PDA

View Full Version : Pinheiros decent wing chun in Brazil

Vajramusti
04-01-2008, 12:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uip87uenfw

Ali. R
04-01-2008, 12:49 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uip87uenfw

The guy has good stance control, his shoulders stayed in pocket, and his feet truly followed his hands, that was very good demonstration of wing chun, I would also agree…

Ali Rahim.

Graychuan
04-01-2008, 01:20 PM
The guy has good stance control, his shoulders stayed in pocket, and his feet truly followed his hands, that was very good demonstration of wing chun, I would also agree…

Ali Rahim.

As I am not at the level for the swords yet Ill have to be careful not to speak too much about what I dont know but I agree the structure of the form was good and consistent. Saw a lot of the same movememts out of the hand forms just with sword in the hand.

Vajramusti
04-01-2008, 08:48 PM
a good show..he has kwan work on U tube as well.I think I know the person though I have not seen him in years.

joy chaudhuri

Ali. R
04-02-2008, 05:37 AM
I see what you mean and I’m really impressed, thanks for pointing it out for me Joy… Only a fool wouldn’t watch good wing chun when they see it,,,, well understand it… :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/brunorodrigues99

Take care,

Ali Rahim.

kung fu fighter
04-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Is this the Moy Yat's linage knife form?

Vajramusti
04-03-2008, 06:53 PM
Appears to be-One version of Augustine Fong' bjd work

joy chaudhuri

Ali. R
04-04-2008, 12:00 AM
Hey Joy,

Did Fong by any chance do a seminar in that region? It would be hard to throw anything away that A. Fong says, cause so many things that he shows and teaches are grounded in reality, meaning anything that he shows you (if you are able too understand) one will be able to use what he teaches that very day…

The man is simply incredible; I use to touch hands with him whenever I could (almost over 20 years ago) I learned a lot from him, and what I’ve learned, I just cant give up or throw away.

Do you think that Fong has a strong influence in the South America region, because I hear a lot of Mexican and Cubans especially Latino descent, speaks a great deal of him?

I know that you being a student of Fong for almost three decades or more, you may have seen a strong or somewhat good support of the Ho Kam Ming & Fong system from the Latinos, and maybe that’s how it leaked down into that area…

When you’re consider one of the foremost Masters in the Wing Chun system that teaches publicly (Fong), someone is bond to listen and copy what you teach and demonstrate (including myself) when something is good, its good and its nothing more that one can say…

When one is face to face with a Master of whatever art and he explain his subtleties to you, would it be wise to hone in on those ideal and make them apart of your existing art (if they work for you)… I have notice from all the masters that I’ve visit, they seem to say the same thing, but in more different and incredible ways…

Ali Rahim.

Vajramusti
04-04-2008, 12:02 PM
No. Gustavo is Brazilian. He lived In Tucson-he started after I did- I used to live in Tucson too
and I knew him. He learned from Fong sifu in Tucson before moving back to Brazil. He came to classes at Fong's center regularly and practiced regularly. He also learned from and worked with Nancy MacDonald, the best female student among the many that he has taught.
Fong's best and continuously senior student is Danny Chan...who is in a class by himself.Danny is not into inter net chatting.

While Fong sifu has done many seminars in his time-he is not into chain store building and remains fairly embedded in Tucson. Videos, demos and seminars gives only small glimpses of what he is about... in his real skills and understanding of wing chun. Of course he hada great foundation with Ho Kam Ming one of the very few who learned the whole system directly from Ip man and did chi sao regularly with Ip man. What Fong sifu has built on that foundation is remarkable in it's own right.. he has made his own contributions to the art.Good wing chun has both foundation and evolution.

Fong has an instructors seminar in late April/early May- you can check his website for details:
http://www.fongswingchun.com/home.html

Gustavo is on his own in Brazil and has taken good care pf his gift and evolving as well. He briefly was on KFO but apparently went quiet. His English is good but Portuguese is by far his language. I cant speak for him or any one else for that matter. There are fundamentals and individualities in the wing chun path.

joy chaudhuri

PS-where did you meet Sifu Fong?

couch
04-04-2008, 12:22 PM
I see Joy!!!

http://www.fongswingchun.com/instructor2007b.jpg

Best.
Kenton

Vajramusti
04-04-2008, 01:20 PM
Clicked on the wrong link and ended up with Simon and Garfunkel and other good folks.
Too bad Bridge over troubled waters wasnt on that clip.

BTW- I am nobody.

There are lots of good people in that picture. To Fong's left is Danny Chan and to his right
is Dan Maricich and at the end of that second row on Dan M's side is Iotti. In the last row is Carinna. She is very skilled- wouldnt want to be hit by her. All Tucsonians. Carinna has her Raven' studio where she makes Chinese martial equipment and weapons.
In the front row is Ed de la Cruz of Windy city wc.

Dan doesnt compete these days but he wiped many a plate clean in the 70s upto the mid 80s.
in many kinds of matches.

He was one tough spiker in volley ball- I believe a son was on the national volleyball team.

I used to live in Tucson in the 70s-am up the road in Tempe now since 85 after 6 years in Las Cruces, New Mexico.

joy chaudhuri
vajramusti

couch
04-05-2008, 06:44 AM
Clicked on the wrong link and ended up with Simon and Garfunkel and other good folks.
Too bad Bridge over troubled waters wasn't on that clip.

Both songs are good. :)

I can remember about 2 years ago now how in my head I was. I was studying acupuncture and Chinese medicine and had a wonderful mentor who became my friend. He used to watch me run around student clinic with my head cut off, stressing out.

He used to say in his usual calming and slow voice: "Slow down. You move too fast. You got to make the morning last." It was my mantra and sometimes still is.

BTW- I am nobody.

It's okay. I'm nobody, too. :cool:

Simple_easy
04-07-2008, 05:00 AM
Joy

Pinheiros decent wing chun in Brazil

Is my brother (Thomas Pinheiro) school's name (PINHEIROS WING CHUN). He is the one that appears in the video doing the Bot Jaam Do. He has his own lineage. (Moy Yat/ Greco Wong/ Thomas Lo)

However that knife form on the video is Sifu's (A.Fong) knife form. (Has sifu's personal signature)
Me and my brother used to practiced Wing Chun a long time ago. But since many, many years ago, each one followed their own path.

To set the record:
Besides being next to Sifu Augustine Fong in seminars and helping with the Panther production I studied under SiFu Augustine Fong on regurlarly basis, (that is as a regular student) daily basis, from 1986 to 1991, when I went back to Brazil.

I am Brazilian and live in Sao Paulo since then.

.........He learned from Fong sifu in Tucson before moving back to Brazil. He came to classes at Fong's center regularly and practiced regularly. He also learned from and worked with Nancy MacDonald, the best female student among the many that he has taught........

Of course I learned I lot from Nancy McDonald, because her exceptional skill (as a teacher and practitioner), also we were married. Wonderful time!

Since I came back to Brazil, I teach Wing Chun, in small non comercial basis, few students, in a way, my own oppinion, fits better to this style.
I teach absolutely classic Wing Chun.

My english is not as good as a university teacher, but yes, I do speak english. I speak for myself. Anyone interested to get in touch, please feel free to write to me. I do not like surfing in the net or forums.

My email address: gugap@uol.com.br

Big hug JOY

GUSTAVO PINHEIRO

Vajramusti
04-07-2008, 07:43 AM
The bjd clip was a bit dark in lighting for me.I told ed de la Cruz that there wasa chance that the guy was a brother or relative. Years go by and people add/lose poundage. The bjd form was a Fong form-
though there can appear to be small differences- not in overall sequence but in execution of the details.

When I began in 76 together with my kids I attended the evening sessions and often the afternoon sessions as well. Nancy often taught the afternoon sessions alternating with Danny
and Curtis. She was clearly a gifted teacher.

joy chaudhuri