PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good Qi gong for Emphysema

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Anyone ever have to help someone through Emphysema? What is commonly prescribed Gong wise?

From what little I know about it Qigongs like Taiji Ruler would be really good for it, but I would like other's imput.

mawali
04-02-2008, 10:56 PM
Qigong does not work like that or with such mechanistic quality!

Emphysema may reflect the breathing apparatus, obstruct the chest, throat, diaphragm and so will have other origin. Just be doing qigong will not nullify the etiology of the disease. Other changes have to be incorporated!

Take a look at Yiqiyangfeigong (Daoyinyangshenggong of Prof Zhang Guangde of Beijing University)!

Ben Gash
04-03-2008, 02:06 AM
Take a look at Yiqiyangfeigong (Daoyinyangshenggong of Prof Zhang Guangde of Beijing University)!

That's exactly what I was going to suggest.

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-03-2008, 06:16 AM
It's caused by smoking.

Thanks for the search key, I am googling it now.

David Jamieson
04-03-2008, 06:38 AM
It is highly exacerbated by smoking and general polution.
It killed my father.

I answered your thread in the other forum RD about what he did to extend his life span. It is treatable.

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-03-2008, 07:16 AM
THANKS GUYS!!

Does anyone know of any video of the Daoyin Yangshengong? I am curious to see if any of it correlates to Qi Gongs I already have. All I can find is background info on it.

Wong Ying Home
04-03-2008, 07:22 AM
There is a treatment method for people who are born with a genetic lung disease, and I cant recall the name of the disease. But the treatment is done by hand i.e using a cupped hand the thoracic area on the back and side of the chest it's patted with a firm pat. The cupped hand creates a pressure wave that vibrates the lungs and loosens mucus etc, which then can be spat out Thereby allowing for a less congested lung and airway.

Maybe someone here can say what the lung disease is I am refering to, teh disease creates a huge build up of mucus in the lungs. Dont do anything without due care and consideration and or medical advice.

This really is'nt the place for getting medical advice. :)

Dale Dugas
04-03-2008, 07:47 AM
Cystic Fibrosis is the disease where people make too much mucus in any and all of their mucus membranes.

Wong Ying Home
04-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Thanks Dale....I could visualise the name but not get it past the end of my fingers to write it down :)

Dale Dugas
04-03-2008, 10:20 AM
The funny thing is that I have an exam today and that is one of the topics.

Thanks for the help in recalling that which I will be tested on later.

Be well, train hard

Dale

David Jamieson
04-05-2008, 07:04 AM
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/emphysema/DS00296/DSECTION=7

mawali
04-28-2008, 01:06 PM
THANKS GUYS!!

Does anyone know of any video of the Daoyin Yangshengong? I am curious to see if any of it correlates to Qi Gongs I already have. All I can find is background info on it.

Try yesasia.com > videos > Mainland China > search Zhang Guangde

the ones that are available are: There are at least 3 versions of the same routine (sitting version, and 2 versions depending on degree of bending or whole body (usually lower body movement depth involving 3 yin and 3 yang channels of the feet)
a. yiqiyangfeigong (lung method)
b. heweijianpigong (stomach method)
c. shuxinpingxuegong (heart method)
d. yuzhenbuyuangong (kidney method)
e. shuganlidangong (liver method)
f. a revised baduanjin based on zhang guangde's system

These are mainly available from Chinese sources but Germany and France do have a following from Prof Zhang Guangde! More difficult in USA to get access.