PDA

View Full Version : UFC.....now it's mainstream!

AmanuJRY
04-17-2008, 10:35 PM
With the addition of Burger King as a sponsor for this season's TUF. :eek:

...it's official...

bodhitree
04-18-2008, 04:14 AM
So having a cable show and every stupid college kid watching it on the weekend didn't make it mainstream before?

sanjuro_ronin
04-18-2008, 05:55 AM
Burger King?
Strangely appropriate somehow.

Pork Chop
04-18-2008, 10:06 AM
having a reality show on a cable channel most people have isn't mainstream?
affliction and tapout being sold in dillards and jcpennys wasn't mainstream?
sprawl shorts available in spencer's gifts isn't mainstream?
rival promotions getting deals to be broadcast on CBS and ESPN isn't mainstream?
teenie bopper movies about "never backing down" isn't mainstream?
mma's blown up and is still going...

BruceSteveRoy
04-18-2008, 01:04 PM
yeah mma is pretty much everywhere these days. i am curious to see if it implodes in the next year or two. i am not saying it will but i remember in college business classes when we studied nike and they were saying that nike sales actually suffered due to over saturation of their products, over promotion and over popularity in the 90s. that their products were so ubiquitous that the consumer base actually got tired of them. i think i recall my prof saying it was the first time he had ever heard of a company promoting themselves out of popularity. sales picked up again after nike scaled back its marketing campaign. anyway, the point is that it seems that mma companies and the ufc are getting so commonplace that i wonder if their growth continues the way it has been if they will fall out of popularity.

Becca
04-18-2008, 02:12 PM
sprawl shorts available in spencer's gifts isn't mainstream?...Sprawl shorts in Spencers?!? OMG, I'm afraid to ask. :eek:

SAAMAG
04-19-2008, 08:34 AM
See and here I can't even find a pair of MMA gloves that I like...

AmanuJRY
04-19-2008, 09:11 AM
See and here I can't even find a pair of MMA gloves that I like...

Those should be availible at target next week....

BruceSteveRoy
04-19-2008, 11:34 AM
but even if they are available at target remember the golden rule. shop smart, shop www.martialartsmart.com

Shaolin Wookie
04-20-2008, 05:41 AM
yeah mma is pretty much everywhere these days. i am curious to see if it implodes in the next year or two. i am not saying it will but i remember in college business classes when we studied nike and they were saying that nike sales actually suffered due to over saturation of their products, over promotion and over popularity in the 90s. that their products were so ubiquitous that the consumer base actually got tired of them. i think i recall my prof saying it was the first time he had ever heard of a company promoting themselves out of popularity. sales picked up again after nike scaled back its marketing campaign. anyway, the point is that it seems that mma companies and the ufc are getting so commonplace that i wonder if their growth continues the way it has been if they will fall out of popularity.

I don't really think so...

MMA capitalizes on the same grit and testosterone that made the gladiator such a celebrated figure in history.

You've seen the coliseum, right?