PDA

View Full Version : Info ? on NHB

Satori Science
04-15-2008, 05:54 PM
Anyone have any info on NHB competition in the US?

thanks

MasterKiller
04-16-2008, 06:24 AM
Uh....can you be more specific?

David Jamieson
04-16-2008, 07:53 AM
Fight venues listings I would think...

Satori Science
04-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Uh....can you be more specific?

how one goes about getting involved, are they tournament circuits specific events, contact/website info that I could read up on. any info you have for the clearly uniformed Canadian...

MasterKiller
04-16-2008, 08:06 AM
how one goes about getting involved, are they tournament circuits specific events, contact/website info that I could read up on. any info you have for the clearly uniformed Canadian...

You find a promoter in your area and try to get on a show. Every event/State has different rules for amateur and pro fights. You need to be very specific about where you want to fight and what status you want (pro or am).

If you post a serious inquiry on MixedMartialArts.com, someone will get you a fight.

Satori Science
04-16-2008, 08:21 AM
You find a promoter in your area and try to get on a show. Every event/State has different rules for amateur and pro fights. You need to be very specific about where you want to fight and what status you want (pro or am).

If you post a serious inquiry on MixedMartialArts.com, someone will get you a fight.

much appreciated,

Suntzu
04-16-2008, 09:20 AM
google:
USKBA
WKAUSA
Global Combat Alliance

monji112000
04-16-2008, 09:26 AM
much appreciated,

you gonna fight?

David Jamieson
04-16-2008, 09:30 AM
you will get more luck in seeking promotion in quebec or alberta. or in the usa.
mma.tv as stated is a good place to start sniffing around if you're really interested.

Pork Chop
04-16-2008, 11:57 AM
The only real "nhb" events left are vale tudo in brazil...
otherwise i think "mma" would be a more appropriate term, considering the rules change from place to place concerning stuff like elbows, kicks to a downed opponent, strikes to the back, etc.

mma.tv is a good bet for fights in "canadia"

Pork Chop
04-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Not to double post, but this wouldn't be a response to the brothers of the wudang's recent backlash as a result of the Iron Ring now would it?

Satori Science
04-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Not to double post, but this wouldn't be a response to the brothers of the wudang's recent backlash as a result of the Iron Ring now would it?

Yo bro, not sure what you mean? Am I gonna take fights because Novell Bell is angry @ BET?

Yeah I am serious about fighting, my Sihing has been training me for the last year to take a fight. But not for a while still, I had a set back in terms of injury recently.

thanks for the info,

Pork Chop
04-16-2008, 12:41 PM
Ah... well a bunch of guys from mma.tv got pretty fracked off about maoshan's comments towards mma on youtube and the BET forum; so basically a few pro-fighters volunteered to show him what unskilled, "Toughman" fighters they really were. He gave out BT's address first as a location to find him and then finally gave the name of the park where he works out at.

Doubt it'll go down, because the park is a shady locale to go meet - common consensus is that he'll pull a knife & claim he was "jumped".

Props to you if you get up and compete. I'd definitely love to watch.

Satori Science
04-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Ben will pull a knife? I must have miss understood.
What will happen is those guys will get their heads smashed in if they're stupid enough to show up and challenge Novell or Ben. Just my opinion....

In any event thanks for the support, I'll be in NYC all summer training for the ring. Hope to be ready some time next year, I still have a lot of work to do getting my stamina and power up.

Pork Chop
04-16-2008, 01:16 PM
Ben will pull a knife? I must have miss understood.
What will happen is those guys will get their heads smashed in if they're stupid enough to show up and challenge Novell or Ben. Just my opinion....

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree that a 170lb pro-fighter, who trains fulltime, and has UFC experience will get smashed by either of those guys; especially not after their vids addressing "maa" and that sad excuse for a wrestling takedown.

And yeah, you probably need to see some of the mess maoshan's talking to see where they'd get the idea.

How you gonna go on a tv show about pro-mma fighters, be put in charge of coaching them, and then have your boy/rep start talking trash against mma?

Of course this is the same show that has such a great track record with:
-promising a guy a spot on the show if he beat their fighter, only to get booted off the show anyway after he thoroughly dismantled the guy
-having someone on Dipset (novell's team) screaming "send him back to japan" in regards to an asian fighter that was fighting for a spot on the team
-having the ref break up a sunk in submission by said asian guy, allowing the other fighter to regain composure, and then stopping the fight once the other fighter lands a few ground n pound shots

I have a lot of respect for bt and maoshan but they're really hurting their credibility lately - and not because of how the show is portraying them. Just my $.02

Satori Science
04-16-2008, 01:28 PM
we've always gotten along well, I'm sure we can agree to disagree;)

in any event, I'll check the thread you spoke of and see whats up.

Thanks,

Pork Chop
04-16-2008, 02:05 PM
In the meantime I hope things get better with your injury.
I look forward to checking you out in competition; major respect to having the guts to get in there.
Chris Cape (a TCMA guy who ktfod me in 2003) and a few other traditional guys have been doing well in mma as well.

WinterPalm
04-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Rob,

I'd say to try and get as many low-key grappling and striking only events under your belt before you do MMA. Obviously San Da is a great place to do part of that equation. The Tiger Balms and Can Ams both offer submission wrestling which would be an ideal grappling format to compete in.
Also the Pankration, not full MMA, but a great way to mix the skills in a relatively controlled environment.
Whenever you decide to though, I'll be in your camp giving you hell as best as I can to make sure you whoop that a ss!

Satori Science
04-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks man,

its a ways off in any event. Not until 09(@ least), the originally question was just so i could start studying up on the way the NHB stuff works, the ware, why, who etc..

wasn't trying to announce anything,

One.

monji112000
04-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Thanks man,

its a ways off in any event. Not until 09(@ least), the originally question was just so i could start studying up on the way the NHB stuff works, the ware, why, who etc..

wasn't trying to announce anything,

One.
Just a personal question if you don't mind me asking. You said you have been training for taking a fight. How are you training? sparring? conditioning? cardio? any wrestling? who are you sparring? how are you sparring? how often do you train? ect.. any of all of them will do. If you mind, then I guess ignore me. LOL

Good luck if you really do fight. I would suggest doing a MT even first. JMO

Ofcourse please record and post anything you do.

Pork Chop
04-16-2008, 08:32 PM
Ofcourse please tap and post anything you do.

was that intentional or a slip? :p
don't you know? tapping's for sissies :D

dangit, you edited it, not as funny now lol

monji112000
04-16-2008, 09:59 PM
was that intentional or a slip? :p
don't you know? tapping's for sissies :D

dangit, you edited it, not as funny now lol

its late. I'm tired. No I didn't tap today. I made few other people tap.

Satori Science
04-17-2008, 04:07 AM
Just a personal question if you don't mind me asking. You said you have been training for taking a fight. How are you training? sparring? conditioning? cardio? any wrestling? who are you sparring? how are you sparring? how often do you train? ect.. any of all of them will do. If you mind, then I guess ignore me. LOL

Good luck if you really do fight. I would suggest doing a MT even first. JMO

Ofcourse please record and post anything you do.

While I appreciate the interest I'm not at the point yet ware I want to share. Needless to say, while i understand that athletically one must be on par with other fighters ie cardiovascular condition/ground fighting etc... I am taking much more of a traditional approach than most would. for example I don't use weight training, I do traditional "attainment training" iron palm, da sam sing, yi gun gin & am working my horse stance up to 30 minutes a day, I am 20min right now.

When I said Sihing has been training me I meant he had been greatly deepening my understanding of Bak Hsing for fighting.

thanks guys,

monji112000
04-17-2008, 08:43 AM
While I appreciate the interest I'm not at the point yet ware I want to share. Needless to say, while i understand that athletically one must be on par with other fighters ie cardiovascular condition/ground fighting etc... I am taking much more of a traditional approach than most would. for example I don't use weight training, I do traditional "attainment training" iron palm, da sam sing, yi gun gin & am working my horse stance up to 30 minutes a day, I am 20min right now.

When I said Sihing has been training me I meant he had been greatly deepening my understanding of Bak Hsing for fighting.

thanks guys,

so your not actually training for fighting, but learning. Ok thats cool.

Satori Science
04-17-2008, 08:52 AM

learning to use the style more effectively & training for the required power to use said understanding. Technical understanding means little without the gung to back it up.

Yut Dam, Yee Lek, Sam Gung Fu,
thats my take on it,

Lama Pai Sifu
04-17-2008, 03:46 PM

:eek: Sounds like trouble...

Satori Science
04-17-2008, 04:36 PM
:eek: Sounds like trouble...
Not sure I understood you,