PDA

View Full Version : Captain Nanny State Strikes Again-Sword Ban

Black Jack II
04-07-2008, 07:59 AM
The anti-self defense nation does it again. One more method of personal responsibility taken away from the serfs by Captain Nanny.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7331099.stm

sanjuro_ronin
04-07-2008, 08:03 AM
None of this would have happened if people had guns to defend themselves ;)
LOL !

Silly laws.
Next up:
Butcher knives and extra large condoms !

B-Rad
04-07-2008, 08:13 AM
What about "non-samurai" swords? And it sounds like the samurai sword wielding youth gangs could easily get around the ban by setting themselves up as drama troupes :D

1bad65
04-07-2008, 10:12 AM
Just proving yet again, no matter what weapons you ban, people will find something to attack someone with if they want to.

Notice it's the ones who obey the laws over there who lose more and more things they could use to defend themselves.

SPJ
04-07-2008, 10:34 AM
if you want to practice swordplay

you may practice with a wooden one.

if you want to use as a weapon,

then anything sharp could be a weapon.

even rope, a piece of rock, --

--

butter knife, fork. broken glass, broken plate,

--

oops just everything under the sun.

:eek:

Eric Olson
04-07-2008, 11:27 AM
If you could make a piece of white bread into a weapon....THEN I would be impressed.

if you want to practice swordplay

you may practice with a wooden one.

if you want to use as a weapon,

then anything sharp could be a weapon.

even rope, a piece of rock, --

--

butter knife, fork. broken glass, broken plate,

--

oops just everything under the sun.

:eek:

sanjuro_ronin
04-07-2008, 11:33 AM
If you could make a piece of white bread into a weapon....THEN I would be impressed.

I see you have never met Nicolai Hel :D

Note: Shibumi by Trevian.

xcakid
04-07-2008, 11:46 AM
The anti-self defense nation does it again. One more method of personal responsibility taken away from the serfs by Captain Nanny.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7331099.stm

They are just going back to their roots.
Freedom and equality is short lived if serfdom is ingrained in their minds. Look at UK's history, they've banned weapons before from their "citizens" for fear of uprising. What is the difference now? Nothing, except the goverment is not as bold as to say, "because I said so" Instead, they do it under the guise of safety.

I am just preparing myself for that to happen here in the US. It may come slowly, but it will happen.

We are breeding a world of wussies. So easy to give up basic human rights of defense. So easy to buy into propaganda without question. So easy to bow down to authority in which they themselves grant and then fear. :(

Becca
04-07-2008, 01:22 PM
At the top:

Eight years ago a councillor was killed by a man wielding a samurai sword in the office of Cheltenham Liberal Democrat MP Nigel Jones.

Caption under the picture:

In 2000 MP Nigel Jones survived a samurai sword attack
So, was he killed or not?:confused:

MasterKiller
04-07-2008, 01:24 PM
At the top:

Caption under the picture:

So, was he killed or not?:confused:

The counciller was killed, Nigel survived the attack.

B-Rad
04-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Oh, I see now. A councilor in Nigel's office was killed, but Nigel himself was merely wounded...

Becca
04-07-2008, 01:28 PM
D'oh! I missed the "a councillor was killed" bit. Thanks MK.

golden arhat
04-07-2008, 05:26 PM
this is retarded

LETS BAN CRIME !!!

David Jamieson
04-07-2008, 05:29 PM
yes let's!

from now on, anyone found doing a crime will be banned by her majesty.

SanHeChuan
04-07-2008, 06:27 PM
They did that before, sent all the criminals to Austrailia. still have criminals, though. :confused:

David Jamieson
04-07-2008, 06:34 PM
right and now asutralians are overrunning japan...so it all works out in the end!

ban australians now!

Chosen-frozen
04-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Too late! Once the ski slopes open for the season here you can`t swing a dead cat without hitting an Aussie!

Drake
04-09-2008, 12:01 AM
This is why the UK has been doomed to fail ever since Cornwallis got his tail whooped by a French/American combo attack at Yorktown. They never managed to get it together after that.

unkokusai
04-09-2008, 12:38 AM
ban australians now!

Except decorative and collector's item Australians, of course.

Becca
04-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Too late! Once the ski slopes open for the season here you can`t swing a dead cat without hitting an Aussie!
Why would you swing dead cats at them? Hedgehogs seem to be more effective...

David Jamieson
04-09-2008, 10:06 AM
I'll trade you two Banff Australian ski bums for 3 Hokkaido Australian ski bums.