PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!!!

SFHSLDT
03-21-2008, 07:02 PM
Hi! I'm a new martial arts practitioner here and happen to be a member of the Hung Sing Lion Dance Team in San Francisco under direction of Sifu Jasn and Sigung Dino. You people probably know more about my Sigung than my Sifu, other than he's the practice dummy for Sigung in the March/April issue of Kung Fu Magazine 2008. Well anyways, I'm learning the very first hand form now and its kind of repetitive. Is the very first hand set always the building block to CLF foundations?

Someone give me some pointers! :rolleyes:

Jenice

Eddie
03-22-2008, 03:50 AM
we dont care about basics. We all just want to do advanced forms.
:rolleyes:

Welcome.
Looks like Frank's gang is growing. ;)

hskwarrior
03-22-2008, 07:39 AM
welcome to the forum jenice. eddie, jenice and her sifu jason are our newest editions. her sifu is in charge of lion dancing for us. they came into the picture while i had the fall out with sifu. so i don't really know them. but its good to see moreo f my lineage on here.

nospam
03-22-2008, 08:00 AM
Hung Sing Fut Gar!

nospam
:cool:

hskwarrior
03-22-2008, 08:29 AM
hi jenice, don't rush thru our first form. so much is in there. sifu troy is right, stick to basics. know your form in and out or you will miss some important stuff along the way.

Eddie
03-22-2008, 09:56 AM
cool.
any friend of yours is a friend of mine ;)

hskwarrior
03-22-2008, 12:42 PM
nospam, lol.....hung hsing fut ga! how's it going mr W?

Drake
03-22-2008, 03:46 PM
Just keep working on the basics. I'm still finding new stuff in the ng lun ma and ng lun chui, and I've done them both more times than I care to admit.

SFHSLDT
03-22-2008, 11:17 PM
The basic set is tedious work since there is a lot of deng ji mah and sei pei mah in it. It's fun as a tai chi set too. :)

Correction, I do not know of any Frank in our Hung Sing School. He may or may not be at the studio when I am training. I know that the team consists of mainly high school students, college students and a close nit group of lawyors that act as a support system.

So far, I only know of Sifu Troy of the Hung Sing East Bay Branch, Sifu Tenny of the Hung Sing Castro Valley Branch, my Sifu and Sigung Dino of the San Francisco branch. I'm sorry but if I haven't seen you in the studio before, I can't openly consider you as a "member" of the Hung Sing family just yet.

hskwarrior
03-23-2008, 01:10 AM
its not your fault u don't know me. you're way too new. just speak to my sifu (dino). take a look around the studio. fyi, i am a senior student of sifu dino, n have been his student since late 81'. you n jason are too new to know me.

hskwarrior
03-23-2008, 01:39 AM
jenice, here is my web site. all u need to know about me is right there: hshlk.zoomshare.com you can check the hung sing family tree, ours or fut san's, u will find my name there. u will find pics of me n sifu dino....many pics. so when u do see me, u can introduce yourself.

Eddie
03-23-2008, 01:57 AM
I find that last statement by SFHSLDT to be a bit disrespectful.
I've known about Frank for longer than 10 years, and when ever you type in Hung Sing in google, you are bound to have a few links to him. Heck, I'd be surprised if the very fist link in Google doesnt link to Frank.

I suggest SFHSLDT do a bit of research on their schools lineage. Perhaps her Sifu Should tell his students a bit more about their school? :cool:

Eddie
03-23-2008, 02:02 AM
ok I was wrong. If you simply type Hung Sing in Google you get to a whole lot of other sites, but if you type Hung Sing Frank in google, you get a whole page dedicated to the master of disaster himself http://www.google.co.za/search?hl=en&q=Hung+Sing+Frank+&meta=

hskwarrior
03-23-2008, 02:25 AM
eddie, its like 2:15 am n u got me on the laughing. you are correct he or she did come off disrespectful. u know me eddie, i will handle that soon. he or she will know me better when we speak in person. then im gonna speak personally to her lion dance teacher jason soon too!

Eddie
03-23-2008, 02:41 AM
well, happy easter.
Im preparing for a big party down here tonight. Not sure how my neighbours will take it.
we have some friends from England down here for a visit and in true joburg style, we through beeeeg parties.

if you dont hear from me tomorrow, its because i was locked up for disturbing the peace ;)

SFHSLDT
03-23-2008, 05:06 PM
My apologies to whomever I have offended. Yes, I am a fairly new student to the Hung Sing system. Like I said before, if I have never seen you before in the studio, I can honestly say that I do not know you. Possibly in name but I was also reading up on this web link as well: http://www.hungsing.com/tree.htm

I noticed that whom ever this "Sefu Frank" is didn't have an asterik next to his name under "current" sifus. Politically speaking, I know my place and you do not.

Vilmore
03-23-2008, 06:42 PM
SFHSLDT, you would do well to just apologize for the confiousion and just be friends, for all you know that tree is long outdated or whatever.

I'm sure (if you stay long enough) one day you'll get to meet Sifu Frank and you can all laugh about this ok? dont get political ;)

SFHSLDT
03-24-2008, 12:22 AM
Villamore,

It seems you're right about getting political. Leave the past behind and keep moving forward correct? Sorry to disturb the peace. On another note, I can't recognize people as "senior" classmates if I've never met them before. Am I correct?

Eddie
03-24-2008, 01:53 AM
I think the point here is that in any kung fu school there are this thing we do to respect our senior class mates. As soon as I meet someone that are more senior to me in our FAMILY, I immediately express my respect by addressing them in that manner. Even if I don’t know the person or his/her history.

But I suspect there is a deeper underlying problem that we aren’t all aware of. I honestly hope you guys can all work through your problems and then together promote your school. I think you Hung Sing Kwoon kids seem to be very passionate about your school and history. It would be bad to see you guys ruin it with your in house politics (if there are any).

Sifu Dino seems to be pretty well respected in the CLF world. He seems like a very nice guy.

Good luck to you all.

Drake
03-24-2008, 02:08 AM
And the man in the back said "everyone attack" and it turned into a Hung Sing Blitz!

Eddie
03-24-2008, 02:19 AM
you live in Germany. You shouldnt be listening to American rock crap music.
Discover the world of German Electronic music, and you will realise what you missed all these years.

Check out massiv in mensch, enomine ... wow this list can take some time ;)

Drake
03-24-2008, 02:22 AM
you live in Germany. You shouldnt be listening to American rock crap music.
Discover the world of German Electronic music, and you will realise what you missed all these years.

Check out massiv in mensch, enomine ... wow this list can take some time ;)

But I am an American who grew up in the 80's. Leave me to my crap music. It is mine and nobody else's. Besides..I'm leaving Germany in a few months.

Eddie
03-24-2008, 02:31 AM
hehe,
the 80's also brought us very bad hairstyles and micheal jackson.

I thought you were german.
What are you doing in Germany then?

But before you leave Deutchland, you must check out some cool electro acts. Your German experience wouldnt be the same without it :cool:

Vilmore
03-24-2008, 07:58 AM
I can't recognize people as "senior" classmates if I've never met them before. Am I correct?

Yes, but you've pretty much met him here on the forum and you're communicating with him, right?
So why not believe he's a senior student (and act accordingly) IF he's a con then things will get cleared out (and worse) but even though I've never met Sifu Frank I dont believe he's a con :)

Drake
03-24-2008, 08:24 AM
hehe,
the 80's also brought us very bad hairstyles and micheal jackson.

I thought you were german.
What are you doing in Germany then?

But before you leave Deutchland, you must check out some cool electro acts. Your German experience wouldnt be the same without it :cool:

I'm in the US Army.

hskwarrior
03-24-2008, 08:28 AM
vilmore,

this jenice person is really my sifu's new lion dance instructor. if not, then her lion dance instructor needs toach her some respect.

however, vilmore, i don't need to meet this new jack to be a senior disciple of my sifu. have i ever faltered in any of my claims?

the newbie is just that.....a newbie with a big mouth.

evidence will and has proven who i am in the scheme of hung sing kwoon.

who does this newbie or her so called lion dance sifu think they are to ever question who i am? all they have to do is ask my sifu........Dino Salvatera.
s
anyways, i won't argue with this fool. i am going to be speaking with sifu today and will have a meeting with both of them. so jenice, jason or whoever you are......we will be speaking very very soon!

you will be the one to know his place for sure.

i will say this to you and your so-called lion dance instructor........you will recognize me for who i am. ill put money on it!

Vilmore
03-24-2008, 08:48 AM
however, vilmore, i don't need to meet this new jack to be a senior disciple of my sifu. have i ever faltered in any of my claims?
No, no, absolutely not Sifu Frank :)
Note I'm saying there is really no reason not to believe that you are what you say you are.
It seams like this person is sceptical because he/she doesn't know who you are (and can we really blame him/her for being sceptical on an internet forum?) All I'm saying is to believe you.

the newbie is just that.....a newbie with a big mouth.
Exactly, dont worry about it, we all make mistakes, right?

hskwarrior
03-24-2008, 08:59 AM
jenice, or jasn whichever you are,

all that matters to me is that MY classmates know me, my hung sing sisooks know me, fut san knows me, and the whole choy lee fut community knows me as a senior student of GM dino salvatera.

Hell, the head of the Hung Mun of the world as well as Chinatown knows me as a senior student of GM Salvatera.

And the one that really matters at the end of the day is that GRAND MASTER DINO JEW TIEN LOONG SALVATERA recognizes me as one of his senior students.

a new booty such as yourself, and your lion dance instructor jason should know is that I have my place in hung sing. you two are infants who don't know how to wipe their own hung sing arses.

You are not the Hung Sing of today, I am. My classmates are. you are on your knees crawling, while me and my classmates are far past that.

no, you don't have to recognize me, but Sifu Tenny Lee, Troy Dunwood, Sam Louie, Adeline Louie, and everyone else other than your small lion dance group does recongnize me. you are apart of a small minority of kids that doesn't know me.

the fact of the matter is..........I am a senior student of GM Salvatera.

LIKE IT OR NOT.............IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!!!

YOU DONT NEED TO KNOW ME, NOR SEE ME.......FOR ME TO BE WHO I AM IN THE HUNG SING FAMILY.

hskwarrior
03-24-2008, 09:06 AM
VILMORE

i've been speaking to my sifu about this on a daily basis. it might shock this kid to know what i know about her or jasn.

I don't have a problem that this kid is skeptical, but a simple search on the lau bun lineage of hung sing will show my face all over it.

aside from my sifu's face, the other face of lau bun's hung sing lineage is mine.

why? because i have put in the time to promote, research, study, travel, and un cover history all in the name of hung sing.

The Hung Sing name is tattooed on my chest in big bold red characters!

but as i just said in the previous post, what matters most is that my sisooks, my sifu and my sigung know who i am.

these young kids are of no consequence.

and yes, i am a senior, an older brother in hung sing. and older brothers get to spank unruly younger brothers and sisters.

and i'm gonna do some spanking soon!

Eddie
03-24-2008, 11:43 AM
my older brother actually once shot me with a pellet gun. :eek: :cool:

Drake
03-25-2008, 07:28 AM
my older brother actually once shot me with a pellet gun. :eek: :cool:

Did it break the skin?

Eddie
03-25-2008, 07:34 AM
yup.
guess my iron shirt isnt as good as i thought.

Drake
03-25-2008, 07:43 AM
yup.
guess my iron shirt isnt as good as i thought.

gawdamm... he shot you in the chest??

Eddie
03-25-2008, 08:38 AM
no. I meant iron [ long sleeve] shirt. Its advanced training. You probably wont know about it yet :rolleyes:

Drake
03-25-2008, 10:13 AM
no. I meant iron [ long sleeve] shirt. Its advanced training. You probably wont know about it yet :rolleyes:

Remove "probably"

iron_silk
03-25-2008, 11:34 AM
Although Frank is a bit of a hot head and really proud of his position...a little humility never hurts anyone...

especially when you are a self proclaimed newbie...if you don't know then don't presume...why open your mouth before learning the facts? I think you already have an established opinion and feel like you must really represent your school...which is cool...BUT never assume there isn't more outside of your realm that you don't know about.

I read up on the website about Sifu Jazn and his recent trip to Fut Shan. He sounds like he's a newbie to the style too. Which is curious as to why he's named a sifu already? Just curious...probably because he's proficient in another style already?

HSCLFCPA
03-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Who is Jazn? I assume he is Jazn Jay on the HS family tree. I could not find anything in Google.

Btw, I was at the Gee Tuck in SF Chinatown 2 weeks ago. Troy Dunwood did well.

hskwarrior
03-25-2008, 12:45 PM
well its all settled now.

jasn, or any of his recruits are too new to know who i am. i respect that.

but to publicly dispute me like that did get me heated.

however i had heard some other stuff that almost got him into a world a trouble.

but its all squashed, and from this point on i will have the back of my jr. classmate.

if he needs me, i'd back him up quick.

but a spanking was called for.

calling jason a sifu is my sifu's decision. i won't question that.

but, he is more a lion dance sifu than a gung fu sifu.

and like i said, as long as we got this understanding, i fully support him in his lion dance quest.

hskwarrior
03-25-2008, 12:48 PM
hsclfcpa,

so you were also witness to 4 generations or more of the hung sing kwoon at the Gee Tuck Celebration? thats cool.

Since my fallout with sifu, i missed the last 3 gee tucks, but never missed any before then.

so in your opinion, how was it all?

although sigung jew is in his late 80's now, and using a cane......he still looks good.

i hope to be there next year.

HSCLFCPA
03-25-2008, 10:51 PM
HSKWarrior:

I have been to and only seen the past 3 years' Gee Tuck. This year's is the best one yet. I remember seeing you at the Gee Tuck celebration 3 years ago. You were doing the drum for the lion dance (I think representing Sifu Dino). Unlike SFHSLDT, I know of you though we have not met. I know of you from this Forum (and seeing your website and all the HS websites you created) and the interesting HSCLF insights you write. Looking forward to the book you are writing on HSCLF.

hskwarrior
03-25-2008, 11:06 PM
Yeah wow, you were there? that was the last one i attended. hey, was it the one where i dropped my staff? that was one horrible day for me. lol!!!!

thanks for the support.

you know i realized i didn't need to worry no matter how many people tried to dispute me. the truth of the matter is i am hung sing under sifu dino. always have, and always will be.

no one could take that from me.

it reminds me of what happened with Sigung Jew Leong and doc fai wongs generation. Sigung Jew is so high up on the family tree that the last group of Lau Buns didn't know who Sigung Jew was either. But he then took over Hung Sing after Lau Bun passed away. some people were upset cause he was a stranger to them. however, that couldn't change the fact that sigung Jew was one of the upper senior disciples of lau bun.

Sifu helped me to realize that as well.

Drake
03-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Yeah wow, you were there? that was the last one i attended. hey, was it the one where i dropped my staff? that was one horrible day for me. lol!!!!

thanks for the support.

you know i realized i didn't need to worry no matter how many people tried to dispute me. the truth of the matter is i am hung sing under sifu dino. always have, and always will be.

no one could take that from me.

it reminds me of what happened with Sigung Jew Leong and doc fai wongs generation. Sigung Jew is so high up on the family tree that the last group of Lau Buns didn't know who Sigung Jew was either. But he then took over Hung Sing after Lau Bun passed away. some people were upset cause he was a stranger to them. however, that couldn't change the fact that sigung Jew was one of the upper senior disciples of lau bun.

Sifu helped me to realize that as well.

Frank...you may not know this... but I have been secretly studying from your sifu for decades now, and am actually a higher rank than you...

BOW DOWN BEFORE YO' MASTA!!

:D:D:D:D:D

hskwarrior
03-26-2008, 07:28 AM
who's da masta?:confused:

SHO NUFF!!!!!!

Drake
03-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Do you got that glow?

CLFNole
03-26-2008, 11:59 AM
Suckas I have been glowing for years now. :D