PDA

View Full Version : Iron Palm Seminar

Lama Pai Sifu
04-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Teaser Clip from last Friday's Iron Palm Seminar at my school.

Everyone did well, it was everyone's first time trying to break a brick.

Some had great technique, some used a little more muscle, but they got the concept.

Hope everyone enjoys the clip.

IRON PALM TEASER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lERfrgemerc)

Peace

sanjuro_ronin
04-14-2008, 04:44 AM
Nice work Mike, good job as always.
Were most of the people there total noobs to IP?

Lama Pai Sifu
04-14-2008, 06:43 AM
Thanks.

And yes, none of them had any training in it. It is really the first time I even taught any of the rudementary training to my students at all.

They had fun, they learned a general overview, learned some conditioning and had fun breaking. They also learned that IP is NOT breaking and breaking is NOT IP, you can learn one or the other or both.

Breaking by itself is a separate skill but can can be tremondous for people as far as learning to break through mental barriers in life (metaphorical).

sanjuro_ronin
04-14-2008, 06:51 AM
Thanks.

And yes, none of them had any training in it. It is really the first time I even taught any of the rudementary training to my students at all.

They had fun, they learned a general overview, learned some conditioning and had fun breaking. They also learned that IP is NOT breaking and breaking is NOT IP, you can learn one or the other or both.

Breaking by itself is a separate skill but can can be tremondous for people as far as learning to break through mental barriers in life (metaphorical).

Agreed, some of the best breakers I have seen have zero IP training.
Matter of fact, I have yet to do any breaking since I doing IP, but did lots in my time in kyokushin and TKD.

Dale Dugas
04-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Good to see you presenting some good material to those interested.

Good to see that you are using protection rather than slicing up hands and possibly arteries in the wrists....

Lama Pai Sifu
04-14-2008, 08:30 AM
Thanks Dale, I have enjoyed your videos as well. Take care buddy.

MP

themeecer
04-16-2008, 12:14 AM
Good to see you presenting some good material to those interested.

Good to see that you are using protection rather than slicing up hands and possibly arteries in the wrists....

We normally slice up our hands. :(

But we don't break that often, normally only for demos. And at those times I wouldn't want to use padding because it loses something in the minds of the lay people watching us. If we did more in-class breaking I would use padding.

Nice video by the way. I also liked your iron hand bags. We've used redwood posts (with slits cut into them) and the bags from martialartsmart.com when starting out.

David Jamieson
04-16-2008, 05:56 AM
...and the companion video... lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-ir4pjveQk