PDA

View Full Version : Is Bruce Lee a good role model for others? Why or Why not?

SingLung323
01-07-2001, 01:10 AM
Is Bruce Lee a good role model for others?
Why or Why not? I want your opinion and why do people think he's a good role model for others.
Thanks everyone!

HuangKaiVun
01-07-2001, 05:52 AM
NOBODY is a good role model for anyone else.

When I was younger, I used to follow all sorts of "role models".

Now that I know better, I believe that it's more important that a person push himself to be the best he can be instead of as good as someone else is.

Everybody is different, even identical twins. They should do the best for themselves given their unique life experiences.

In that way, Bruce Lee WAS a good role model. He sought to be the best fighter he could be, even if it meant going his own way.

LEGEND
01-08-2001, 04:55 AM
BRUCE LEE is known to the public as an incredible charismatic martial arts MOVIE STAR...
Those that have trained with him and read enuf about him...knows he was legit...however I think he is a GOOD ROLE MODEL for the reason why many athletes are considered good ROLE MODEL...their focus on something...anything...whether it's FORMs, WEAPONs, NHB, WING CHUN, BOXING etc...peeps love to use athletes as role models...look at MICHAEL JORDAN and the legion of fans he had and still have! WOW! But once these uhhhhhhhhhhhh KIDs grow up...they no longer need these role models...they grow to be an individual! But every now and then I'll look to BRUCE motivational words...cockiness...desire to make MILLIONs etc...and say I WANT TO BE LIKE THAT!

A

jutsow
01-08-2001, 05:48 AM
why not ,i mean hey, its not like he slept around cheating on his wife , or did drugs or anything......oh..wait a minute.. he did do those things didnt he. plus he studied wing chun wich even without the other things i just cant forgive him for.

Kenji
01-08-2001, 01:14 PM
I think he is a good example to martial artist what can be achieved by hard training, single mindedness, innovation and open mindedness. However, I think he is quite impulsive and a show off, a no no in martial arts. Saying that however, he readily concedes in my opinion when someone is better than him in something or has something unique to offer.

HuangKaiVun
01-08-2001, 02:43 PM
One must give in order to receive.

Sing Lung, what do YOU think?

origenx
01-08-2001, 08:08 PM
Of course he had his flaws, but probably many more admirable qualities that you might find inspirational like persevering thru many obstacles and not losing faith in himself

Kong Jianshen
01-08-2001, 09:22 PM
"i mean hey, its not like he slept around cheating on his wife , or did drugs or anything......oh..wait a minute.. he did do those things didnt he."

Heh heh heh.. Its funny how people try to cover up the truth? I have only seen one documentary where they ADMITED that Bruce was very possibly cheating on his wife and that he liked to smoke hash sometimes to calm him down. Yet, you say that to some of the Bruce worshippers out there and they flip out! Its the truth people!

I personally don't hold anything against him. His marriage affairs was HIS problem. :D As for smoking hash.. I know some martial artists who do alot more unhealthy things!

Always seeking to learn,
Kong Jianshen
Humble disciple of the ancient Boxing Arts

MoQ
01-08-2001, 09:54 PM
He thought he had great new ideas about training and DIED VERY YOUNG.
Are y'all lemmings or what???