PDA

View Full Version : Wing Chun Seminar in Texas

RGVWingChun
03-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Master Tony Massengill (certified through the Samuel Kwok Wing Chun Martial Arts Association and recognized master instructor VTAA) will be hosting his first ever Wing Chun seminar in the Lone Star state of Texas!!! Master Massengill is also the co-author with Master Samuel Kwok of the new book and DVD series "Mastering Wing Chun: The Keys to Ip Mans Kung Fu".

The date will be Saturday May 10,2008. The location will be in Mission, TX which is in DEEP SOUTH TEXAS at the Sharyland Bantworth park...this is the kind of place where all the stories you’ve heard of Texas are TRUE!!! Bigger food, bigger drinks....EVERYTHING IS BIGGER IN TEXAS even the comradery.

If anybody is interested in attending the seminar feel free to contact me at RGVWINGCHUN@yahoo.com.

Seminar fees are only $50. Books and DVD's covering the empty hand forms will be available as well.

Master Massengill also has some slot time available for private instruction. As a senior Rep. for the Traditional Ip Man Wing Chun Martial Arts Assocation, Master Massengilll along with his sifu, Master Samuel Kwok, are always looking for people who are interested in spreading the Ip Family Traditions. No one knows them like Master Samuel Kwok who has had the privilege of training with the Ip family since 1978 being a disciple of Ip Chun and then becoming a disciple of Ip ching in 1994. Master Kwok has the best of both worlds and more and is graciously passing on that knowledge to his disciple, Master Tony Massengill and on to me as well. If you are looking to be a part of this, this is a chance to learn and inquire. You can email him at sifu@massmartialarts.com for more info on instructorship and private training.

If traveling from out of town, the closest airport would be McAllen (MFE) or in Harlingen (???).

God bless and train hard,

Moses Flores
Certified Instructor, Samuel Kwok Wing Chun Martial Arts Association
Senior Texas Representative, Tradition Ip Man Wing Chun Assocation

El Zorro 71
03-26-2008, 09:28 AM
Hello to all,

I am currently training here in Virginia, full time, with Sifu Massengill. I highly recommend attending the seminar if you are able. One of the refreshing things is that we always invite and always have others from different lineage attend. It is nice to see that as we all have a different perspective on Wing Chun. If we can learn from one another, openly, it make for a wonderful experience. It will also allow you the chance to feel how other chi sao. If you only chi sao with those in your circle, then you are limiting your abilities to progress beyond those around you.

I, also had the pleasure of growing in my Wing Chun with my kung fu brother Moses, who is hosting the seminar there in Texas, and I can attest that he is completely devoted to his Wing Chun. I am also glad to see that there is more exposure to Wing Chun in the Rio Grande Region of Texas as that area is saturated with other Korean and Japanese styles, not to mention some hybrid kung fu styles.

While in the area, it would give those outside of the Valley a chance to venture into Mexico, which is just about a 5 minute walk across the international bridge.

All things able, Master Samuel Kwok will have Texas as one of his U.S. stops next year. This is already in the planning.

KPM---I know that El Paso, is about 10-15 hours but it would be worth your while, should your schedule allow it....

to my extended Wing Chun family, take care and keep training......

RGVWingChun
04-02-2008, 10:10 PM
Got about 6 people signed up already for sure!!!

Get in on the action!!!!

El Zorro 71
04-05-2008, 04:44 PM
I am glad to see that the seminar is moving forward as planned. The spread of Wing Chun in the area of southern Texas is always good.

I only hope that you did not book Sifu a ticket on Continental Airlines!!!!!!!!!!1

lmfao....

T.S.

RGVWingChun
04-08-2008, 07:11 PM
uh no...of course I don't go continental. Oh by the way, anybody attending is invited to the BBQ!!!

El Zorro 71
04-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Hey,

I forwarded you some information about persons who are interested in attending the seminar. Two of them are from Monterrey, Mx. and the other is from the D.F. who stated that he is willing to make the trip....It is about time that we get into my home....Mexico.....

all the best

gotta go, i think i hear them coming..ring ring....you know know the bike patrol

T,S.

RGVWingChun
04-09-2008, 03:34 PM
If you would like a seminar T-shirt please let me know early and what size! Shirts are going to be $15

Moses Flores
RGVwingchun@yahoo.com