PDA

View Full Version : "Raise your hands and step away from the hedgehog."

Oso
04-07-2008, 04:32 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/04/07/newzealand.hedgehog.ap/index.html

B-Rad
04-07-2008, 06:30 AM
I seem to see a lot of crazy news out of NZ :p Saw one about wombat rape last week, lol.

B-Rad
04-07-2008, 06:35 AM
WELLINGTON (AFP) - A New Zealand man has been sentenced to community service after telling police he had been raped by a wombat and the experience had caused him to start speaking "Australian".

Arthur Cradock, a 48-year-old orchard worker from Motueka on South Island, rang police on February 11 to say he was being raped by the slow moving Australian marsupial at his home, The Nelson Mail reported.

He rang back soon afterwards to say he was withdrawing his complaint against the wombat, a court was told Wednesday.

"Apart from speaking Australian now, I'm pretty all right you know," he told police in the second call.

Cradock pleaded guilty to using a phone for a fictitious purpose and was sentenced to 75 hours community work.

Prosecutors said alcohol played a large part in Cradock's life, although his defence lawyer said he was not drunk on the afternoon of the phone calls.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080328/od_afp/nzealandwombatoffbeat

Oso
04-07-2008, 06:45 AM
holy crap! now that's funny.

BruceSteveRoy
04-07-2008, 07:48 AM
as the owner of a pet hedgehog i can attest to how sharp their quills are. mine has drawn blood before. now its old and fat anddoesnt mind being handled. but when it was younger it was fiesty. i just hope he threw a dead one and didnt kill a live one.

Oso
04-07-2008, 07:52 AM
what kind of personality does a hedgehog have?

i dated a girl for a while that had a pet rat...kinda wierd at first but the **** thing would sit on my knee and watch TV.

B-Rad
04-07-2008, 08:07 AM
haha, here's an old one out of NZ:

40 drunken Claus imposters storm through city, wreaking ‘Santarchy’

WELLINGTON, New Zealand - A group of 40 people dressed in Santa Claus costumes, many of them drunk, rampaged through New Zealand’s largest city, robbing stores and assaulting security guards, police said Sunday.

The rampage, dubbed “Santarchy” by local newspapers, began early Saturday afternoon when the men, wearing ill-fitting Santa costumes, threw beer bottles and urinated on cars from an Auckland overpass, said Auckland Central Police spokeswoman Noreen Hegarty.

She said the men then rushed through a central city park, overturning garbage containers, throwing bottles at passing cars and spraying graffiti on buildings.
Story continues below ↓advertisement

One man climbed the mooring line of a cruise ship before being ordered down by the captain. Other Santas, objecting when the man was arrested, attacked security staff, Hegarty said.

The remaining Santas entered a downtown convenience store and carried off beer and soft drinks.

“They came in, said ’Merry Christmas’ and then helped themselves,” store owner Changa Manakynda said.

Alex Dyer, a spokesman for the group, said Santarchy was a worldwide movement designed to protest the commercialization of Christmas.

Three people were arrested and charged with drunkenness and disorderly behavior.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10511277/

BruceSteveRoy
04-07-2008, 12:26 PM
what kind of personality does a hedgehog have?

i dated a girl for a while that had a pet rat...kinda wierd at first but the **** thing would sit on my knee and watch TV.

hedgehogs like to sleep a lot and hate to be woken up (unless you are waking them up to feed them meal worms). they can get stabby when you try to get them to wake up during the day. but i think mine knows my smell or something bc once she is a wake she is not aggressive with me. mostly they just love to run around and mine is a big fan of swimming in the bath tub. but she does snuggle up against me if i sit on the florr with her. or if i am holding her she buris her head int he crook on elbow and tries to go to sleep. i think its a nice pet but unfortunately i have to give her away when i move out of the country.

Oso
04-07-2008, 12:56 PM
kinda cool.

i wouldn't mind a ferret. a good friend of mine kept one or two for years till he got kids.

now he's collecting stray dogs.

another girl I dated wanted me to catch a whistle pig for her...she thought they were cute.

MasterKiller
04-07-2008, 01:16 PM
kinda cool.

i wouldn't mind a ferret. a good friend of mine kept one or two for years till he got kids.

now he's collecting stray dogs.

another girl I dated wanted me to catch a whistle pig for her...she thought they were cute.
Ferrets are awesome but they sh1t wherever they want.

My in-laws have one and he's fun to play with. He also hordes diet pepsi bottles under their bed.

Oso
04-07-2008, 06:11 PM
one of the guys I trained with back in high school had one.

we attempted to create a ferret style but quickly realized hopping to the side three times and falling down would not be very effective