PDA

View Full Version : Htowndragon arrested

SanHeChuan
04-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Just heard on the news here is the story. :confused:

http://www.myfoxaustin.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6311932&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

SifuAbel
04-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Yikes!!! :(

I hope for his sakes it was just youthful stupidity to bring the gun and not a plan for another Columbine.

David Jamieson
04-16-2008, 04:51 AM
wtf?

what kind of a person brings a gun to school?

sanjuro_ronin
04-16-2008, 04:55 AM
wtf?

what kind of a person brings a gun to school?

This many sound cruel, but its the US, the gun culture is alive and well and accepted.
Its like a Filipino bringing a knife or a Arab brining a falafel :D

bodhitree
04-16-2008, 05:24 AM
This many sound cruel, but its the US, the gun culture is alive and well and accepted.
Its like a Filipino bringing a knife or a Arab brining a martyrdom video and suicide bombing the place :D

Sorry, but I had to fix that one for you.....

David Jamieson
04-16-2008, 05:31 AM
Its like a Filipino bringing a knife or a Arab brining a falafel :D

what's weird is that we have roughly the same amount of guns per household per capita as the states.

but we have a whole lot less incidences of this kind of thing, or gun killings in general.

Not sure what the problem is in the states, but its social for sure moreso than it is about the guns.

Having said that, I would advocate the removal of each and every gun in society and screw that antiquated amendment seeing as nobody does anything with it anyway. rise up against the government with militias and all that. Ha! America rise up? I doubt it, at least not until there's a mexican in every living room and the twinkie factory explodes. lol

xcakid
04-16-2008, 05:56 AM
Having said that, I would advocate the removal of each and every gun in society and screw that antiquated amendment seeing as nobody does anything with it anyway. rise up against the government with militias and all that. Ha! America rise up? I doubt it, at least not until there's a mexican in every living room and the twinkie factory explodes. lol

Well all ammendmend are antiquated. We should just revamped all of it and have a policed state. That will keep the populace in line. Then we all be so docile violence and crime will be erradicated. Wouldn't it be great to fear the government? All bad people deemed to be a traitor and executed. Ahhhh....nirvana!!!

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-16-2008, 06:01 AM
One witness told police that he saw Liao with the gun in his duffel bag while inside Jester Dormitory in *February*. Another witness told police she saw Liao with the gun in Belmont Hall. It was lying under a pair of gloves in Liao's gym bag.

UT Chief of Police Robert Dahlstrom says Liao was arrested now because witnesses just *recently* came forward.

Reply]
So basically the supposed "Witness" got PO'd at him for some yet undisclosed reason and made up a story that he brought his gun to school several months ago to cause him trouble.

If we look into this, we are going to find that Liao stole the witnesses girlfreinds last week.

My guess is this is a case of retribution via the use of Law enforcement as the weapon.

It's all hearsay, and the charge will never stick.

David Jamieson
04-16-2008, 06:02 AM
You don't wind up automatically getting a police state because your society does away with guns.
I don't know where that bridge comes from. But one circumstance doesn't preclude the other at all and never did.

In fact, you are more likely to fall into the "police state" when you have rampant crime because of out of control untraceable weapons and drugs.

Which is why things are going the way they are going...

sanjuro_ronin
04-16-2008, 06:03 AM
Sorry, but I had to fix that one for you.....

LMAO !!
Nice.

GeneChing
04-16-2008, 11:36 AM
Htowndragon's last post was 04-06-2008, 06:57 PM. Does anyone know him in person and have they been in touch with him?

Shaolinlueb
04-16-2008, 11:48 AM
it says he was arrested at home where the gun was. wow is all i can say. did we meet htown at taiji legacy gene?

David Jamieson
04-16-2008, 11:53 AM
if he was a teacher, you could merge this with the Busted thread. :p

in the meantime, BEHOLD!!! The Monkeysphere (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=10646372134)

Pork Chop
04-16-2008, 11:54 AM
sweet geebus

gonna start calling him "better luck tomorrow"dragon...

yutyeesam
04-16-2008, 11:58 AM
I believe you did meet htown at the TJL.

I don't know Jason personally, I only met him briefly at the TJL, but from the description of events, and from other people, it sounds like he is someone who sought refuge in violent images of Asian men.

I remember him talking about his connection to Chinese gangsters on here some time ago.

It sounds like he needs more counseling than prison, IMHO.

But because of Virginia Tech, and now Jason Liao, University of Texas will now be leary of Asian men looking "rebellious". So there's a new brand of racial profiling that will come out of this, I'm guessing.

David Jamieson
04-16-2008, 12:01 PM
rebel teen chinese....

not seeing that as an imminent and looming problem pretty much anywhere in teh world right now.

MasterKiller
04-16-2008, 12:06 PM
I believe you did meet htown at the TJL.

I don't know Jason personally, I only met him briefly at the TJL, but from the description of events, and from other people, it sounds like he is someone who sought refuge in violent images of Asian men.

I remember him talking about his connection to Chinese gangsters on here some time ago.

It sounds like he needs more counseling than prison, IMHO.

But because of Virginia Tech, and now Jason Liao, University of Texas will now be leary of Asian men looking "rebellious". So there's a new brand of racial profiling that will come out of this, I'm guessing.

I agree. He often romanticizes Chinese gangsters in his posts. I met him and he seemed like a good kid.

1bad65
04-16-2008, 12:19 PM
This is pretty big news here in Austin.

It was on News8austin.com too.

I'm sure it will be on the local news tonight as well.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-16-2008, 01:25 PM
holy hell.

Lucas
04-16-2008, 01:27 PM
I saw every one of you bring guns to the locker room years ago, I am finally coming forward.

Expect the policia to arrive shortly.

Prediction: Heafty fine, manditory counciling.

SanHeChuan
04-16-2008, 02:55 PM
I doubt they will bring charges. They don't really have a case, but they had to look into it, given the givens. Better safe than sorry and all that.

I know he fought san da at TJL. I just met him the one time at the Austin Martial arts festival.

I Don't think he's a shooter.

Hardly need a gun at UT though. :rolleyes:

Unless it's to protect your self from shooters. :D

What is the profile for school shooters anyway? :confused:

jdhowland
04-16-2008, 02:59 PM
I, for one, hope that this won't keep him from contributing further to the forum. True or not, the charges are hearsay. We, in the U.S., live within a culture that encourages a pathological degree of identification with violent people and their way of solving problems. Let's confront the tendency within ourselves and hope for the day that being dangerous is no longer "cool."

Mook Jong
04-16-2008, 03:02 PM
what's weird is that we have roughly the same amount of guns per household per capita as the states.

but we have a whole lot less incidences of this kind of thing, or gun killings in general.

Not sure what the problem is in the states, but its social for sure moreso than it is about the guns.

Are you sure there are fewer instances of school shootings or is it that there isn't a media frenzy over each one that happnes? American media has a big issue with sensationalizing things and instilling fear in the general public and as far as i hear it, Canadian media doesn't even approach that.

rogue
04-16-2008, 08:36 PM
As someone who carries all I can say is, "he fukced up". Even if he's innocent he just bought himself a peck of trouble, some lawyer fees and notoriety that will look great on his next interview.

Extra lesson: Don't put anything stupid or incriminating on your MySpace page or your blog. Everyone from cops to the human resources department check for them these days to see what else you're up to or pretending to be up to.

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-16-2008, 09:42 PM
now he'll probably never make the shirt :(

http://illegaltees.com/schoolshootings.gif

David Jamieson
04-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Are you sure there are fewer instances of school shootings or is it that there isn't a media frenzy over each one that happnes? American media has a big issue with sensationalizing things and instilling fear in the general public and as far as i hear it, Canadian media doesn't even approach that.

trust me when i say a school shooting would cause a media frenzy.

when a kid gets killed on a school yard after hours in a gang fight, there's a media frenzy.

but yeah, while there have been school shootings here, at least a couple that I can think of there are definitely not the same scope or numbers and not even per capita as what happens in the states.

GeneChing
04-17-2008, 09:32 AM
My memory is murky on the details tho - too many blows to the brain... :rolleyes:

Now I'm wondering if he ever made it into the mag when we used to put forum members in it.

video: htowndragon san shou fight (http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48355)

Please keep us informed, those of you that are getting local news about this. I hope htowndragon comes out of this ok...

1bad65
04-17-2008, 10:01 AM
Here is more news from News 8 Austin:

http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=205961

GeneChing
04-17-2008, 10:13 AM
...so close to the VT and Columbine anniversaries, the media might have a field day with Jason...

sanjuro_ronin
04-17-2008, 11:38 AM
Kids...breaks my heart you know.
At that age, with your whole life ahead of you...
What's happening with society?

sean_stonehart
04-17-2008, 11:49 AM
**** it... He's a good kid too.

I asked a friend that is a LEO in the People's Republic of Texas & not knowing any more than is known now, this is what he thinks may turn up if charges pressed are successfully prosecuted...

2-10 years in TDCJ, fine, probation or a combination of any.
If this is the first arrest in his life, he is probably looking at probation.

Not to mention he's probably being booted from UT.

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-17-2008, 11:52 AM
I still say this is a frame up. The supposed "Witnesses" came forward MONTHS later.

He's probably dating/stole one of thier girlfreinds and they are retaliating.

David Jamieson
04-17-2008, 12:22 PM
I still say this is a frame up. The supposed "Witnesses" came forward MONTHS later.

He's probably dating/stole one of thier girlfreinds and they are retaliating.

you already postulated that.

thing is, , it's about the monkeysphere. htowndragon is almost a person to many of us and definitely a person to some of us.

whereas columbine kids weren't anything to anyone here so we don't really look at it the same way.

monkeysphere.

Ho-gai-sai-ya
04-17-2008, 12:41 PM
I know Jason. He doesn't seem like the type from what I know of him. He's a good kid. He was there @ TCJ when I was there in 06. The story has too many holes in it. It is true that you shouldn't put anything incriminating in your my space.

Becca
04-17-2008, 02:25 PM

Yes, but many more moose incedents per capita, so it evens out.

GLW
04-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Let me see if I get this straight:

Someone reported him to authorities because they saw him with a gun on campus at one time in the past.

So, the police looked into it and found the guy with a gun OFF campus?

Is that the case or did I get this wrong?

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-17-2008, 04:42 PM
That is the way i understand it.

Sounds like some Pu$$ies had a beef with him, and instead of fighting it out like normal people do, the cowards used the law as a weapon instead.

GLW
04-17-2008, 07:56 PM
Wouldn't you think that they would have to actually apprehend him ON CAMPUS WITH THE WEAPON?

Sounds like hearsay evidence to me... or am I missing something?

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-17-2008, 08:28 PM
Unless there is more to it, it is just hearsay. The accusations occurred several MONTHS after the alleged incident.

1bad65
04-17-2008, 09:23 PM
Sounds like some Pu$$ies had a beef with him, and instead of fighting it out like normal people do, the cowards used the law as a weapon instead.

So you are saying that they should have confronted a guy known to carry a gun? Who indeed had a gun when arrested too. Pure genius.

1bad65
04-17-2008, 09:27 PM
Let me preface this by saying you are innocent until proven guilty.

If he was found by police carrying a handgun and he did not have a CCW permit, that is a crime by itself. Whether or not he was on or off a campus at the time he was found with the handgun is irrelevant.

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-18-2008, 06:09 AM
So you are saying that they should have confronted a guy known to carry a gun? Who indeed had a gun when arrested too. Pure genius.

Reply]
I would have more respect if they just walked away. Where I come from, you NEVER get the cops involved, especially if you can't handle something yourself, unless the individual actually committed a crime.

In this case I don't actually believe he carried a gun to school, I think the witnesses made it up to cause him trouble for some other reason.

If they found the gun at his home, then there is no cause to arrest him.

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-18-2008, 06:10 AM
If he was found by police carrying a handgun and he did not have a CCW permit, that is a crime by itself. Whether or not he was on or off a campus at the time he was found with the handgun is irrelevant.

Reply]
Agreed. Although when I grew up, people had guns on them all the time, concealed. we didn't call the cops, we just left them alone.

MasterKiller
04-18-2008, 06:27 AM

Reply]
Agreed. Although when I grew up, people had guns on them all the time, concealed. we didn't call the cops, we just left them alone.

When you were a kid, by the time they mixed the pellets and powder in their musket barrels, everyone had time to run away so it wasn't a big deal anyway.

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-18-2008, 07:11 AM
My age shows that much ehy? :(

1bad65
04-18-2008, 07:20 AM
I don't tend to call the cops over bs, but if I knew a guy carried a gun to campus and was talking about going on a mission, I would be calling 911 in record time.

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-18-2008, 07:48 AM
I don't tend to call the cops over bs, but if I knew a guy carried a gun to campus and was talking about going on a mission, I would be calling 911 in record time.

Reply]
Ok,in THAT case i agree. But in this case *MONTHS* went by before anyone spoke up...which leads me to believe the incident never actually happened in the first place.

Shaolin87
04-18-2008, 08:36 AM
****, this really sucks too...He seemed pretty cool on the fourms

2 years back when I was still in highschool days I knew of kids who brought weapons and stuff to school, but living in an urban, inner-city enviornment they really werent going to use them on people at the school in general, just for some protection for the bad areas they were in or if they were gang affilates. And even when they were caught they didnt get any "time" at all, just in house arrest/probation, our school made a bigger deal out of a girl coming in with meningitis, than the kid they found who had a big-a** knife on him go figure:rolleyes:

htowndragon
04-20-2008, 02:34 AM
I left the gun in my bag, forgot it there, went to go train at the rec center. someone saw it, freaked, and called the cops on me three weeks later. they arrested me at a restaurant by my apartment at 1 in the morning, i didnt have the gun on me.

i didn't intentionally bring my gun around

i never flashed it around.

i wish i could give you the full story now, but due to legal issues that havent been cleared yet, i can't for now.

trust me guys, some of you guys know me in person. its not what you think it is, and it doesnt look like i will be doing any time based on the real evidence.

the affidavits, the media, please, trust me on this, its not what it seems.

p.s. i legally own the firearm. i hope i can clear things up with you guys soon.

htowndragon
04-20-2008, 02:38 AM
whoever mentioned the whole thing about the guy getting P/Oed and girlfriend thing was partially right.

htowndragon
04-20-2008, 04:08 AM
p.p.s.

i never said i was on a mission

GunnedDownAtrocity
04-20-2008, 05:16 AM
good to hear from you dude. all in all, im glad you're alright.

still ... it would have been cool had you mad the shirt.

Shaolin Wookie
04-20-2008, 05:24 AM

Well, gangs do something about it. They raise up...but we libel them for it. Maybe the second ammendment right isn't as romantic as we like to picture it. Anyone remember the Michigan militia?

Shaolin Wookie
04-20-2008, 05:30 AM
Reply]
Ok,in THAT case i agree. But in this case *MONTHS* went by before anyone spoke up...which leads me to believe the incident never actually happened in the first place.

I work in law enforcement, and I can corroborate that. I deal with these kinds of *******s every day. Concerned citizens are usually pretty **** quick to respond to real threats. You wouldn't believe how many single parents come back to the station to file erroneous child sexual abuse charges well after custody of the children passed to the other parent, mostly because the single, non-custodial parent realizes how much money they can make with welfare checks.

It's sad.

Shaolin Wookie
04-20-2008, 05:37 AM
It's too bad the media got involved here. He'll get kicked out of school, but hopefully he won't do any time.

The media made it sound like they found the gun on him, after he had said "I'm on a mission", and the cops arrested him with the gun still on him.

What a load of paranoid hype.

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-20-2008, 06:54 AM
whoever mentioned the whole thing about the guy getting P/Oed and girlfriend thing was partially right.

Reply]
Do *I* know human nature or what!! ;)

1bad65
04-20-2008, 08:09 AM
Do you have a permit to carry a concealed weapon?

RD'S Alias - 1A
04-20-2008, 09:14 AM
Was it concealed? or just being transported?

What is the legal difference?

htowndragon
04-20-2008, 05:26 PM
1. not going to get expelled.

2. transporting means unloaded, my gun was never loaded.

sorry i can't elaborate yet.

diego
04-20-2008, 05:38 PM
I left the gun in my bag, forgot it there, went to go train at the rec center. someone saw it, freaked, and called the cops on me three weeks later. they arrested me at a restaurant by my apartment at 1 in the morning, i didnt have the gun on me.

i didn't intentionally bring my gun around

i never flashed it around.

i wish i could give you the full story now, but due to legal issues that havent been cleared yet, i can't for now.

trust me guys, some of you guys know me in person. its not what you think it is, and it doesnt look like i will be doing any time based on the real evidence.

the affidavits, the media, please, trust me on this, its not what it seems.

p.s. i legally own the firearm. i hope i can clear things up with you guys soon.

lol @ cnn using you sun glasses cigarette pic:) Good luck with all that...hope fully there will not be many fees!.

rogue
04-20-2008, 06:21 PM
Well that's good news.

If you legally carry a gun you have to always make sure you don't make any mistakes. We had one guy who had a permit to carry concealed but when he went into a store someone called the cops that a gunman was in the place. Even after the cops checked his permit they still gave him a lot of trouble before he was released.

Takuan
04-20-2008, 10:16 PM
Hey Htown, did I meet you at TJL?

Were you the Shuai Jiao guy? Friends with Trey? Or am I mistaken?

And do you have a Concealed Carry?

Best of luck with all of this, too. :)

htowndragon
04-20-2008, 10:37 PM
no i dont have a concealed carry, i wasnt concealed carrying. i was transporting

trey? sounds familiar. ba gua guy? i was at taiji legacy, i fought in san shou.

NJM
04-20-2008, 10:51 PM
Bull****, bro.

Didn't they arrest you in your house?

You don't need a CCW if it's in your house.

Bull****. I hope you get off. And I hope this isn't used against you in the future.

htowndragon
04-20-2008, 11:11 PM
they arrested me at a restaurant when i was eating buffalo wings.

htowndragon
04-20-2008, 11:13 PM
and i didnt have any weapon on me. i led the cops to my apartment where the gun was

Yao Sing
04-21-2008, 07:08 AM
Just another excuse to perpetuate the gun hysteria. If he saved someone with it we never would have heard anything.

sean_stonehart
04-21-2008, 07:23 AM
Well that's good news.

If you legally carry a gun you have to always make sure you don't make any mistakes. We had one guy who had a permit to carry concealed but when he went into a store someone called the cops that a gunman was in the place. Even after the cops checked his permit they still gave him a lot of trouble before he was released.

I asked a LEO about my CCW one time & ramifications of being questioned about it, if it ever came up.

He said it boils down to "my attitude, the LEO's attitude & if ultimately, the judge's". This was all within the confines of the CCW structure, not something blantently not fitting with the CCW structure.

BruceSteveRoy
04-21-2008, 07:24 AM
did they let you finish your wings?

Eric Olson
04-21-2008, 07:54 AM
Funny but it seems like a kid involved in martial arts (especially a sport-oriented one, as is obvious on htowndragon's myspace site with him geared up) would be the least likely to pose a threat of a school shooting.

But the media's not going to see it like that. They will equate martial arts with violence.

The kids who have perpetrated these crimes in the past would have probably been best served by getting involved in martial arts. They would have got to express some frustration, gained some confidence and learned how easy it is to really hurt someone.

Also, I don't see a problem with bringing a gun to school. With the rash of school shootings, people should be able to protect themselves.

Unfortunately, guns is kind of an all or none thing. You've either got to let alot of people have them or strictly control it...its hard to go in between. If you create large pockets of unarmed people, like in a school, then you create an easy target for whack jobs.

If the whack jobs thought they would get taken out before they ever fired a shot then the temptation wouldn't be there.

(BTW, everything in this post is completely my opinion. So don't ask me to back any of it up with any factual evidence.)

EO

rogue
04-21-2008, 08:52 AM
I asked a LEO about my CCW one time & ramifications of being questioned about it, if it ever came up.

He said it boils down to "my attitude, the LEO's attitude & if ultimately, the judge's". This was all within the confines of the CCW structure, not something blantently not fitting with the CCW structure.

One thing that may shock you is that many LEOs are not up on their CCW laws so as a permit holder you have to be.

GeneChing
04-21-2008, 09:39 AM
We all understand about legal issues and discussing your case here, so please don't feel obligated to disclose anything until all is settled. We'll still be here and we're a patient bunch. You have to be patient to study kung fu. This thread will be here. Stay in touch because obviously we are all concerned about you.

1bad65
04-21-2008, 11:08 AM
They posted more on News8Austin. This sentence caught my eye. I noticed they put the word FOR in there:

"The University of Texas student caught for carrying a gun on campus was released from jail over the weekend."

Good luck with this, it is starting to look like another APD fiasco.

houstonwriter.c
04-22-2008, 09:59 AM
I mean, you're from Houston. We all have guns! Legally.

It's like getting into trouble for having your car keys.

Sounds like an instance of absentmindedness meeting very bad timing.

WDP

rogue
04-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Even if you can legally own and carry a handgun that doesn't mean you can carry it everywhere. For example in Texas...

It is unlawful for a handgun license holder to carry a handgun on the premises of: a government court; a business that derives 51 percent or more of its income from the sale of alcohol for on-premises consumption; a school or educational institution, high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event that is taking place; a hospital or nursing home; an amusement park; a place of religious worship; a polling place on the day of an election; a meeting of a governing body; a race track; a secured area of an airport; a correctional facility; a correctional facility or within 1000 feet of such, on the day of an execution; the property of another after receiving notice that concealed handguns are forbidden on that property. It is unlawful to possess a firearm in a penal institution.

http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/TXSL.pdf

For other state's gun laws just click your state (http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/#?st=TX)

One of the biggest pains with carrying a concealed handgun is knowing where you can't carry.

houstonwriter.c
04-22-2008, 03:53 PM
Rogue is correct.

Shaolin Wookie
04-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Honestly, I'm really surprised that he didn't get kicked out of school, even if he was transporting--just because of the media hype. That surprised me, but it's good to hear he's not getting kicked out.

rogue
04-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Looking at what I bolded, "a school or educational institution, high school, collegiate, or professional sporting event or interscholastic event that is taking place;" I noticed that it doesn't directly forbid having a gun on the grounds of a college and refers only to 'events'. Sorry about that guys.:o

bodhitree
04-24-2008, 05:08 AM
Hey man,

Glad you're out. Hope everything works out for you.

htowndragon
04-24-2008, 03:13 PM
so the school is kind of embarassed that it was blown so out of proportion. no expulsion, etc. and prosecution really doesn't have much on me, and one of the witnesses is already discredited. but for "safety" reasons, they're getting a mental health professional to make sure i'm not crazy. other than that, i'm fine.

so at the very least, no expulsion, no jail time.

1bad65
04-24-2008, 03:32 PM
prosecution really doesn't have much on me

Don't relax yet.

In the Yogurt Shop case they had NO EVIDENCE and still went for the Death Penalty. They got convictions, but they were overturned. Now new DNA came out that does not match the suspects, yet they are gonna get retried!!!!

APD and the Travis County DA Office are a disgrace.

kwaichang
04-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Dont take any Psych tests they are all part of the system and are paid by the system to find fault. Take it from someone who knows 1st hand. 4 different times! KC

Shaolin Wookie
04-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Dont take any Psych tests they are all part of the system and are paid by the system to find fault. Take it from someone who knows 1st hand. 4 different times! KC

Are you a Scientologist?

Just asking.....

rogue
04-24-2008, 05:05 PM
so the school is kind of embarassed that it was blown so out of proportion. no expulsion, etc. and prosecution really doesn't have much on me, and one of the witnesses is already discredited. but for "safety" reasons, they're getting a mental health professional to make sure i'm not crazy. other than that, i'm fine.

so at the very least, no expulsion, no jail time.

Not sure I'd take that test. What's your lawyer saying?

kwaichang
04-24-2008, 05:26 PM
No but read this exerpt from Snipes story
"Criminal tax prosecutions are relatively rare usually the cases are handled in civil court, where the government has a lower burden of proof. Prosecutors said Snipes' case was important to send a message to would-be tax protesters not to test the government They will screw you Psychology is an unforgiving "science" and I use that word loosely. What does Scientology have to do with this ??? KC Its all about giving homage to the MAN Big Brother. KC

Shaolin Wookie
04-24-2008, 05:31 PM
No but read this exerpt from Snipes story
"Criminal tax prosecutions are relatively rare usually the cases are handled in civil court, where the government has a lower burden of proof. Prosecutors said Snipes' case was important to send a message to would-be tax protesters not to test the government They will screw you Psychology is an unforgiving "science" and I use that word loosely. What does Scientology have to do with this ??? KC Its all about giving homage to the MAN Big Brother. KC

Well, if you didn't know, the Church of Scientology thinks that Psychology is some evil alien mind control system used to tell the clearly "sane" members of their cult, all of whom believe in prehistoric aliens that brainwashed us with movies into thinking Jesus was real, and still control us with body thetans (repressed memories), that they're crazy. Go figure.:rolleyes::p And, they are also paranoid of hte IRS, mostly because Scientology is a cult that extorts all the money from its members, billions per year, and doesn't want to report to the IRS. Therefore, the IRS is evil.

kwaichang
04-24-2008, 05:33 PM
I have been trying to see my Daughter who was alienated from me by my X for the last 8 years while she married the man she had an affair with and who left his own 5 month old child to be a Pseudo parent to my daughter. I"ve taken four of the so called testings and believe me they will find something, that is what they are looking for "something" if you look hard enough you will find it. In the mean time my daughter is being brain washed by them to hate her real loving Father. So I have spent 12000.00 of my own money for nothing as my X prob spent that much compared to my 4000.00 on the last one. It is presume guilt now prove you arent. KC:mad::mad::mad::mad: The IRS is evil and It is them that extort to promote the Gov Ideology

Shaolin Wookie
04-24-2008, 05:34 PM
I have been trying to see my Daughter who was alienated from me by my X for the last 8 years while she married the man she had an affair with and who left his own 5 month old child to be a Pseudo parent to my daughter. I"ve taken four of the so called testings and believe me they will find something, that is what they are looking for "something" if you look hard enough you will find it. In the mean time my daughter is being brain washed by them to hate her real loving Father. So I have spent 12000.00 of my own money for nothing as my X prob spent that much compared to my 4000.00 on the last one. It is presume guilt now prove you arent. KC:mad::mad::mad::mad: The IRS is evil and It is them that extort to promote the Gov Ideology

That sucks man.

kwaichang
04-24-2008, 05:36 PM
Now you know why I am ****ed sometimes H#$# I cant even say my Daughters name on here or I will be arrested for Contempt. KC

Immortal_Dragon
04-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Well.....hate to bust anyone's bubble but gathering from what has been posted here.....carrying a gun in a gym bag while you work out is not transporting. That's possession...and if you had that gun in your posession while on the school campus you can be in trouble. Transportation of a firearm is mainly being locked and unloaded in the trunk of your vehicle. Why on earth would you want to carry a gun on school property or paste pictures of yourself on the web posing with guns in light of all the recent events we see on the news? The attorneys will tell you whatever you want to hear. Anyway, good luck on your case and excercise your right to a trial by your peers.

SanHeChuan
04-30-2008, 05:28 PM
totally different student

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24373554/#storyContinued

Becca
05-01-2008, 07:01 AM
Well.....hate to bust anyone's bubble but gathering from what has been posted here.....carrying a gun in a gym bag while you work out is not transporting. That's possession...and if you had that gun in your posession while on the school campus you can be in trouble. Transportation of a firearm is mainly being locked and unloaded in the trunk of your vehicle. Why on earth would you want to carry a gun on school property or paste pictures of yourself on the web posing with guns in light of all the recent events we see on the news? The attorneys will tell you whatever you want to hear. Anyway, good luck on your case and excercise your right to a trial by your peers.

Depends on what state you are in. And, to a smaller degree, what city. Having a weapon unloaded and out of "lunging range" in perfetly leagal in most of Colorado. You only need a concealed weapon permit if you physically carry it on you. There are a few Cities, Denver to name one, that only allow transportation of weapons for spacific purpouses. And in those cities, it's any weapon not just fire arms. And for any reason other than, soy taking yout bo to class or your fire arm to a sanctioned range.

xcakid
05-01-2008, 09:51 AM
Depends on what state you are in. And, to a smaller degree, what city. Having a weapon unloaded and out of "lunging range" in perfetly leagal in most of Colorado. You only need a concealed weapon permit if you physically carry it on you. There are a few Cities, Denver to name one, that only allow transportation of weapons for spacific purpouses. And in those cities, it's any weapon not just fire arms. And for any reason other than, soy taking yout bo to class or your fire arm to a sanctioned range.

That's true. Prior to the concealed carry law in FL. You can have a firearm with you as long as it took 3 seperate action to fire the weapon.

1) take it out of somewhere
2) insert magazine
3) c0ck it

That would count as 3 seperate actions. Of course that is a dumb law, cause the burden of proof is on you, the "defendant". :confused:

Transporting a firearm tend to be tricky here in TX if you do not have a CHL. In your vehicle, we have the travelling law that somewhat protects you and is designed as a defense to prosecution. You also have a ton of smaller cities and town that is quite liberal with their gun laws and tend to turn a blind eye to most gun laws in place, Austin is not one of them unfortunately. It the center for liberal democrats here in TX. We also have an open carry law for unloaded long guns. There have been arguments regarding our revised Castle Doctorine law extending to your person. Thereby allowing you to carry a firearms to protect yourself. That part of it however is mere interpretation of the law and have yet to be tried.

However, the carrying of firearms is strictly prohibited in bars, churches, fed building and SCHOOLS. But since htown's situation is based on a witness that can be discredited and the report came a little after the fact. I am sure a GOOD lawyer can make quick work towards a dismissal. Fingers crossed.

htowndragon
05-04-2008, 07:33 PM
school hearing tomorrow. i start clearing my name from here. wish me luck.

1bad65
05-04-2008, 08:36 PM

Good luck.

diego
05-05-2008, 04:10 AM

Good luck, you have no prior violent arrest charges on your name do you?.

Eddie
05-05-2008, 05:59 AM
Good luck htowndragon. Two years back I was unlawfully charged with Assault (GBH) and spend 1 year going to court and back. I have a small business with 35 employees, and I fired the shop steward who then laid bogus assault charges against me. In my country that lands you up in jail, and because it then became a racial thing, it caused allot of trouble for me and my family. I was completely innocent, the case was eventually thrown out of court by the judge cause he realized the accuser was lying. According to our legal system, I cant even sue the guy, and the state wont make perjury charges against the guy, as they said this was a case for labour court.

This type of thing can cause allot of strain on your personal life.
Good luck.
Ps- least the pic they used of you made you look pretty cool ;)

bodhitree
05-05-2008, 11:04 AM
best of luck man, I hope this stuff doesn't follow you around...

Dale Dugas
05-05-2008, 11:16 AM

Good luck, brother.

xcakid
05-05-2008, 11:43 AM
Good luck dude!!!

htowndragon
05-06-2008, 02:37 PM
first hearing went alright, at least they don't think i'm vtech part 2 anymore, they want me to go through one of those psychologist tests to prove i'm not crazy.