PDA

View Full Version : Who was better Bruce Lee or Muhammed Ali

jackiech
05-04-2001, 09:47 PM
Do you think that Bruce Lee would has beaten Muhammed Ali or do you think that Muhammed Ali would has beaten Bruce Lee?
Tell me your choise and tell me why do you think that way.

Wyvern_Beta
05-06-2001, 04:41 AM
If it was strictly boxing rules, then Ali would probably win because he had a longer reach, was more experienced in that area, and maybe was physically stronger.

But in a martial arts match, Lee would win since he is more experienced in that area, and Ali would only know how to use his hands.

Design Sifu
05-09-2001, 02:11 AM
Well then . . . Who's a better cook?

JWTAYLOR
05-09-2001, 06:55 PM
Interestingly enough, Ali himself was asked this question. He was asked who would win, a kung fu guy or a boxer.

He said that he thought the kung fu guy would win. Because a boxer does great with his hands, but a kung fu guy uses his hands, feet elbows, head. They just have more weapons.

That's pretty close to exactly what Ali said.

BTW, I'm a big Ali fan. I forget the name of the documentary that came out last year, but it was about Ali and his fight with Foreman. Great film

JWT

If you pr!ck us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge? If we are like you in the rest, we will resemble you in that the villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction. MOV

dwid
05-09-2001, 08:45 PM
The movie was called "When we Were Kings" - awesome documentary with great footage of the actual rumble in the jungle.

Grappling-Insanity
05-10-2001, 09:31 PM
Since Bruce Lee was 130lbs, and Ali I'm pretty sure was a heavy weight. The fight coulda gone either way. If Ali got a good shot in good night Bruce. Even a glancing blow would daze him. However, if Bruce brought it to the ground Bruce could get it.