PDA

View Full Version : Ruckus in the Cage, April 5 Asheville NC

Oso
04-03-2008, 06:43 PM
my buddy is fighting this weekend.

http://ruckusinthecage.com/AshevilleInfo1.htm

Malford Jeeter, Jr

4th fight from the bottom of the list.

he's lost a bunch of weight in the last year, he was up around 190 or so.

this is the same guy who tore his achilles while sparring at my school in Jan 07.

Egg fu young
04-04-2008, 03:36 AM
I wish I still lived there.

Oso
04-04-2008, 04:16 AM
I wish I didn't.

Oso
04-05-2008, 07:42 PM
it was a good match. fairly evenly matched and both kinda gassed but he won.

pics and vids tomorrow.

overall, I'll give Ruckus in the Cage 5 out of 5 stars for their venue.
good fights a lot of amatuer talent was displayed showing great promise for the future.
the matchups seemed very fair though some fights were very quick.
the ref was good and stopped a couple at the appropriate time.
the final fight, a 'championship' match at 180'ish was won by oma plata...I was like '****, that's an oma plata' :)

we went to dinner at a popular bar a half block from the civic center and it was full of fanboys and wannabe's...all pretty funny.

sat in front of a bunch of guys that trained mma locally and talked to a dude who says he rolled with me several years ago...:confused:getting old, I remember the face but not rolling with him.

monji112000
04-05-2008, 08:14 PM
it was a good match. fairly evenly matched and both kinda gassed but he won.

pics and vids tomorrow.

overall, I'll give Ruckus in the Cage 5 out of 5 stars for their venue.
good fights a lot of amatuer talent was displayed showing great promise for the future.
the matchups seemed very fair though some fights were very quick.
the ref was good and stopped a couple at the appropriate time.
the final fight, a 'championship' match at 180'ish was won by oma plata...I was like '****, that's an oma plata' :)

we went to dinner at a popular bar a half block from the civic center and it was full of fanboys and wannabe's...all pretty funny.

sat in front of a bunch of guys that trained mma locally and talked to a dude who says he rolled with me several years ago...:confused:getting old, I remember the face but not rolling with him.
who won in the tan soo do vrs. bjj fight?

Oso
04-06-2008, 05:47 AM
tang soo do of course...bjj sucks.

Oso
04-06-2008, 02:43 PM
working on pics now...

first one of my girl and Andre Orlovski...I wasn't willing to stand in the long ass line so she took the camera. That poor guy probably signed several hundred autographs and had pictures taken.

the second and third aren't that great...we were on the balcony level. Overall a great seat looking down on the ring. My camera just wouldn't carry the distance.