PDA

View Full Version : Kung Fu Brother Needs Help!

ingchao
03-24-2008, 07:03 PM
On February 29, 2008 my 21 month old son, Daniel, was diagnosed with Mixed Lineage Leukemia(MLL)- A form of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia(ALL). This form of Leukemia is harder to treat than ALL and puts him in a higher risk of treatment failure.
He was diagnosed and treated initially at Stony Brook University Medical Center (Long Island, New York). After hearing what his prognosis was we immediately transferred his treatment to Memorial Sloan Kettering in Manhattan.
I have been informed that as of today my insurance is classifying this treatment as "out of network" and will only pay 70% of "usual and customary" fees. Which means that whatever Sloan charges above "usual and customary" PLUS 30% of "usual and customary" is my financial responsibility.

In other words-Help!

I would like to get whoever would like to volunteer to put on a martial arts demo to help defray the costs of my son's treatment. It is my hope that we raise too much money from our efforts and help others who are my position.
The website with details on my son is:
http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/danielcox

Thanks Everyone, and if anyone has any ideas such as venue or anything else please PM me.

Chris Cox

TenTigers
03-24-2008, 07:20 PM
We will do a Lion Dance and Gung-Fu demo with you, Chris. Just say when and where.

mickey
03-24-2008, 07:33 PM
Greetings,

Sorry to hear about your son.

Have you tried fighting your insurance company? I think it is a bit late in the game for them to drop that on you. They should have informed you of that from the outset. If Sloan Kettering is not in the network, how are they going to get paid in the first place. That confuses me. You need more people on your side advocating for you in order to get the insurance company to do the right thing. Roll up your sleeves and kick butt. Use your lawyers, politicians, media, shoot, anybody who would like to look good standing up for you. And if all should fail, the insurance company will have a black eye for their lack of professionalism, compassion, sensitivity, and goodwill.

Were you given assurances that the insurance company would cover everything? By whom and when? Here is where you need to start?

mickey

TenTigers
03-24-2008, 07:36 PM
oh yeah, my phone is (631)351-1556
and anyone who calls with obcene phone calls,
I like to be called "Sir Gallahad."

ingchao
03-24-2008, 07:43 PM
We will do a Lion Dance and Gung-Fu demo with you, Chris. Just say when and where.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm still in the early stages of planning this and have never done anything like this before. I really don't know where to start- besides here.

ingchao
03-24-2008, 07:47 PM
Greetings,

Sorry to hear about your son.

Have you tried fighting your insurance company? I think it is a bit late in the game for them to drop that on you. They should have informed you of that from the outset. If Sloan Kettering is not in the network, how are they going to get paid in the first place. That confuses me. You need more people on your side advocating for you in order to get the insurance company to do the right thing. Roll up your sleeves and kick butt. Use your lawyers, politicians, media, shoot, anybody who would like to look good standing up for you. And if all should fail, the insurance company will have a black eye for their lack of professionalism, compassion, sensitivity, and goodwill.

Were you given assurances that the insurance company would cover everything? By whom and when? Here is where you need to start?

mickey
We're digging in for a fight with them, but profit is profit and is driven by greed.
"In Network" means that that particular Dr's fees are covered.
The insurance co.'s view is that there are other Dr's "in network" that treat this. None of them have the experience that Sloan's does. We want our son to have the best chance possible in fighting this.

mickey
03-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Hi,

I understand you, now. Did they tell you this up front?

Sometimes, exceptions can be made. I hope so in your case.

mickey

ingchao
03-24-2008, 08:02 PM
Hi,

I understand you, now. Did they tell you this up front?

Sometimes, exceptions can be made. I hope so in your case.

mickey
I found out today the exception was denied. We're still gonna fight them though.

lkfmdc
03-24-2008, 08:06 PM
I am an ALL survivor who was treated at memorial sloan kettering... back when I was a kid, they also had bad prognossis (sp?) but I became the exception

I'd set up a pay pal and ask for donations... honestly if everyone gave you just $10.... that is the wonder of the internet.

I will pray for your son, please keep us informed

ingchao
03-24-2008, 08:16 PM
I am an ALL survivor who was treated at memorial sloan kettering... back when I was a kid, they also had bad prognossis (sp?) but I became the exception

I'd set up a pay pal and ask for donations... honestly if everyone gave you just $10.... that is the wonder of the internet.

Knowing that gives me more hope!

The paypal thing sounds cool. I have an account, how would I set that up?

Mook Jong
03-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Oh my god chris, that's terrible. If I'm home when this is going on, count on me to do whatever I can. Also, maybe try getting in touch with leukemia/lymphoma society, they might have some help for you. Stay strong si-hing and my prayers and best wishes go out to you, your wife and your son

ingchao
03-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Oh my god chris, that's terrible. If I'm home when this is going on, count on me to do whatever I can. Also, maybe try getting in touch with leukemia/lymphoma society, they might have some help for you. Stay strong si-hing and my prayers and best wishes go out to you, your wife and your son

Thanks, Bro!
We're in touch with Leukemia/Lymphoma society and I think they're gonna help out with travel expenses.

Mook Jong
03-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Hope you don't mind, but i set up a facebook group, see if i can get some more people to see it. Also, i'll see if I can do a self-defence seminar for donations up here. I'm pulling for the little guy.

ingchao
03-24-2008, 08:59 PM
Hope you don't mind, but i set up a facebook group, see if i can get some more people to see it. Also, i'll see if I can do a self-defence seminar for donations up here. I'm pulling for the little guy.

Thanks!
I appreciate any help you can give.

drleungjohn
03-24-2008, 10:10 PM
Rik's idea of a Lion Dance begets a bigger one-why not put on a Friendship seminar-get some volunteer people to teach in hour-2 hour blocks and whatever money raised goes to your son and Insurance bills-- I'll donate time to teach a block for you

Eddie
03-25-2008, 04:27 AM
I cant do much to help financially, but I will see how I can get involved.

Also, please link the Facebook group here so that we can support and spread the word.

bodhitree
03-25-2008, 04:29 AM
God bless your family and your son, you'll certainly be in my prayers!

sanjuro_ronin
03-25-2008, 04:42 AM
Can this thread get stickyed so it doesn't get "lost" ?
Let us know when you set up the paypal account.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Drake
03-25-2008, 04:44 AM
How would I go about dropping a few bucks on this?

ingchao
03-25-2008, 04:46 AM
Rik's idea of a Lion Dance begets a bigger one-why not put on a Friendship seminar-get some volunteer people to teach in hour-2 hour blocks and whatever money raised goes to your son and Insurance bills-- I'll donate time to teach a block for you

That sounds great, that would be amazing!

I'm still in the Very early stages of planning this, so if you have a location or locations in mind let me know.

IronWeasel
03-25-2008, 05:17 AM

Paypal is a great idea. Those of us who are distant from you can still help.

Post your Paypal e-mail and I'll kick in some $$.

bodhitree
03-25-2008, 05:20 AM
Can this thread get stickyed so it doesn't get "lost" ?
Let us know when you set up the paypal account.

You and your family are in my prayers.

Great idea (about sticky), you should pm Gene or Seven Star about it!

ingchao
03-25-2008, 05:43 AM
Paypal is a great idea. Those of us who are distant from you can still help.

Post your Paypal e-mail and I'll kick in some $$.

Here it is:

ingchao777@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IronWeasel
03-25-2008, 05:48 AM
Here it is:

ingchao777@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Done.

I'm in for $10.00 as Lkfmdc suggested. Anyone wanna match me?

lkfmdc
03-25-2008, 07:59 AM
Done.

I'm in for $10.00 as Lkfmdc suggested. Anyone wanna match me?

I doubled you ($20)... who will step up and up the bid?

We need to set up a button, and/or a web page, for donations

lkfmdc
03-25-2008, 08:20 AM
if anyone has a web page, you can do what I just did at www.kingofsanda.net

keep this TTT

Mook Jong
03-25-2008, 10:14 AM
here's the facebook group

http://apps.facebook.com/causes/activity?cause_id=74812&member_id=4333471

lkfmdc
03-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Got this when I did a mass email

"What is your mailing address we will send a check and who do we make the check to?

Raymond Wong"

So who should they make it out to and where should they send it! :D

TTT

SevenStar
03-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Thread stuck. Post paypal info for donations.

ingchao
03-25-2008, 06:47 PM
if anyone has a web page, you can do what I just did at www.kingofsanda.net

keep this TTT

I can't thank you enough for your help, and donation!!!!!

Thanks to everyone who donated!

I'm in the process of setting up a webpage; it's gonna be :
fightfordan.com and it will have listings of the events we are planning.
I also had an idea on a smaller scale that's called http://www.cansfordan.com and it involves people donating money from their can deposits or E-mailing me to pick up the cans. Maybe this can be done on a national level (if somebody else didn't think of it) so we can help some other kids,too.

CLFLPstudent
03-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Your family is in my thoughts and prayers!

-David

banditshaw
03-25-2008, 11:56 PM
Prayers and thoughts go to your family.

The paypal is a great idea, please post the info when you can.

Peace.

ingchao
03-26-2008, 04:57 AM
Prayers and thoughts go to your family.

The paypal is a great idea, please post the info when you can.

Peace.

Thank for everyone's thoughts and prayers!

The e-mail for Paypal is:

ingchao777@yahoo.com

BruceSteveRoy
03-26-2008, 07:07 AM
i am not sure how to go about requesting support or assistance but you should try to contact the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and see if there is a way that they can help you out. do you have an online donations page set up?
i will keep your son and your family in my prayers.

Lucas
03-26-2008, 09:15 AM
I have the same request as the gentleman Ross mentioned.

I am not understanding of this paypal donation thing, and dont want to figure it out.

Tell me where to mail a check and who to make the check out to. Send me a PM if you like.

drleungjohn
03-27-2008, 07:25 AM
-You would need to find a place big enough for little or no money-maybe someone with a big enough school,town hall,rec center,etc-

THEN GET A GROUP OF VOLUNTEER SIFU'S TO TEACH IN 1-2 HOUR BLOCKS
Make it clear that all money raised is being done as FINANCIAL help
Make it a one day seminar
Alert the local News Media,TV,Newspaper etc, of the good will event-you might get help from other people that way
Come up with a comfortable price for the day

I will teach for you at this event

lkfmdc
03-27-2008, 07:48 AM
I will gladly donate my school to offer a place for seminars... and will be happy to do a seminar myself

my school (www.nysanda.com) should be able to fit a decent size seminar, certainly we can do several in one day

cjurakpt
03-27-2008, 05:18 PM

great idea John; I am in (I can even do a block specifically on "anti-cancer" qiqong healing in keeping with the overall intention of the event); maybe we can get everyone to do a group 108 "Om-mane-padme-hums" at the end as well...

I'll also throw in $20, just to match Dave

ingchao
03-27-2008, 08:27 PM
great idea John; I am in (I can even do a block specifically on "anti-cancer" qiqong healing in keeping with the overall intention of the event); maybe we can get everyone to do a group 108 "Om-mane-padme-hums" at the end as well...

I'll also throw in $20, just to match Dave

Thanks!

I'm definitely down for the healing qigong. I think I expended the last (almost) of my qi trying to help the little guy stay calm when they were sticking him with all those needles. I can't seem to get my qi level back up, stuff that used to always work only works marginally now. Gotta be the stress.

cjurakpt
03-28-2008, 04:49 AM
so, anybody got any ideas on location? ingchao, what part of LI are you located in (I'm in Bayshore, but travel all around for work)? there are certainly many venues available, and you might stand a good chance of getting a local school / rec center / VFW hall, whatever donated for the event; I work in a number of different schools / know people who work in schools, including a lot of PE guys, which could give a possible entree for requesting use of a space; my dad is an assistant PE prof at Adelphi, so he has potential access there and knows lots of PE directors at different places as well; and of course some local MA people might be willing to donate their space, but probably you want something that can comfortably hold 50 to 100 participants (which, if you market this right, could easily occur, if you consider how many instructors would really encourage students to attend, right?)

we should start a working list of participants in terms of doing seminars: I forwarded this to one local taiji instructor, Mike Pekor, (www.taichili.com) who said he'd be willing to participate, so looks like so far including him that makes 5 people (Rik, John C., Dave R., myself); I'll reach out to a few more locals, see if they are interested as well...

anyone know anyone in public relations / marketing? you might get some free press coverage for this, including advertising in local community papers if it's spun to them correctly? but that's not my area so I really don't know the deal w/that

ingchao
03-28-2008, 07:12 PM
so, anybody got any ideas on location? ingchao, what part of LI are you located in (I'm in Bayshore, but travel all around for work)? there are certainly many venues available, and you might stand a good chance of getting a local school / rec center / VFW hall, whatever donated for the event; I work in a number of different schools / know people who work in schools, including a lot of PE guys, which could give a possible entree for requesting use of a space; my dad is an assistant PE prof at Adelphi, so he has potential access there and knows lots of PE directors at different places as well; and of course some local MA people might be willing to donate their space, but probably you want something that can comfortably hold 50 to 100 participants (which, if you market this right, could easily occur, if you consider how many instructors would really encourage students to attend, right?)

we should start a working list of participants in terms of doing seminars: I forwarded this to one local taiji instructor, Mike Pekor, (www.taichili.com) who said he'd be willing to participate, so looks like so far including him that makes 5 people (Rik, John C., Dave R., myself); I'll reach out to a few more locals, see if they are interested as well...

anyone know anyone in public relations / marketing? you might get some free press coverage for this, including advertising in local community papers if it's spun to them correctly? but that's not my area so I really don't know the deal w/that

I'm located in Shirley (exit 68 L.I.E.). But I was thinking maybe we should center the location around where most participants are coming from. The locations you mentioned (Adelphi etc..) sound excellent. I know people who have connections to a newspaper or 2 that will help with this. Also, I'd need to get some kind of insurance to cover this, correct?
I think at this point we need some people to sound off on whether or not they'd be interested in attending. And maybe the instructors who volunteered can outline what they'll be teaching.

drleungjohn
03-29-2008, 04:56 PM
I think somewhere between Nassau and Suffolk-and I think we should mix up the curriculum-some chi gung,soem fighting,maybe weapons and or forms-

I will teach some Wing Chun something based on what the others decide to share

ingchao
03-29-2008, 06:42 PM
I think somewhere between Nassau and Suffolk-and I think we should mix up the curriculum-some chi gung,soem fighting,maybe weapons and or forms-

That sounds great!
I'm up for some sparring and have always wanted to learn Sil Lum Tao along with butterfly swords. I know some others who would like to check out some Wing Chun, also.

drleungjohn
03-29-2008, 08:18 PM
-You went from A to Z -LOL!

We'll see what the others' bring to the table--

cjurakpt
03-30-2008, 01:23 PM
like I said, I would do a qigong bit, specifically anti-cancer (unless there is interest in something else); what i can also do is reach out to a few local pediatricians and a larger number of pediatric OT / PT folks in terms of them advertising it in their practices; and if you decide on a general location, I can look into who I know in the area

finally, I agree with John, somewhere centrally along Nassau / Suffolk border would make the most sense in terms of location; a village rec center or VFW lodge might make the most sense, as they are usually easier to get access to than public school gymnasia...

ingchao
03-30-2008, 04:42 PM
like I said, I would do a qigong bit, specifically anti-cancer (unless there is interest in something else); what i can also do is reach out to a few local pediatricians and a larger number of pediatric OT / PT folks in terms of them advertising it in their practices; and if you decide on a general location, I can look into who I know in the area

finally, I agree with John, somewhere centrally along Nassau / Suffolk border would make the most sense in terms of location; a village rec center or VFW lodge might make the most sense, as they are usually easier to get access to than public school gymnasia...

Sounds like a plan... PM me w/#'s of places you think fit the bill. Like I mentioned, I'm out in the hills and don't know any places out that way.

drleungjohn: LOL, you're right my suggestion was a bit far reaching.

Also, who on the forum is interested in attending?

cjurakpt
03-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Sounds like a plan... PM me w/#'s of places you think fit the bill. Like I mentioned, I'm out in the hills and don't know any places out that way.

sorry, I should have been clearer - I don't know of any places specifically, just suggesting that rec centers / VFW / American Legion Halls are good places to think about as opposed to public school gyms, which you usually need an in to get into these days what with all the liability stuff; as far as places that I have an in, unfortunately they are all in western Nassau (e.g. - Valley Stream) where i had worked for ~~5 years up until last year, but that really doesn't apply in terms of a more central location (which also kinda rules out Adelphi); currently I am in one school in Syosset which is closer to the Suffolk border, but I'm kind of new there, so I don't have much traction yet, but I will certainly feel it out; also, I'll talk to my dad and see if he knows anyone or has any ideas for that area;

probably the easiest thing would be just to look at a map of LI, see what villages are located centrally, and start calling around to find out what sort of rec centers they have to rent out (and if they would be willing to give a fee discount / waiver for charity events);

and it would definitely be good to come up with a definitive of who is going to teach and what they are going to do;

Lama Pai Sifu
03-30-2008, 05:55 PM

I'll be happy to offer my school for this and I can get most of the Marketing and Public Relations done as well. I will not be available April 19-27, but May is open and other than June 18-24, I'm free as well.

I'll be happy to teach a 1-2 hour block and I'll make sure we get some TV exposure as well. I have a some friends who are very charitable who will help to support such an event and help with the PR.

We can easily fit about 40+ people at a time for training.

Let me know.

Please email me directly with the plan.

kungfu531@aol.com

MP

ingchao
03-30-2008, 06:24 PM
I'll be happy to offer my school for this and I can get most of the Marketing and Public Relations done as well. I will not be available April 19-27, but May is open and other than June 18-24, I'm free as well.

I'll be happy to teach a 1-2 hour block and I'll make sure we get some TV exposure as well. I have a some friends who are very charitable who will help to support such an event and help with the PR.

We can easily fit about 40+ people at a time for training.

Let me know.

Please email me directly with the plan.

kungfu531@aol.com

MP

Wow! Thanks!
I love it when a plan comes together! (Hannibal from the A-Team) :D:D
I think at this point we need to have some kind of meet-up or conference call w/everyone involved to discuss what dates are good.

drleungjohn
03-30-2008, 07:58 PM
ok-so if we stay on LI-Mike has graciously offered his school which is a bit more Nassau then middle of the two-he says he can hold 40 +

Dave has been gracious also in offering his school-

where do you think we will get the most people from?
Mike has also offered to teach-if we have 5 sifus-as of now Me,Mike,Chris are set-and we get 2 more at 2 hours each-that's 10 hours of teaching we need at least a 15 minute break in between each teacher-
so each person brings 5 of their students-thats 25 before the public if any show up at all

Chris-Chi Gung-
Mike Parella-?
John-Probably Chum Kiu and applications

lkfmdc
03-30-2008, 08:04 PM
I'll do a seminar (or two) also

We can also do events at BOTH Mike and my school you know :p

Lama Pai Sifu
03-30-2008, 08:44 PM
ok-so if we stay on LI-Mike has graciously offered his school which is a bit more Nassau then middle of the two-he says he can hold 40 +

Dave has been gracious also in offering his school-

where do you think we will get the most people from?
Mike has also offered to teach-if we have 5 sifus-as of now Me,Mike,Chris are set-and we get 2 more at 2 hours each-that's 10 hours of teaching we need at least a 15 minute break in between each teacher-
so each person brings 5 of their students-thats 25 before the public if any show up at all

Chris-Chi Gung-
Mike Parella-?
John-Probably Chum Kiu and applications

Choy Lay Fut or Lama, whichever.

And yes, we can do Dave's school and mine, no problem. I'll have at least 10 or 15 students attend. I'll cap mine at 15 so we can get some diverse groups of people. I think have each guy teach between 1 and 2 hours (possibly 1.5 each with 15 min breaks.) No one is going to stay for 10 hours of training, but people would stay for 4-6. You are not trying to teach to much in 1.5 hours. Students will get a little stir crazy after a few hours.

Are you (?) expecting to keep people for the whole time, or they show up for what they want to train in?? And what is the price point??

Schools can not only have people attend, but each school involved (sifu) can get thier students to donate/raise money individually. This way, the seminar can generate 4X the money...

Just some ideas.

MP.

cjurakpt
03-30-2008, 08:47 PM
ok, so it seems like we have a space, and an excellent one at that (lots of parking too!)

I would suggest that each seminar be no more than an hour: like that, someone could come and get a nice variety of different teachings, and it also allows more people to teach and in a shorter overall period (I mean, we already have 6 people offering to do stuff, and a very nice variety at that, and that's just from one thread on one forum - I can't imagine more people wouldn't volunteer if this gets some public exposure); also, if someone wants to do the first 2 hours, then take a break and then do another 2 hours, it's only and hour in between; and you can also charge accordingly: people can pay for one, two, three, four seminars, or do the whole day at a discount rate etc.;

I mean, in an hour you can still do a lot - maybe not a whole form, but take a few sequences and break them down; or teach a "mini-form" that gives people a flavor of what you do; i mean, even though the point is charitable, it is also an opportunity for people to gain some exposure, so think of it as sort of an intro to what you do?

(caveat: I'm obviously no businessman, so certainly I defer to those with much more experience than I have - just throwing some ideas out is all)

drleungjohn
03-30-2008, 10:47 PM
if it was just one price-that way nobody has to be the kung fu police or monitor on any level-for a one day seminar-with 6 sifu's teaching a smorgasboard of techniques/forms etc-for a good cause-people will stay and pay(from my experiences with these type of things)--

Make it 50-75 bucks for the day of Kung Fu-which is affordable and not insulting-and raises some money for you-which is also about the cost of a one on one private lesson for the hour with most people-

2 Places is awesome if we can pull it off-

I agree-let's limit this to the 6-which is 6 hours of teaching on the short end-and we have a schedule set up so if people ONLY want to come for one class they know what time it is-but the point is to raise money and give them a taste of other stuff they may not get or be exposed to otherwise all in one place

If we get others who want to teach-for free-(and the students they bring pay),they can have first shot at the next one if we do two-

Lama Pai Sifu
03-31-2008, 05:26 AM
Ok, so lets lay this out;

Here's how I see it;

6 - people teaching
6 - 55 min. blocks, (5 min break in between)

Make it a flat price of $50 with a 100% of proceeds going to help this gentleman' ailing son.

Cap the day at 40 (possibly 45) people - that's $2K ($2,250) raised. Not including any donations from students and their families that we can collect. I will estimate the money raised at at least $4000 - $5,000 - I will contribute $100 from my school, not to mention hitting up my students for some loot.

I'll get the PR and advertising/marketing done for free - Radio/TV/Newspapers to cover event.

We need a few weeks to promote and to pick a date:

Were does this guy live?? If he's not local (haven't checked yet), we'll do a video conference with him and get one of those GIANT Checks to present to him.

I'll also film the event, and have the DVD for sale on the internet - with 100% of proceeds going to the needy family. That might bring in a few grand in residual income for quite awhile. (6 KF Masters 6 KF Styles - Fight Lukemia...blah blah blah) I think will sell quite well.

The date:

Here are some suggestions;

May
11th
18th

June
8th
15th

(I vote for June 8th)

These are all Sundays.

OKAY - Here's what we need.

John - Contact me today at the school after 12:00 PM 516 739-8888. Please aquire all the contact info for the father and his family.
Chris - I'll call you before I chat with John - we'll coordinate times, dates etc.

INSTRUCTORS who want to be involved - send me an email, (Check the dates first)
and give me your contact info and styles taught (website would be helpful)

Not being bossy, just organized. We will all work on this as a team.

Speak to everyone soon.

MP

ingchao
03-31-2008, 05:47 AM
Ok, so lets lay this out;

Here's how I see it;

6 - people teaching
6 - 55 min. blocks, (5 min break in between)

Make it a flat price of $50 with a 100% of proceeds going to help this gentleman' ailing son.

Cap the day at 40 (possibly 45) people - that's $2K ($2,250) raised. Not including any donations from students and their families that we can collect. I will estimate the money raised at at least $4000 - $5,000 - I will contribute $100 from my school, not to mention hitting up my students for some loot.

I'll get the PR and advertising/marketing done for free - Radio/TV/Newspapers to cover event.

We need a few weeks to promote and to pick a date:

Were does this guy live?? If he's not local (haven't checked yet), we'll do a video conference with him and get one of those GIANT Checks to present to him.

I'll also film the event, and have the DVD for sale on the internet - with 100% of proceeds going to the needy family. That might bring in a few grand in residual income for quite awhile. (6 KF Masters 6 KF Styles - Fight Lukemia...blah blah blah) I think will sell quite well.

The date:

Here are some suggestions;

May
11th
18th

June
8th
15th

(I vote for June 8th)

These are all Sundays.

OKAY - Here's what we need.

John - Contact me today at the school after 12:00 PM 516 739-8888. Please aquire all the contact info for the father and his family.
Chris - I'll call you before I chat with John - we'll coordinate times, dates etc.

INSTRUCTORS who want to be involved - send me an email, (Check the dates first)
and give me your contact info and styles taught (website would be helpful)

Not being bossy, just organized. We will all work on this as a team.

Speak to everyone soon.

MP

Thanks for taking the lead in this, I'm the first to admit I'm clueless and a bit out of my league when it comes to organizing something like this.
Also, June 8th sounds good to me, too.

drleungjohn
03-31-2008, 07:33 AM
Guys-the 8th is my wedding anniversary-hmm-maybe it's time I did get that divorce-good excuse-LOL!-I'LL BE AWAY FROM THE 6-THE 13TH of June-any of the other dates are fine-but I like June myself-
Now I want to be in this-but if that's the date that works for everybody then so be it-

I think 50 is cheap,but ok-and I understand the thought process-all good extra ideas Mike-talk to you later-I WOULD WANT AT LEAST 2 WEEKS OF ADVERTISING THIS-THAT WAY THEY SEE IT-AND SEE IT AGAIN-

drleungjohn
03-31-2008, 08:13 AM
that's Father's day-probably not the best idea-at least for me-

and May 11th is Mother's day-also probably a bad-or worse-idea

Lama Pai Sifu
03-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Let's go with June 29th then. Graduations are finished by then so peoples schedules should be free, plus summer vacation hasn't really started yet.

We should firm up the date today, a good first goal.

cjurakpt
03-31-2008, 11:51 AM
June 29th is fine, actually it's perfect for me

as far as content, I now have a better idea of what to do: it will be taiji partnering stuff, but from a slightly different perspective than typical push hands - the reason I decided to do it is that it will be more fun than learning solo qigong, and more "martially" oriented in a way (I'll call it "Meandering Lazily Between Root and Sky: Dynamic Centering in Partnered Taiji Practice")

the only catch, regrettably, is that I cannot consent to it being videotaped - I apologize for being a stick-in-the-mud about this, it's just very simple: a lot of it is my teacher's original material and one of the agreements we make with him when we are given permission to teach his "stuff" (and a lot of it is actually original, based on his personal research into taiji / qigong) is that we cannot do anything instructional on video for public distribution (he has almost no "rules", but the few he has, he is a stickler for); also, if we ever did put anything that we have put on tape (e.g. - non-instructional demonstration), it would have to be something that we would have sole editorial and distributional control over, which obviously wouldn't be the case here; again, I am sorry about this, and I don't want this issue to derail what is otherwise a great idea: the two options are that my part wouldn't be included in the filmed version, or, if that doesn't work as far as generating maximal revenues, then certainly someone else could take my place (whatever works for the "team", I am happy to go along with)

so, I am in for date and content, just depends on what the verdict is about the video part; and as soon as we have promotional materials available I will blitz all the peeps I mentioned earlier with the info

oh, BTW - personally, I would give people the option of taking 1, 2, 3 or unlimited / all day: charge $30 for one, $40 for 2, $50 for 3 and $60 for unlimited, just a suggestion...and I'm sure keeping track of it isn't hard (and I highly doubt anyone will want to cheat on this): you mail out 1, 2 or 3 "vouchers" with each paid application that they hand to someone at the door at the start of each hour and for unlimited they get a badge they can wear all day long, so they can come and go as they please; that way, you don't fill up extra spaces - in other words, if it's a flat fee for all day and they only want to take one seminar, that's not only excessive but also, you don't know if they are going to do one hour or all day, so they may actually take a space away from someone else who wants to do a seminar that they wouldn't attend anyway, but you can't let the other person in because because you'd have to allow that the first person might take all six and leave room for them to do so, so you could loose money that way

Lama Pai Sifu
03-31-2008, 01:48 PM
Chris, I'll talk to you in person about this.

And we can't do 'pay per seminar' type thing. Too hard to book everyone for whichever event and you'll have spots unsold. It's not $100K we are talking here, just very easy to do a flat $50 fee to guarantee it will be filled.

drleungjohn
03-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Easiest is 50 and forget it-also we avoid hurt egos if somebody is there and they have no one in the class-other then the people they brought(seen it happen)

Lucas
04-01-2008, 11:10 AM
I have the same request as the gentleman Ross mentioned.

I am not understanding of this paypal donation thing, and dont want to figure it out.

Tell me where to mail a check and who to make the check out to. Send me a PM if you like.

So sorry, has this info been posted yet? I would like to donate via check and mail.

cjurakpt
04-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Chris, I'll talk to you in person about this.

And we can't do 'pay per seminar' type thing. Too hard to book everyone for whichever event and you'll have spots unsold. It's not $100K we are talking here, just very easy to do a flat $50 fee to guarantee it will be filled.

Easiest is 50 and forget it-also we avoid hurt egos if somebody is there and they have no one in the class-other then the people they brought(seen it happen)

ok, I get it; makes sense now (see, I'm not in the business, what do I know, LOL)

also, re: the bit about videotaping, I did double check w/my teacher, and his policy still stands as is; TBH, I don't really mind, since upon reflection I would personally prefer not to have what I do taped either; so either what I would do would not be included in a DVD, or, if being taped is going to be required, someone else can certainly take my place - as I said before, I don't want to stand in the way of generating maximal revenue here, so whatever is decided to be the best along those lines is fine by me (it might actually make more sense to find a teacher with a school who could bring students with them, since that would bring in more money as well)

just let me know

drleungjohn
04-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Chris-they are all none issues-no students-so what-it's what You bring to the table in content and experience-Video-no biggie-the camera is turned off-
no sweat brother-

See-you are like many who don't want to be videotaped-it's not a big deal(unlike some who make it a big deal)

TenTigers
04-03-2008, 11:10 AM
as far as fees-a flat rate is probably the best idea. I attended a "Day of the Masters" or something like that-had teachers from many styles-mostly jiu-jutsu, but guys like Wally Jay, Willy Cahill, Roy Goldberg, etc, each teaching a different seminar-each was short, probably an hour or less. One fee covered you for the whole day. It was in a hotel, and you were able to go from salon to salon experiencing each teacher's stuff. Very cool.
Anyway, after May 18 is good for me.
I will do "Short bridging in Hung-Ga" -usually gets a good response.
call me when you get this underway.

lkfmdc
04-03-2008, 02:10 PM
I am still in! I have a few personal things going on, but assuming they don't conflict I will be there and I can gladly do two seminars 1) traditional Lama Pai and 2) san da

cjurakpt
04-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Chris-they are all none issues-no students-so what-it's what You bring to the table in content and experience-Video-no biggie-the camera is turned off-
no sweat brother-

See-you are like many who don't want to be videotaped-it's not a big deal(unlike some who make it a big deal)
no big deal, just want to make sure that the intention of the whole thing (raising $) is preserved

as far as fees-a flat rate is probably the best idea. I attended a "Day of the Masters" or something like that-had teachers from many styles-mostly jiu-jutsu, but guys like Wally Jay, Willy Cahill, Roy Goldberg, etc, each teaching a different seminar-each was short, probably an hour or less. One fee covered you for the whole day. It was in a hotel, and you were able to go from salon to salon experiencing each teacher's stuff. Very cool.
Anyway, after May 18 is good for me.
I will do "Short bridging in Hung-Ga" -usually gets a good response.
call me when you get this underway.

on that note, we should come up with a definitive list of the presenters and the topics to be presented, and also the order that they should occur during the day; for example, my presentation on partnered taiji practice comes at it from a somewhat unconventional perspective, and gets people investigating basic concepts like "what is balance?": so that might be a good one to do first because it's generalizable to other areas - on the other hand, there might be a good argument for doing it at another time based on what other people are bringing to the table...discuss...

drleungjohn
04-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Mike Parella-
John Crescione-Wing Chun Chum Kiu form and Applications
Rik Kellerman-HungGa Short Bridges
Chris-Tai Chi/Push Hands
Dave Ross-possibly 2 classes -Llama Pai and San Da

We got 6 hours right here men!

ingchao
04-05-2008, 05:48 AM
Mike Parella-
John Crescione-Wing Chun Chum Kiu form and Applications
Rik Kellerman-HungGa Short Bridges
Chris-Tai Chi/Push Hands
Dave Ross-possibly 2 classes -Llama Pai and San Da

We got 6 hours right here men!

Looks like an awesome schedule!

Lama Pai Sifu:
Is June 29 still good w/you?

golden arhat
04-06-2008, 04:17 AM
have you thought about having help your son with alternative therapies, aka qi gong accupuncture ??

worth a shot right

i hope he pulls through

ingchao
04-07-2008, 04:08 AM
have you thought about having help your son with alternative therapies, aka qi gong accupuncture ??

worth a shot right

i hope he pulls through

Unfortunately, We don't know any legitimate practitioners.

drleungjohn
04-08-2008, 06:57 AM
So where we at, my men of the the dragon?

mkriii
04-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Sorry to hear about your son. I hope you raise the money to get the treatment I know he deserves. If you get a pay pal set up I'll donate what I can. If I were close to where you live I would do more. Hope everything turns out ok. I'll keep him in my prayers.

Mark Reed

cjurakpt
04-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Unfortunately, We don't know any legitimate practitioners.
always the biggest stumbling block to what, in theory, seems like a grand idea...

So where we at, my men of the the dragon?
well, as i understand it, we are good to go on location, date and curriculum; I guess the next step is the creation of the promotional materials and getting the word out...

ingchao
04-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Sorry to hear about your son. I hope you raise the money to get the treatment I know he deserves. If you get a pay pal set up I'll donate what I can. If I were close to where you live I would do more. Hope everything turns out ok. I'll keep him in my prayers.

Mark Reed

Thanks!
If you or anyone would like to donate, you can log on to paypal and send money to :
ingchao777@yahoo.com

Also, We've started a little program called "Cans For Dan" and what it does is encourages people to redeem deposit on cans and bottles-instead of throwing them out- and send the money to help pay Danny's medical expenses. The links to Danny's websites are below in my signature.

AND we just got our first bill from Memorial Sloan Kettering, and for the first 2 weeks of Danny's treatment there the bill is just over $10,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our insurance will cover part of that, 70% of what they deem "usual and customary" after the $2,000 deductible. His treatment is going to be 2.5 to 3 years long so, as you can see this is gonna add up into the HUNDREDS of THOUSANDS of dollars real fast!

cjurakpt
04-08-2008, 05:48 PM
BTW, you might want to reach out to local community orgs, like Elks, or Freemasons, whatever type of group is in your immediate or semi-extended area - sometimes they are into helping w/these sorts of things, e.g. - they might be able to have some sort of fundraiser and tap into an established network as well; I'm guessing that the "secret" to this sort of ting is not dissimilar to what a lot of kids do to get college $ - lots of small and mid-sized venues, just adding up over time...just obviously trying to pack in as much as you can while Danny is still in treatment, since after he's out it's obviously not much of an impetus for people to give $ (the unfortunate reality of the economics of fundraising, I guess)

ingchao
04-08-2008, 06:00 PM
BTW, you might want to reach out to local community orgs, like Elks, or Freemasons, whatever type of group is in your immediate or semi-extended area - sometimes they are into helping w/these sorts of things, e.g. - they might be able to have some sort of fundraiser and tap into an established network as well; I'm guessing that the "secret" to this sort of ting is not dissimilar to what a lot of kids do to get college $ - lots of small and mid-sized venues, just adding up over time...just obviously trying to pack in as much as you can while Danny is still in treatment, since after he's out it's obviously not much of an impetus for people to give $ (the unfortunate reality of the economics of fundraising, I guess)

That's how we're looking at it, too. Kinda like a "Blitz".

cjurakpt
04-09-2008, 06:14 PM
so what's the scoop with promotional materials? I got a bunch of people I want to reach out to, but don't want to do it until i have something concrete to give them (otherwise it's kinda lame ("well, there's a bunch of us talking about doing such-and-such on line") I want to try to start getting some commitments from them so somebody give me something tangible that they can start to disseminate it to their respective masses...

ingchao
04-10-2008, 06:27 PM
so what's the scoop with promotional materials? I got a bunch of people I want to reach out to, but don't want to do it until i have something concrete to give them (otherwise it's kinda lame ("well, there's a bunch of us talking about doing such-and-such on line") I want to try to start getting some commitments from them so somebody give me something tangible that they can start to disseminate it to their respective masses...

I really don't know what the deal is at this point, I haven't been able to reach Lama Pai Sifu despite multiple attempts. I guess I'm going to have to research another venue.

So at this point I'd just like a show of hands to see who's in, so I have a better picture of what's what.

lkfmdc
04-10-2008, 09:18 PM
I really don't know what the deal is at this point, I haven't been able to reach Lama Pai Sifu despite multiple attempts.

He's in China, he'll be back soon

drleungjohn
04-10-2008, 10:06 PM
So no worries from me-June 29th-

Chris-I just read your message now-I'll call you Friday

cjurakpt
04-11-2008, 04:00 AM
He's in China, he'll be back soon

isn't that the start of a Marx brothers sketch?

drleungjohn
04-22-2008, 07:18 AM
all quiet-who is doing teh advertising-have you made a plan?

drleungjohn
05-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Gotta drop out-something came up and I willbe away that weekend-I will still send my students

GunnedDownAtrocity
06-01-2008, 02:56 AM
christ man ... im really sorry to hear this. how is dan doing?

ingchao
06-02-2008, 09:00 PM
christ man ... im really sorry to hear this. how is dan doing?

Thanks for asking!
He's doing pretty good, he's just really skinny (and bald- like his dad).
And he doesn't eat much, but that's one of the side effects of the chemo. He's a tough little guy- he doesn't really know what's going on, he just goes on.

You can read more about him at http://www.fightfordan.com and there's a blog about his treatments and stuff at :

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/danielcox

ingchao
06-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Gotta drop out-something came up and I willbe away that weekend-I will still send my students

As far as I know, this ain't going down.:(

If anyone is still in, please PM me so we can sort this out.

lkfmdc
06-03-2008, 06:53 AM
Let me talk to Mike and let's sort this out, I admit, I got crazy busy last few weeks

BUT WE CAN STILL DO THIS!

GODsWarrior
06-09-2008, 01:56 PM
I prayed for you and your son. Everything will be alright, just have faith. GOD Bless

ingchao
06-13-2008, 11:38 PM
I prayed for you and your son. Everything will be alright, just have faith. GOD Bless

My family and I appreciate all positive thoughts sent Danny's way.

Also, tonight - June 14 -7:30pm- at Fin's pub in Oakdale, NY we're having a benefit show for Danny. There's going to be several hardcore bands, including a reunion of the band Tension*.

If anyone is in the area, please stop in and show your support, I'll be there and would be more than happy to see some fellow Martial Artists there, too.

lkfmdc
08-27-2008, 02:02 PM
We really dropped the ball on this one :o

can we still do a seminar? would that still help? I'll be more than happy to do one here in NYC

ingchao
09-20-2008, 10:09 PM
We really dropped the ball on this one :o

can we still do a seminar? would that still help? I'll be more than happy to do one here in NYC

Sent you a PM, The same day you posted this. Please send contact info.

Eddie
11-21-2008, 10:29 PM
Ingchao, Im just curious of how Daniel is doing?
All the best to your family.

ingchao
11-23-2008, 07:54 PM
Ingchao, Im just curious of how Daniel is doing?
All the best to your family.

He's doing really well, thanks for asking!!
He's still got 2 more years of chemo if all goes well. Right now he's acting like a typical 2 year old, which in this case is a good thing! It's kinda hard to discipline him knowing what he's going through.
And in spite of all the chemo he's receiving, he has regrown enough hair to have "bed head" in the morning.:D

Eddie
11-23-2008, 07:57 PM
good to hear! hope all is well.
;)

good luck to you all. Terrible twos can be bad ;) but thats what we want right :D

HungFighter
11-25-2008, 08:34 PM
Hey, My son also has Lukemia and he has ALL. But good new is that he is fine now and they do get better. I know some kinds are harder than others. but Keep praying and hopeing for the best. Its the only way to live. I learned to make every moment count and to be thankful for the time I have with my son. It seems that the medical advances are getting better in this area.

Hope all is well. We also had some great blessings as well, we were part of the "make a wish foundation" and our whole family was able to go with our son to Disney and other things. I am not sure if they have this where you are, but it was a good time.

I have to admit that since we have had to deal with the hardships of such a sickness, we have began to look at life and our kids differently, with a more lasting appreciation for every day.

IOn our case our son was also very young when he got it and it seems that when they are younger it is easier to fight.

I sympathize with you through those days of Chemo, and steroids etc etc. It wasn't easy at first for us to get our son to take the medicine, but we worked out a system of giving him a bit of medicine in a cup and then he had three or four other cups filled with water, juice etc and this made it like a game and easier. With the steroid type drugs he was hungry all the time and some medication made him hyper etc. I feel for you deeply.

God bless

ingchao
11-25-2008, 11:08 PM
Hey, My son also has Lukemia and he has ALL. But good new is that he is fine now and they do get better. I know some kinds are harder than others. but Keep praying and hopeing for the best. Its the only way to live. I learned to make every moment count and to be thankful for the time I have with my son. It seems that the medical advances are getting better in this area.

Hope all is well. We also had some great blessings as well, we were part of the "make a wish foundation" and our whole family was able to go with our son to Disney and other things. I am not sure if they have this where you are, but it was a good time.

I have to admit that since we have had to deal with the hardships of such a sickness, we have began to look at life and our kids differently, with a more lasting appreciation for every day.

IOn our case our son was also very young when he got it and it seems that when they are younger it is easier to fight.

I sympathize with you through those days of Chemo, and steroids etc etc. It wasn't easy at first for us to get our son to take the medicine, but we worked out a system of giving him a bit of medicine in a cup and then he had three or four other cups filled with water, juice etc and this made it like a game and easier. With the steroid type drugs he was hungry all the time and some medication made him hyper etc. I feel for you deeply.

God bless
We're going thru EXACTLY what you described with the meds!!
My wife, who was a nursing student until this happened, came up with the idea to give him chocolate with the pills to kill the taste. That worked great for a while, but then the pills got bigger. He still has to learn to drink after the meds to wash them away.
The steroids have been an adventure, too. A 2 year old with 'roid rage is pretty wild! Serious mood swings! And we've got another 2 years of this to go!
Thanks for the kind words, it feels good to hear from someone who has been where I am. I'm glad all is going well for you.

TenTigers
11-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Have a Happy Thanksgiving. A good time to just sit at the dinner table, enjoy the food, company, and mutual love, and connect with one another.
on a side note, I would like to do something after the holidays, (right now we are doing a food/toy drive) and I got a great idea- I am thinking of a way, perhaps a poster and a donation bucket, to tie this in with all the Chinese New Year shows we do. I think we can also go to table to table, and also put a small flyer on each table, asking for donations. Why not-they're a captive audience. E-mail me and we will hook up for flyers.

ingchao
11-25-2008, 11:44 PM
Have a Happy Thanksgiving. A good time to just sit at the dinner table, enjoy the food, company, and mutual love, and connect with one another.
on a side note, I would like to do something after the holidays, (right now we are doing a food/toy drive) and I got a great idea- I am thinking of a way, perhaps a poster and a donation bucket, to tie this in with all the Chinese New Year shows we do. I think we can also go to table to table, and also put a small flyer on each table, asking for donations. Why not-they're a captive audience. E-mail me and we will hook up for flyers.

Thanks, Happy Thanksgiving to you,too!
I had a similar idea for Chinese New Year, but I don't know how booked up you guys are.
The bills from the Dr's are rolling in fast and hard, so we've gotta start a new round of fundraising.

ailsa-2008
01-07-2009, 08:54 PM
Dear Sir or Madam:
We are Hebei Overseas Chinese School (HEBOCS).
We have continuously held a series of summer camp for many years. The schedule is from June 20th to August 15th and it is really an amazing camp.
Welcome to enroll in the name of both individuals and groups.
If the group member amount to 10, we will provide a free opportunity for the guide or leader of the team.
If you are interested in the summer camp, please contact us though the e-mail below: hebocst@163.com chinesekung_futc@163.com
The details of the summer camp are displayed below:
2009 Chinese Kung-fu Summer Training Camp
http://www.hebocs.org/English/dxly/xly%20gf.asp
http://www.chinesekungfutc.org/
We are expecting for your early reply and co-operation with you.
Regards
Sincerely yours,
Hebei Overseas Chinese School (HEBOCS)

ingchao
01-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Dear Sir or Madam:
We are Hebei Overseas Chinese School (HEBOCS).
We have continuously held a series of summer camp for many years. The schedule is from June 20th to August 15th and it is really an amazing camp.
Welcome to enroll in the name of both individuals and groups.
If the group member amount to 10, we will provide a free opportunity for the guide or leader of the team.
If you are interested in the summer camp, please contact us though the e-mail below: hebocst@163.com chinesekung_futc@163.com
The details of the summer camp are displayed below:
2009 Chinese Kung-fu Summer Training Camp
http://www.hebocs.org/English/dxly/xly%20gf.asp
http://www.chinesekungfutc.org/
We are expecting for your early reply and co-operation with you.
Regards
Sincerely yours,
Hebei Overseas Chinese School (HEBOCS)

Tried to contact you via PM and E-Mail and received no reply.

ingchao
01-31-2009, 11:22 PM
To the local ATA: American Tae Kwon Do Association for taking the lead and taking up a collection for Danny's expenses. These folks have shown what true Mo Duk, Wu De , BuShido is!!

Thank You!!

ingchao
04-07-2009, 05:29 PM
Even though Danny has had an excellent response to his treatment, he has been admitted to Sloan Kettering for observation.

Please check for further updates at his Caringbridge.org website.

Raipizo
04-07-2009, 07:48 PM
I wish i could help, but i have no money, for now all i can give you is my hope that everything will be ok.

SIFU RON
04-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Our prayer group prays each morning - 9 .a.m - and -evening -at- 9 p.m.-we have included you in our thoughts and prayers since this first posted on this forum.

My best to you. :)

Ron Shewmaker

ingchao
04-08-2009, 06:31 PM
I wish i could help, but i have no money, for now all i can give you is my hope that everything will be ok.

That's all I ask for.

TenTigers
06-03-2009, 03:50 PM
check your PM.s

Joesg2
09-02-2009, 10:08 AM
if you need a venue try seaside park or the cabaret in bridgeport ct seaside u dont need any money for booking and the cabaret never has anything so they should be free and willing to help if you tell them your story i am deeply sorry and ur son is in my prayers

xingbo
09-03-2009, 07:54 PM

hi,
my nephew also was diagnosed as ALL type of leukaemia at July 24, 2009.
he is just 6 years old, and now still in the chemotherapy treatment in the 3rd
People's Hospital in Luoyang city of henan province,China. we don't know how
much hope there will be to save his little life, could you please let me know the
detail treatment you took, maybe we can try...
thank you

ingchao
09-03-2009, 08:14 PM
hi,
my nephew also was diagnosed as ALL type of leukaemia at July 24, 2009.
he is just 6 years old, and now still in the chemotherapy treatment in the 3rd
People's Hospital in Luoyang city of henan province,China. we don't know how
much hope there will be to save his little life, could you please let me know the
detail treatment you took, maybe we can try...
thank you

Use the net to see what kind of reputation the hospital has for treating Leukemia first. Also, see what hospitals in china specialize in childhood cancers.
Fortunately, his form of Leukemia is the most treatable type- as long as he is getting the right chemo. My son's chemo treatment will be about 2 to 3 years long.
Call St. Jude's Children's hospital this, is the link for their International program:
http://www.stjude.org/international Even if you don't bring him to America they will give you info and or help.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: His immune system is going to be compromised by the chemo treatments. Keep him away from people as much as possible, he is very susceptible to even the common cold. My son was hospitalized for a week with an infection from a common cold. MAKE HIM WEAR A FACEMASK WHEN HE IS OUT IN PUBLIC. Keep everything as clean as possible and closely monitor his food. Make sure everything is well cooked, keep him away from restaurant and other foods not prepared very carefully. No raw foods! Even fresh vegetables have bacteria that can make him sick.
What is his current treatment?

Please e-mail with any questions, even the slightest concern:
ingchao777@yahoo.com

He's in my thoughts, I wish him the best care and an easy recovery!!!

xingbo
09-04-2009, 01:29 AM
Use the net to see what kind of reputation the hospital has for treating Leukemia first. Also, see what hospitals in china specialize in childhood cancers.
Fortunately, his form of Leukemia is the most treatable type- as long as he is getting the right chemo. My son's chemo treatment will be about 2 to 3 years long.
Call St. Jude's Children's hospital this, is the link for their International program:
http://www.stjude.org/international Even if you don't bring him to America they will give you info and or help.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: His immune system is going to be compromised by the chemo treatments. Keep him away from people as much as possible, he is very susceptible to even the common cold. My son was hospitalized for a week with an infection from a common cold. MAKE HIM WEAR A FACEMASK WHEN HE IS OUT IN PUBLIC. Keep everything as clean as possible and closely monitor his food. Make sure everything is well cooked, keep him away from restaurant and other foods not prepared very carefully. No raw foods! Even fresh vegetables have bacteria that can make him sick.
What is his current treatment?

Please e-mail with any questions, even the slightest concern:
ingchao777@yahoo.com

He's in my thoughts, I wish him the best care and an easy recovery!!!

it's so nice of you, i will tell my brother about your advice. my brother is just
a normal farmer in our countryside , he just has no knowlege of such disease.
i will do my best to help my brother to save my nephew's life. also i am looking
for help from the net. cause our family is too poor to pay the cost of the treatment.

ingchao
09-04-2009, 04:37 AM
it's so nice of you, i will tell my brother about your advice. my brother is just
a normal farmer in our countryside , he just has no knowlege of such disease.
i will do my best to help my brother to save my nephew's life. also i am looking
for help from the net. cause our family is too poor to pay the cost of the treatment.

There is help out there, It's just a matter of finding it.

St. Jude's will definitely help you find what he needs. They are supported by donations and provide treatment free of charge for children in need.

Best of luck to your nephew and his family .
Please keep me updated.

ingchao
02-20-2010, 06:13 PM
He's doing quite well these days. His hair has grown back and he looks and acts like a normal 3 year old. It has been really incredible to watch him fight this disease like he has in spite of the prognosis that the Dr.'s gave.

This kid is the Chuck Norris of Cancer patients!!

3 more months of chemo to go and then hopefully he'll have surgery to remove his medi-port. After that it's bone marrow and blood tests every six months from there on in.

I can't thank everyone enough who supported us both spiritually and financially through this ordeal! Our entire family really appreciates what everyone has done!

SIFU RON
02-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Great news ! Thank you for the update.

our very best to you and your family.

The shewmaker family