PDA

View Full Version : anthrax

o
10-25-2001, 04:29 AM
So, there has been a lot of anthrax coverage as of late (i.e. in the US). Can we, as qi-gong'ers, do anything to safeguard our bodies against anthrax or other deadly stuff? Wong Kiew Kit likes to say that his qigong can help one overcome so-called incurable diseases. Mr. Falun Gong says that his people cannot fall to illness (if they practice correctly). So does anybody out there know of some secret alchemy that guarantees immunity to anthrax?

Nexus
10-25-2001, 04:38 AM
Qi gong is wonderful for health, and promotes an immune system that is well functioning. Although it is great for mental/physical balances, it does not provide that protection although we would like to hear that it would to make ourselves feel safer and/or further distances from this anthrax issue. That is no reason not to practice though, as it is designed as a preventative method for many other illnesses.

Western medicine does although have some treatments for the skin form of anthrax. Inhilation anthrax usually sends someone to the hospital and there is no cure for it.

- Nexus

Scott R. Brown
10-25-2001, 05:37 AM
Two people have recently surrvived the inhalation anthrax. It is very uncommon, but it is possible.

The best thing anyone can do is to maintain a healthy immune system. Eat properly, get plenty of rest, exercise, eat natural foods, raw fruits and vegetables, and drink plenty of water.

Sincerely,
Scott

tanglangman
10-27-2001, 11:22 PM
It is possible to survive the inhaled version of anthrax as long as you are treated within a few hours of inhalation.

Kristoffer
10-28-2001, 08:09 PM
Man this is scary **** :( Im glad I dont live in USA right now..

~K~
"maybe not in combat..... but think of the chicks man, the chicks!"

shaolinboxer
10-29-2001, 05:56 PM
I work in a skyscraper next above one of the two train stations, between the Empire State Building and the city's largest post office.

I know people who have already been on cipro treatment, and I hear it's quite harsh. None of them have actually had anthrax.

I also handle all of my offices incoming mail.

It is unnerving. Thankfully, Kung Fu online is distracting enough to keep me from running screaming from my desk after the 30th person says, "hey did you hear that woman got inhalation anthrax and nobody knows how...."

CD Lee
10-29-2001, 06:15 PM
If you are seriously concerned about mail contamination, iron your mail, and use light steam. The Russian biologists that devised the most potent Antrhrax weapons say this is exactly how to kill Anthrax in the mail.

That may be a little weird, but who cares??? Your in New York baby!!! Go the the East Village, or Chelsea or Greenwich Village. It is normal to be weird.

I just spent a year there working on 14 st, and came back to TX the week before the boming. I was horrified to say the very least as I used to stare at those towers every single day from our 19th floor with some friends. I never got tired of looking at those huge towers. They were in a word, 'Amazing'

denali
11-01-2001, 11:11 PM
You'll notice that postal workers were infected with anthrax. They didn't open the mail, so how is handling the mail and then ironing it going to help?