PDA

View Full Version : CVapoeira = The deadly

sanjuro_ronin
03-20-2008, 08:19 AM
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=E1CRuWusKoE

Man killed in the Capoeira "circle".

SevenStar
03-24-2008, 02:37 PM
the roda seems harmless as it's usually seen done with no contact, but oftentimes contact is made - both intentionally and accidentally. And since Capoeira IS a martial art, of course such a thing could happen.

sanjuro_ronin
03-25-2008, 04:21 AM
the roda seems harmless as it's usually seen done with no contact, but oftentimes contact is made - both intentionally and accidentally. And since Capoeira IS a martial art, of course such a thing could happen.

I've seen the Roda taken to the extreme and all **** breaking loose, and its about time goddamit !!

:)

Askari Hodari
06-09-2008, 06:21 PM
I know of schools that regularly have fight rodas.

I can post some youtube clips of some schools who fully advocate full-contact rodas.

Shaolin Wookie
06-14-2008, 10:44 AM

MAn, a roda can get to your head though. Especially if it's between two different schools. It's the trickery, and if you hold back and the other guy starts making small contact to prove his "smarts", you've got to go right back to save face. I've seen some heated capoeira rodas.

But hey, if you schiva the wrong way or hesitate, you'll get your clock cleaned for sure.

mawali
06-15-2008, 05:59 PM
The background of capoeira and the roda is many times, an example of the discipline (at least, should be) of the fighter and his skill. In the old days, an undisciplined fighter, who hit another on purpose, or by accident, was to be avoided.
With the advent of physical education and academic 'credentialling', the split became more evident and the skill of the adept, more dubious because people had to hurt another in an attempt to be better.