PDA

View Full Version : Lin Wan Chop Choy

nospam
04-05-2008, 07:48 AM
How lin wan chop choy is applied. Stance movement could not be shown due to lineage restrictions.

We teach - the One technique that flows like water: punches like Tiger sticking out its head!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AMcpBtcjAU

nospam
:cool:

htowndragon
04-05-2008, 08:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RA8iDdtCRA

looks VERY MUCH like lions roar (hop gar) basics. if you hadn't labeled it choy lee fut i would have thought it was someone doing hop gar hands.

nospam
04-05-2008, 10:02 AM
Yes. Some obvious differences but I have noted some obvious similarities, especially in some of the fighting concepts.

nospam

diego
04-05-2008, 05:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RA8iDdtCRA

looks VERY MUCH like lions roar (hop gar) basics. if you hadn't labeled it choy lee fut i would have thought it was someone doing hop gar hands.

hop ga with the leopard stabbing...hop ga uses gorilla crane like frame...

I'm starting to figure out what it all means, when I first got into gung fu I heard of the 5 southern family styles in the legends....looking up triad history it's starting to make sence why these 5 families are very much cousins...they all use the same fighting concepts based off the shaolin animals and lohan...then hop ga came out and brought in some northern and western chinese methods.

Gonna run a search on the 5 families 5 animals 5 elements of the south.

Steeeve
04-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Good video Nospam

Lien wan choy

lien wan choy used the hip or waist for succesive punch like a boxer jab...same mechanist ....but a boxer used mostly the arm motion .....

does the lien wan choy could used the left and right punch like the wing chun chain punch .....different style but same principle.....?

steeve

nospam
04-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Continuous aggressive attacking is the similarity but it ends there.

nospam

Steeeve
04-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Nospam

could you give more info ?

Does buksing used some fake .......I mean fake hight punch low or vice versa with the samepunch fist....

does we could fake punch left jab and go with a right cross to make contact and follow with another chop choy...

lien wan choy sucessive punch........

Whats the difference of the Lien wan choy of buk sing........

Steeve

chasincharpchui
04-15-2008, 04:08 AM
Nospam

could you give more info ?

Does buksing used some fake .......I mean fake hight punch low or vice versa with the samepunch fist....

does we could fake punch left jab and go with a right cross to make contact and follow with another chop choy...

lien wan choy sucessive punch........

Whats the difference of the Lien wan choy of buk sing........

Steeve

u know what steeve, i mite aswell tell u our snake techniques aswell and how they are applied

....not

THIS IS A MESSAGE TO ANYONE WHO SAYS: "I know Lin Waan Charp Chui, or I've seen buk sing lin waan charp chui, and i see no difference"

You don't know lin waan charp chui unless u have studied it under a buk sing master.

doing left right charp chui does not mean ur doing lin waan charp chui

alot of you take the lin waan term too literally.

And no im not gonna offer any insight into what it is, nor am i going to explain it.

If you want to learn or curious to what it really is. Go Find a Buk Sing Master. Not a certified instructor, but a real Buk Sing Master.

And to any other ppl out there that say "oh i know lin waan charp chui it is just this...blah blah blah nothing special, don't see what the big fuss is".

there were many masters of clf of sijo tam sam's time who witnessed lin waan charp choi. they even asked him to teach them. but because tam sam's clf was so evolved from what they were familiar with, their understanding of lin waan charp choi could only be so deep.

so its natural for other lineages to say " i know buk sing lin waan charp choi".

many years ago i asked a clf master of another lineage. what is buk sing lin waan charp choi, at the time he did not know i did buk sing. and he showed me
and what i witnessed was him goin from horse to bow back to horse then to bow, and throwing his right charp left charp right charp left charp and so on
he finished by saying "there, this is lin waan charp choi, nothing special".

i treasure what i know, and i'm sure nospam does aswell.

there are enuff youtube clips on buk sing for you guys to see how vicious our style is.

if you guys wanna learn or know the difference. you should ask a real buk sing master and experience it first hand.

nospam
04-15-2008, 05:05 AM
Hi Steeve. Let me put it to you like this..there are no secrets in Fut Gar, your understanding depends on how diligent and how hard you practice under a competent master. This can only begin with one's foundation training. Concepts and methods that advanced practitioners can use and apply to their practice will not be understood by beginners.

We of the Bak Hsing Kwoon have tried to explain as much as possible here that what we do carries a similar beginning to many other southern Gars but our recognised FOUNDER developed his gung fu beyond what he had learned from his teachers, and this began while he still learned from Lui Chan!

Tam Sam was not recognised because of his location of his school - that is the silliest explanation I continue to hear. Why would the powers that be at that time acknowledge someone their own branch merely for opening a kwoon or for being a victorious fighter. Think about that. Really think about that. Oh there is much more to that story indeed.

Tam Sam's location was merely a beacon that attracted others to his Fut Gar: both became famous. One synonymous with the other. People that say or believe they understand but have not spent years learning explain that those of Bak Hsing Kwoon are different because they primarily do chap choy. As is lin wan, so to is chop choy; either are not unique in and of itself.

Funny thing is..at the end of the day, it is still a chop choy to the throat! :D

nospam

Steeeve
04-16-2008, 06:55 PM
thank chansincharp chui and nospam

I think I have a idea of the lien wan charp chui.......transition of stance for the waist power with footwork(running horse) with the used of the weapon charp chui...whatever if its done with the same fist or alternated fist.....successive attack...striking vulnerable target....

Steeve

Steeeve
04-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Probably the more important about the lian wan chop choy is the footwork ....

Steeve

sanjuro_ronin
04-22-2008, 01:15 PM
How lin wan chop choy is applied. Stance movement could not be shown due to lineage restrictions.

We teach - the One technique that flows like water: punches like Tiger sticking out its head!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AMcpBtcjAU

nospam

His arms are moving before his waist, is it suppose to be like that?

Steeeve
04-22-2008, 02:32 PM
sanjuro

you give me the secret here;)....the arms clear the way ...Does could be the arms gain the centerline first....?or control the centerline or the gate for not be strike without have to block or parry?

whats about the full extension of the arm and the forward pressure of the stance.....does that to give more penetration or more reach or another goal....

with this extension of the arms the stance have to be very forward.....so a little change in the horse stance....more weight forward.....in fast action thats more a shuffle transition thats why i call that running horse....a fast change of bow stance to horse stance with forward step....dynamic footwork

hope u understood what i say ....my english is so so .....

Steeve

Ps Thank to respond to me

around 4 years ago we had a sifu of Buk sing CLF here in Ottawa......now he is back to HK

nospam
04-22-2008, 03:03 PM
sanjuro_ronin - Master Jax shows the true intent of lin wan as well as the basic premise.

Steeeve - il est bon vous pensent à la façon dont lin wan de bak hsing peut fonctionner. Vous pouvez trouver beaucoup de réponses à beaucoup de questions. ;)

nospam

Steeeve
04-22-2008, 04:30 PM
nospam

Merci de me parler en francais .......je comprend tres bien votre francais ....
vous etes excellent.....

Canada est bilunguial .....francais ou english not important...:) bad communication is the core of War like the religion or the fate

I will stay in english since the USA have NO need to talk French and ........:D

the lian wan chop choy could work very well like the successive chain punch of wing tsun......

Does the flying chap choi could be include in the lian wan chap choi principles
LIan wan chopp choi is more a principles than a technique? .....thats sucessive attack
could be gwa ,chap ,sow(lien wan choi).....the foot work is the most important thing....

Buk sing used mostly the chop choy like a attack...and lien wan choi like a sucessive strike like wing chun.....likein wing chun just do three sucessive straight punch is nothing you need to have the footwork and the power generation ....wC dont used the same power ....CLF used the waist like a boxer ....the root of this power came from the stance....the ground

but also from the waist turning and the reverse motion ......of the waisti mean at the impact with the right punch you retract the right hip...thats give you the impulse to step your body forward and continue the successive attack ....

Let me know if Im wrong

Nospam maybe you could do correction to my english ....if I dont write it very godd:)

thank Brother

Steeve

nospam
04-22-2008, 05:08 PM
Steeeve - sesole, mais vous n'avez pas tout a fait raison dans ce que vous dites.
What you say is good basic form(e) for gung fu.

I am sure you can appréciez no one will tell you aine technique, mon ami.

Now..mange-toi du pain blanc. :D

nospam

Steeeve
04-22-2008, 06:32 PM
Nospam

tu veut dire pain blanc ,pour pain francais ....

I dont understand what you mean by im not right ...about basic forms for kung fu

Said that to me in english ....I understood very well english ....
Basics is what give the core of each style.....each style have their own method and basics.....

in buk sing .....the basics is the footwork .....whatever the combos you do ....I means hands combos

the running horse or shuffle step....is very mportant the horse to step to bow stance to horse and so on...

after you could adds the hands combinaition ....

thats whats you learned after ....a repetition of line in straight line of combos hands with the footwork....dont remember the chinese names of this combos .....its not important anyway.....

maintenant .... you eat brown bread:D

nospam
04-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Steeeve :D

Mange-toi du pain blanc - ‘eat your white bread.’ A saying in Quebec to 'Enjoy what you have before you.'

When I said not quite right in your thinking, I meant specifically about you trying to figure out bak hsing moves. What you are trying to reason out and in what you are saying is good basic form for ALL gung fu...period.

I do not eat bread. Digesting a few years worth in my gut as it is :p

nospam

Steeeve
04-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Nospam

On dis mange tes croutee......au Quebec.....:)

I dont try to figure it out ....each style have their own principles and concepts...
thats whats is important ...without thats you just have techniques with no roots...

in buk sing the lien wan choi is a not a techniques ....thats a concepts with principles to do some techniques.....whaterver the tools you used ....I mean the fist ...with a footwork.....to score....

Nospam the canadien de Montreal are the only one to left for the stanley cup

like I alway said its not who s right but whos left:):):):)

Thank Bro I like to talk with you

Steeve

sanjuro_ronin
04-24-2008, 01:11 PM
Steeeve :D

I do not eat bread. Digesting a few years worth in my gut as it is :p

nospam

You know that actually isn't true, right?

Steeeve
04-24-2008, 01:25 PM
sanjuro

for sure....Im sure he eat bread,breasts hahaha....my best is i have a dog a puddles or poodles...so complicated the english;)

Sanjuro

Whats about my comment does im right or left :D

Steeve

Steeeve
04-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Whats up my english friend Canadian ....by the name of Nospam and Sanjuro

Vous manger vos croute.....

Whats ur concept and principles of lian wan choi......????

Steeve:D