'll do likewise. If I see it...

Meanwhile, first review is up for grabs. Anyone?

yeah take did a amazing considering it was leaked over a year ago. and to think they were going to send it straight to dvd because of the leak. now its almost done 100million.

SimonM
02-27-2009, 01:59 PM
I saw a clip. It looked like total drek.

Kristen Kreuk is a pretty girl but she moves like a bag of loosely connected sticks.

sanjuro_ronin
02-27-2009, 02:00 PM
I saw a clip. It looked like total drek.

Kristen Kreuk is a pretty girl but she moves like a bag of loosely connected sticks.

She needs a good ****ing !
:D

SimonM
02-27-2009, 02:03 PM
How would that help the rigidity of her wire-fu?

sanjuro_ronin
02-27-2009, 02:05 PM
How would that help the rigidity of her wire-fu?

It wouldn't hurt.
Besides, a good anal pounding can loosen her up a bit !

SimonM
02-27-2009, 02:07 PM
Good use of the setup line. But I would have said "Nothing, but, so what, that doesn't change my statement."

sanjuro_ronin
02-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Good use of the setup line. But I would have said "Nothing, but, so what, that doesn't change my statement."

Fine, lets agree that she needs a good pounding in as many orifices as can be pounded and that it will help her Wire fu.
I would volunteer, but I'd break the poor thing.
:p

SimonM
02-27-2009, 02:19 PM
My wife would not be cool with me offering my services. :p

doug maverick
02-27-2009, 03:13 PM
My wife would not be cool with me offering my services. :p

see simon if you had game you would talk your wife into offering up her services, while you watch or join in. ok this thread is getting way way to dirty.

SimonM
02-27-2009, 03:23 PM
What was your first clue?

Zenshiite
02-28-2009, 12:32 AM
Wow... that was quite the turn.:eek:

doug maverick
03-01-2009, 01:12 PM
well just a small announcement. this movie to no surprise to anyone flopped big time. making only 4.5 million, those were probably just the lil smallville fan boys.

Zenshiite
03-01-2009, 08:18 PM
You mean this movie opened this weekend? Huh... didn't even realize.

GeneChing
03-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Coming in at #8, Chun-Li is barely in the game...:rolleyes:

1 Tyler Perry's Madea Goes to Jail
2 Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience
3 Slumdog Millionaire
4 Taken
5 He's Just Not That Into You
6 Paul Blart: Mall Cop
7 Coraline Focus
8 Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li

Kreuk brings girl power to 'Street Fighter' flick (http://www.syracuse.com/vadeboncoeur/index.ssf?/base/entertainment-1/1236074159174100.xml&coll=1)

Girl power. You don't see it often in martial-arts films, unless they're imported from Asia. But "Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li" delivers it in huge doses and with an American actress.

In the title role of Chun-Li is Kristin Kreuk, a pert face with a body that handles the rough stuff and, when it can't, a director and editor who know how to integrate the stunt doubles seamlessly into the film.

As a child, Chun-Li has been trained in the martial arts by her father, a man whose business is mysterious and who is spirited away from home one day. After years of believing him dead, she is drawn back to Bangkok, where it appears he is held captive. She links with a martial-arts expert who formerly worked for the villain (steely, piercing blue-eyed Neal McDonough, a Syracuse University drama graduate).

Chun-Li also is aided by Interpol agent Nash (an almost unrecognizable Chris Klein of the "American Pie" franchise) and his cop detective partner. This duo isn't really necessary for the transfer of the video game to the big screen. But it also doesn't kill the adventure, just slows it down.
"a pert face with a body that handles the rough stuff" yea, you boys just run with that...:p

GeneChing
03-03-2009, 10:28 AM
"Why should anyone go see 'Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li'?" That's the question we're all asking...:rolleyes:

Black Eyed Peas' Taboo Talks 'Street Fighter' (http://www.blackvoices.com/blogs/2009/02/27/black-eyed-peas-taboo-talks-street-fighter/)
Posted Feb 27th 2009 3:28PM by Wilson Morales
Filed under: It's All Reel, Entertainment

Coming out this week is the film inspired by the video game. It features Taboo (Jaime Gomez) as the assassin Vega. The Black Eyed Peas member is no stranger to the film world, having done smaller roles in films such as 2005's 'Dirty' with Cuba Gooding, Jr. and 2007's 'Cosmic Radio' with Michael Madsen. This is by far his biggest role to date.

In the film, female fighter Chun-Li (Kristin Kreuk) embarks on a quest for justice and encounters Vega in one amazing fight scene.

Also starring in the film are Michael Clarke Duncan, Neal McDonough, Chris Klein, Moon Bloodgood, Edmund Chen, Cheng Pei Pei, Josie Ho and Robin Shou.

Taboo recently spoke to Black Voices about his role in the film and his upcoming album.

How did the role come about for you?

Taboo: I actually auditioned for it. My agent had informed me that there was an opportunity for me to be in the film. Like other actors, we audition for roles and try not to think about it. It's up to the casting people. I find that you can give a great performance, but it may not be what they are looking for. It's visual and imagery as well that come into play. So, I didn't think about it, and then six or seven months later, I get a call letting me know that I would be going to Thailand to play the role of Vega.

How much did you know about the video game?

Taboo: Growing up as a kid, I always loved anything that dealt with martial arts, whether it was video games like Street fighter, Tekken or Mortal Kombat or black belt theater like ninja and Bruce Lee films. Everything that encompasses martial arts, I was a part of it. I took Tae Kwon Do when I was 12 years old. For those who don't know, I've always thrown some martial arts form in the videos or on stage when we performed.

What inspired you to go out for this?

Taboo: We have a lot of Latinos in the martial arts world, but we are not represented on the big screen. We have artists, musicians and actors who have been talked about, but no martial arts guys. I want to change that.

What's your favorite martial arts film?

Taboo: My favorite martial arts film is 'The Master of the Flying Guillotine.'

How was wearing the costume?

Taboo: It was amazing. They molded my face before I went to Thailand, and it was pretty amazing to have 17 different masks to choose from. I also had this Spanish sword, and every time I put the mask on with it, I became Vega.

How long did you train for the fight scenes?

Taboo: I trained for two months before we shot the scene with my trainer. When we started to shoot the scene, the stunt coordinator walked me through every step. He was a bit patient with me because this is my first major action film. He took his time, and I appreciated that because he's a master at his profession. He's worked on 'The Matrix' with Keanu Reeves, 'Romeo Must Die' and countless Jet Li films. Just to learn from him was a thrilling experience.

Although you don't have scenes with everyone, how was working with the cast on this film?

Taboo: Hands down, a great cast. Most of my scenes were with Kristin Kreuk, but being at the press junket, I was able to meet Chris Klein and Michael Clarke Duncan, who had came to one of my concerts before we shot the film just to meet me. The cast was great, and I'm looking forward to doing more films.

This is a big year for you and another band mate, Will.i.am, who's appearing in the 'Wolverine' film this summer.

Taboo: For me, I've always been in the martial arts world, so it was an easy transition, and I always knew this was something I wanted to do. With Will.i.am's situation, he landed a big role with the X-Men film, and I'm so proud of him. He also did a voice-over in the 'Madagascar' sequel. I actually encouraged him and the rest of the band to get into acting. I went to acting school for three years. I didn't come out with a solo record, because I knew this film was coming out, and also if the Peas could come out with another record, and I could piggyback on that, in terms of financing my solo projects, then I could do more films and work on the soundtrack.

What's next for you?

Taboo: I have the new Black Eyed Peas album coming out on June 9, and it's titled 'The E.N.D.' It's an acronym for 'The Energy Never Dies,' but it doesn't signify the end of the group.

What's different from the last album?

Taboo: There's the personal experiences that we had individually, such as Fergie going out and succeeding with 'The Duchess' record, and Will.i.am doing the 'Yes I Can' campaign, me doing the film and Apl.de.ap doing his thing in the Philippines. We're putting what we did away into the next record. Also, there's more for the club bangers with dance music. It's more of the 'Let's Get It Started' atmosphere. Also, me and my wife are expecting a child on July 25. I am a full-time parent now, and once the album comes, I'll be back into Peas mode.

Why should anyone go see 'Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li'?

Taboo: You have to go see the film because Kristin Kreuk is a rising superstar. Although most people know her from 'Smallville,' in this film, she takes no prisoners. This film is also nothing in comparison to the first film with Jean-Claude Van Damme. No disrespect to that film, but that movie was cheesy and cornball, so people were tainted with the 'Street Fighter' name. Raul Julia was an amazing actor and, hands down, he was brilliant, but in this film, Vega is much more menacing and not comical. The martial arts sequences are incredible, and I look forward to the second one.

Exadon
03-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Street Fighter: The legend of Chung li

Seems like it got crap reiviews. Has anyone seen this movie and can say if the Movie is as bas as the reviews make it out to be?

SimonM
03-03-2009, 01:42 PM
Look 6 subject headings down.

You don't even NEED the search function for this one.

Can we get a merge up in here?

AdrianK
03-03-2009, 02:17 PM
This film is also nothing in comparison to the first film with Jean-Claude Van Damme.

I agree. The first film was much better. Bad as that movie was, it actually paid homage to the fans with numerous tie-ins to the game. In this movie we got, what? Chun Li, Charlie(WTF??? Horrible character to begin with. Horrible acting. Horrible dialogue. Horrible everything.), Gen(Robin Shou was awesome though, aside from the corny fireballs they added in), an M. Bison who was nowhere near as great as Raul Julia(though admittedly, Raul Julia was too great of an actor to be easily replaced), a Balrog who was a slugger and not a boxer, and a Rose who did absolutely nothing.

Not to mention, Vega was a crappy imitation ninja, instead of a proud spanish bullfighter. He looked absolutely nothing like his character in the games. They even got the **** claw, wrong.

SimonM
03-03-2009, 03:30 PM
And the headlining stars are a TV starlet (pretty but rather talentless) and Taboo from the Black Eyed Peas....

WinterPalm
03-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Maybe they'll make a sequel and Sanjuro will direct it and we'll see that arse smashing.:)

GeneChing
03-03-2009, 05:29 PM
...I thought she was quite good as Snow White. Maybe she should be cast as Snow and the Seven (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50299). Plus she's hapa, and I have a soft spot for hapa because I'm one too.

I see why Craig went with Robin for his review. He always tries to be kind that way.

And I have to confess, Taboo being in it makes me want to see it more.

sanjuro_ronin
03-04-2009, 07:07 AM
Maybe they'll make a sequel and Sanjuro will direct it and we'll see that arse smashing.:)

They couldn't afford my salary :D

Shaolinlueb
03-04-2009, 09:47 AM
i am going to see this. just because.

Exadon
03-04-2009, 10:23 AM
Look 6 subject headings down.

You don't even NEED the search function for this one.

Can we get a merge up in here?

ooops :( my bad haha. I so missed that

GeneChing
03-04-2009, 10:49 AM
...after all, Kristen made the cover of IKF. So did Taboo for that matter...;)

Let's look at Josie Ho (is that a great name or what?)

Wednesday March 4, 2009
Josie Ho gears up for action in Street Fighter (http://star-ecentral.com/news/story.asp?file=/2009/3/4/movies/3386165&sec=movies)
By SETO KIT YAN

Hong Kong heiress Josie Ho packs in more than a powerful punch in the Hollywood flick, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li.

Two years ago, she was listed by the American publishing and media company, Forbes, in its Top 10 most successful business heiresses as well as its Top 10 most intriguing billionaire heiresses.

Josie Ho Chiu-Yi – the daughter of Macau casino tycoon Stanley Ho who is one of Hong Kong’s richest men – is not your typical heiress. This 34-year-old is a rocker, model and award-winning actress with several films and commercials to her credit.

Making her film debut in the early 1990s, Ho has appeared in over 40 movies and received several nominations; she was adjudged Best Supporting Actress for the comedy Naked Ambition in 2003 at the Hong Kong Film Awards, and the AIDS-themed Forever and Ever in 2001 at the Golden Bauhinia Awards.

This year she makes her Hollywood debut in Andrzej Bartkowiak’s Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li as the beautiful but deadly Cantana – a character as kickass as she is badass.

Tagged as one of the summer blockbusters of the year, The Legend of Chun-Li promises to bring a new dimension to the well-loved Street Fighter franchise that will surprise gamers and non-gamers alike.

Adapted from the famous series of street fighting video games, the film zooms in on female fighter Chun-Li (played by Smallville’s charming Kristin Kreuk), an undercover Interpol agent whose father (played by Edmund Chen) has been held against his will.

Aiding Chun-Li in her quest for justice is Chinatown businesswoman Zhilan (Cheng Pei Pei) and the mysterious Gen (Robin Shou) who becomes her kungfu master. The forces of evil in the movie are symbolised by crime syndicate Shadaloo headed by big boss Bison (Neal McDonough) with the help of Balrog (Michael Clarke Duncan), Vega (Taboo of Black-Eyed Peas), and Cantana (Ho).

The US$60mil (RM222mil) action flick was shot in Thailand, Hong Kong, Canada and the United States.

In a phone interview from Hong Kong last week, Ho admitted that this wasn’t really her first Hollywood movie.

“I had a cameo role in Wayne Wang’s Chinese Box in 1997, which starred Jeremy Irons and Gong Li. But this is my first supporting role in a Hollywood film.”

The film’s explosive martial arts battle scenes are very realistic, with special effects used to enhance the fights and signature set pieces designed to please Street Fighter fans as well as action-movie audiences new to the franchise.

The action scenes were designed with the help of renowned martial arts choreographer Dion Lam (The Matrix trilogy, Spiderman 2). Lam led a team of martial arts and stunt experts who helped put the cast through their fighting sequences.

It had been some time since Ho has had any action roles and she admitted that Street Fighter was quite challenging.

“I had to spend some time in Thailand training and practising. Fight scenes are usually very demanding and the ones one usually sees are mostly achieved by using inserts to splice different scenes together,” Ho explained.

“But the director saw that Kristin and I were fine with the action so he tried to preserve the flow and kept the cameras rolling. We had to complete almost six to seven moves while four cameras followed us. It’s actually very demanding and energy-sapping to film like that.”

In one scene, Ho’s Cantana has a duel with Kreuk’s Chun-Li in a restroom.

“She not only had to crash through a glass door in that scene and break it; her back also had to ram into the wall behind it. We ended up shooting that scene 35 times!” Ho revealed. “I gave it my all and kicked her real hard each time. When filming fight scenes, we didn’t hold back. Otherwise, it wouldn’t have looked authentic and audiences wouldn’t be convinced.”

Ho said that she was worried about causing injury and had asked Kreuk to use protective padding but Kreuk wouldn’t hear of it.

“She insisted it didn’t hurt at all so she didn’t use the padding. For me, however, the pain was very real.

“We’d usually wear some padding on our elbows and knees or waist during the fight scenes but, unfortunately, in that one scene, my evening gown did not allow for it. They did, however, fix padding over the sink to cushion my landing.”

Ho said that after filming that scene she was “so covered in bruises that I looked like a Dalmation!”

Like other Hong Kong stars who are eyeing the Hollywood scene, Ho intends to set up base in the United States and looks forward to getting more Hollywood film projects in the future.

She says she is already in negotiations for another Hollywood movie, perhaps a more dramatic role. “If the deal goes through, filming is set to begin in May.”

“I personally prefer New York but for work, Los Angeles is best. My husband likes its healthy vibes – in LA, people get up early and exercise in the morning,” said Ho who is married to Conroy Chan Chi-Chung, a Chinese-Australian filmmaker and musician from Hong Kong indie rock band Alive. “People in LA even have breakfast meetings – that’s unheard of in Hong Kong! I would still return to Hong Kong for music though.”

Following the promotion of her Mandarin album Elastic Rock in mainland China, Ho is set to begin recording her next album where she plans to sing in several languages.

Apart from music, she is also excited about a new film project. “My husband and I are producing a movie together presently. We’re exploring a new genre which we’d categorise as horror for now. The film can be considered a breakthrough and the character is one I’ve never played before. He’ll be working behind the scenes while I’ve started on characterisation as we’re set to begin filming in a few days.”

Ho hopes to release the film by year end or latest by the beginning of next year.

Catch Josie Ho in action in Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, now showing at cinemas nationwide.

After Cheng Pei Pei's (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=333) cameo in Carradine's Kung Fu Killer (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=779) and now this, what next for her?

Who’s who in Street Fighter (http://star-ecentral.com/news/story.asp?file=/2009/3/4/movies/3396999&sec=movies)

# Filmmaker Andrzej Bartkowiak is a renowned cinematographer-turned-director whose directorial credits include Jet Li-starrers Romeo Must Die (2000) and Cradle 2 the Grave (2003). “I wanted audiences to enjoy the film as a ride, because it’s designed to be that kind of movie. It’s definitely for friends of the franchise, but I also wanted it to be more than a typical video game-to-film adaptation. The characters and emotions will bring in new fans who don’t know the game.”

# Canadian actress Kristin Kreuk (Smallville) plays Chun Li, a pretty half-Asian/half-Caucasian concert pianist who gave up a life of privilege to become a streetfighter, battling for those who cannot fight for themselves. “It was a lot of wirework, dives, front kicks, side kicks and fan kicks outward and inward.”

# Michael Clarke Duncan is Balrog, a massively-built enforcer of crime syndicate Shadaloo. “The only character I used (in the game) was Balrog. He was always my favourite – and he looked a little like me!”

# Neal McDonough is Bison, big boss of Bangkok crime syndicate Shadaloo, who is intent on taking over the slums of the Thai capital. “Bison is an entertaining villain. But what makes him great is the way in which he unravels.”

# Chris Klein is Interpol agent Charlie Nash, who joins forces with detective Maya Sunee to topple Bison and his crime syndicate. “Charlie is known for shooting it up when the going gets tough, with his Walther P99. You’re never sure what he’s going to do next.”

# A professional dancer-turned-actress with striking Korean/Dutch/Irish features, Moon Bloodgood is gangland homicide detective Maya Sunee. “I was actually getting paid to go to Thailand to practise with police officers. I was in heaven.”

# Singer Taboo of hip-hop quartet Black-Eyed Peas is the assassin Vega, a masked talon-wielding warrior whose weapon is tailor-made for slashing and stabbing attacks.

# Hong Kong-born US-based actor Robin Shou (Mortal Kombat, Death Race) is Chun Li’s mysterious kungfu master Gen, who was once a feared criminal but now fights for the forces of good.

# Singapore-based actor Edmund Chen is Chun Li’s businessman father Huang, who gets abducted by crime boss Bison to capitalise on his business connections.

# Queen of Swords Cheng Pei Pei is Chinatown businesswoman Zhilan, who translates the scroll’s secret message to Chun Li prompting her to shift base from Hong Kong to the slums of Bangkok.

SPJ
07-14-2011, 08:03 AM
anyone seen this.

apparently it will be many sequels.

I like it better than kill bill 1, 2, 3

--

what do you think?

SPJ
07-14-2011, 08:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqgQLSQwJDc

SimonM
07-14-2011, 08:12 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

sanjuro_ronin
07-14-2011, 08:22 AM
There was a Kill Bill 3 ????????

SPJ
07-14-2011, 08:30 AM
I do not like kill bill for many reasons

i dun mind slicing and dicing, eye poking and such

i do mind

1. student poisoned teacher

2. girl friend killing ex boy friend

the only ethics in kill bill

1. life long loyalty to your assassin gang as in the old time

2. avenge at all costs, (you know sometimes 2 wrongs do not make it right)

--

I like chun li

1, father loves daughter

2. daughter loves father

excellent family values/ethics

plus

1 teacher helps and guides the student, at critical moments with patience

2. student loyal and loves teacher

3. the order of web against organized crime

unlike

in kill bill, a near death wedded wife personal revenge and killing former boss/teacher/father and all former associates

--

SPJ
07-14-2011, 03:42 PM
There was a Kill Bill 3 ????????

oops. my bad.

I always like police story.

so there are this interpol officer and thai police woman in "legend of chun li"

me like much.

GeneChing
01-10-2014, 06:14 PM
I watched most of it on Xfinity.

O
M
G

It was horrible. Jackie played Chun Li better than Kristen. Seriously. Watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Psls1ngwM
I never understood this scene but people who played SF told me it was hilarious.

I didn't even make it to the end. But I watched enough of it to claim an earlier review than doug maverick. :p The only way doug can redeem himself is to watch it all the way through and review the ending. But he's probably not going to fall into that trap, no matter how much I bait him. I'd have better luck tricking him into watching more Chinese hip hop (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?53875-Chinese-Zodiac-Armour-of-God-3&p=1257383#post1257383). Good on ya, Doug!

Notably, there was a bit of yinshougun (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?48637-Yin-shou-gun) in it.

GeneChing
01-29-2014, 02:17 PM
...and because it's trending and topical...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4luHEVjqKA

GeneChing
09-06-2017, 08:28 AM
Be as Pretty as Jackie Chan in new "Street Fighter" Lingerie (http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/09/05-1/be-as-pretty-as-jackie-chan-in-new-street-fighter-lingerie)
Chun Li and Cammy designs now available.
Kara Dennison
September 05, 2017 8:10pm PDT (12 hours ago)

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/e8ba3cbc6d94ccebd28e54070829fdcb1504651198_full.pn g
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire3/d37df7f5a415f8868f5609ff795ff4671504652612_large.p ng

From the team that brought you IDOLM@STER shoes and heart-breakingly beautiful Utena jewelry comes a combination of comfortable and kick-ass. CAPCOM and fashion site Super Groupies have teamed up to create Street Fighter lingerie, modeled after fan favorites Chun Li and Cammy.

http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire2/46a4ca54b46c631db31428fe15f15d921504651522_full.jp g

The blue satin Chun Li set (three pieces) has two ribbons on the bra straps, underwire on the bra, and gold finish on the bra and skirt. Plain blue panties aren't visible, but are included to wear under the skirt.

Cammy's set, as one might expect, is built more for comfort, with a padded bra rather than an underwire. The moss green with red trim is evocative of her leotard, trimmed with camo edging.

The Chun Li set is 8,800 yen, and the Cammy set is 7,800 yen.

No word yet on if we'll be getting a Zangief set.

>> Street Fighter Lingerie Order Page (https://www.super-groupies.com/feature/detail.php?id=459)

The title of this article should need no explanation, but if you're a nooB here, here's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtfNOd33GLM