PDA

View Full Version : Repulsive Monkey - may I ask ...

prana
10-27-2001, 02:47 AM
Hi there

If you had a few minutes, may I ask of your knowledge.

I remember a few threads ago, you mentioned, that supressing emotions are like causing yourself to become of sickness. Although I have not fully experienced, it is taught, that karma manifests as blockages of energy wind paths. This makes sense, as each reaction of like and hate, manifests as a sensation somewhere in the body and causes irregularities the breathe. What are your views on this ?

You also mention that when one is sick, one may be lacking Qi in certain parts of the body, or certain elements. How does one replenish or build Qi to this specific part of the body to revitalise ? Such as say, if ones "fire" element are not functioning correctly, so to speak.

In the most universal teaching of Buddhism, performing wholesome actions energises the 'kundalini' of the body. What are your thoughts regarding this ? And through experience, all things are suddenly so much more beautiful, so delusional are these eyes which I have...

On the mirror of this, and this through a certain experiences, when I become angry, much unwholesome energy travels through the entire body, and sits in various (or all) parts of the body. The view of all things through the eyes are shades gloomier.

I would much appreciative of your thoughts on these :) Thanks in advance...

I too, would like to be able to heal people one day. But mine is an all too slow approach :D

prana
10-27-2001, 10:00 AM
I received my second empowerment this afternoon. I am so fortunate, I now have highest karmic ties. One more step to learning how to heal for me :) Looks like we are walking along a smilar path.

Repulsive Monkey
10-30-2001, 12:37 PM
Suppressed or even over active emotions I find most definitely cause Qi stagnation or even Qi defciencies due to their ntures and disruptive activities. It is said that Shock trauma scatters Qi, Deression/Grief dissolves Qi, Joy Loosens Qi, pensiveness and over thinking Knots Qi etc. All these things have a particular disruptive nature and therefore in its own way creates blockage/stagnation. It is true in some cases that some Cancers have been diagnosed as long term emotional suppression. In cases like that emotions can trully "kill you".

When energies do run down in Chinese Medicine the general term to re balance it would be to Tonify the element (it its 5 - Element style medicine) or the organ and its spirit. If as you say the Fire is run down it maybe that the element that comes before it is stuck therefore the natural course of energy cannot push past that element. The element before it is Wood. Anger being Wood can also say why angry people sometimes can have great difficulties in being naturally happy. If the Fire element and its organs are too much they made need passifying or Sedation.

Prana there was something you said about the eyes and Anger which was very interesting. When you were happy the eyes were clear and angry your vision was gloomy. When happy the Shen(heart Spirit) is healthy and shines out, when you are angry the Hun (Liver spirit) is out of balance and the Liver (the organ of anger) expresses itself throught the eyes. People with Liver problems are more likely to have problems with their eyesight too. Just thought i'd mentioned that since you brought it up Prana.

I am very unknowledgable about Kundalini but some one once related it to Raising the Shen up the spine to the eyes and brain.

prana
10-31-2001, 05:19 AM
Repulsive Monkey,

What I have found in meditation is that the human eye, I would probably like to call it, the eye consciousness is not finite, as in, a person with differing merits sees an image as differently, although without the ability to compare to another person vision, they do not know it looks different. We simply label it a certain way.

About Kundalini, I think in Chinese, it is called "Jing" I am not sure about this one. It is considered as "light drops" by many schools. Or perhaps, this is what you meant by "shen" ? It consists of red and white drops, signifying female and male elements.

When you said about keeping the body from shock etc. Also, when a person dies, for at least 3 days, the body of the corpse should not be disturbed and layed to rest on the right side. All shock, trauma excessive noise, crying should be reduced as much as possible, due to the dissolving of the eart element of stability. One sinternal winds are easily disturbed.

I like when you said Joy loosens Qi, how wonderful.

Guess I am not the only person curious as to what you have to say... thanks again.

Repulsive Monkey
10-31-2001, 12:03 PM
Prana I always find your missives to be stimulating and full of more than interesting info. too. Tell me friend what know you of the Dzogchen tradition? I am currently making small move into this area and my Tai Chi Master is also a practioner of Dzogchen. I have read the "Self perfected state" by Nahmkai Norbu Rinpoche and I am currently interested in vernturing further into Dzogchen.

prana
11-01-2001, 01:45 AM
Repulsive Monkey

Dzogchen is an extremely high order practise and is regarded as a secret transmission, only given through your guru. I hope you understand if I did not want to talk about the lineage, as it is highly advanced and I am in no position to do so. Breaking my vows would be like pulling you into the same water than I am drowning in, the great samsara.

All I can say is that your karmic connections to various Buddhas that has sworn themselves into helping sentient beings will increase many many folds, as you will practise selflesness, guru yoga, and prostrations to purify karma, receive empowerments from many powerful Buddha energies and various very secret practises.

Very fortunate that you can practise Dzogchen under close guidance from your master. I am very happy for you :) Please let me know when you receive instructions :)

prana
11-01-2001, 08:19 AM
Repulsive Monkey,

You may want to look up Bon on the net. Dzogchen is also practised widely in Mangolia I think. The Bon tradition seems to have an interesting tie with the origins of Buddha Padmasambhava.

Ummmm, on another note, Buddhist say that practising giving, compassion, loving kindness, basically generating citta, as in Bodhicitta. One experiences the bliss in the heart chakra and it eventually spreads throughout the body. Is there such a parallel in your study of Chinese Medicine ? perhaps generating Qi maybe ? I am not sure.

It is so far, very interesting.