PDA

View Full Version : Looking for clips of Chinese medical Qi Gongs

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Hello!!
I am looking for good online video of medical Qi Gongs. I specifically need a documentary type segment that shows how effective Chinese Qi Gongs are for various health issues, especially cancer and Emphezyma more than an actual vid teaching a specific method.

As some of you know, a freind of mine has come doe with emphezyma. She does not really believe in healthy living, so I am hoping some positive Qi Gong promo type vids might start planting the seed with her.

I want to burn them to DVD and pass them on to her.

Black Jack II
04-04-2008, 06:48 PM
You mentioned this person does not really follow a healthy living pattern.

Tell me this person at least has stopped the smoking which has brought this on.:cool:

cjurakpt
04-04-2008, 06:57 PM
Hello!!
I am looking for good online video of medical Qi Gongs. I specifically need a documentary type segment that shows how effective Chinese Qi Gongs are for various health issues, especially cancer and Emphezyma more than an actual vid teaching a specific method.

As some of you know, a freind of mine has come doe with emphezyma. She does not really believe in healthy living, so I am hoping some positive Qi Gong promo type vids might start planting the seed with her.

I want to burn them to DVD and pass them on to her.

if she is not motivated to get better by the fact that she can't breathe that well, I am telling you that there ain't a snowball's chance in hel that watching a qigong vid will have any impact on her at all; as far as viable treatment options, she should get a script from her pulmonologist to see a qualified cardiopulmonary PT, it's really one of the best available options in terms of non-pharmacological treatments available; but if she doesn't care, trust me, leave it alone: you didn't cause it,you can't control it, and you can't cure it - the best you can do to help your friend is to tell her you are there to help her in any way she asks, and leave it at that, don't bring it up again - the fact that you are offering unconditional help and then giving her a "no pressure" space to do what she wants is actually the best gift you can give her; just remember, she's a big girl, she can make her own choices - as hard as it may be to watch her suffer, respecting those choices is the sign of true support, IMHO...

SPJ
04-04-2008, 07:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtKAsgC_zfc&feature=related

8 brocade

it helps regulating 3 burners including digestive system and lung function.

--

it is popular or most popular health related qi gong since song dynasty.

:)

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-04-2008, 09:11 PM
I know Ba Duan jin too! :)

David Jamieson
04-05-2008, 07:21 AM
rd-

imo you are way over complicating this.

You have said yourself that this person won't even take it upon themselves to stop smoking.

How do you think digging up some antiquated medical qigong will help them?

If you don't have the influence to help them quit smoking, how on earth do you propose to put them on a course of medical qigong treatments.

i appreciate your angst man, but investing your energies where they aren't welcome is folly. You have to accept that some people are the way they are because that is simply the way it is. Not saying give up on them, but it helps when they have not already given up on themselves.

continuance of smoking is active rejection of you and active denial of the situation to begin with. Digging up some alien unfamiliar practice is not going to help things and is going to only leave you feeling as frustrated as a half sexed up nun.