PDA

View Full Version : qi forms

bil jong
05-04-2001, 09:57 PM
what are the most effective qi forms out there available by video. and realistically are they authentic. thanks :)

YiLiQuan1
05-06-2001, 03:22 AM
Forget about videos. While they can be GREAT reference tools, without the instructor actually there it is pretty difficult to properly learn any technique or form related stuff (you may be making critical mistakes, but without the teacher as an external observer you would never know).

However, with qigong, EVERYTHING can be qigong! Walking, tying your shoes, taking a p*ss... Just do it with the correct methods and intention and it becomes qigong.

I may upset the purists a bit, but if you look at the foundation of qigong theory, it can be applied to virtually ANY physical activity - if we are talking about waidan that is.

Neidan is a whole different story. Boys and girls, do NOT try this without a qualified instructor available...

Just my 2 yen.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

Matt Stone

bil jong
05-06-2001, 08:31 PM
thats really great, but w/ no instructor available for such teachings , what do you reccomend as good tools to learn. are the shaolin bohdidarma tapes anygood , help me out man!