PDA

View Full Version : Zombies!

RFM
11-30-2007, 02:22 PM
One thing my son and I like to do when we are out looking a guns is that we equate the real value of that gun with how well it would serve out needs in the event that zombies were to attack our small town in Kansas.

My son has only vague memories of my Kung Fu days, and I don't think he really knows how efficient I am (was) with a sword and staff.

If guns weren't an option. How effective would your Kung Fu be? What weapons do you train with that would be effective? Do you have any weapons that you can use (some folks can only afford training quality merchandise and not the real combat grade equipment)? What alternative items would you use in lieu of a Kung Fu weapon (i.e. no sword? how about a hockey stick?).

Keep in mind, I am referring to both the fast and the furious zombies (as seen in Dawn of the Dead, the remake) and the slow ones (original George Romero).

Grapplers need not respond.

Bob:D

Mas Judt
11-30-2007, 02:25 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4DBSpSmGwis

diego
11-30-2007, 02:30 PM
um...i'd kick him in the nards like that fat kid did in that 80's movie "The Monster Squad"

"kick him in the nards, kick him in the nards!!"

"Wolfman doesn't have nards!?!"

MightyB
11-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Is in here: http://www.amazon.com/Zombie-Survival-Guide-Complete-Protection/dp/1400049628/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1196458350&sr=8-2

Jingwu Man
11-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Shaun of the dead style. Cricket bat to head.
Broadsword stuff works good at teaching short weapon fighting, and is fairly easily transferable to a bat or stuff like that.
Although, if I had a real Guandao:cool:.........

xcakid
11-30-2007, 02:35 PM
guns and zombies,you must post on ar15.com board as well. :D

in answer to your question, i would probably work wit a monk spade for the distance and decapitation aspect. broadsword as a back up.

MightyB
11-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Book Description
The Zombie Survival Guide is your key to survival against the hordes of undead who may be stalking you right now. Fully illustrated and exhaustively comprehensive, this book covers everything you need to know, including how to understand zombie physiology and behavior, the most effective defense tactics and weaponry, ways to outfit your home for a long siege, and how to survive and adapt in any territory or terrain.

Top 10 Lessons for Surviving a Zombie Attack

1. Organize before they rise!
2. They feel no fear, why should you?
3. Use your head: cut off theirs.
4. Blades don’t need reloading.
5. Ideal protection = tight clothes, short hair.
6. Get up the staircase, then destroy it.
7. Get out of the car, get onto the bike.
8. Keep moving, keep low, keep quiet, keep alert!
9. No place is safe, only safer.
10. The zombie may be gone, but the threat lives on.

Lucas
11-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Personally, ill stick to a nice long saber. I enjoy my katana for the leverage.

In addition some nice body armor, maybe some self made platic plate armor sewn on to kevlar would be good. lightweight and bite/claw resistant.

edit: also, having access to fire is handy. home made napalm is handy :D

Mas Judt
11-30-2007, 02:36 PM
I'd just sick Democrat politicians on them, while they get busy surrendering and appeasing, the zombies will be too full from eating their multi-millionaire fat-a$$es, and I can just saunter away...

Lucas
11-30-2007, 02:37 PM
um...i'd kick him in the nards like that fat kid did in that 80's movie "The Monster Squad"

"kick him in the nards, kick him in the nards!!"

"Wolfman doesn't have nards!?!"

"Wolfman does have nards!" :eek:

BruceSteveRoy
11-30-2007, 02:45 PM
ahh the good old topic of a zombie apocalypse (zombiegeddon). i have decided that the weapon of choice would be either the horse cutter or the gwan dao. i would be in favor of the horse cutter because it is a little lighter and easier to maneuver. the trick is to keep distance, and attempt to remove/ split the head. or possibly remove a leg or two. slow zombie, fast zombie, either way its not running without legs. staff is also a good choice bc of the range but it is a bit slower and ony has one purpose to crack heads. when backed into a tight spot the horse cutter would fair better.

#1 choice of non weapon is a shovel. it has a blunt side, and a sharp(ish) side and has a little bit of reach. good all around zombie killing tool.
#1 choice of real weapon is a shot gun. its draw back is limited capacity to hold shells its benefit is its stopping power.

as far as kicking and or punching the undead i wouldnt put much stock in it. i mean if they are that close on you theres a good chance you are screwed.

my suggestion fortify a walmart and hide out. lots of potable water, and food, if they sell generators you could even find means to keep your self entertained (video games, music, etc.) they have those plexiglass doors and once you disble the sensors (which is a must) they should stay pretty secure. and as far as i can tell they build those stores to be a large concrete cube. that means it might with stand the napalm the military will need to use to kill the zombie menace.

thats my $.02

i think i have given this a little too much consideration.

RFM
11-30-2007, 02:46 PM
I have read the Zombie Survival Guide - useful stuff to know becuase, if it were to happen, you just want to be prepared.

Other than sticks and swords - how about a good pair of steel toe shoes? I work in a warehouse and have some good, heavy - but not too heavy, steel toe boots!

MightyB
11-30-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm a fan of a good long handled mallet, or a light weight sledge hammer. The reason is pure stopping power. Yeah- you have to be stronger to use it, and maybe it's a little slower, but you don't have to worry about the blade breaking or getting stuck.

Besides, unless you have a clean neck or leg strike, the sword is useless. You can't stab with it, and if it doesn't sever the intended limb, you're screwed.

A big hammer weapen will knock a zombie on it's arse if you hit it center mass, and it will shatter a skull to destroy the brain (which is imperitive if you're fighting zombies). See- you can't knock a zombie out- so staff's are too light, you need that hard hitting blunt force trauma of a hammer.

-The B

Mook Jong
11-30-2007, 03:14 PM
I read the ZSG and it says that machetes are good bc they are simple, good choppers that require little skill but is durable. Katanas are supposed to be good bc of sheer chopping power and, for whatever reason, the shaolin spade is supposed to be uber effective. Sorry if this was already posted, i saw zombies and got excited :D

GeneChing
11-30-2007, 03:26 PM
We have monk spades - light ones for those fast moving zombies (http://www.martialartsmart.net/45-84wu.html)and heavyweights for the slower ones (http://www.martialartsmart.net/45-84cs.html). Better stock up now so you're prepared for the holocaust.

xcakid
11-30-2007, 03:28 PM
We have monk spades - light ones for those fast moving zombies (http://www.martialartsmart.net/45-84wu.html)and heavyweights for the slower ones (http://www.martialartsmart.net/45-84cs.html). Better stock up now so you're prepared for the holocaust.

Gots me one of them light one already. :D

Oso
11-30-2007, 03:35 PM
A halbard:

http://www.1911encyclopedia.org/images/b/bb/Halberthalberd-1.jpg

or, in redneck terms, a bushaxe:

http://images.lowes.com/general/b/bushaxe.jpg

diego
11-30-2007, 06:15 PM
Other than sticks and swords - how about a good pair of steel toe shoes? I work in a warehouse and have some good, heavy - but not too heavy, steel toe boots!

Please see my first post, disregard the rest...i have experiance in these matters:cool:

I used to have to cut through skid row to get home:)

RD'S Alias - 1A
11-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Well, Zombies are dead, partially decomposed dried out corpses that have been animated right? I would think walking up to one, or letting im walk up to you would give you the opportunity to grab thier heads and easily spin them off of thier fragile dried out bodies. Low sweeps, knee breaks, and even high kicks to the head would all be very effective becasue Zombies are really stiff and slow. they just don't have the athletic training to keep up with me (Although, with time, if they have the dedication, I am sure I could help them over come their poor physical conditions!!)

So for me all I would want is a gallon of water because kicking ass on a Zombie attack out numbered 100 to one would be one hell of a fun cardio workout...and I will need to stay hydrated. :p

Now, for weapons fun, I would use a medium sized combat broad sword untill I get board of that, then a variety of other Chinese weapons (My favorites have already been mentioned) would do just fine.

Now, a fun idea would be to capture some Zombies and tie pig brains to thier heads and put them in a Bull fighting ring. Figure 6 to a side, and watch them go at it. We could place bets on the outcome. It would provide countless hours of entertainment.

Another thing we could do is do some target practice on them as they run around loose in the Bull fighting ring. We could have seasons for gun, Bow & Arrow, Sling Shot, Spear throwing etc...

If absolute boardum sets in, we can wrap them in red flags and let the bull loose in the ring!!

Hmmm, when you think of it, the possibilities are endless.

Lets see, there is Zombies and Gasoline, Fun with Zombies and concrete, Zombies and rail road tracks, Zombies and Chucking them off roofs, We can enslave them to clean our homes in exchange for one nightly meal of Pigs brain from the local butcher. Fun with Fire Crackers!!! Zombies and Napalm!!!

Heck, if we were smart we could set them up as the US government!! Then we know there would be no new taxes!! :D

diego
11-30-2007, 06:33 PM
Well, Zombies are dead, partially decomposed dried out corpses that have been animated right? I would think walking up to one, or letting im walk up to you would give you the opportunity to grab thier heads and easily spin them off of thier fragile dried out bodies. Low sweeps, knee breaks, and even high kicks to the head would all be very effective becasue Zombies are really stiff and slow. they just don't have the athletic training to keep up with me (Although, with time, if they have the dedication, I am sure I could help them over come their poor physical conditions!!)

So for me all I would want is a gallon of water because kicking ass on a Zombie attack out numbered 100 to one would be one hell of a fun cardio workout...and I will need to stay hydrated. :p

Now, for weapons fun, I would use a medium sized combat broad sword untill I get board of that, then a variety of other Chinese weapons (My favorites have already been mentioned) would do just fine.

Now, a fun idea would be to capture some Zombies and tie pig brains to thier heads and put them in a Bull fighting ring. Figure 6 to a side, and watch them go at it. We could place bets on the outcome. It would provide countless hours of entertainment.

Another thing we could do is do some target practice on them as they run around loose in the Bull fighting ring. We could have seasons for gun, Bow & Arrow, Sling Shot, Spear throwing etc...

If absolute boardum sets in, we can wrap them in red flags and let the bull loose in the ring!!

Hmmm, when you think of it, the possibilities are endless.

Lets see, there is Zombies and Gasoline, Fun with Zombies and concrete, Zombies and rail road tracks, Zombies and Chucking them off roofs, We can enslave them to clean our homes in exchange for one nightly meal of Pigs brain from the local butcher. Fun with Fire Crackers!!! Zombies and Napalm!!!

Heck, if we were smart we could set them up as the US government!! Then we know there would be no new taxes!! :D

What's with the book homie:) ^^ lol

Lucas
11-30-2007, 06:36 PM
I am seeing a total lack of respect for the bite!

I mean come on, have any of you ever seen a zombie flick? The tough guy with the gear always gets bitten on the hand/wrist/arm. Never fails. Only the hero can outlandishly brandish arms of any sort and not get bitten.

You need body armor to fight zombies on a prolonged basis or eventually you WILL get bitten.

doesnt matter how slow they are, your speed will not be fast enough for the zombie head hidden in your lunch box!

RD'S Alias - 1A
11-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Wear heavy Leather Armour then, like the type you would make a Knife Sheath out of.

Drake
11-30-2007, 09:50 PM
I think one of dem shark suits they use on those marine life videos would work.

I don't like swords/blades because you need to cut the head off, or else not only do you not stop the zombie, but now you're fussing with a lodged sword. Not good, as the little buggers travel en masse.

Use a blunt weapon, like an aluminum baseball bat, keep moving, watch your surroundings, and whatever you do, don't get ****y!

Mook Jong
11-30-2007, 10:57 PM
For anyone who likes zombies alot and kung fu some, check out http://www.monotonepictures.com/home/'s film Hey You've Got Zombies in Your Backyard

RD'S Alias - 1A
12-01-2007, 09:31 AM
I don't like swords/blades because you need to cut the head off, or else not only do you not stop the zombie,

Reply]
Chinese Broad Sword would be perfect then. It's very blade heavy and built for slashing and hacking types of motions. It's more of a large Machete than a Straight sword.

Seppukku
12-01-2007, 11:24 AM
I think Tonfa would be better. All you need is blunt trauma to the head. So you could whack around, and you wouldn't have to worry about blood getting into your orifices, if the zombie germ is spread by blood. Otherwise, a good weedwhacker would work nicely, I think. Especially if you tied the tonfa to the wire on the whacker, and you had a weedwhacking tonfa.

BlueTravesty
12-01-2007, 12:35 PM
I don't like swords/blades because you need to cut the head off, or else not only do you not stop the zombie,

Reply]
Chinese Broad Sword would be perfect then. It's very blade heavy and built for slashing and hacking types of motions. It's more of a large Machete than a Straight sword.

Depends on the make. A dadao would be serviceable, but the oxtail, willow-leaf, or goose-feather saber probably would not be your best bet.

MightyB's comment about the sledge-hammer is pretty correct. When it comes to zombies, you need something heavy. If you fail to take a limb, or pop off a head, then at least you can count on good ol' Isaac Newton and his laws of physics to buy you some time. Mallet/Sledgehammer is good for an enclosed space, or a heavy baseball bat. or that wierd... uhhh, thing from Shawn of the Dead,

If you have lots of swinging-space however, I would go with a good Zweihander. Heavy enough to knock a non-breather back when you need, but sharp enough to "cut through" so you can take out more than one at a time- an advantage the sledgehammer would not enjoy. Something like the Dragon Slayer from "Berserk" (anime/manga) would be ideal. Failing that, your standard William-Wallace-esque claymore would do just fine.

RD'S Alias - 1A
12-01-2007, 06:48 PM
You need this

http://www.martialartsmart.net/451011.html

It is the perfect size and weight, with the perfect balance between heft and mobility. it's big enough to keep them at bay and hack them to bits machete style in larger areas, but small enough, yet still heavy enough to give good hacking and knock back power in smaller areas.

If you drop and spin, even in close, tight areas it's weight will be significant enough to take out thier knees, especially is you have good Kung Fu mobility (As I am sure we all have).

You can also hit with the butt, or trip them with a sweep or Shui Jio throw and drop it on them with full momentum to dislodge thier head form thier bodies. That is the real reason why there are so many spinning moves in Dao forms.

Lucas
12-03-2007, 12:58 PM
Chain/ring mail + Boiled or lacered leather plate, Shield with a spike, sword at hip, 2hander on back, and a solid mace in your hand.

go crusader on em

MasterKiller
12-03-2007, 01:09 PM
You guys are amateurs.

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2721438

sanjuro_ronin
12-03-2007, 01:15 PM
You guys are amateurs.

http://www.ifilm.com/video/2721438

Well, that settles that !

ghostexorcist
12-03-2007, 01:56 PM
Grapplers need not respond.

Bob:D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=o3lCF8O2N50

This shows just how ineffective grappling arts are in combating zombies. The clip is 12:36 long, just let it load and watch 6:16 - 6:45. You will get a kick out of it.

MasterKiller
03-23-2008, 06:35 AM
Protect yourself! (http://www.jesusisazombie.com/)

RD'S Alias - 1A
03-23-2008, 07:33 AM
That was just dum*B*

SPJ
03-23-2008, 08:42 AM
easter.

the bunny

and the colorful eggs hunt/search.

my son enjoyed painting the eggs.

--

and that reminded me of the dome in taipei.

they called it little giant egg or xiao jv dan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4yGxpRVq6U

one of my fav singer from australia.

She overcame breast cancer and looking good.

she even said some greeting in mandarin and taiwanese (amoy).

--

I told my son go wash your hand when you are done painting.

--

:D;)

SPJ
03-23-2008, 08:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGqS6u59fIo&feature=related

she was so "scared" or "timid"

she moved a bit but no zombie like.

it has been 40 years.

I am indeed an old --

:D;)

SPJ
03-23-2008, 08:56 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_qjJR885cs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V60gDLF4TBA&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LvG1JRxcsc&feature=related

can never be tired of this song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsR6ycQiul8&feature=related

teresa teng version

:)

SPJ
03-23-2008, 11:40 AM
oh what I meant to say is

happy easter everyone.

:D :)

David Jamieson
03-24-2008, 10:27 AM
um, i think that shirt is wrong.

as in :

It should read: Jesus "was" a zombie. Not "is".

golden arhat
09-27-2008, 12:27 PM
i'm sure your all not as worried as me about what will happenwhen zombies rise up as you think they arent going to

but i have a phobia of them and they constantly worry me lol

anyway
who's got plans for the zombopocalypse?

what do you think is the best martial art for combating them (escaping/ slowing down)

GreenCloudCLF
09-27-2008, 06:03 PM
My wife is a zombaphobic. Every time we watch any zombie movie she cannot sleep for days. Anywho, our plan is simple. Get in the car and drive to the nearest store that carries guns (KMart is 3 minutes away by car and carries rifles, shotguns, and ammo for each). Then we hole up in a place with few windows but at least 3 doors (multiple exits) with the kids and as much food as we can get our hands on.

I hope for a tall enough building that I can pick some off like Dawn of the Dead remake.

No stealing my idea (or getting guns from my KMart, I will be taking them ALL!)

rogue
09-27-2008, 06:10 PM
I can't wait for them to come back; Odessey and Oracle is some of the best work Rob Argent & Chris White ever did.

golden arhat
09-27-2008, 06:43 PM
google maps hartshead pike

thats where i'm staying and its not too far from my house

i kind of want it to happen just so i can completely survive hahah

uki
09-27-2008, 08:04 PM
what do you think is the best martial art for combating them (escaping/ slowing down)beheading them would be the best course of action.

GunnedDownAtrocity
09-27-2008, 11:29 PM
i would fu ck all of them.

my semen cures zombies.

SanHeChuan
09-28-2008, 12:11 AM
my semen cures zombies.

Well that's funny......because my semen turns women into zombies. :eek:

Lucas
09-28-2008, 07:25 PM
bodily protection. dont have any exposed areas. shotgun, blade, pistol, napalm. secure position, non perishables. unless you can get to a true wilderness, then you can farm and hunt, live off the land in recluse.

always save a round for yourself.

uki
09-29-2008, 12:10 AM
My wife is a zombaphobic. Every time we watch any zombie movie she cannot sleep for days.sounds like me. first time i watched 28 days later i had horrible nightmares for nearly a week. when i watched 28 weeks, the same thing happened again... i would literally wake bolt upright sweating with the heart racing... i personally cannot find it in me to fear the average portrayal of zombies when they are shambling along very slow, but there is something freakish about those that can run.

GreenCloudCLF
09-29-2008, 05:56 AM
bodily protection. dont have any exposed areas. shotgun, blade, pistol, napalm. secure position, non perishables. unless you can get to a true wilderness, then you can farm and hunt, live off the land in recluse.

always save a round for yourself.

Wilderness leaves you too exposed. Think the beginning of 28 Weeks later. (maybe another movie?)

Xiao3 Meng4
09-29-2008, 06:02 AM
...ever wonder what you'd look like as a Zombie?
http://www.zombieportraits.com/

MightyB
09-29-2008, 06:07 AM
Best Zombie Fiction Ever:
http://www.amazon.com/Rising-Brian-Keene/dp/0843952016/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222693466&sr=8-16

Read both Brian Keene novels: The Rising, and City of the Dead.

When the Supercollider tears the rift that kept the demons out, we're all in trouble! :eek:

xcakid
09-29-2008, 06:15 AM
i'm sure your all not as worried as me about what will happenwhen zombies rise up as you think they arent going to

anyway

what do you think is the best martial art for combating them (escaping/ slowing down)

Semi Auto Shotgun is best for close range to bust open heads and render them totally dead. So I have a Benelli M4 Tactical with a retractible stock for those close quarter engagments.

For long range perimiter protection. I prefer the Accuracy International .50BMG. I don't have one personally....yet. But I am saving up for one.

For going around personal protection, I personally go with a Glock22 .40Cal. with 4 15rd magazines, as well as an AR15 in an M4 configuration with a Trijicon Tri Power sight. With the shotgun slung over my shoulder.

A hummer would be good for for ramming them also.

I would not recommend any type of martial arts or grappling as it is high risk for getting bitten. If you must resort to martial arts cause you live in a nanny state government that will not allow you to protect yourself properly. Then stick with a broadsword or if you are quick enough, a kwan dao.

Lucas
09-29-2008, 08:56 AM
Wilderness leaves you too exposed. Think the beginning of 28 Weeks later. (maybe another movie?)

im talking like canadian full on wilderness. and the things from 28 weeks/days later a NOT zombies...

night of the living dead are zombies....those other things are just diseased humans, not the living dead.

GeneChing
09-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Best Kung Fu Against Flesh Eating Zombies (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49176). You didn't specify "flesh eating" but I figured that was implied.

The bottom line with zombies - it's all about spades (http://www.martialartsmart.net/45-84cs.html).

SPJ
09-29-2008, 09:23 AM
If ever invaded by an army of living dead or dead living

1. land mine field.

2. dig trenches

3. build barbed wires, traps etc

4. use sub or heavy machine gun placed at high position

5. use grenade or flame thrower if they get close, the only way to get rid of many and fast.

--

the main thing is to keep distance

since their only weapon is to get close slowly and bite you. oh they always outnumber you.

oops

the tactics are like WWI.

:D

Lucas
09-29-2008, 09:35 AM
If ever invaded by an army of living dead or dead living

1. land mine field.

2. dig trenches

3. build barbed wires, traps etc

4. use sub or heavy machine gun placed at high position

5. use grenade or flame thrower if they get close, the only way to get rid of many and fast.

--

the main thing is to keep distance

since their only weapon is to get close slowly and bite you. oh they always outnumber you.

oops

the tactics are like WWI.

well the only difference between zombies and nazis are weapons pretty much....;)

SPJ
09-29-2008, 09:44 AM
not to hijack the thread but

sneak pre views;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q8Ijsy2mMM&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hpjXh5vPDY&feature=related

episodes;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1q-Qp2Klws&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjM_yY96t3I&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB6rFr6Qm3E&feature=related

---

the nitemare of trench war in WW1

from the british channel all the way to switzerland.

:eek:

SPJ
09-29-2008, 10:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttm_vmyuiSo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKNTOvcYj5c

creeping barage ahead of infantry

the tank first used in history

--

break the gridlock of trench warfare.

:cool:

Reality_Check
09-29-2008, 11:05 AM
See if you'll survive.

http://www.survivetheoutbreak.com/

sanjuro_ronin
09-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Zombies make for good eating, they taste like fried chicken.

xcakid
09-29-2008, 12:04 PM
See if you'll survive.

http://www.survivetheoutbreak.com/

No fair.

They don't give you the option to go to a gun store then to a grocery store to stock up. :mad:

mkriii
09-29-2008, 01:01 PM
beheading them would be the best course of action.

Yes I agree, beheading is the best way. And I have a machette to do it. I wonder how sex with a zombie would be.......just kidding. :)

SPJ
09-29-2008, 07:08 PM
or we may send in an army of terminators.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC32O668pNk&feature=related

golden arhat
09-29-2008, 07:57 PM
duno bout u but i'm goin for a silenced 2.2 rimfire with a good scope on it,

and a samurai sword for close quarters or machete

GreenCloudCLF
09-30-2008, 05:10 AM
Yes I agree, beheading is the best way. And I have a machette to do it. I wonder how sex with a zombie would be.......just kidding. :)

How about a flying guilottine?

sanjuro_ronin
09-30-2008, 05:57 AM

Well, since you asked:

Lucas
09-30-2008, 11:04 AM
cant forget the hottest zombie in film (http://gamesnet.vo.llnwd.net/o1/faction/inline/66153-22.jpg)

SanHeChuan
09-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Pudao for cutting off heads.

Lucas
09-30-2008, 11:21 AM
duno bout u but i'm goin for a silenced 2.2 rimfire with a good scope on it,

and a samurai sword for close quarters or machete

word, im a big fan of cma, but for me, no melee weapon (excepting maybe nunchaku which wont work on zombies) strikes me quite like a nice katana. my favorite blade by far.

sanjuro_ronin
09-30-2008, 11:31 AM
word, im a big fan of cma, but for me, no melee weapon (excepting maybe nunchaku which wont work on zombies) strikes me quite like a nice katana. my favorite blade by far.

The Katana is not a close-quarter weapon though, for that, go with the Khurki.
Even Zombies fear and don't mess with the Ghurkha !

SimonM
09-30-2008, 11:41 AM
For close range work I prefer axes.

No *****-footing around with half-axe knives for me tkx.

Lucas
09-30-2008, 11:42 AM

thats what his little brother is for, i have me a wakizashi too :p

sanjuro_ronin
09-30-2008, 11:42 AM
For close range work I prefer axes.

No *****-footing around with half-axe knives for me tkx.

Did you just insinuate that a khurki is nothing more than a half-axe and that ghurkhas *****foot around ?!?!?!?!?
:mad:

golden arhat
09-30-2008, 11:48 AM

zombies dont fear, period

there similar to a computer with 2 functions, moving and feeding you could be on a cliff opposite another cliff with rocks in between
and a horde of zombies would simply try and eat you never mind falling off a cliff because they dont think. at all.

sanjuro_ronin
09-30-2008, 11:50 AM
zombies dont fear, period

there similar to a computer with 2 functions, moving and feeding you could be on a cliff opposite another cliff with rocks in between
and a horde of zombies would simply try and eat you never mind falling off a cliff because they dont think. at all.

You obviously have never met a Ghurkha.
First, they make for lousy eating so Zombies wouldn't eat them and even if they did, the Ghurkha would rip out from inside the Zombie and rip off the Zombies head with his own large intestine, then he'd get nasty.

BoulderDawg
09-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Zombies do not run and are not fast Right? At least the ones I've seem in movies just seem to lumber around.

Therefore I think the spear is the best weapon here. You can use it to keep the zombie at arms lenght and then get away.

golden arhat
09-30-2008, 11:55 AM
You obviously have never met a Ghurkha.
First, they make for lousy eating so Zombies wouldn't eat them and even if they did, the Ghurkha would rip out from inside the Zombie and rip off the Zombies head with his own large intestine, then he'd get nasty.

my old headmaster at school was a colonel in the ghurkas

sanjuro_ronin
09-30-2008, 11:57 AM
zombies do not run and are not fast right? At least the ones i've seem in movies just seem to lumber around.

Therefore i think the spear is the best weapon here. You can use it to keep the zombie at arms lenght and then get away.

this is sparta !!!!!

sanjuro_ronin
09-30-2008, 11:57 AM
my old headmaster at school was a colonel in the ghurkas

And you're still alive?
He must have gotten soft in his old age.

Lucas
09-30-2008, 11:58 AM
welll....as to zombies thinking....if you are to go by the guys that pioneered the zombie field....sometimes the zombies can think.

especially if they are freshly turned, they retain independant thought until decomposition fully takes hold, at which point they are forced to operate on base instinct, at this point, like you said, feeding for survival.

also anyone really, truly interested in zombies needs to watch a fangoria film called "I, Zombie"

SimonM
09-30-2008, 12:41 PM
Did you just insinuate that a khurki is nothing more than a half-axe and that ghurkhas *****foot around ?!?!?!?!?

Half of that is what I'm insinuating. Khukri is a half-axe / half-machette. Ghurkas rock regardless of the use of a silly knife. :D

They would rock even more if they were using axes to kill zombies.

sanjuro_ronin
09-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Half of that is what I'm insinuating. Khukri is a half-axe / half-machette. Ghurkas rock regardless of the use of a silly knife. :D

They would rock even more if they were using axes to kill zombies.

True Ghurka story:
When they were being told that would have to jump out of an airplane at 600 feet for entry into a mission, the Ghurkahs got uncharacteritically quite and concerned, when asked what the problem was they spoke amongst themselves and said that they though they jumping at 300 feet would give them a better chance to make it into the fight, when explained that they would be jumping WITH parachutes, they relaxed and agreed that 600 ft would be OK.

Freaks....

SimonM
09-30-2008, 01:24 PM
LOL

LALO jumps = OK
LANO jumps =/= OK

SPJ
09-30-2008, 05:08 PM
Zombie army would be ideal, if they are on your side.

b/c they turn the enemy into zombie, too.

oops,

we have virus, plaque, anthrax etc biological weapon to do just that.

and they are banned.

SPJ
09-30-2008, 05:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyVSDgZ0lDk

Oso
09-30-2008, 05:49 PM
True Ghurka story:
When they were being told that would have to jump out of an airplane at 600 feet for entry into a mission, the Ghurkahs got uncharacteritically quite and concerned, when asked what the problem was they spoke amongst themselves and said that they though they jumping at 300 feet would give them a better chance to make it into the fight, when explained that they would be jumping WITH parachutes, they relaxed and agreed that 600 ft would be OK.

Freaks....

lol, have you ever read the 'Sten' series by Alan Cole and Chris Bunch?

bakxierboxer
10-01-2008, 02:27 AM
my old headmaster at school....

I was wondering what you trained...

bakxierboxer
10-01-2008, 02:28 AM
He must have gotten soft in his old age.

... or just "lost interest" because of a new crop.

Shaolinlueb
10-01-2008, 11:30 AM
if you love zombie movie/stories as much as i do, you should check out the comic "The Walking Dead" it is awesome story line. they have the graphic novels at barnes and noble. pick them up!

SPJ
10-05-2008, 03:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9FlvJX8PLU

wow, they sing.

RickMatz
10-05-2008, 05:12 PM

anyway

I don't often remember dreams, but the other night I dreamt I was in the middle of a zombie attack! I also dreamt I was armed with a katana and a Horse Chopper. I woke up quite satisfied with the Horse Chopper.

Best Regards,

Rick

ghostexorcist
10-06-2008, 04:17 PM
I finally "survived" The Outbreak zombie game mentioned earlier. Out 21 choices, you can die ten of them and only survive twice (but only one is the best).

Mr Punch
10-07-2008, 05:04 AM
But can your style handle zombie strippers? (http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/zombiestrippers/)

sanjuro_ronin
10-07-2008, 05:44 AM
But can your style handle zombie strippers? (http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/zombiestrippers/)

*shakes head*
Fine, great, now look what they did, they brought on armegedon !
twits...

GeneChing
04-13-2010, 12:21 PM
...and late for April Fools as well. Check out Kung Fu versus Zombies (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=894) by Donovan Rittenbach.

David Jamieson
04-13-2010, 04:51 PM
http://fashionablygeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/buffy-staked-edward.jpg

ghostexorcist
04-13-2010, 05:29 PM
http://fashionablygeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/buffy-staked-edward.jpg
I saw that shirt in a tech shop while I was in Gatlinburg, TN last summer. I had a good laugh.

SnowDog
04-14-2010, 12:23 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_tLmdjo4IDuk/Sav4MibJwMI/AAAAAAAAAEY/LtwcAxfeNHo/s400/lots-o-guns.jpg

Here I found this for you, I figured we need to have a response plan in place when the Zombies attack.

http://chalkboard.blogs.gainesville.com/files/2009/10/zombieplan.pdf

P.S. Make sure you read the infected co-worker dispatch form

ghostexorcist
04-14-2010, 12:42 PM
[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_tLmdjo4IDuk
Here I found this for you, I figured we need to have a response plan in place when the Zombies attack.

http://chalkboard.blogs.gainesville.com/files/2009/10/zombieplan.pdf

P.S. Make sure you read the infected co-worker dispatch form
I heard about that plan (which was used as an analogy for an actual infectious outbreak), but never read it. Thanks!

@PLUGO
04-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Made some adjustments to the ezine article's (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=894) movie player. Also fixed the link to this very thread. How does it look?

I bet you thought that article had been updated to include some other zombie outbreak.

GeneChing
04-27-2010, 09:46 AM
Obviously Design Sifu and Donovan signed us up on the ZILF mailing list because I just got an email from them saying "We'd like to thank all of you for your support during WonderCon 2010 in San Francisco this year. It was an amazing experience and we met some really great living folks. If you were drunk when you signed on to receive our newsletter and are asking yourself who we are, well, we are ZILF Association of Graveyard Enthusiasts! Ahhh, now you remember us..."

Here's the website. (http://www.zil***e.com/) Surely someone on this forum is kinky enough to be interested. :rolleyes:

GeneChing
05-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Click the link for instructional videos.

The Zombie Combat Manual (http://us.penguingroup.com/nf/Book/BookDisplay/0,,9780425232545,00.html?The_Zombie_Combat_Manual_ Roger_Ma)
A Guide to Fighting the Living Dead
Roger Ma - Author
$14.00

Book: Paperback | 8.26 x 5.23in | 320 pages | ISBN 9780425232545 | 06 Apr 2010 | Berkley | 18 - AND UP

The Zombie Combat Manual

During a zombie outbreak, 98% of individuals will have to destroy their undead opponent without the aid of a firearm. Will you be ready?

The Zombie Combat Manual is a comprehensive guide that demonstrates how anyone, from seasoned fighter to average citizen, can become an effective warrior in the inevitable battle against the undead.

With detailed illustrations and firsthand accounts from zombie combat veterans, this manual provides readers with the information they need to emerge victoriously from a close combat encounter with a walking corpse. Now is the time to learn how to survive a hand-to-hand battle against the advancing army of the undead-before humans fall prey to their growing ranks.

@PLUGO
09-01-2010, 10:26 AM
I just got this link (http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/mobile/08/27/zombie.cell.phone/)from out Resident Zombie researcher

Dragonzbane76
09-01-2010, 10:36 AM
Fun read...

http://www.cracked.com/article_18683_7-scientific-reasons-zombie-outbreak-would-fail-quickly.html

Drake
09-02-2010, 03:00 PM
I am terrified of zombies.

Your tactics will differ based on what kind you are dealing with. If they run, even two or three will be tough on your own, even with a high speed firearm. There's not many good choices here except to get away from civilization. You'll be looking at tens of thousands of them in even the smaller towns, with upwards of tens of millions near major cities.

Lumbering ones pose their own threats, and they can easily overwhelm you with sheer numbers. However, you are given a certain degree of mobility and a chance to "take your shot" instead of running for dear life. Again, major cities are not safe, but smaller towns, especially in a secure facility with adequate supplies, might keep you safe.

It doesn't matter how many guns you have, but the ammo that counts. Many military installations hold millions of rounds, usually 5.56mm. The problem will be that they may attempt to triage the wounded and bitten, which would turn ugly very quickly.

Supplies are important. Starvation is just as much of a danger as the undead. Disease can also be a hazard, especially considering the increased risk with dead things decomposing everywhere. I'd recommend a fallout shelter if possible, though this may not afford you the opportunity of knowing if it's over, and there's the risk of someone letting them in. You'd be trapped.

Also, people losing their **** minds worries me too. It's not an insult to their sanity, but some people might not handle their dead relatives trying to eat them very well.

Yes... I have put a lot of thought into this.

@PLUGO
09-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Many good points to be made. But I still lean towards the effective use of a Monk Spade (http://www.martialartsmart.com/45-84cs.html)over storming the local gun shop (http://www.cracked.com/article/126_5-popular-zombie-survival-tactics-that-will-get-you-killed/).

Drake
09-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Many good points to be made. But I still lean towards the effective use of a Monk Spade (http://www.martialartsmart.com/45-84cs.html)over storming the local gun shop (http://www.cracked.com/article/126_5-popular-zombie-survival-tactics-that-will-get-you-killed/).

Just remember that head shots are difficult, and pretty much impossible if the zombies can run. The head shots you can get are usually dangerously close, or if they don't know you are there. Is it worth it to shoot one if he's just one out of 30,000?

Lucas
09-03-2010, 10:31 AM
Its all about the clothing, imo. You need a light weight durable fabric, resistant to penetration. Invest in some nice, stylish, stab proof clothing today to prepare for the inevitable outbreak. also if you want some added protection you can shape some very light weight recycled plastic to apply plated sections to your body armor. Dont forget the kevlar hood and face mask! you dont want any blood, rotted flesh or zombie saliva to accidentally make it into an orafice!!

In no time you can be wading balls deep into the fray of zombie action. guns, blades, explosives galore, and have a fun day full of zombie slaying. as long as you have the proper protection, your selection of death impliments is purely a stylistic choice for creating those memorable scenes of gore filled, rotting dismemberment!!!!

Riot Shield + broadsword = mad zombie bashing and slashing action!

Drake
09-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Its all about the clothing, imo. You need a light weight durable fabric, resistant to penetration. Invest in some nice, stylish, stab proof clothing today to prepare for the inevitable outbreak. also if you want some added protection you can shape some very light weight recycled plastic to apply plated sections to your body armor. Dont forget the kevlar hood and face mask! you dont want any blood, rotted flesh or zombie saliva to accidentally make it into an orafice!!

In no time you can be wading balls deep into the fray of zombie action. guns, blades, explosives galore, and have a fun day full of zombie slaying. as long as you have the proper protection, your selection of death impliments is purely a stylistic choice for creating those memorable scenes of gore filled, rotting dismemberment!!!!

Riot Shield + broadsword = mad zombie bashing and slashing action!

I was thinking something akin to a shark suit. It's easy to accidentally get bitten.

GeneChing
09-16-2010, 11:05 AM
ZomBcon (http://www.zombcon.com/)

Why can't we have a ninjacon? There's a ton of pirate festivals. Oh right. I forgot (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48711).

David Jamieson
09-16-2010, 12:54 PM

mine's all rusty and a piece of crap now. I want a new one, it is an interesting blade shape.

Lucas
12-23-2010, 03:37 PM
If you were going to perfect your skills with 1 weapon that you will have on you at all times for fighting hordes of zombies to and fro, what would you use, cma weapons only. You automatically get a bow of some sort in addition to your melee choice. you will rely on this weapon for your personal survival for years. fire arms ammos are extremely limited, so for this are not included. besides you have a bow, shut up.

note: zombie agility is dependant on the state of decay. in other words a fresh zombie with no structural or muscular hinderances will move similar to a person that is pushing their body to the maxiumum output, like a human using its body as an animal in a state of rage. as the state of decay increases the mobility decreases. also, cutting a zombie in half wont stop it, it might stop walking but it will crawl to you unless you can sever the brain stem from the body, destroy the brain, or burn the bastich.

I was going to add a poll be decided not to. what i would have put in the poll was this.

1) a single one handed blade.

2) 2 one handed blades

3) mid range bladed weapon, on a pole or not.

4) a pole arm

5) a more abstract weapon (explain)

ShaolinDan
12-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Flying guillotine, for sure. :)

Lucas
12-23-2010, 03:46 PM
haha thats so gangster

Drake
12-23-2010, 05:56 PM
Some sort of macelike object. Anything with a blade tends to get stuck in the tissue.

And once someone dies, they will be unable to move as they did, even if they were athletic. A bow would be almost completely useless against a moving group of attacking targets that can only be killed with headshots.

Lucas
12-24-2010, 10:10 AM
Some sort of macelike object. Anything with a blade tends to get stuck in the tissue.

And once someone dies, they will be unable to move as they did, even if they were athletic. A bow would be almost completely useless against a moving group of attacking targets that can only be killed with headshots.

the reason i ask is im trying to decide what one of my characters will use in a story im writing, im going to have 1 kungfu guy in it. :D

good call with a bludgeon. Ive been thinking of 2 weapons, one blunt and one blade. i had considered tiger hook swords too

a bow would be for last ditch, (personally i'd prefer a small compact crossbow since it wont be used often), in the situation if you actually need a projectile. better to have and not need and all that. you also have a revolver, but you have to fill your own shells, but you dont have any supplies, and you are constantly on the move, because you have to be.

these are my own breed of zombies, there are quite a few aspects that differ from most zombie movies/books that have been put out. besides zombies arent real and neither is the living dead, its all scifi/fantasy :p there is are elements in the reanimation that i wont share here, but for a decent amount of time the person that is reanimated can essentially remain mostly unchanged physically, the reanimation process keeps the 'living dead' preserved, and actualy continues bodily functions for a while, think of it like being revived after dying for a few minutes, but you are no longer you, you are a flesh craving undead freak. its how they are reanimated that makes this possible. this 'living' dead state doesnt persist for a very long time, and eventually you become the slow, foot dragging, rotten stink bag. likewise you only turn fresh like that if you simply are 'contaminated' with the elment that produces the change. which is secret :p and yes a bite will do it.

there is simply too much involved to get it all across here though, ive been working on this for a couple years and have A LOT written already.

for instance if you turn but have lost a leg, have a hole in your chest, or any other bodily damage that would kill a human, you dont recieve this initial 'living' dead state, you immediately start the decay process.

each person/zombie can have several factors that can change exactly how they turn and what happens when they turn. you may see a large group of zombies and most may be your classic slow ass losers but there may be one or two fresh turns that you dont notice right away. this is really just a basic lay out of some small elements that deal with my zombies.

Lucas
12-24-2010, 03:48 PM
a shillelagh !!! lol

GeneChing
05-10-2011, 05:12 PM
This was the group form winner at the recent 19th Berkeley CMAT (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1095503#post1095503).

CMAT 19 Zombies vs Kung Fu Master Bike Couriers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub2aEh1GQnI)

Lucas
07-01-2011, 10:09 AM
ZomBcon (http://www.zombcon.com/)

Why can't we have a ninjacon? There's a ton of pirate festivals. Oh right. I forgot (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48711).

I will come to ninjacon!!!!

David Jamieson
07-04-2011, 10:34 AM
Ninjacon? what's that? a burger joint for vikings?

Dragonzbane76
07-04-2011, 10:57 AM
a burger joint for vikings?

I would so go there....:p

tiaji1983
07-04-2011, 01:36 PM
hmmm... If I were killing zombies and I had to have a blunt weapon and bladed weapon, I would use a narrow sword, and a fan. One because their exactly the same weapon, 2 because fan is used to strike cavities, ie, temple, jade palace, eyeballs, and can be used easily with qinna and to cover zombie mouths. 3 because I think it would be a blast to run through the crowd cutting off heads and limbs with no fear of consequences,

Dragonzbane76
07-04-2011, 05:00 PM
screw using a sword or any hand to hand weapon fighting zombies. I'm stock piling up mass quantities of 10ga. shotgun shells. Only as a last resort am I fighting zombies at close quarters.

tiaji1983
07-04-2011, 09:09 PM
If my family was killed by zombies, or there wasnt a lot, I would definately use them as a training tool. I would be like woody harrelson in zombie land :D

Drake
07-04-2011, 11:06 PM
screw using a sword or any hand to hand weapon fighting zombies. I'm stock piling up mass quantities of 10ga. shotgun shells. Only as a last resort am I fighting zombies at close quarters.

Conservatively, you'd need thousands, if not millions, of rounds. And a lot of spare time.

Why?

Day of the Dead: Dr notes that they are outnumbered, a solid 100,000 to one.

Dawn of the Dead (2004) - Guy (a crack shot, mind you) was on the rooftop shooting them for days. Noted that they were increasing faster than he could shoot them.

David Jamieson
07-05-2011, 04:36 AM
Zombies are drugged, cognitively impaired Carribean people who have been done over by the local shaman basically.

otherwise, who here is gullible enough to believe the idea that people will rise up out of their graves and stalk you?

who believes that?

are you utterly stupid? lol.

wait, nevermind .... :p

Drake
07-05-2011, 05:19 AM
Zombies are drugged, cognitively impaired Carribean people who have been done over by the local shaman basically.

otherwise, who here is gullible enough to believe the idea that people will rise up out of their graves and stalk you?

who believes that?

are you utterly stupid? lol.

wait, nevermind .... :p

"The chances of anything coming from Mars was a million to one, they said. But still... they come" ~WotW

Dragonzbane76
07-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Conservatively, you'd need thousands, if not millions, of rounds. And a lot of spare time.

Why?

Day of the Dead: Dr notes that they are outnumbered, a solid 100,000 to one.

Dawn of the Dead (2004) - Guy (a crack shot, mind you) was on the rooftop shooting them for days. Noted that they were increasing faster than he could shoot them.

agreed but would you rather take aim from a distance or be in the middle of 100k zombies with a sword? :p

MightyB
10-31-2011, 11:48 AM
To The Top - it's Halloween!!!

Drake
10-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Happy Halloween, ladies!

http://images.buddytv.com/articles/bg.jpg

GeneChing
04-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Also gotta mention the new film Zombie 108 (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63409) here.

Wed, Apr 11 2012
Philippine runners race to survive zombie horde (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/16/uk-philippines-zombies-idUSLNE83F02A20120416)
By Peter Blaza
LAGUNA PROVINCE, Philippines | Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:21am EDT

(Reuters) - Natural and man-made obstacles studded the course of a Philippine race, but the real danger to the thousands of runners came from the hordes of "zombies".

About five thousand people dashed along the five km (three mile) course of the survival-themed race in Laguna Province, about 38 km south of Manila, dodging an assortment of the walking undead in the contest based on a popular U.S. race.

Two hundred actors dressed as post-apocalyptic zombies hid behind trees, bushes and rocky uphill climbs along the five km (three mile) course to surprise the unsuspecting runners and symbolically feast on their brains by stealing flags attached to the runners' waists.

Once all three flags were stolen, runners were "dead." But they could gain additional flags by carrying out optional tasks that often involved zombies guarding the various prizes.

Organizers said the races helped both amateur and professional runners stay focused without the boredom that can kill some runs.

"We like watching zombie shows and it really tickles our imagination," said Angelo Cruz, organizer of Outbreak Manila, which seeks to promote fitness through the races and plans to hold similar events in the coming months.

"Right now, to have it in reality, it's making everyone's summer - I hope."

There were two different routes available, trading difficulty with length to the finish according to the runner's skills and preference.

To keep both runners and zombies safe from injuries, organizers imposed a rule that forbade the zombies from any physical contact with the runners aside from taking their flags and scaring them witless.

Not all of the zombies, many well known from popular television shows, movies or music videos, used crude fright techniques.

One, from Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video, danced to trick runners into letting down their guard, at which point it snatched their flags.

At the end, runners were awarded prizes for their struggle and tried to express their feelings about surviving a global zombie takeover and what might be needed.

"The well-trained surely have higher endurance," said Rodson Santos, a university student who wore a robot costume as his way of surviving the zombie hordes.

"If you can outrun the zombies, then you'll probably survive. But if you're just a regular person without any exercise, chances are you will be easily caught."

Others drew even harsher lessons from the experience.

"In a zombie apocalypse, I guess it's all about thinking about yourself and your survival," said runner Carlos Cang.

"I mean, even if you're with friends, it's all about you. Because, you know, once you die it's all over."

Lucas
04-17-2012, 05:25 PM
Ya i wanted to do the obstical course up in washington bit couldnt get a ride. Im planning on going next year for sure

TaichiMantis
04-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Here ya go! Only 24 bucks on Etsy :D

http://img3.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.284423555.jpg

Lee Chiang Po
04-18-2012, 07:38 PM
The reason the zombies would outnumber the live people is because of blunt objects. Getting bitten transfers body fluids and thus you become infected. Blood and brain matter contain lots of body fluids too, and spatter would quite likely turn you into one in short order. A couple of good .22 rifles, one autoloader and one bolt action, and maybe a break down single shot. Maybe a couple of revolvers as well. You could carry way more ammo than you could with a shotgun or a high powered rifle or pistol. Scoped on the rifles and you could start shooting way away from danger. .22 long rifle hollow points would have enough power to do the job. Shoot for the nose or upper lip, the slug is pea sized, but flares out like a quarter and would bust out the brain stem. No swords, no baseball bats, no steel pipes, and no blood spatter. remember the movie, Crazies? not dead zombies, but a virus induced insanity that drove people to murder normal people.

WingChunABQ
04-18-2012, 08:00 PM
You never have to reload Baat Jaam Dao.

Just sayin'.

GeneChing
04-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Everybody knows the best weapon against zombies. Monk Spades.

For wushu zombies (http://www.martialartsmart.com/45-84wu.html).

For combat zombies (http://www.martialartsmart.com/45-84cs.html).

Drake
04-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Hand to hand is far too risky in terms of infection. And firearms will eventually run out of ammunition.

Best curse of action is to barricade, fortify, and ensure logistical stability.

Anyone here see the season finale of The Walking Dead? Even with multiple firearms, they didn't stand a chance.

Lee Chiang Po
04-19-2012, 08:56 PM
You never have to reload Baat Jaam Dao.

Just sayin'.

Yea, but what about blood and body fluids? In movies everyone gets covered in the stuff, but worry only about being bitten. I would not want to get close enough to make one bleed or spatter.

JamesC
04-20-2012, 05:49 AM
For anyone interested, the guys on Sons of Guns made 2 Zombie Killing Guns along with Max Brooks on the last episode.

It was fun.

One was an M-16 with a 37mm grenade launcher, bayonet, suppressor(don't want them to hear you), and some nice optics.

The other was a .22 magnum rifle(most plentiful ammo in the world) converted to a bullpup design with a custom attachable spike and optics.

sanjuro_ronin
04-20-2012, 06:17 AM
Puny mortals and their zombies....
:p

By the why James, happy belated Bday MOFU !!!

MightyB
04-20-2012, 09:49 AM
I'm thinking a war hammer with a long spike would do the best.

http://www.valyriansteel.com/images/bighammer.jpg

Lucas
04-20-2012, 09:52 AM
lol funny how that hand is photoshoped onto that hammer...you can see the thing its holding still and its larger than the haft of that warhammer

Lucas
04-20-2012, 10:16 AM
http://www.badmovies.org/movies/fguillotine/fguillotine1.jpg

MightyB
05-31-2012, 12:00 PM
The Zombie Apocalypse has started in Florida. Apparently there are face-eating naked people with super human strength residing there. They growl at cops after getting run down by cars and shooting them in the body won't stop them - no, you have to shoot them in the head.

Zombies!!! (http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/national/miami-zombie-like-face-eating-attack-by-rudy-eugene-on-ronald-poppo-lasted-18-minutes-video-shows)

Lucas
05-31-2012, 12:29 PM
we discussed that briefly here (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63716) in the fiercest fighting thread. :eek:

wenshu
05-31-2012, 12:33 PM
There are very gruesome pictures of the victim and surveillance video of the attack itself floating around.

sanjuro_ronin
05-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Drugs, they make people do the most F'ed up stuff.
I forget what this "new" one is called but it is some serious ****

Lucas
05-31-2012, 01:00 PM
http://cdn.worldcupblog.org/www.worldcupblog.org/files/2009/11/normal_CocaineRickJames-300x240.jpg

Sardinkahnikov
05-31-2012, 01:26 PM
The article said that an officer assumed the attacker had consumed "bath salts" (MDPV), which acts in a similar way to cocaine in the body.

No idea what kind of fvcked up psychotic trip that guy was suffering from, tho. Becoming more agressive irritable is common with these types of drugs, but to act like an extremely hostile wild animal...Well, let's wait for those toxicology reports.

Sardinkahnikov
05-31-2012, 01:32 PM
There are very gruesome pictures of the victim and surveillance video of the attack itself floating around.

Just saw the pictures you reffered to. I'll just spare you people some nightmares and simply state that the victim no longer has any facial features. I'm no doctor, but I'd be amazed if you can stabilize a pacient in that condition...I mean, skin, muscles, nerves, all mostly gone...

GeneChing
05-31-2012, 04:57 PM
Mom of face-eating attacker says: 'He was no zombie' (http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-face-eating-cannibal-zombie-20120531,0,6068175.story)
May 31, 2012, 9:45 a.m.

A face-eating zombie cannibal or a Bible-reading, church-attending Christian?

Those are the two vastly different portraits being presented of Rudy Eugene, above left. He was gunned down by police Saturday afternoon in Miami after horrified onlookers found him naked and chewing on a homeless man's face, eating off his mouth, nose and forehead and gouging out one of the victim's eyes. The victim, above right, remains hospitalized and faces months, if not years, of recovery.

Eugene's mother, speaking out for the first time, said she's devastated by her son's inexplicable actions. But she says the media have her son all wrong.

She also criticized police for killing her son instead of trying to find other means of subduing the man that she said faithfully read the Bible and accompanied her to church.

“Everybody says that he was a zombie, but I know he’s not a zombie; he’s my son,” the mother, identified by the Miami Herald as Ruth Charles, told the newspaper.

"I feel devastated. That was not him who was seen on TV doing that. He was a nice kid. He was a good kid. He gave me a nice card on Mother’s Day," she told CBS TV in Miami. She added: "I never had any problems with him. The police don’t have to shoot him. They could have Tased him."

Mom might be speaking from experience. The Herald and CBS report that North Miami Beach Police used a stun gun on Eugene to break up a domestic dispute involving his mother in 2004. Beyond that incident, Eugene was arrested for a handful of minor, marijuana-related charges.

There has been some speculation that Eugene might have been fueled to a frenzy by "bath salts" -- a nickname for a potent, cocaine-and-speed laced street drug. It will take weeks before toxicology reports are completed.
Meanwhile, the victim's chances of recovery remain unclear. A homeless man who had a problem with alcohol, Ronald Poppo has suffered a loss of more than 75% of his face, according to reports. Doctors are trying to deal with the immediate concern -- infection -- before they begin addressing the possibility of facial reconstructive surgery. If Poppo is homeless, how will he afford reconstructive surgery? I can't imagine that there's any insurance that covers having your face eaten.

sanjuro_ronin
06-01-2012, 05:52 AM
Yep "bath salts", that's the one.
Combo of cocaine and speed ( or crack and speed or a mix of coke, speed and E), anyways...

MightyB
06-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Start spreading the news...

Zombie Cannibals (http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/04/06/shrewsbury-man-charged-in-gruesome-murder-of-wife/) are here today (http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/breaking/bs-md-ha-maryland-cannibal-charges-20120601,0,395497.story) - you're all going to be a part of it

(sing along now)

mickey
06-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Greetings,

Though, I am incredibly against the use of drugs, I am for the right of people to grow their own stuff for their own personal use.

A few years ago, in Harlem, I have seen people who were crack and cocaine users buy some stuff that was laced with heroine. They did not know it. One of my clients who had a substance abuse problem went from speaking 100 miles an hour to a wickedly slow Southern drawl.

mickey

MightyB
06-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Bath Salts (http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/miami-cannibal-attack-horrific-dangers-bath-salts-drug) explained.

ShaolinDan
06-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Here's a terrible secret. Plato was actually right...life imitates art. the more people are exposed to an idea, even when it's represented in a negative light, the more they are prone to accept it. It's true, sadly.

I don't have TV so just in the last few months I watched season 1 of Dexter, and I just watched season 1 and a few episodes of season 2 of the Game of Thrones. I think they're brilliant shows, and I enjoy watching them...but Oh my God, I can't believe the stuff they put on television these days.

As long as I brought up television and how it's changed in my life, I might as well mention that Bill Cosby's daughter ate at my restaurant today. She left a %100 tip...I miss family values television. :(

Wow. Well, I guess it's true. we get over 30 and we start turning into conservatives. :) Maybe I'm just a zombie and don't know it.

Lucas
06-01-2012, 01:00 PM
In fact, according to Huffington Post:

•91 percent of users had neurological damage
•77 percent experienced cardiovascular damage
•49 percent had psychological difficulties associated with the drug
•37 percent of the people who suffered mental health problems reported attempting suicide or having suicidal thoughts related to bath salts

wow....thats...bad...m'kay?

sanjuro_ronin
06-01-2012, 01:13 PM
People are always finding new ways to **** themselves up.

ShaolinDan
06-01-2012, 01:20 PM
People are always finding new ways to **** themselves up.

Too lame...God made all the drugs a human should need. :)

GeneChing
06-01-2012, 03:30 PM
spam from zombies

Scammers hope you'll bite on 'zombie' news (http://digitallife.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/06/01/12011418-scammers-hope-youll-bite-on-zombie-news?lite)
By Matt Liebowitz, SecurityNewsDaily

The past few weeks have given us a rash of unbelievably gruesome news stories. There's the 21-year-old college student who allegedly killed, dismembered and ate his victim's brain and heart; the Swedish man arrested for reportedly eating his wife's lips; and the "zombie" that started it all, Rudy Eugene, who was shot and killed by Miami police while in the process of eating another man's face.

Each story is horrific, disgusting and compelling in its own way — in other words, perfect fodder for online scammers.

Right now, there is surveillance footage of Eugene's May 26 attack, but the 18-minute video, embedded in articles from local Miami news sources including the Miami Herald, is partially obscured by a bridge. There is no other video, no "exclusive" footage or "never-before-seen" angle. This is important to remember, as online scammers, in a plea to get you to click on possibly harmful links, often promise to show you the "real" videos or photos you haven’t seen.

Scammers used these tactics after the Japan earthquake and tsunami last year and after the deaths of Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston. SecurityNewsDaily hasn't yet seen any rigged emails or Facebook posts about these horrific "zombie" incidents, but they will almost certainly pop up in the next few days. They could come from anywhere, but with some common sense, you can keep your computer out of trouble.

The advice is simple: Use your brain. If you need to satisfy your curiosity and thirst for gore, read stories about these crimes from legitimate news sources. No matter how enticing or convenient, don't simply click on a link you see on Facebook or Twitter or in an unsolicited email.

Scammers know how captivating these horrifying stories are, and they're sure to cast their bait far and wide in the hopes of getting you to bite. As a matter of course, make sure you are running up-to-date anti-virus software on your computer to protect you in the event you fall for one of the scammers' tricks.
"Use your brain"... if I were writing about zombies and dropped this line, you know it would be a one way ticket to pun times.

Seppukku
06-01-2012, 07:36 PM
His victim of this massacre made a terrible mistake. He went to the ground like a BJJ black belt.

Never go to the ground. I'm just surprised that some of the zombies best friends didn't show up and start kicking the victim in the head.

Seppukku
06-01-2012, 07:47 PM
It's all the more reason to support Prop 35, which will legalize the free and open carrying rights for a combat ready kwan dao.

Support Prop 35!

mawali
06-04-2012, 11:06 AM
A face-eating zombie cannibal or a Bible-reading, church-attending Christian?

They appear to be the same! Just add the Salts!
Gun fu may be more appropriate!

GeneChing
06-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Just goes to show how rumors start...

Tests find only marijuana in face-chewer's system (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20120627/us-face-chewing-attack/)
SUZETTE LABOY | June 27, 2012 06:10 PM EST | AP
Compare other versions »

MIAMI — Lab tests detected only marijuana in the system of a Florida man shot while chewing another man's face, the medical examiner said Tuesday, ruling out other street drugs including the components typically found in the stimulants known as bath salts.

There has been much speculation about what drugs, if any, would lead to the bizarre behavior that authorities said Rudy Eugene exhibited before and during the gruesome attack that left the other man horribly disfigured. A Miami police union official had suggested that Eugene, who was shot and killed by an officer, was probably under the influence of bath salts.

The Miami-Dade County Medical Examiner said in a news release that the toxicology detected marijuana, but it didn't find any other street drugs, alcohol or prescription drugs. Eugene also tested negative for adulterants commonly mixed with street drugs.

The department ruled out the most common components found in bath salts, which mimic the effects of cocaine or methamphetamine and have been associated with bizarre crimes in recent months. An outside forensic toxicology lab, which took a second look at the results, also confirmed the absence of bath salts, synthetic marijuana and LSD.

Messages left with the medical examiner's office for comment were not immediately returned.

It's not clear what led to the May 26 attack on Ronald Poppo, a 65-year-old homeless man who remains hospitalized. Eugene's friends and family have said he was religious, not violent and that he didn't drink or do drugs harder than marijuana.

"There's no answer for it, not really," Eugene's younger brother, Marckenson Charles, said in an interview. "Anybody who knew him knows this wasn't the person we knew him to be. Whatever triggered him, there is no answer for this."

Surveillance video from a nearby building shows Eugene stripping Poppo and pummeling him, before appearing to hunch over and lie on top of him. The police officer who shot Eugene to death said he growled at the officer when he told him to stop.

Charles, Eugene's brother, said the family does not plan to pursue any legal action against the police for shooting Eugene.

"They used the force they felt was necessary, even if we don't agree with that,' he said.

He said that Eugene has been buried.

Shortly before the attack, a person driving on the MacArthur Causeway told a 911 dispatcher a "completely naked man" was on top of one of the light poles on the causeway and "acting like Tarzan." Still, police have said little about what may prompted Eugene to attack Poppo.

Poppo has undergone several surgeries and remains hospitalized. His left eye was removed, but doctors said earlier this month they were trying to find a way to restore vision in his right eye. He will need more surgeries before he can explore the options for reconstructing his face, doctors have said. A message left with the hospital was not immediately returned.

Poppo's family has said it had no contact with him for more than 30 years and thought he was dead.

Eugene's girlfriend, meanwhile, has said he never showed any signs of violence. Yovonka Bryant said she and Eugene often read the Bible and the Quran together, and often watched a religious television program in the mornings. She said she never saw Eugene drink and only saw him smoke marijuana once at a party. Maybe it wasn't the drugs at all. Maybe it was the Bible and the Quran. :eek:

Lucas
06-27-2012, 03:50 PM
finally the proof we need. over dosing on religion will turn you into a zombie. i always knew it...

Raipizo
06-27-2012, 06:57 PM
That poor old man. He must of obviously been on more the marijuana though lol. Drugs are a horrible thing especially for martial artists like us guys :D. Barricade your doors the zombies are comin soon guys. Apocalypse 2012, zombies.

GeneChing
06-28-2012, 09:28 AM
It's easy to blame drugs, but the report shows nothing in his system. He was just plain old bat**** crazy. It happens.

Meanwhile, check this out:

Need Self-Defense Tips For a Zombie Invasion? (http://broadneck.patch.com/articles/need-self-defense-tips-for-a-zombie-invasion)
Scared of a zombie horde? Jing Ying has you covered.
By D. Frank Smith
Email the author
10:17 am

The Jing Ying Institute in Arnold will host a colorful martial arts lesson on Saturday, in case you need some tips on battling a zombie invasion.

"Instead of trying to settle the age old argument about whether slow zombies or fast zombies are the scariest, we will give you the tools you need to defend against both," according to a release from the institute. "Use the controlled movement, mental concentration and redirection skills of tai-chi with slow zombies. Use the power, agility, fluidity and footwork of northern Shaolin Kung Fu against fast zombies."

The workshop will also feature a zombie make-up session.

Participants will learn the basics for how to prepare for the apocalypse, how to avoid zombie encounters, and the best way to take out a zombie while minimizing the risk to yourself, the release states.

Of course, the self-defense lessons taught won't only be applicable to zombie encounters.

"You will get good information that will help you prepare for most disaster/emergency situations and you will learn practical self-defense techniques that are effective against any attacker, not just zombies," according to the release.

Participants are told to wear loose, comfortable clothing, and bring a water bottle.

What: Zombie Self-Defense Workshop
When: 4-5 p.m. Saturday
Where: Jing Ying Institute, 1195 Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard, Arnold, MD 21012.

Register online at Jing Ying's website. Participants must be 11 or older, except for existing Jing Ying students with prior approval.
:rolleyes:

David Jamieson
06-28-2012, 11:10 AM
It's easy to blame drugs, but the report shows nothing in his system. He was just plain old bat**** crazy. It happens.

Meanwhile, check this out:
:rolleyes:

well, he WAS on bath salts, but he had no human flesh in his system, which is contradicting the report that he was eating that guys face.

Lucas
06-28-2012, 11:25 AM
well, he WAS on bath salts, but he had no human flesh in his system, which is contradicting the report that he was eating that guys face.

say what??

GeneChing
07-02-2012, 03:10 PM
More face eating. From China no less. There's a lot of places that a post on Chinese face-eating can go, none of them good...

Face Eating Attack In China: 'Dong,' Drunken Bus Driver, Allegedly Bites Woman 'Du's' Nose, Lips (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/01/face-eating-attack-china-drunk-bus-driver-chews-_n_1641217.html?utm_hp_ref=crime&ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009)
The Huffington Post | By Hilary Hanson Posted: 07/01/2012 1:30 pm Updated: 07/02/2012 1:09 pm

A woman was allegedly attacked in Wenzhou, China on Tuesday by a drunken bus driver who chewed off part of her face.

A woman has been hospitalized in China after a drunken bus driver allegedly attacked her and began gnawing on her face.

The woman, identified as "Du," was driving near a bus station in Wenzhou on Tuesday when a man ran into the street, blocking her car. The man, a bus driver identified as "Dong," allegedly climbed onto the hood of Du's car and began hitting the windshield, according to the Malaysia Chronicle.

Du got out of the car, and allegedly Dong tackled her to the ground, where he began chewing on her face, according to Shanghai Daily. Witnesses say they attempted to pull Dong off of her, but were unable to do so.

Dong was ultimately stopped by police, What's On Dalian reports. Officers say he had drunk around 1.75 ml of strong liquor prior to the incident.

Doctors say Dong did enough damage to the woman's face that she will need plastic surgery to repair her nose and lips.

enoajnin
07-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Should I be juvenile and bring up the fact the bus driver's name is 'Dong'?

GeneChing
10-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Just in time for Halloween (http://www.martialartsmart.com/halloween-costumes.html).

They had better be teaching monk spade (http://www.martialartsmart.com/dvdk-yr001.html), or this is fake kung fu.

Prepare for Impending Zombie Invasion with Martial Arts (http://broadneck.patch.com/articles/prepare-for-impending-zombie-invasion-with-martial-arts)
Learn how to defend against zombies and prepare for a variety of disasters with training from Jing Ying.
By D. Frank Smith
Email the author
5:57 am

Department of Homeland Security is warning America of incoming zombies this month, and Jing Ying Institute is offering classes to help prepare.

Various federal government agencies have found success in launching preparedness campaigns with zombie themes. In May 2011, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) hosted a Zombie Preparedness Month. This month, FEMA and Homeland Security are taking a tack from the CDC and declaring October as Zombie Preparedness Month for 2012.

Not one to be left out of a good zombie campaign, the Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi in Arnold is offering a workshop that will help prepare you for a disaster situation and teach you practical self-defense techniques effective against any attacker—not just zombies, according to a press release.

"Use the controlled movement, mental concentration and redirection skills of tai chi with slow zombies. Use the power, agility, fluidity and footwork of northern shaolin kung fu against fast zombies," according to the release. "This workshop will cover what you need to do to prepare for the coming apocalypse, how to avoid zombie encounters, and the best methods for taking out zombies while reducing your chances of becoming one yourself."

The institute hosted a similar event in June, and even taught special effects makeup techniques, with students taking on the guise of the undead.

The zombie-themed class is scheduled for Saturday from 1:30 to 3 p.m. The cost is $20 for Jing Ying students and $25 for new students, with all funds benefiting the Jing Ying scholarship fund. The class is only available for those age 13 and older. For more information and online registration, visit JingYing.org or call 410-431-5200.

GeneChing
10-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Tomorrow is World Zombie Day apparently. And there's going to be zombie protests about Walking Dead and Dish. :rolleyes:

Posted: October 10 Updated: Today at 7:47 AM
Zombie fans defend sign prank, chide official seriousness (http://www.pressherald.com/news/hacker-rewords-electronic-road-sign_2012-10-11.html)
In the wake of a road-sign-turned-warning, zombie defenders decry city's lack of appreciation for the undead.
By David Hench dhench@mainetoday.com
Staff Writer

PORTLAND — It started as a prank.

http://media.pressherald.com/images/portland-press-herald_3687465.jpg
An electronic message board on Auburn Street in Portland had this message on it Wednesday morning.

But it tapped into something mythic, something infecting American culture and the public psyche: a fascination – even a fondness – for zombies.

Wednesday morning, the message board on Auburn Street in Portland warning of roadwork and traffic delays was hijacked to read instead: “Warning, Zombies Ahead!”

It was not the first such warning. An Internet search revealed that Austin, Texas, had a similar warning in 2009, and since then it’s appeared on signs in Washington, Illinois and New York.

The search also shows that the message machines are relatively simple to program, though the controls are usually locked up and password protected.

Naturally, city officials warned against the perils of unbridled goofiness and the need for people to realize that safety signs are there for a reason, warning motorists of real dangers.

“They’re not a toy,” a very serious city spokeswoman, Nicole Clegg, said Wednesday when asked about the incident.

In other words, it’s all fun and games until someone’s eye falls out.

Clegg took her share of criticism from readers commenting on pressherald.com, for sucking the life out of the undead. That was before the online debate shifted, inevitably, to politics: Mitt Romney’s zombie economics vs. Portland’s liberal legion of zombies for Obama.

A sampling of other comments about the sign caper:

— “This is serious. When the real zombie apocalypse happens, no one will take it seriously.”

— “There should have been a sign like this in Kennebunk: Warning Zumba ahead.”

— “There really were zombies. And once they were cleared out by the (Centers for Disease Control) forces, the City was ordered to change its tune by the Government.”

— “Maybe they should not make the password “password.”

— “What if there really are Zombies there and this Nicole Clegg is part of the conspiracy!?”

Clegg also got calls from out of state.

“I now have to talk to a New York radio station about why we shouldn’t be alerting the public to zombies,” she said, with a hint of exasperation.

There have been other fake messages locally, but they failed to tickle the public imagination.

Earlier this year, Portland message boards were tweaked to criticize the Red Sox: a little too serious, a little too real. Referencing Saturday morning cartoon characters is a bit esoteric for anyone over 8.

But zombies.

The signs do not lie.

The decaying, lumbering dead that feed on human flesh, infecting all but a core group of survivors, are everywhere.

“They’re hugely popular,” said Rich Lowell, co-owner of Casablanca Comics in Portland.

The hit comic book series "The Walking Dead" started almost a decade ago, and past issues have been compiled into 16 volumes of six issues each. The series has its own shelf at Casablanca.

Zombie fans are giddy with excitement as the AMC television series "The Walking Dead" – what one reporter called “one of the greatest television shows ever” – kicks off its third season Sunday night, promising more zombie kills in the premier than in the entire first season.

There is no evidence that the tampered sign message had any connection to the show’s kickoff, though it’s a good bet the culprit is a fan. There were no reports of widespread sign mayhem elsewhere in the country promoting the show.

Criminal mischief aside, Clegg admits to being fond of the genre.

“I will definitely be watching,” she said of the AMC series. “I’m a big fan of the zombies. Zombies are the new vampires.”

For Bill Duggan, owner of Videoport, it’s a trend dripping with nostalgia.

“It all started with one movie, George Romero’s 'Night of the Living Dead,'” he said. Duggan was one of a small number of people who saw the original in black and white at the drive-in in the 1960s. There was no VCR or Internet. If you missed it, you waited years until UHF channels started showing late-night horror movies, he said.

Coming to theaters soon is "World War Z" featuring Brad Pitt, a movie adaptation of a book about the zombie apocalypse, due to be released next year.

Now everyone can share in the gore, though not everyone is amused by Wednesday’s sign caper.
Portland’s acting Police Chief Vern Malloch said he didn’t know how much effort the department was putting into finding the sign hijacker. He seemed annoyed.

“On a serious note, when we pay too much attention to these kinds of things, it just encourages more behavior like this,” Malloch said. “While everyone would agree it was humorous, there are certainly instances when it could have put people at risk.”

Society needs limits and order.

Without them, the zombies win.

Staff Writer David Hench can be contacted at 791-6327 or at: dhench@pressherald.com

Sima Rong
10-12-2012, 05:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXXkML8JPe0

No translation sorry, just like the music and dancing. :)

Syn7
10-12-2012, 06:00 PM
I don't get the whole zombie thing.

MightyB
11-06-2012, 02:48 PM
World War Z

The Preview is Coming!!! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3hYKPt0uJQ)

calciums
11-14-2012, 07:51 AM
Tomorrow is World Zombie Day apparently. And there's going to be zombie protests about Walking Dead and Dish. :rolleyes:

Creepy picture dude

mawali
11-16-2012, 09:29 AM
A cutlass (machete) is a great tool! Peoples' drugs of choice tend to make them undefeatable to the extent that multiple gun shots to those cokedout! or souped up with drugs loses time. I would suggest a flame thrower but that would be cost prohibitive. RPGs would be overkill, I think:D

I don't get it either but I suppose a threat analyses of some kind shows that in some level of public disturbance. there will be a subset of folks who have ingested some drug related substance and that, in itself, with a threat, will necessitate a response to counteact said threat. In recent years, and with a small samples, people stopped for erratic and abnormal behaviour (usually cocaine induced something), when questioned, began reacting in psychotic ways, were unable to understand commands, inability to speak coherently and when subdued or shot, were able to possess some level of unhuman strength despite being shot or tasered! Just my limited understanding at this point.

Syn7
11-16-2012, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I still don't get it.

They may have drug induced psychosis and may even exhibit more strength than is normal. Lord knows PCP has been a major issue in respect to the latter. But what any of that has to do with zombies is pure imagination. It's almost as retarded as the fact that there is a vampire in 7 of 10 tv shows!

Lucas
11-16-2012, 05:36 PM
I had put this on the back burner for a while, but have recently decided to pull it off the shelf and start working on it again. I have my own zombie story that I've been working on for a while, and now plan to make use of the popularity of the genre while its still around. I wont share any details, but there are quite a few unique aspects with my story. One of them being I have it fully thought out, developed, and can completely explain why the living dead are actually the living dead, and yes, they are indeed re-animated corpses, not just sick people. Magic is not involved in any way.

Of course, since I'm partial, there is going to be a chinese martial artist in the story, one of the characters, complete with a personal arsenal of pudao, double broadswords, emei piercers and a spear. I can assure you that the story will be exciting, brutal, and probably more graphic than most of the general public can handle. I don't like to pull my punches, and I feel the details of the knitty gritty are important to develop a quality, realistic approach to a fictional experience.

There are a few people close to me that I've been bouncing things off of for a few years now and they are all almost as excited as I am to see the beast take life.

I'm looking at possibly doing a graphic novel with this, but have not yet decided.

I can assure you, that if you like the zombie genre, you will be into this.

GeneChing
11-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Yeah, I still don't get it. Go to a shopping mall. Then watch Dawn of the Dead, the original from 1978. Zombies are a metaphor for today's consumers. Actually, this is why I'm not into zombie flicks anymore. Why would I want to watch a movie of what I can see at our shopping mall?

There's actually some historical basis for zombies in black magic, at least colloquially. According to the hosts of our local late night horror show (http://www.kofytv.com/creepy-movie/), black magicians would stage a person's death by poisoning them, typically with belladonna derivatives. This would cause temporary paralysis. Then they would bury them and unearth them later with bizarre rituals to convince them that they were indeed dead and brought back from the dead. Then, keeping them plied with various mind-altering drugs, they would convince the victim that they were a zombie and use them as a slave. Talk about your mind****, right?

Ok, I've not been able to validate any of this (I haven't really tried) but that's what that they said on the show and they have skanky go-go dancers. See Creepy KOFY Movie Time Cave Girl Scarlet Von Harlet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE2UwsY5H9g).

Lucas
11-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Ok, I've not been able to validate any of this (I haven't really tried) but that's what that they said on the show and they have skanky go-go dancers. See Creepy KOFY Movie Time Cave Girl Scarlet Von Harlet (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE2UwsY5H9g).

If you are ever interested, look up the haitian and west african 'zombie' connection.

Syn7
11-16-2012, 06:43 PM
I had put this on the back burner for a while, but have recently decided to pull it off the shelf and start working on it again. I have my own zombie story that I've been working on for a while, and now plan to make use of the popularity of the genre while its still around. I wont share any details, but there are quite a few unique aspects with my story. One of them being I have it fully thought out, developed, and can completely explain why the living dead are actually the living dead, and yes, they are indeed re-animated corpses, not just sick people. Magic is not involved in any way.

Of course, since I'm partial, there is going to be a chinese martial artist in the story, one of the characters, complete with a personal arsenal of pudao, double broadswords, emei piercers and a spear. I can assure you that the story will be exciting, brutal, and probably more graphic than most of the general public can handle. I don't like to pull my punches, and I feel the details of the knitty gritty are important to develop a quality, realistic approach to a fictional experience.

There are a few people close to me that I've been bouncing things off of for a few years now and they are all almost as excited as I am to see the beast take life.

I'm looking at possibly doing a graphic novel with this, but have not yet decided.

I can assure you, that if you like the zombie genre, you will be into this.

Do you write very often? Or is this an isolated thing for you? If you have written anything, can I see? You can email it to me if you don't wanna post for everyone. I like short stories.

GeneChing
11-16-2012, 06:48 PM
If you are ever interested, look up the haitian and west african 'zombie' connection. Like I said, I see enough zombies at the mall. Zombies and vampires - it's a sad comment on our society now that these mythical creatures are so popular. Why aren't there more stories about sylphs, sirens and succubi?

Syn7
11-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Go to a shopping mall. Then watch Dawn of the Dead, the original from 1978. Zombies are a metaphor for today's consumers. Actually, this is why I'm not into zombie flicks anymore. Why would I want to watch a movie of what I can see at our shopping mall?

There's actually some historical basis for zombies in black magic, at least colloquially. According to the hosts of our local late night horror show (http://www.kofytv.com/creepy-movie/), black magicians would stage a person's death by poisoning them, typically with belladonna derivatives. This would cause temporary paralysis. Then they would bury them and unearth them later with bizarre rituals to convince them that they were indeed dead and brought back from the dead. Then, keeping them plied with various mind-altering drugs, they would convince the victim that they were a zombie and use them as a slave. Talk about your mind****, right?

Hatians do that. I learned that on Miami Vice many MANY moons ago!!! :D

I can't remember the name of the substance, but basically it brought you to just before death Slow heartbeat, slow breath. Death is assumed by those who don't look properly. It's very real. But they are not zombies, of course.

Sons of Guns had a zombie episode. That was kinda cool. Not cause of the zombies, but because of Will Heydens crazy work.

Syn7
11-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Like I said, I see enough zombies at the mall. Zombies and vampires - it's a sad comment on our society now that these mythical creatures are so popular. Why aren't there more stories about sylphs, sirens and succubi?

Ahhh Sirens.... They are caaaaallllllliiiinnnggg meeeeee!!!!

The Odyssey is in my top ten forsure....!!!

Lucas
11-19-2012, 03:54 PM
@Syn...I've done a bunch of short stories over the years, but have mainly over the last 5 years been working on a couple of large projects. This horror one, but mainly a sci fi/fantasy tale. I don't have any of my shorts available, they are all on an old hard drive that is sitting in my closet. I may pull them out at some point, I may not, I'm not overly attached to any of them, but some of the characters I work with were born there and have become more permanent residents for me. However, I'm all for sharing my big stuff once it's at a place to do so. I may take a queue from SimonM and put things online as they solidify. At this point I've just been compiling a lot with breaks of time off here and there. I know once I take the full plunge it will consume me, so I've been building up to it.

@Gene....I think another part of the whole zombie fetish is the apocolypse angle. A lot of people are into apoc/post apoc fiction, and zombies combines that with horror, violence, and survival. For me personally it's never been about a parallel between modern society and the living dead.

I really wish I could share more about my project(s), as the differences would become pretty clear the more you know, but I'm super paranoid that my ideas will get hijacked so I keep my cards close to my chest.

Syn7
11-19-2012, 06:33 PM
@Syn...I've done a bunch of short stories over the years, but have mainly over the last 5 years been working on a couple of large projects. This horror one, but mainly a sci fi/fantasy tale. I don't have any of my shorts available, they are all on an old hard drive that is sitting in my closet. I may pull them out at some point, I may not, I'm not overly attached to any of them, but some of the characters I work with were born there and have become more permanent residents for me. However, I'm all for sharing my big stuff once it's at a place to do so. I may take a queue from SimonM and put things online as they solidify. At this point I've just been compiling a lot with breaks of time off here and there. I know once I take the full plunge it will consume me, so I've been building up to it.

@Gene....I think another part of the whole zombie fetish is the apocolypse angle. A lot of people are into apoc/post apoc fiction, and zombies combines that with horror, violence, and survival. For me personally it's never been about a parallel between modern society and the living dead.

I really wish I could share more about my project(s), as the differences would become pretty clear the more you know, but I'm super paranoid that my ideas will get hijacked so I keep my cards close to my chest.

Can I read some of your short stories? If you post them on a secure site and just give me access, that gives you legal ground should I take one of those ideas. You will be able to prove that you did it first. That way it's published, but only those you choose can read it. Come on, I'm curious. Hook me up. I understand where you're coming from. I feel that way about my music. Gimme a story and I'll give you a track. Deal?

JamesC
11-19-2012, 09:02 PM
The Walking Dead is my favorite show. Like Lucas said, it's not about the zombies for me. It's about the throwback to the survival days. It really isnt that different than it was in our more primitive days. We were constantly hunting while being hunted ourselves.

There are a lot of morality issues that come with survival too. Anyways, I'm not really into zombies, but I like what they're doing on that show.

diego
11-20-2012, 10:39 AM

I've devoted this winter to studying writing so I've been analyzing the body of works of anyone who made millions or changed the game and i figure if i sat down i could come up with 20 original stories with all my ideas...that's easy it's the person that makes the writer anyone can write not everyone can write for everyone so I'm seriously looking into how to write romance novels which I'm so not into:D that **** sells though...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/78/Bone_Issue_1.jpg

Writing is easy its making fresh dialogue that creates a franchise. The author of Bone was saying how he studied peanuts, Doonesbury, Archie and Garfield to help him with his dialogue to make the story fit for everyone. Who do you look to for inspiration and who do the pro's go to?.

T.V shows like entourage, game of thrones and south park have awesome current dialogue but they have access to 100 writers what's the secret to dialogue? talk like Charles Manson just let **** ramble...Syn7 you got any tips bro?.

GeneChing
11-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Because I'm trying to sell Monk Spades here (http://www.martialartsmart.com/dvdk-yr001.html) and everyone knows that Monk Spades are the best weapon against zombies so you should keep one in your apocalypse kit.

For me, the turning point was truly the aforementioned Dawn of the Dead. If I have to survive the apocalypse holed up in a shopping mall, well, just shoot me now. I appreciate the genre - it gave me some good chuckles - but I'm over it.

I'm looking forward to fighting off sirens after the apocalypse...lash me to the mast!
http://www.crystalinks.com/sirensulysseus.jpg

Lucas
11-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Syn, I'll think about it, I'll definately let you know and send something your way if I break it out.

Diego, romance is definately a must, imo. IMO the best writers are masters of evoking emotional response through story telling. I think the best formula for a story is having all of the emotional elements, mingling and entwined, with a directed balance that fits the ride you want to take the reader on. Fear, awe, triumph, hate, love, retribution, hope, despair, joy, etc. Some of the most impressive things I've read, are from authors that can get you to so adamantly hate/love a character, then get you to do a complete 180 at some point and feel the opposite.

You may want to check out; On Writing: By Stephen King

It's inspiring.

http://www.amazon.com/On-Writing-Anniversary-Edition-Memoir/dp/1439156816/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353434272&sr=8-1&keywords=on+writing

GeneChing
11-20-2012, 11:10 AM
I highly recommend On Writing by Stephen King to all aspiring writers. I used to lead writing workshops and this was the required text.

diego
11-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Syn, I'll think about it, I'll definately let you know and send something your way if I break it out.

Diego, romance is definately a must, imo. IMO the best writers are masters of evoking emotional response through story telling. I think the best formula for a story is having all of the emotional elements, mingling and entwined, with a directed balance that fits the ride you want to take the reader on. Fear, awe, triumph, hate, love, retribution, hope, despair, joy, etc. Some of the most impressive things I've read, are from authors that can get you to so adamantly hate/love a character, then get you to do a complete 180 at some point and feel the opposite.

You may want to check out; On Writing: By Stephen King

It's inspiring.

http://www.amazon.com/On-Writing-Anniversary-Edition-Memoir/dp/1439156816/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1353434272&sr=8-1&keywords=on+writing

I have the pdf and a library hardcover of "On writing" just got it a month and a half ago, going to get into it after I'm done "the artful edit" http://www.american.com/graphics/2007/august/Bell,%20Susan-%20Artful%20Edit.jpg

This was pretty good by King: http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1263951486l/1538917.jpg

In Roger Ebert's review of the 2004 movie Secret Window, he stated, "A lot of people were outraged that [King] was honored at the National Book Awards, as if a popular writer could not be taken seriously. But after finding that his book On Writing had more useful and observant things to say about the craft than any book since Strunk and White's The Elements of Style, I have gotten over my own snobbery."[78]

David Jamieson
11-20-2012, 01:11 PM

It's an American TV obsession thing.
meh.

Lucas
11-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Don't discount video games and comic books. There are a TON of games where you get to litterally be involved in a zombie apoc. left4dead series, red dead redemption, dead island, resident evil series, black ops, etc.

I'd wager you have a more dedicated fan base with comics and video games than tv.

If someone is into zombie stuff check out the Fangoria flick; I Zombie. Its not action based or even really exciting. Its about a botonist that is at an old farm looking for certain plants and finds a girl in the barn who appears to be hurt. He picks her up to take her to a hospital and she bites him. Its the saga he goes through becoming a zombie. Leaving his family, getting a small apartment, retaining his mind the entire time, and the issues he deals with in having to kidnap people and take them home to eat them. It's graphic.

David Jamieson
11-20-2012, 01:41 PM
Don't discount video games and comic books. There are a TON of games where you get to litterally be involved in a zombie apoc. left4dead series, red dead redemption, dead island, resident evil series, black ops, etc.

I'd wager you have a more dedicated fan base with comics and video games than tv.

If someone is into zombie stuff check out the Fangoria flick; I Zombie. Its not action based or even really exciting. Its about a botonist that is at an old farm looking for certain plants and finds a girl in the barn who appears to be hurt. He picks her up to take her to a hospital and she bites him. Its the saga he goes through becoming a zombie. Leaving his family, getting a small apartment, retaining his mind the entire time, and the issues he deals with in having to kidnap people and take them home to eat them. It's graphic.

Yeah, I suppose, but the whole zombie as a fad thing is pretty much exclusively American with maybe some tiny overflow into Canada...seeing as we're pretty much the same as far as entertainment choices go.

Syn7
11-20-2012, 01:57 PM
It's cool to see Canadian shows that actually have good camera work and good stories that are set in Canada. Bout time. I remember when it either looked like degrassi, or they did their best to pretend it was Chicago or NY or whatever. Considering the world class production we've had for so many years, it really took a long time for people to be interested enough for it to be profitable. Vancouver was second to Hollywood. Now it's moving east, like the video game industry. Ontario is throwin out tax breaks like water and BC had it's head up it's own ass so far nobody noticed till it was too late. Bye bye EA.

GeneChing
11-20-2012, 03:18 PM
That explains the whole Canadian twinkie thing (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1197359#post1197359).

I'm just over zombies. I'm over vampires too. I'm moving on to other mythological creatures, preferable the ones that are easier on the eye as, if we continue with the whole myth metaphor meme, those are more insidious. That's part and parcel of my sirens schtick. Sex sells. Or maybe I'm just into alliteration right now. ;)

But here, check this out: Thale (2012) - Official Trailer [HD] (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4XoSmUoZIY&NR) More Nordic horror. Reminds me of Trollhunter (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63026), but hotter.

Syn7
11-20-2012, 06:57 PM
The Canada twinkie link didn't work but if it was about how twinkies will still be available here, that's funny coz I just posted about that in the hostess thread.

But no, I haven't seen any Canadian Zombie shows. Not yet anyways. I imagine a wherewolf, Vampire or Zombie show is right around the commercial corner!

GeneChing
11-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Seriously. Word from SDAFF 2012 (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=1068) is that Remington and the Curse of the Zombadings is the zombie bomb.

Here's a trailer (no subs unfortunately)" FULL TRAILER! Zombadings1:PATAYIN sa SHOKOT si REMINGTON (IN THEATERS AUGUST 31!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaWWi6oCw8E)

Syn7
11-26-2012, 04:29 PM
At least all this post apocalyptic bull**** is giving people the motivation to learn how to survive without being handheld and bottle fed. Better than just being pussies, I suppose.

Lucas
11-26-2012, 05:16 PM
its almost too bad because if we just went all apoc most people would just die and the strongest would re populate the planet. its about time for some serious genetic cleansing. at this rate, even the most stupid people will have a basic idea of survival, giving us a small percentage of individuals who will remain to dilute our gene pool :(

Scott R. Brown
11-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Seriously. Word from SDAFF 2012 (http://www.kungfumagazine.com/ezine/article.php?article=1068) is that Remington and the Curse of the Zombadings is the zombie bomb.

Here's a trailer (no subs unfortunately)" FULL TRAILER! Zombadings1:PATAYIN sa SHOKOT si REMINGTON (IN THEATERS AUGUST 31!) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaWWi6oCw8E)

Yeah.... My wife said she tried to watch it, but it was just too stupid! It was supposed to be a comedy, but the main comedian wasn't even funny.

It is a spoof of another well known horror movie that has had two remakes already.

SHOKOT is a term used in the gay community meaning, "to instill fear" . There is no double entendre intended with the term. It is just a slang that is part of the gay sub-culture in the Philippines.

She only made it through 5 minutes before she couldn't watch it because it was so bad!

But then zombies movies are supposed to be bad. And a lot of Philippine movies are pretty bad to begin with anyway.

Syn7
11-26-2012, 06:35 PM
It doesn't seem like such a bad thing, does it. New studies suggest that the average man is getting dumber. No joke, look it up. It's a new study and subject to critique and review, but an interesting hypothesis none the less.

When the revolution comes, it's me and you Lucas. With your Wombat Combat and my ingenuity and trapping skills, we will help cull the heard.

Scott R. Brown
11-26-2012, 06:41 PM
It doesn't seem like such a bad thing, does it. New studies suggest that the average man is getting dumber. No joke, look it up. It's a new study and subject to critique and review, but an interesting hypothesis none the less.

When the revolution comes, it's me and you Lucas. With your Wombat Combat and my ingenuity and trapping skills, we will help cull the heard.

I dunno dat don ppear berry smart tuh me!

Syn7
11-26-2012, 06:44 PM
I dunno dat don ppear berry smart tuh me!

witsh paret? Teh collign? or teh riportze?

Scott R. Brown
11-26-2012, 06:49 PM
witsh paret? Teh collign? or teh riportze?

Uh.......... Uh huh!!

Syn7
11-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Uh.......... Uh huh!!

Who....???

bawang
11-26-2012, 06:57 PM
im not scare.

zombies only eat white people.

Scott R. Brown
11-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Who....???

Dats wot I sade!

Scott R. Brown
11-26-2012, 07:06 PM
im not scare.

zombies only eat white people.

Even zombies want to eat a little Chinese once in awhile. The only bad part for you is when they are finished with one of you, they'll be hungry again in 5 minutes.

Syn7
11-26-2012, 07:11 PM
Dats wot I sade!

dose we nodes yoo?

bawang
11-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Even zombies want to eat a little Chinese once in awhile. The only bad part for you is when they are finished with one of you, they'll be hungry again in 5 minutes.

they only eat american chinese. they dont like taste of real chinese.

Syn7
11-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Like egg foo brains and chop suey lobes?

Lucas
11-27-2012, 09:55 AM
after wombat kombat saves the world from stupid, all the people will rejoice and there will be a new world wide international animal symbol for manliness and everyone will hug a wombat in thanks.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_UmAivX3l8bI/S7my2SCLDeI/AAAAAAAABJI/ZJefCDwS0-Q/s1600/wombat+Bonney+001.jpg

Scott R. Brown
11-27-2012, 09:56 AM
dose we nodes yoo?

hoos yoo?

they only eat american chinese. they dont like taste of real chinese.

What do Chinese zombies eat?

Lucas
11-27-2012, 10:08 AM
kfc workers

GeneChing
11-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Yeah.... My wife said she tried to watch it, but it was just too stupid! ...She only made it through 5 minutes before she couldn't watch it because it was so bad!

But then zombies movies are supposed to be bad. And a lot of Philippine movies are pretty bad to begin with anyway. You know, I was thinking this might invigorate my enjoyment of zombie flicks just because it sounded so out there - also because I can't think of a Philipino film that I've seen, but I'll take your wife's word on it.

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i57/2/11/22/frabz-zombie-apocalypse-or-Black-Friday-4f1437.jpghttp://www.thedeadfuture.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/blackfridaysale.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gCfMmoIcuFo/TsaX9lsMM5I/AAAAAAAAAKs/XSJcBNb13i4/s1600/IMG_1099.PNG

Lucas
11-27-2012, 10:36 AM
I think the best part about a zombie apocolypse would be all the free stuff. For sure, hands down, the free stuff would kick major ass.

Scott R. Brown
11-27-2012, 11:31 AM
I think the best part about a zombie apocolypse would be all the free stuff. For sure, hands down, the free stuff would kick major ass.

What about the eating of human flesh without being socially ostracized?!

Finally, you can be one of the IN crowd!

I would feel pretty justified eating hippies and yuppies and guppies and all those other - ppies!

Lucas
11-27-2012, 11:47 AM
So do you think it would be ok to eat zombies, like after you re-kill them? I wonder if you would go zombie or if it would be ok. If so you would not have to ever worry about a food source. Fight fire with fire. Those bastids want to eat me, I'll eat them first.

Scott R. Brown
11-27-2012, 11:55 AM
It depends on the source of the zombification process. If it's that Hell is too full, like the original zombification stories, you'll be okay. If it's the government irradiating the dead or a genetic weapon that got loose, better not partake of zombie flesh, at least until you cook it well.

Just remember to avoid eating human brains or you could fall into perpetual slumber.

Lucas
11-27-2012, 12:04 PM
It depends on the source of the zombification process. If it's that Hell is too full, like the original zombification stories, you'll be okay. If it's the government irradiating the dead or a genetic weapon that got loose, better not partake of zombie flesh, at least until you cook it well.

Just remember to avoid eating human brains or you could fall into perpetual slumber.

I guess the best course for me to take is to feed zombie flesh to someone else first and see how it goes. If nothing happens after the first time, I'll feed them different zombie burgers a few times from different sources, and if that checks out, then I'm good to go. I'll even open up a new world zombie apoc restaurant that specializes in zombie flesh cuisine. It'll be all the rage.

bawang
11-27-2012, 02:07 PM
What do Chinese zombies eat?

there is no chinese zombie. our blood does not have evil taint like you. we have wisdom like falcon, grace of the elephant, strength of the wombat.

wombat.......combat.

GeneChing
11-27-2012, 02:32 PM
http://i.chzbgr.com/completestore/2011/1/5/05fc3999-e8e6-4232-b2f9-707611ef7324.jpg

Chinese jiang shi (僵尸) are often translated as either zombies or vampires.

Lucas
11-27-2012, 03:06 PM
Gene ftw!!!

Lucas
11-27-2012, 03:07 PM
http://everything2hnimage.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com/wombat_socho

Scott R. Brown
11-27-2012, 05:59 PM
there is no chinese zombie. our blood does not have evil taint like you. we have wisdom like falcon, grace of the elephant, strength of the wombat.

wombat.......combat.

Hey! I know that's not true! I've seen Chinese zombie movies! One even had Sammo Hung in it, you remember her don't you........ your mother?

So, your mother is a zombie killer! Just who are you trying to cover for? Are you part of the cover up?

bawang
11-28-2012, 08:01 AM
Hey! I know that's not true! I've seen Chinese zombie movies! One even had Sammo Hung in it, you remember her don't you........ your mother?

So, your mother is a zombie killer! Just who are you trying to cover for? Are you part of the cover up?

chinese zombies is caused by evil necromancer funded by CIA.

GeneChing
11-28-2012, 10:31 AM
The Walking Dead Calendar 2013 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BT9x6dyAj4)

chinese zombies is caused by evil necromancer funded by CIA. Why do we bother? :p

Lucas
11-28-2012, 10:34 AM
There is a local theater that plays the newest walking dead episode on sunday at 7:30 pm for free for all to see. Now that is zombie dedication.

bawang
11-28-2012, 11:08 AM
i dont know why americans are so scare of zombie. chocolate people so much scarier.

http://www.gifsforum.com/images/gif/rage/grand/black_man_rage_gif.gif

Syn7
11-28-2012, 08:12 PM
And white people can't be scary like that?

GeneChing
12-11-2012, 12:42 PM
Only a zombie would do that.

Man shoots girlfriend after argument over 'Walking Dead': Cops
Jared Gurman, 26, of Williston Park. (NCPD) (http://www.amny.com/urbanite-1.812039/man-shoots-girlfriend-after-argument-over-walking-dead-cops-1.4291503)

A Williston Park man who shot his girlfriend in the back with a rifle after a heated argument over the television show "The Walking Dead" told police he was annoyed that she came to his apartment to smooth things over.

In a statement to police, Jared M. Gurman, 26, said he told his girlfriend, Jessica Gelderman, 27, also of Williston Park, to leave.

"Jess walked into the room and I fired the gun once and hit her," Gurman said. "She said, 'Oh my God. What did you do?'"

A single round from a .22-caliber semi-automatic rifle pierced Gelderman's lung and diaphragm and shattered her ribs, said Nassau Det. Lt. Raymond Cote, commander of the Third Squad.

Police said Gurman drove his girlfriend to Long Island Jewish Medical Center in New Hyde Park, where he was arrested. As of late yesterday, police said Gelderman was in stable condition with the bullet still in her body.

At Gurman's arraignment yesterday in First District Court in Hempstead, his attorney, Edward L. Lieberman of Garden City, entered a not guilty plea on behalf of his client, but outside court he acknowledged that Gurman unintentionally shot his girlfriend.

"The rifle went off accidentally," Lieberman said.

Gurman, of 516 Marcellus Rd., was arraigned on one count of second-degree attempted murder. Nassau District Court Judge Valerie Alexander ordered him jailed without bail.

Gurman and Gelderman, who had been dating for three and half years, went out Sunday night when they began arguing about the show, an AMC thriller featuring zombies in a post-apocalyptic world, Cote said.

"I just know that he felt very adamant that there could be some type of military mishap that would result in some sort of virus or something being released that could cause terrible things to happen," Cote said.

Gelderman, Cote said, thought her boyfriend's belief was absurd.

"She felt that it was ridiculous," Cote said.

The argument escalated, police said, and Gelderman decided not to spend the night at Gurman's apartment and instead went to her parents' home.

Later, the two continued arguing by exchanging text messages, Cote said.

Gelderman became concerned because Gurman had gotten so agitated, police said, and went to his apartment in an attempt to calm him down.

When Gelderman showed up, Gurman said he was sitting on the stairs holding his rifle.

"She tried to defuse the situation and calm him down and told him, 'Let's just go to bed,'" Cote said.

Gurman pointed the rifle and fired one round into the middle of Gelderman's back as she walked up the stairs, said police.

GeneChing
04-24-2013, 04:45 PM
R.I.P.D. - Official Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X07xNrVd7DU)

Men in Black meets Ghostbusters? James Hong caught my eye.

Syn7
04-25-2013, 05:19 PM
That's sweet.

GeneChing
03-19-2014, 10:06 AM
...we'd get overwhelmed if we did. But this was too KFM forum to pass up...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DLSbLcgg7s

GeneChing
03-09-2015, 08:55 AM
This is just downright funny. Totally traumatic for the Hello Kitty set, but hilariously so when you ponder it. :)

Zombies are invading Sanrio’s Puroland for one night (http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/03/07/zombies-are-invading-sanrios-puroland-for-one-night/)
Anime News Network 3 days ago

Obaken, a Japanese company known for its terrifying haunted house puzzles and overnight “zombie camps,” will be invading Sanrio‘s Puroland theme park with a horde of hungry zombies. Your mission is simply to survive.

https://sociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/01-copy.jpg?w=580&h=914

The event (http://obakensan.com/puroobaken.html) will take place on May 6 beginning at 7PM JST. Those interested in dodging zombies inside a death-smeared Sanrio wonderland can purchase tickets in advance for 3,800 yen (about US$31) beginning March 13, or on the day of the event for 4,300 yen (about US$35). Only 1,000 tickets will be available, so Obaken recommends registering in advance.

The event will be divided into six missions. Those who collect all of the completion stamps without becoming a zombie will receive a special gift.

[Via Hachima Kikou]