PDA

View Full Version : To Gene Ching

FANWOO
03-28-2008, 06:32 PM
dear gene,

i was watching the "extreme qigong" dvd from your company,and i was wondering if you could tell me what type of bricks are used for the iron hand competition ? they look like adobe. would it be possible to get the name of the company that provides them for the competition?or where i could get bricks of similar construction? i would like to purchase some for myself to test my iron hand on. :)

FANWOO
03-29-2008, 08:09 AM
hello, :)

i was watching the "extreme qigong" dvd from "Kung Fu Magazine",and i was wondering if anyone could tell me what type of bricks are used for the iron hand competition ? they look like adobe. would it be possible to get the name of the company that provides them for the competition,or where i could purchase bricks of similar construction?

David Jamieson
03-29-2008, 10:39 AM
should just be red construction grade bricks.

If there's no mortar, they are cheating. If they rebake them, they are cheating.
If they get them from anywhere other than a regular hardware store that sells construction grade bricks, they are cheating.

bricks that are made for breaking are cheater bricks, they are weak and are meant to break with relative ease.

just sayin.

GeneChing
03-31-2008, 10:32 AM
I wasn't at that tournament personally. Even if I did, importing bricks from China to test your iron palm seems extravagant. Is that seriously the intention behind your inquiry?

I'm glad you enjoyed Extreme Kung Fu Qigong (http://www.martialartsmart.net/tc-ca105.html). That remains one of our most popular demo videos.

P.S. I merged your parallel post on the Shaolin forum FANWOO, but left a permanent redirect, so you'll still get the same amount of eyeballs for your question.

FANWOO
03-31-2008, 11:18 AM
dear gene, thank you for your response. no, i do not intend to import bricks from china. but i was hoping to find out what types of bricks are being used in the competition. see, all the bricks in my area are concrete. now while i have broken concrete bricks before, i notice that the bricks in the competition are made of a red clay. i just thought it would be a differant experience to break the same stuff the masters use.:)

Shaolinlueb
03-31-2008, 11:22 AM
bricks made up north are stronger then bricks made down south i have been told. how true is it? i do not know.