PDA

View Full Version : Master Samuel Kwok's new book Mastering Wing Chun

El Zorro 71
03-26-2008, 12:22 PM
I wanted everyone to know that Master Samuel Kwok's new book, Mastering Wing Chun, has been selling well all over the United States. I would strongly recommend purchasing this book, as it contains numerous direct quotes from Grandmasters Ip Chun and Ip Ching. The book also contains forwards by both of them, which is something that you won't find on other Wing Chun books. This book was also placed in the Ip Man museum.

I, myself, have several books from different lineages because I believe that information is power. Some of them have been signed for me, something that I am greatful for. In reading material from different Master's you can get a much different perspective on things.

The book covers all of the empty hands forms and is accompanied with hundreds of photographs as well. There are several photographs from Master Kwok's personal collection. There is a section on the Mook Yan Jong and chi sao. Also, is a chapter on fan sao! a wonderful and effective idea for combat.

Master Kwok's recently left Los Angeles where he was filming more material for additional videos, which should be out later this year.......

If you are interested, please click on the link below.....

http://www.massmartialarts.com/MasteringWC.html

take care all..

RGVWingChun
03-26-2008, 09:13 PM
Great book. One of the best, if not the best, out there on the wing chun history, methods, empty hand forms, etc...from the Ip Family Method.

Master Kwok has told me personally how dedicated he is to passing on the true Ip Family Traditions and who better than he? He has trained with BOTH of Ip Man's sons, beginning with Ip Chun in 1978 and then becoming a disciple of Ip Ching in 1994. He is one of a kind when it comes to wing chun knowledge. He has plenty of knowledge of not just the forms - which anybody can have - but he brings the chi sao experiences of Ip Chun and IP Ching and thousands of others who he has chi sao'd with over the years. THAT is invaluable knowledge.

I recommend it. you can get it fast from www.masteringwingchun.com

God bless,

Moses

RGVWingChun
04-10-2008, 07:08 PM
Has anybody received their copy yet???

KPM
04-11-2008, 05:07 AM
Has anybody received their copy yet???

Got mine, as well as the videos. I'll be putting up a review on my website soon.

RGVWingChun
04-11-2008, 05:43 AM
Did you know that master Massengill, the co-author is going to be in Texas May 10th?

KPM
04-11-2008, 06:37 AM
Did you know that master Massengill, the co-author is going to be in Texas May 10th?

Yeah, but Texas is a big state! That's a long ways from El Paso!

RGVWingChun
04-11-2008, 11:18 AM
haha....at least your near another state!!! Down here, to get out of the state is at least an 10 hour drive!! It's 12 hours to El Paso!!! I love Texas, but ya gotta hate it at the same time!!! LOL