PDA

View Full Version : So who's going to SENI ?

mad101dan
04-23-2008, 05:39 AM
Just thought I'd find out who from the boards was planning at being at SENI this year.

For those of you not familar here is the details :-

http://www.senishow.com/HOME.htm

I'm going to be there, looking forward to the chi sau comp on Sat and Robert Chu seminar on Sunday.

That should be a great fun weekend :)

So who else will be in attendance ?

Dan

LoneTiger108
04-23-2008, 05:44 AM

Er... yep! I'm there.

It promises to be a good weekend again and I'm also looking forward to seeing Wing Chun actually have a 'prescence' at the expo for the first time in years!

t_niehoff
04-23-2008, 06:10 AM
I would recommend to all WCK practitioners not only taking Robert's seminar, but taking the Steve Morris seminar as well.

sanjuro_ronin
04-23-2008, 06:14 AM
I would agree with the T-Man, most people know Robert of course, but Steve Morris's stuff is top notch and he is one of those rare "been there, done that, ALLOVER THE WORLD" kind of guys.
No BS in Steve's vocabulary.

mad101dan
04-23-2008, 06:32 AM
I think the Steve Morris seminar woudl be very good to attend as well. I am really looking forward to meeting Robert Chu, I have been learning his system for the last 8 months so it will be great to meet him.

What do people think about the chi sau comp ? do you know anyone entering ? do you think anyone can beat Alan Orr ? thats where my money would be for the open weight division.

HardWork8
04-23-2008, 09:46 AM
Just thought I'd find out who from the boards was planning at being at SENI this year.

For those of you not familar here is the details :-

http://www.senishow.com/HOME.htm

I'm going to be there, looking forward to the chi sau comp on Sat and Robert Chu seminar on Sunday.

That should be a great fun weekend :)

Dan

Reading your post hurt me more than I thought. I will be away that weekend on business obligations :mad:. What a pity. The Robert Chu seminar would have been very interesting indeed.

Well to anyone who is going I hope that you have a great time and that you leave with more knowledge than you had when you entered.

There should be people there (or outside) giving out leaflets on the upcoming Siu Lam (Mainland Chinese) Wing Chun London Seminar on Sunday the 11th of May. I hope that they catch all of you Wing Chun guys.:)

chusauli
04-23-2008, 09:53 AM
I'm leaving tonight! :)

I will see you at the show and seminar I will be at Pagoda Imports' booth and happy to meet any and all UK WCK bretheren.

We can chat about anything WCK, Chinese medicine, Kettlebell's, Physical training, weapons, shooting, or just shoot the breeze!

Please come by, happy to meet you all! And looking forward to it!

Best regards,

Robert Chu

HardWork8
04-23-2008, 10:11 AM
I am very tempted to get myself fired so that I can meet you and particiapte in your seminar.:)

chusauli
04-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Better to call in sick...

HardWork8
04-23-2008, 10:56 AM
Better to call in sick...

Sifu, that would get me fired too! :eek:

Unfortunately my jobs requirements include work (and sometimes travel) at weekends. I am even going to miss my own sifu's seminar here in London.:(

So, have a great one and maybe I'll catch the next one. :)

mad101dan
04-24-2008, 05:43 AM
I will be at both Steve and Roberts seminars (as well as competing in the purple div at the Gracie invitational) so will have a busy day it looks like!

See you there :)

I'm leaving tonight!

Have a safe flight, although you are probably here by now. Be nice to meet you on Saturday.

Might bump into you LoneTiger108 :)

Anyone else going ?

Paul T England
04-24-2008, 07:39 AM
Hi,

I will be around on the Sunday but can't make the Saturday. Its my first time at seni so looking forward to meeting people and also saying hello to those I have not seen in a while.

Good luck to those entering the Chi Sau Comp and hopefully someone will record it for us poor sods who will miss it.

Paul

Dan_chi_sau
04-24-2008, 04:27 PM
as flava flav once said...yeeeaaaahh boyyyyyyyyyyyy

Im there! thanks and thanks again to Dan(mad101). He's hooked us up some rather decent accommodation near the excel centre itself and I'm just praying for the shortest friday in history. First round (beer not chi sau) is on me next time we're out (probably saturday after seni). Fingers crossed they still got tickets on the door as its last minute. Oh its gonna be a good weekend. To all those who are attending from here, come say hi, I'm good for wing chun chatting with all and sundrie.
See you there. And I'm with dan, my money is on alan. Woo Hoo!
Nick, I'll make sure I come and cheer you on with the bjj tourament too.

Dan_chi_sau
04-24-2008, 05:19 PM
hey nick,
cool, I love bits of rolled up paper. Sounds great, I'll go bug the bank manager in the morning.
Scott is coming down with mick and steve tomorrow (I'm on a course so wont be there). Was chatting to him about the tan/bong/gan drills we did last time we were down your way, he seemed very interested in being hit reeeaaaallly hard, i told him how we enjoyed it. Oh how we laughed. So if you could oblige....;)
See you saturday.
Dan

Alan Orr
04-24-2008, 07:31 PM
Hey Nick

You must always remember that its not about the skill you have, its about the skills you tell people you have.

Also the seven seals have not been found until next week!

LOL

Al

LoneTiger108
04-25-2008, 08:18 AM
You must always remember that its not about the skill you have, its about the skills you tell people you have.

Can't wait to see you all. Good luck with the competition, and be sure to record some footage for these 'clip hungry' folk ;)

Dan_chi_sau
04-26-2008, 03:25 PM
some of us didn't get paid when we were supposed to, so I wasn't there after all.:mad:
How was the chi sau? Who won?

hhe
04-27-2008, 06:27 PM
What is the point of this type of Chi Sau competition? All I see is just doing full contact standing up with restricted areas. There is already standing up kickboxing, Shan Sao or just do MMA. Is this what you guys can Chusauli's Wing Chun?

Dan_chi_sau
04-27-2008, 06:32 PM
The point is to test your chi sau skills under a certain amount of pressure.
What is the is can you point of to this sort of the grammar is?

hhe
04-27-2008, 08:32 PM
You mean in your training you do not use certain amount of pressure, therefore have to do some kickboxing to experience pressure.

CFT
04-28-2008, 02:10 AM
No. Even if you use pressure in training you are:

1) co-operative to some extent
2) restricted to a limited set of training partners

An open competition takes you outside of your comfort zone.

hhe
04-28-2008, 07:38 AM
I agree with what you said about competition. If this were to call Chi Sau competition, then in my opinion it should have more bridge connection. Otherwise call it trapping distance fighting competition.

I guess its a start.