PDA

View Full Version : Other CLF Sword Form?

Eric Olson
04-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Anyone know anything about this form?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx4Vlk-ihF0

JAZA
04-19-2008, 09:13 AM
I think this guy is from your line fupow

Eric Olson
04-19-2008, 08:14 PM
I think this guy is from your line fupow

He is but I've never seen this form. BTW, I don't practice CLF anymore, just came across this and was curious.

EO

gwa sow
04-21-2008, 11:07 AM
he used to have a school in miami i think but moved to france. some of his students came to one of our semenars one time and said he kinda ran out on them with no notice. i saw him at a banquet in new york a few months back. saw him and some of his students perform

Eric Olson
04-21-2008, 11:33 AM
he used to have a school in miami i think but moved to france. some of his students came to one of our semenars one time and said he kinda ran out on them with no notice. i saw him at a banquet in new york a few months back. saw him and some of his students perform

Oh I actually have met Tai Lam when he came to my old Sifu's school in Seattle. I think his CLF is really good. As you can tell from the video he's fast.

I just haven't ever seen this particular form. I remember my Sifu telling me something (in broken english) about a sword form where they would practice by putting shoes around them in five directions.

Based on the name of the form in this video ( Mm Hang=Ng Hang=5 corners?), seem like it could be the same form .

Cheers

EO

CLFNole
04-21-2008, 12:07 PM
I think the form with the shoes in various direction might be baat kwa do, but I could be wrong. Watching the video it looks like a form he might have picked up but I have never heard of it mentioned nor does it look like anything that would require shoes to check your direction it seems to be a very basic set.

Fong
04-22-2008, 12:49 AM
5 Element Broadsword 7-Star Praying Mantis Form .... how come he promote that as a Choy Lay Fut form....?! Ayoooo .....

gwa sow
04-22-2008, 07:33 AM
i think he has somethin about mantis on his site. its in french so i didnt bother to try to read it lol

Eric Olson
04-22-2008, 06:59 PM
5 Element Broadsword 7-Star Praying Mantis Form .... how come he promote that as a Choy Lay Fut form....?! Ayoooo .....

Thanks!

EO