PDA

View Full Version : Emei connection

Hendrik
04-01-2008, 04:44 PM
http://www.emeiqigong.us/articles/articles.html

enjoy.

LoneTiger108
04-02-2008, 11:20 AM
Thanks for sharing Hendrik. Just finished reading it and have to say the relationships Jim makes to the origin of 'snake & crane' styles like Emei/Bak Hok to WCK are very interesting and worth looking into further imho.

I've never been one who was too interested in the past styles that may have influenced the development of WCK. I'm more into the slightly younger Operatic connections ;) and how and why my own Sigung seemed to give up everything to study with Ip Man?!

This is a good read and it would be interesting to hear from anyone who can add to the research, or what people think about such inspired speculation...

canglong
04-09-2008, 09:45 AM
“Of the three major orthodox Qi Gong systems in China, the Shaolin and Wudang systems mainly emphasize the martial arts forms; Emei Qigong emphasizes healing, internal self-cultivation of Qi (energy) and cleansing one's heart so that one's true nature and latent abilities can emerge”.If this were true then it would not be the 3 Treasures of Shaolin. That's a fine example of why you shouldn't ask an emei man about Shaolin or Wudang.

Hendrik
04-09-2008, 04:49 PM
If this were true then it would not be the 3 Treasures of Shaolin. That's a fine example of why you shouldn't ask an emei man about Shaolin or Wudang.

It is a DNA search not a treasure hunt.

When is Shao LIn endose your research? lead us to the website.

canglong
04-10-2008, 03:19 AM
It is a DNA search not a treasure hunt.It is only a search for those with little to no understanding of what Wing Chun is. For those that know the search is over.

Ali. R
04-10-2008, 07:49 AM
It is only a search for those with little to no understanding of what Wing Chun is. For those that know the search is over.

Hey Tone,

You’re way ahead of the game; I couldn’t have worded it any better myself, I’ve always enjoyed your posting, stay safe and blessed… :D

Your Kung Fu brother,

Ali Rahim.

Hendrik
04-10-2008, 09:59 AM
It is only a search for those with little to no understanding of what Wing Chun is. For those that know the search is over.

Certainly, right!