PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man star and Wing Chun

Phil Redmond
04-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Oprah Segment:
Robert Downy Jr. training with his sifu, Eric Oram.
http://www.wingchunkwoon.com/clips.asp

Graychuan
04-22-2008, 06:32 PM
I think at about 30-40 seconds in those drills Downey was doing were nice. I liked them better than the demo his Sifu did.

Phil Redmond
04-22-2008, 08:47 PM
I think at about 30-40 seconds in those drills Downey was doing were nice. I liked them better than the demo his Sifu did.
Opinions vary but obviously his Sifu has more WC skill.

Egg fu young
04-23-2008, 03:36 AM
Then they did coke.....

Again

Graychuan
04-23-2008, 05:54 AM
Opinions vary but obviously his Sifu has more WC skill.

Sorry I wasnt clear, mane. I was just commenting on the drills...obviously he learned them from somewhere. In my opinion it was probably intended that he showed some skills. It was HIS Oprah interview after all. And this doesnt take away from it either. Besides...the free-flowing drills always look better...or at least more spontaneous than the slow-attacks or one-steps. But this is just my opinion.

Phil Redmond
04-23-2008, 06:22 AM
Then they did coke.....Again
Most people don't dwell on the negative. Studying Wing Chun has helped change his life.

sanjuro_ronin
04-23-2008, 06:23 AM
Studying Wing Chun has helped change his life. Most people don't dwell on the negative. ;)

Lets hope he stays the course, of course TCMA and drugs have a long history, maybe he should have taken up Capoeira or Ethiopian Sumo.
:D

Phil Redmond
04-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Sifu "Cheung" showed me this today.

Look at the trailer and the cast.

http://amongdeadmen.com/

Phil Redmond
04-23-2008, 02:20 PM
well, he's riding a high - and really getting a lot of media exposure lately: Time, NY Times, Oprah, etc. - it's cool that he managed to get his sh1t together and all - hopefully he doesn't do a nose dive again, 'cause he's really banging the "look how I recovered and look at all these things that have helped me do it" drum - so what happens when the novelty wears off and people just aren't as interested in all that anymore? will he stay w/all his newfound spiritual disciplines? and as he's played his "turned around my life w/clean living" card, if he craps out now, what's left?
I hope he stays on the right track. I've known a few people to recover from bad "circumstances" so there is hope.

rogue
04-23-2008, 07:24 PM
well, he's riding a high - and really getting a lot of media exposure lately: Time, NY Times, Oprah, etc. - it's cool that he managed to get his sh1t together and all - hopefully he doesn't do a nose dive again, 'cause he's really banging the "look how I recovered and look at all these things that have helped me do it" drum - so what happens when the novelty wears off and people just aren't as interested in all that anymore? will he stay w/all his newfound spiritual disciplines? and as he's played his "turned around my life w/clean living" card, if he craps out now, what's left?

Joining the cast of Two and a Half Men.

sanjuro_ronin
04-24-2008, 04:36 AM
Sifu "Cheung" showed me this today.

Look at the trailer and the cast.

http://amongdeadmen.com/

Looks a tad "low budget"...

Phil Redmond
04-24-2008, 07:11 AM
Looks a tad "low budget"...
Hey, no slam on OZ but it's not Hollywood. ;)

TenTigers
04-24-2008, 07:30 AM
looks like a fun movie. I would definately rent it. When does it hit the shelves?

sanjuro_ronin
04-24-2008, 07:31 AM
Hey, no slam on OZ but it's not Hollywood. ;)

Which is not a bad thing at times.

Nice to see WC doing his WC :D